PDA

View Full Version : Excellent Deal on Europcar @POP

papi_sosua
03-29-2010, 06:03 PM
Excellent deal on EUROPCAR rentals @POP using this link ONLY: http://www.multiurl.com/sa/europcar
Using the prepaid option, I incurred charges of $134.98 @POP for eight days. Initial reservation was for an economy but got upgraded to a 50k mi Aveo compact.
Note that the pre-paid is risk-free as one can cancel up to 2 d before the rental date w/o penalties (see T&C).

Taxi ride to and from Sosua-POP is $45 combined; so for an additional $90, I had a rental available for the whole week.

IDEAL41
03-29-2010, 10:41 PM
what would you reccomend for additional coverage? (coll, theft)....rented in Tijuana and drove down the Baja with no issues, Is the DR comparable to Mexico for 'craziness'? Is there parking near condos dom. as we have been talking about it...this will save me airport transfer fees.
ideal

papi_sosua
03-29-2010, 11:06 PM
No add. coverage. Just go w/ CC straight.

Craziest drivers in the world are in the US; they have no clue what they are doing, and they don't even know it. In the DR, just never stop, go w/ the flow.

You can park next to CD; they have Haitian security 6/7 and Serbian security 1/7. The Haitian gentlemen loves to practice his English; he is a cool dude.

what would you reccomend for additional coverage? (coll, theft)....rented in Tijuana and drove down the Baja with no issues, Is the DR comparable to Mexico for 'craziness'? Is there parking near condos dom. as we have been talking about it...this will save me airport transfer fees.
ideal

IDEAL41
03-29-2010, 11:30 PM
sounds good, I am suprised at the cost...I guess it's better than having the cars just sit there.

NYC2DR
03-29-2010, 11:56 PM
Just tested it... gave me a price of $484 for Suzuki Kitarra 8 days. Which is about $100 less than normal. My question is what is the promotion code? Last time i reserved w/ a promotion code they asked me for proof that i was affiliated or entitled to the discount.

papi_sosua
03-30-2010, 08:15 AM
Don't know. I was not asked for any form of proof; I went the pre-paid route and just showed up w/ my e-mail voucher. Simple as that...

Just tested it... gave me a price of $484 for Suzuki Kitarra 8 days. Which is about $100 less than normal. My question is what is the promotion code? Last time i reserved w/ a promotion code they asked me for proof that i was affiliated or entitled to the discount.

Pedrowantit
03-30-2010, 02:52 PM
Tried to rent on internet a week ago and the price looked good and then I entered Canada as home Country and it switched to a totally different rate. And the prepaid option was not available. (looks like its just for US Credit cards)