PDA

View Full Version : Hotel / Condo suggestions please

Aren
07-21-2006, 09:26 PM
Hi,

I'm looking for a clean, safe place for 2 months (mid-Dec 06 to mid-Feb 07) near Sosua down town (preferably safe walking distance at 2am ! Hate motos at night). I was in Sosua last Xmas for 3 weeks, I always read all the forums relating to DR and Sosua (so I know my way around).

You might say that's easy, lots of places. But there is a catch, I need a reliable high speed internet connection from 8am-2pm Mon-Fri (all working days). Yes, unfortunately this 2 months is not a holiday....,Damn ! But if the place is chica friendly (another criteria) it could be a lot of fun, ha !?

It doesn't have to be a WiFi, but reliable connection in the room. The condition of my stay in DR is directly related to this link working properly - or else I'm under strict orders to head back, think about it I could be depressed for life.....!???

I have a few places in mind but like to hear your suggestions (will pay reasonably for a reliable place).

Top of the list of course is Rocky's Condo at Tradewinds (if they are not all booked up). Also read good things about Club Residential (ideal location, I think I passed by it a few times on the way to Palace) but I doubt if they have Internet Connection in rooms (although I am prepared to pay good money for it if they have/install one).

The Paraiso De Colon is also possible but I think they are now (summer) closed, don't reply to their emails/phones ! (Best time of the year to make money and they're closed !?!?). Are they chica friendly ?

I was at the apartment side of Europa last year, good location but low quality - anyway, no Internet in rooms there either.

Cheers,

A.

gdogg
07-21-2006, 09:28 PM
New Garden Hotel (formerly Garden Keti) is what you're looking for. It's down the street from Rocky's (on the same side) going away from Pedro Calisante.

gdogg
07-21-2006, 09:28 PM
Oh, and WELCOME to the board!

Aren
07-21-2006, 09:47 PM
Thanks gdogg, I've being reading this board for about a year now. But I'm too lazy to write much.

I've read all about your invasion of New Garden Hotel and all the pics in the last week or so (I know exactly where it is - excellent location). Actually I just called them a couple of hours ago. The guy's response to my broken Spanish about internet connection for my laptop was "Internet Cafe" !?

Do they have a reliable High Speed Intenet Connection there ? Also, what about a generator for all those powercuts ?

gdogg
07-21-2006, 10:02 PM
They have wifi connections in the rooms. I didn't have one (a laptop), this info is per Jimmy.

guttaman
07-21-2006, 10:30 PM
Tradewinds has power 24/7. If Marco can not help you contact Jenny Beaudreau (sp). I am sure someone will pop up with her contact info in a minute or two. If you are willing to pay i am sure they will hook up a phone line with DSL. I think installation is 2000 pesos for a phoneline and another2000 for DSL hook up and a monthly cost of 800 pesos for the service. Atleast that is what i was told it cost a chica i know in Santiago. Prices might be different in Sosua.

guttaman
07-21-2006, 10:31 PM
But then again walking to Tradewinds at night is a bitch. You are better off in a condo near Pedro.

Kevy
07-21-2006, 10:32 PM
Here is the contact for the bald waitress

http://www.condossosua.com/

mirage6
07-21-2006, 10:33 PM
Thanks gdogg, I've being reading this board for about a year now. But I'm too lazy to write much.

I've read all about your invasion of New Garden Hotel and all the pics in the last week or so (I know exactly where it is - excellent location). Actually I just called them a couple of hours ago. The guy's response to my broken Spanish about internet connection for my laptop was "Internet Cafe" !?

Do they have a reliable High Speed Intenet Connection there ? Also, what about a generator for all those powercuts ?

HEY welcome to the board and shit ur going for two months promise us u will take some pics -- at least post pics for all of us to see pretty please!!!!:o

guttaman
07-21-2006, 10:55 PM
Here is the contact for the bald waitress

http://www.condossosua.com/

I was right. 2 minutes. Just do not be that fast with your chicas. LOL

TG37
07-21-2006, 11:29 PM
does anyone have the link to the Newgarden Hotel?

guttaman
07-21-2006, 11:38 PM
gardenketi.com

Apos
07-21-2006, 11:38 PM
does anyone have the link to the Newgarden Hotel?
http://www.gardenketi.com/eng/hotel.htm :mrgreen:

guttaman
07-21-2006, 11:39 PM
http://www.newgardenhotel.net/eng/default.htm

guttaman
07-21-2006, 11:41 PM
They need chicas in their photo gallery.

TG37
07-21-2006, 11:42 PM
They need chicas in their photo gallery.

HELL YES!! do you know what the rates are for 1 bdrm in Sept ? they dont list them!

Apos
07-21-2006, 11:45 PM
HELL YES!! do you know what the rates are for 1 bdrm in Sept ? they dont list them!$38-$40 cash or CC i believe but may vary by season...probably not much though

Rocky
07-21-2006, 11:58 PM
Condos Dominicano have internet by way of an ethernet cable.
It's is semi chica friendly.
They have studios, 1 bed & 2 bed units.
If you want to reserve for that time of the year, you should do it soon.
I have heard about some guys working out private deals for the net in Culb Residential, which is more chica friendly, but less of a chance of working out your internet needs.
I'm not sure if you guys are saying that New Garten has internet in the rooms, but if it does, that could be an option, although it would be pricey, if you don't work out a monthly deal.
Other than that, I don't believe anybody else has the internet service in the downtown area.
We have free wifi here, so if you were to be closeby, you could come over and use it.
If you must have it where you live, then refer to suggestions above, or Trade Winds condos, but that's NOT in the downtown area.

TG37
07-22-2006, 10:19 PM
do any of the units have fridges??

Rocky
07-22-2006, 11:17 PM
do any of the units have fridges??At condos Dominicano? If that's what you were asking, yes.
Pretty much all condos would have kitchens or kitchenettes.
Some hotels have small fridges, although, not very common.

gdogg
07-23-2006, 12:05 AM
New Garden rooms have a small fridge.

TG37
07-23-2006, 10:26 AM
At condos Dominicano? If that's what you were asking, yes.
Pretty much all condos would have kitchens or kitchenettes.
Some hotels have small fridges, although, not very common.

Thanks Rocky , I was referring to the new garden hotel .

SJG
07-23-2006, 12:08 PM
The small fridge is nice, but during my stay in November, I plan to just use it for refreshments. All my meals will be at resteraunts. Breakfast every day at Rocky's.

Two months is a long time for a hotel room, but if your cool with that, stay at the New Garden. I'll be there in November of '06 and plan to be there for two weeks in Jan or Feb '07.

Me personally, if staying for two months, I'd probably opt for a condo, or at least a hotel that has a small living room area and kitchen. Let us know how you decide, and welcome to the board.

Rocky
07-23-2006, 12:23 PM
Whatever you decide, you certainly are welcome to use the free wifi here.
We only have 2 rules.. No sound, as it could disturb others, so headphones would be handy, and no heavy downloads, as it would slow everybody else down.
We have 1,500 kbps, but if 2 or 3 people were downloading music at the same time, the rest of us would slow down to a crawl.

gdogg
07-25-2006, 01:12 AM
If you're staying at New Garden, Rocky's is about a 90 second walk down on the same side of the street.

Hockeyrhino
07-26-2006, 12:05 AM
Hey Guy's,

This place looks good. What do you think the charge would be for the month of December? Could only see a few pictures of the rooms. Are they small? Do they have studio's?

How do they compare to say One Ocean or the Plams condos?

Also any recommondations on room(s)#'s to stay in? Is gound floor better than say a upper level room? Quite rooms away from the main drag?
Room that is more private than other? A room that is more chica accessable with out 3rd degree from the gaurd?

Hows the water pressure and hydro situation? Think Jimmy said they have safe in each room. Anyone confirm?

Thanks,
Look'in to book a room soon ;o)

Beads
07-26-2006, 12:28 AM
they definitely have a safe in each room I looked when JayJay showed me his room and Jimmy's room had one as well. The rooms looked nice 2 beds nice furniture and a nice bathroom.Good a/c and a small fridge. all you need. if you plan on cooking there was no kitchen.nice pool and hotel management were on hand but werent interruptive of anything at all (perfect they were there if you wanted to talk to them but they didnt bug me and I was just a visiting guest). I walked over and spoke to a Lorenzo who was the owner (manager) and he seemed like a nice guy.Im booking for September. Hope this place stays ISOC friendly because its a nice clean spot for a good price ina perfect location.

Aren
07-27-2006, 05:01 PM
Thanks for all the info. But still no one confirmed if New Garden has internet for sure and if so (is it in the rooms), I wonder if it's close enough that they use Rocky's WiFi !!!???

For 2 months I guess I really need a small kitchenette or something. Does Club Residential have kitchenette and internet ?! (Although being down town and close to cheap food and clubs is a great advantage - so not top priority).

I never thought it'll be such hard work finding a place down town with internet, but I should decide and book something soon.

tampabukkake
07-27-2006, 05:10 PM
I have a condo at Club Residencial and just installed WiFi. At this time it only reaches the front four buildings.... Bldg A , B , C and D of the apts facing the pool.

The monthly rents for the months of Dec thru April are high.

Rainman
08-05-2006, 11:14 PM
Thanks for all the info. But still no one confirmed if New Garden has internet for sure and if so (is it in the rooms), I wonder if it's close enough that they use Rocky's WiFi !!!???

For 2 months I guess I really need a small kitchenette or something. Does Club Residential have kitchenette and internet ?! (Although being down town and close to cheap food and clubs is a great advantage - so not top priority).

I never thought it'll be such hard work finding a place down town with internet, but I should decide and book something soon.

garden keti: i could only get the internet to work at my small table outside my room. i was on the bottom floor right pass reception.

i was able to get the room for 30 but a friend of the owner brought me over so that was probably why.

i asked him about long-term and he wouldnt budge so 900 per month