PDA

View Full Version : insects and rodents

will_blueprint
03-16-2005, 10:58 AM
How is this place, i heard form some that everything is cool and you wont see too many at. Then i have heard stories where, there are cock roaches on the wall in restaurants, rats running accross your feet. How is it really,.

continentalmike
03-16-2005, 11:04 AM
It's hot and a bit dirty outside.. both conditions conducive to breeding both rats and insect.. however inside mostly they keep it clean

As a result you'll

1) See the occasional rat or mouse in the street at night.. rarely in a shop/restaurant

2) Have to use DEET repellent if you want to sleep mosquito free..

nuhomet
03-16-2005, 11:27 AM
How is this place, i heard form some that everything is cool and you wont see too many at. Then i have heard stories where, there are cock roaches on the wall in restaurants, rats running accross your feet. How is it really,.

Some rodents grow to really large size. Take a look at this Sosewer rat that I saw in a restaurant. You regular Sosua guys know this rodent???

http://members.cox.net/nuhomet/03-16-05.jpg

BrooklynBeas
03-16-2005, 12:34 PM
calm down you big sissy... You will see some giant fuckin spiders sometimes and maybe a waterbug or two but not that many rodents... sometimes u will see a shitload of ants or a lizard as well...

will_blueprint
03-16-2005, 12:38 PM
lol yeah i am a big sissy when it comes to tht kinda stuff

BROOKLYN_357
03-16-2005, 06:32 PM
in May, i gotta travel with EVERYTHING....deep woods off, Raid, mouse traps

DEPUTY DAWG
03-16-2005, 08:17 PM
is there anyway to use mesquitoe netting or something like that. do you have to bath in bug repellent out at night only or even in your hotel room. is it real bad in the daytime as well :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
27 days to go

JDR
03-16-2005, 08:20 PM
The hotel rooms are secure, no flies, or rats, just bugs now and again. Don't worry yourself about it.

BrooklynBeas
03-16-2005, 08:56 PM
well in your hotel room you can see and i have seen... Spiders,Waterbugs,Ants,Lizards,Mosquitos... Ive never seen a rodent in my room... I have been bitten alive by the mosquitos and you will mostly get this in your bathroom (shower) the standing water attracts them... The mosquitos can really get you when your out at night... wear pants if its not to hot to aviod it... or just deal with it...

fox mulder
03-16-2005, 09:01 PM
I always travel with a defogger theres a type that keeps killing for I do not know how long. Use it at the begining of the trip it really knocks everything out and I am fine for the rest of the trip.

gdogg
03-16-2005, 09:52 PM
There was the biggest spider I've ever seen in my closet this past trip. Never seen anything like it. That's probably why I didn't see any bugs (or rodents). This thing ate them all!

moshy2k
03-16-2005, 11:37 PM
Good idea UD,

But did the fogger spell up the room?? And I assume you brought it down there as I think (post 911) you can't take that on a plane.

And yeah I wear pants as often as possible those damn mosquitos or fleas are EVERYWHERE.............. THEY WILL FIND YOU

fox mulder
03-17-2005, 02:03 AM
I just check it in with my luggage and when I get there before I buy any food I defog and go out hunting come back about 3 hrs -4 hrs later and have peace of mind through out the trip. Not one mosquito in the house or roach or spider or anything. But you have to do some serious sweeping as that stuff goes into all the cracks in the house and kills them.

will_blueprint
03-17-2005, 10:20 AM
what brand/kind of fogger do you use?

el_papi_chew_low
03-17-2005, 11:45 AM
Plenty of mice hangout at PJs at night. Sometimes they even dance to the batchata.

fox mulder
03-17-2005, 12:22 PM
what brand/kind of fogger do you use?

Cant remember the name I normally go to Walmart and pick one up.

BROOKLYN_357
03-17-2005, 07:06 PM
Plenty of mice hangout at PJs at night. Sometimes they even dance to the batchata.

you should take a pic of them dancing, lol

BrooklynBeas
03-17-2005, 08:02 PM

you should take a pic of them dancing, lol

i think he was kidding... now i know whatthe speghetti bologanese has inside it... thanks

psienk
03-29-2005, 01:34 PM
Stayed at BB last May, my friend had 2 big friggin roaches in his room, I stayed in the penthouse right next to him and didn't see a thing ( and I wasn't always wasted). We went to Pappions steakhouse and we saw the biggest spider that I have ever seen including the zoo, I thought my buddy was going to get up on the table, just glad that I was wearing my Presidente muscles by then and nothing was bothering me.

el_papi_chew_low
03-29-2005, 01:56 PM
I think it was Cool Hand that told me he saw a couple of rats at PJs last week. I have only seen mice there, and they do dance to the Bachata.

I took a real careful look around Europa. I did see a few water bugs and plenty of ants. There were also roaches around. I think I will bring a bug bomb with me next time or some roach motels. I was also told that the hotel will exterminate for you.

WSJ3
03-29-2005, 02:14 PM
I think it was Cool Hand that told me he saw a couple of rats at PJs last week. I have only seen mice there, and they do dance to the Bachata.

I took a real careful look around Europa. I did see a few water bugs and plenty of ants. There were also roaches around. I think I will bring a bug bomb with me next time or some roach motels. I was also told that the hotel will exterminate for you.

I have to agree with Chew Low on the water bugs Europa issue...

I had plenty of them dive bomb me while I was getting my Salad Tossed this last trip...but nothing stops WSJ3 from completing the Salad Tossing mission.

LOL.

D_W_
03-29-2005, 02:18 PM

I have to agree with Chew Low on the water bugs Europa issue...

I had plenty of them dive bomb me while I was getting my Salad Tossed this last trip...but nothing stops WSJ3 from completing the Salad Tossing mission.

LOL.

Believe it or not, short of the ants in the penthouse, the Palace does not have a bug problem or rodent problem for that matter. Although, at night watch out for the bats on the top floor.

bigfroggy1
03-29-2005, 02:51 PM
palace was nice just some mosquitos and 1 big spider :shock:
did not get bit to much walking aroud sousa while i was there either :D

moshy2k
03-29-2005, 04:22 PM
WTF do you mean watch out for the bats ??? And exactly how many are we talking here???

DEPUTY DAWG
03-29-2005, 04:32 PM
WTF do you mean watch out for the bats ??? And exactly how many are we talking here???

Don't worry about it. I just ordered some acme bat repellent. and don't for get the citrinella candles :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

freakaccident
03-29-2005, 10:34 PM

Don't worry about it. I just ordered some acme bat repellent. and don't for get the citrinella candles :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

If ya wanna catch some bats there let me know. I learned how as a kid. Tastes like chicken.

BrooklynBeas
03-30-2005, 08:51 AM

If ya wanna catch some bats there let me know. I learned how as a kid. Tastes like chicken.

LMAo... sick people we have here!

bigfroggy1
03-30-2005, 02:26 PM
does that acme bat repellent come with acme instant hole
the road runner wants to kwow :P

D_W_
03-30-2005, 03:20 PM

Don't worry...they're not the vampire type. If you lie down at night at the penthouse you can see them swoop over eating the mosquitos that are flying about....

Moshy...don't puss out on me.

moshy2k
03-30-2005, 09:19 PM
LOL, Don't worry Dogwood I am still hanging up there. I gotta get my nightly bbbj under the stars. I might have to look into some bat repellant though.

BrooklynBeas
03-31-2005, 08:13 AM
LOL, Don't worry Dogwood I am still hanging up there. I gotta get my nightly bbbj under the stars. I might have to look into some bat repellant though.

do they actually make Bat Repellant?

Bats are blind they only fly into you on accident... i think i read that somewhere

JD
03-31-2005, 09:57 AM

do they actually make Bat Repellant?

Bats are blind they only fly into you on accident... i think i read that somewhere

I believe you are right.

moshy2k
03-31-2005, 07:33 PM
Beas,

I think those candles that give off a little smoke when lit keep most things away.

DEPUTY DAWG
03-31-2005, 08:30 PM
does that acme bat repellent come with acme instant hole
the road runner wants to kwow :P

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y65/tmcq58/acmeguard.gif

Yes it does and moshy2k no need to worry because Wiley E. Coyote - SUPER GENIUS has your back :!: :!: :!: :!:

BrooklynBeas
03-31-2005, 09:48 PM
Beas,

I think those candles that give off a little smoke when lit keep most things away.

i think a bat is going to eat you!

moshy2k
03-31-2005, 10:13 PM
If that bat is named Naomi I will be very happy :shock: