PDA

View Full Version : Blackbeards & a Little Strange

Dark Knight
03-16-2005, 09:01 PM
Hi I am looking to stay in BBs soon and will certainly partake of what is there. It looks like there is pretty good talent to keep a guy busy but...if I get bored after three days, are the "alternative", i.e. other chicas near enough that I can get a taxi and go get one in Costambar, or is BBs pretty much all that exists, monger-wise, in Costambar? I heard there were some clubs nearby that were not quite in POP. I am curious because I would like to base my next trip out of BB and just hang and bang but have an option to go out of the complex a bit if I get bored, without going all the way to Cristals, generally POP clubs, car washes et al. Hell, if all else fails I'll go to Sosua. I'm just sayin.

Thanks in advance.

JDR
03-16-2005, 09:04 PM
You can't walk it. There were are still are 2 clubs as you get out of there, there there is Puerto Plata about 7 minutes further away.

Kevy
03-16-2005, 09:07 PM
Last year there was a place just outside the gate called Hollywood or something. It was really hit or miss.
There really is not too much going on inside Costamber and occasionally the Gym bar or somewhere will hire a new waitress. Otherwise you can go to PP, crystals was a fairly quick Moto concho ride and didn't cost more than 50-70 pesos at night.

Ram
03-16-2005, 09:08 PM
When I was there in Feb I found that Costambar was mostly old people. There were a few beach girls aroung but it seems it is a bit more of a retirement community that a party place. BB girls are about the best it gets in Costambar. Trips into PP were the only way, taxi by yourself was expensive (300 rd each way) so hook up with a few other guys in BB, cuts the cost, it's fun having a van full of mongers and crystals girls...party in itself!! :D

I did hear that the Harley Davidson bar has opened but I am not sure what it is going to be like, maybe liven the place up a bit...I dunno.

JDR
03-16-2005, 09:11 PM
BlackBeards has 24 rooms and from what I am hearing there are at least 15 - 20 rooms filled. Shouldn't be hard to find 2-3 others to slit cabs.

Macky
03-17-2005, 10:01 AM
Ostronic

You can take a moto to the autopista, the highway, and there is a strip place I think it's called Principe, they may have a show starting at midnight or so, the place was empty before that when I was there, this works out because BB sort of slows down or the bar even closes at midnight. Problem is, will a moto be available outside the gate at BB. The taxi would undoubtedly rip you off for that short ride.

To go to PP, take a taxi even at the rip-off rates because the moto would be quite dangerous for that ride. It is not that far and I have done it many times but at night it is scary and there is a small bridge that needs to be crossed and on a moto it can be very scary. I got away with it many times but one night my moto man almost killed us. Really. He decided to squeeze us between the guardrail and a dumptruck. Well he needed to pass the truck, yes? Where better to do that than on the bridge? Partly my fault. Hired him for the night and I had been buying the kid his beer as we progressed on our mission.

I did not find the action in PP to be all that much but I was there in off season. You might hit it on a better night than I did. It is something to do anyway and if you round up a few other guys it would be fun. Probably cheaper to hire a driver for the night as the Costambar taxis were charging 20 bucks each way, you could hire a guy for the night for the same or even less, probably. The spots in PP are not walkable. Too spread out. Try Mountainview about midnight they used to have shows but I don't know if they still do.

Macky
03-17-2005, 10:13 AM
Ostronic

The driver's price for the night out of BB--- I don't know what that would run because I have not been around there for a long time but what I meant for 'less than that' was 'less' than the forty dollars round trip fare they were charging last August. Long ago I paid twenty for the night but a lot has changed since then. Still it shouldn't be more than the forty round trip that you would pay ordinarily. I know this doesn't make sense but a few years ago they were charging 10 bucks one way and I hired a guide out of BB for the night for twenty. Speaking of which, BB could set you up. Try to round up a few other guys it would be more fun. If you can't, do it anyway because there is a trade off anyway, that is if you are solo with your own driver you can bail out of a place whenever you want if nothing interests you, where if the other guys want to stay you will stay also. Like if they want to spend hours at Crystals paying girls for lap dances and you want to hit Mountainview where the chicas are more reasonable.

Dark Knight
03-17-2005, 06:36 PM
Oustanding info, you guys are great. I'll chew on this, but I have to say on first glance it makes BB not so attractive. Bar closes at 12?? Sounds like not only Costambar but BB itself is for the retired folks. The thing I liked best about Sosua was I could walk around and sample different things. One thing for sure, I don't need no stinkin blue ball lap dances! I'm as likely to send western union as do that, if you know what I mean. Thanks again.

El Drunko
03-17-2005, 06:40 PM
I have personally sat at the bar at BB's much later than 12. You won`t see it open at 4 am though. For me thats ok, I make sure I stock up for such events.

rley69
03-17-2005, 07:04 PM
According to BBs website a new Harley Davidson Cafe opened at Costambar recently and there were about a hundred bikes there on the opening night.

This place was nearing completion when I was last around in January. The chicas didn't seem too impressed by it.

Dark Knight
03-17-2005, 07:46 PM
That is funny. I am with the chicas, not impressed by bikes. Maybe that's because 2 of my best friends died on them. It took me a day to get used to the motoconcho experience, honestly. Two wheels just tip over too easily, and I'd rather not be in a wheel chair. Thanks for the info guys, looks like I am Sosua-bound. I'm too damned restless to lay in the sun and relax and water bores me.

Jimmy....you're breakin my balls with this "you got a lot to learn kid" stuff, I don't mind, I made a drunken post. I belive they are already broke anyway. I'm going to be down there in April after tax season so I'll see you then and return the favor. I'm just kidding; you are an invaluable repository of information. I think BBs is a place that is not right for me yet. Sosua here I come. Later.

JDR
03-17-2005, 09:44 PM
Jimmy....you're breakin my balls with this "you got a lot to learn kid" stuff, I don't mind, I made a drunken post. I belive they are already broke anyway. I'm going to be down there in April after tax season so I'll see you then and return the favor. I'm just kidding; you are an invaluable repository of information. I think BBs is a place that is not right for me yet. Sosua here I come. Later.

The ranks are pre set. They change as you post. BB's may or not be for you, only you will know for sure. :D

BrooklynBeas
03-17-2005, 09:47 PM
its not really for me... unless maybe if i had a car...too out of the way from everything and too pricey for the girls there... plus i like to go to the discos

the_Jayman
03-17-2005, 10:07 PM
Two wheels just tip over too easily.

All ya gotta do is keep the rubber side down ! !

It's a debate that has been going on for YEARS ! ! Black Beards or the Palace . . .

read the threads and then compare apples to oranges . . .

I'm going to Black Beards on Wednesday ! ! :D :D :D :D :D :D

JDR
03-17-2005, 10:10 PM
There are no more debates, we got people all over the place. Grab a public taxi, 2-3 buddies and hit everything, EVERYWHERE!

the_Jayman
03-17-2005, 10:24 PM
2-3 buddies and hit everything, EVERYWHERE!

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN ABOUT ! !

YEAH BABY ! !

Pana
03-17-2005, 10:40 PM
Two wheels just tip over too easily.

All ya gotta do is keep the rubber side down ! !

It's a debate that has been going on for YEARS ! ! Black Beards or the Palace . . .

read the threads and then compare apples to oranges . . .

I'm going to Black Beards on Wednesday ! ! :D :D :D :D :D :D
"READ THE THREADS IT WILL ANSWER ALOT OF YOUR QUESTIONS"

Macky
03-17-2005, 11:17 PM
Ostronic

My info about BB is old and out of date, and perhaps things keep going after midnight these days. A while back, they used to close the bar at midnight.

It can be quiet there or lively depending on how many guests are there but you might get to the point where a little down time is welcome. But again I shouldn't say to much about BB, ain't been there in a while. I sorta feel that PP is easier to check out from BB than Sosua, and also if you find someone interesting in PP in the wee hours, it's sort of a long ride back to Sosua but a short one to BB. There's plusses and minuses, but like the guys say-- hell, hit everyplace, do 'em all.

DEPUTY DAWG
03-18-2005, 12:07 AM
There are no more debates, we got people all over the place. Grab a public taxi, 2-3 buddies and hit everything, EVERYWHERE!

I hope there's going to be some of this happening with some vets in april when we take over the area :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Dark Knight
03-19-2005, 04:30 PM
BBs would be nice just to chill I guess. I am not dissing the place, in fact I meant to stay there, all the stress stress stress in the states, sounds nice to go just go in that sunny gated cave and bang. It just seems too much like an AI with pussy. I like to be able to walk out my door and wander around Sosua, find that strange on my feet. Never liked taxi drivers (Travis Bickle) and not at all fond of motos. Main point is, once a guy runs through the talent at BBs (which should not take long, I don't do fat chix), then you have to run out with Travis Bickle to a disco. And as Lou from the shark bar told me last year (in agreement), "I hate those F****ing discos". I think he meant he hated dancing, which I do too, since we are both white guys, but you get the idea. Just sayin.

Question: Do you all find the POP girls from Crystals, et al. to be more jaded than Sosua girls, since they are in a bigger city with more $$ floating around? I already know they are generally hotter. Thanks.