PDA

View Full Version : Easy spot to p/u supplies coming from POP to Sosua

IDEAL41
03-30-2010, 07:28 PM
Sorry for being a pain in everyones ass with all the questions....just trying to get the lay of the land for when I touch down....pulled the pin and rented some wheels....where is a decent place to stop on the way from the airport or in town to p/u some supplies (water,beer,juice,snacks). It will probably be 9 pm or so before I get into town...whats open late that a gringo with almost no spanish skills can get supplied up for night one without getting hassled or lost as a newbie to the DR? Is the Playero at the entrance of town open late?....I'd rather wait to do my exploring in the morning.

Jimmydr
03-30-2010, 07:29 PM
Sorry for being a pain in everyones ass with all the questions....just trying to get the lay of the land for when I touch down....pulled the pin and rented some wheels....where is a decent place to stop on the way from the airport or in town to p/u some supplies (water,beer,juice,snacks). It will probably be 9 pm or so before I get into town...whats open late that a gringo with almost no spanish skills can get supplied up for night one without getting hassled or lost as a newbie to the DR? Is the Playero at the entrance of town open late?....I'd rather wait to do my exploring in the morning.

The main Supermarket will have everything that you will need.

IDEAL41
03-30-2010, 08:10 PM
open late?

balcoach
03-30-2010, 08:23 PM
IDEAL...Not sure how late the playero is open. I would wait till the AM to get out for those kinda supplies... if you ask Colin to have a 5 gallon of water in your unit when you arrive her will do so at CD>>> or lyndsay, whom ever you rented with... driving at night for your first time in the DR is quite ballsy my friend!

swiggy
03-30-2010, 08:29 PM
Playero closes at 8. there are a few colmados on pedro clisante open after 9. drive past the texaco station on the main road and make a left. go to the stop sign and make a right. about a half mile or so down there are 2 seperate stores on the left, on is a bit further on the corner so if you miss the first you should hit the second one.