PDA

View Full Version : Sabor...Big D's New Spot! GRAND OPENING!!

gdogg
04-26-2010, 06:59 PM
This Saturday, May 1st! Sounds like it should be a blast...especially if Starbury shows. if you're in town, check it out!

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/34444bd619b17983c.jpg

naptime
04-26-2010, 10:55 PM
funny. i was coming on the board to post this :) lol

read about it on facebook.

glad i'll be in town for the grand opening :D

balcoach
04-26-2010, 11:47 PM
Enjoy nap... look forward to a full report on Big D's new endeavor, from a connisuer like yourself... I can trust your educated opinion my handsome friend!

see you in June/July

husl2001
04-26-2010, 11:55 PM
Enjoy nap... look forward to a full report on Big D's new endeavor, from a connisuer like yourself... I can trust your educated opinion my handsome friend!

see you in June/July

Is he closing the beach spot, or is this going to be his full time location going forward?

gdogg
04-27-2010, 12:01 AM
Is he closing the beach spot, or is this going to be his full time location going forward?

Nope, the beach spot will remain open. He's just opening a bar.

TNT72
04-27-2010, 12:18 AM
Fuck,
I wish I could see this shit live! I loved Big D's attitude on the beach. Let alone the fact that he gave GREAT service! Something so rare in Sosua, or the DR.
There are few real businessmen in Sosua. I will stand by Rick w/ Rocky's and Big D any day of the week. They understand business.....period!
I don't ever expect everything to go perfect, but a real businessman will take care of the imperfections!
I love Big D's service. He brings the US service to the DR!!

naptime
04-27-2010, 01:39 AM
yep, he said he will still have the beach open tuesday through sundays. and now will also have this buffet inside colibri.

i'm looking forward to it.

sounds like the grand opening will be something not to be missed!

thanks coach. i can assure you, that between darcy and i, there should be ample coverage of the nights events :lol: jejejeje

bryan_sr
04-27-2010, 01:39 AM
Mayweather win by point unanamous decision....

Slim

Mr Hillbilly
04-27-2010, 05:57 AM
Dumb it down a little I will be in town Saturday where on the strip is his new bar?

Tony Toca
04-27-2010, 06:10 AM
Dumb it down a little I will be in town Saturday where on the strip is his new bar?

I believe it is not to far from the Cuba Libra, on the opposite side of the street.

gdogg
04-27-2010, 06:12 AM

Across the street and down a little from the Cuba Libre bar:

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/148364acd66270b258.jpg

(pic courtesy of daddyooo)

rushdog34
04-27-2010, 07:03 AM
so will the bar spot just be on occasions or a nightly thing when the beach shuts down?? i love the food but i must admit the most part that i enjoyed was eating and sitting there with the convo

gdogg
04-27-2010, 07:15 AM
so will the bar spot just be on occasions or a nightly thing when the beach shuts down?? i love the food but i must admit the most part that i enjoyed was eating and sitting there with the convo

From Big D:

"Sabor will be great. I've created and incredible all u can eat buffet complete with BBQ and other favorites. By the time I finish getting things setup it will be the type of spot you can hang out all day by the pool on the cabana beds with your chica or your boys. Its going to be a great spot."

I'll have more details later today.

Trib
04-27-2010, 08:35 AM
From Big D:

"Sabor will be great. I've created and incredible all u can eat buffet complete with BBQ and other favorites. By the time I finish getting things setup it will be the type of spot you can hang out all day by the pool on the cabana beds with your chica or your boys. Its going to be a great spot."

THis is off the chain!!!! I was just checking in before this weekends short trip and now I have my sat night setup for dinner!!! To hell with cooking at the villa ;)

naptime
04-27-2010, 09:00 AM
lookin like there will be plenty of isocers on hand for grand opening night :)

Hoseman
04-27-2010, 09:02 AM
I will be there .

Damager
04-27-2010, 09:48 AM
Will most definetly be there.

Mr Hillbilly
04-27-2010, 09:53 AM
Whether you like Bar B que or not he is a genuinely nice guy even if you skip eating there a trip or two he will still stop and chat it up with you wherever you are unlike other people.

mikelodge
04-27-2010, 06:42 PM
Nope, the beach spot will remain open. He's just opening a bar.

Nice to hear about another great option on the East End of Town where I prefer to hangout. Now I will have Coyote, Andys, Passions, Cuba Libre, and Big D's all within 3 blocks of where I like to stay.

rushdog34
04-27-2010, 08:33 PM
where ever big D is im going to support the man.. but its slowly sounding like my extra long beach days at his spot is dying down lol

From Big D:

mikelodge
04-27-2010, 11:53 PM

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/148364acd66270b258.jpg)

That is Freds little Red Ford Festiva parked on the street in front of the Bar.

He is a cool guy in my opinion livin the dream. 10 or so young girls working legally for a guy in his 60's with benefits. God Bless Um All.

mikelodge
04-28-2010, 12:00 AM

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/148364acd66270b258.jpg)

This is another picture of Freds Cuba Libre to be followed by one of the Hotel El Colibri (Hummingbird) for you non bird lovers. The yellow building next to Cuba Libre is a Massage place.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/160414af1c4ca194fd.jpg

They were at least until a couple of weeks ago giving Spanish Lessons there

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/160414af1b23b1e38d.jpg

rushdog34
04-28-2010, 12:44 AM
i have yet to walk down further than passions.. next trip i will make it a point to do so

mikelodge
04-28-2010, 12:59 AM
i have yet to walk down further than passions.. next trip i will make it a point to do so

Just my 2cents but Fuck Walk, Fuck Moto violence, robberies from both and all that crap increasing.

Rent a car for God's Sake if you have a Drivers License, (Sorry not directed at you RD) in general. $20-25 a day for a cheap car and no more taxi fees and moto fees and potential robberies.

Want to go to Cabarete to the nice beach for the day DO IT with AC.

We pay thousands for a trip what is another couple hundred for a couple weeks to have a car and be able to get more women for less by offering a ride.

naptime
04-28-2010, 01:30 AM
now see, i have the exact opposite opinion.

everything is so close in sosua, no need for a car. imo a car rental would be wasted money. (if you dont plan on leaving sosua)

i absolutely despise the beach in cabarete. i honestly dont see how anyone coudl refer to that as a "nice beach" unless you are a kite boarder. too windy. and i found myself being hounded by MORE peddlers there than at sosua beach, especially when sitting down trying to enjoy a meal.

the walk is NOT far at all to the other end of pedro clisante.

if you are only going down there once or twice a day, its not cost effective to rent a car. motos are 25 peso by day, 50 peso by night.

now, if you are staying down there, and coming back and forth to the strip several times a day, then i can see the savings. same as when i was at tradewinds condos. i hated the walk, and as many times a day as i came and went, a car would have done me good.

but, for anyone staying at seabreee, rockys, ng, etc.. or not planning to leave sosua.. ehh, that money is better spent elsewhere.

of course, i have a different view because i have alreayd stayed at pop/cofresi for a week, and stayed at cabarete for a week, and have no desire to return. so, for now, sosua has all i desire, and no need to leave.

now.. the potential robberies... ya got me there :)

Mr. Smooth
04-28-2010, 05:25 AM
Nice to hear about another great option on the East End of Town where I prefer to hangout. Now I will have Coyote, Andys, Passions, Cuba Libre, and Big D's all within 3 blocks of where I like to stay.
Mike, you and I share some of the same likes. Since my first trip, I've always enjoyed that end of Clisante. Spent a lot of evening hours over the last few years hanging out there. Music is at a decent level where you can socialize without screaming to be heard. Prices are very reasonable for food and drink. The walk down there has never bothered me at all. The chicas more or less are tranquillo and not nearly so hardcore as so many can be in the central area where all the shit is.

I'll be staying at the Palms in June. I'll be able to walk over there in just a few minutes. Anxious to try Big D's buffet then. You know that shits gonna be good!

rushdog34
04-28-2010, 09:41 AM
i never made it down there not because it was too far i just never felt i had a reason to... i like walking.. kind of appreciate the walks simply because im on vacation no rush to get anywhere ill just get there when i get there and stop where ever i please to... and like naptime stated i stay pretty local anyway....i did intend on seeing cabarete simply because i never been but that would be only 1 trip...

Just my 2cents but Fuck Walk, Fuck Moto violence, robberies from both and all that crap increasing.

Rent a car for God's Sake if you have a Drivers License, (Sorry not directed at you RD) in general. $20-25 a day for a cheap car and no more taxi fees and moto fees and potential robberies.

Want to go to Cabarete to the nice beach for the day DO IT with AC.

We pay thousands for a trip what is another couple hundred for a couple weeks to have a car and be able to get more women for less by offering a ride.

MrHappy
04-28-2010, 10:25 AM

everything is so close in sosua, no need for a car. imo a car rental would be wasted money. (if you dont plan on leaving sosua)

i absolutely despise the beach in cabarete. i honestly dont see how anyone coudl refer to that as a "nice beach" unless you are a kite boarder. too windy. and i found myself being hounded by MORE peddlers there than at sosua beach, especially when sitting down trying to enjoy a meal.

if you are only going down there once or twice a day, its not cost effective to rent a car. motos are 25 peso by day, 50 peso by night.

now, if you are staying down there, and coming back and forth to the strip several times a day, then i can see the savings. same as when i was at tradewinds condos. i hated the walk, and as many times a day as i came and went, a car would have done me good.

but, for anyone staying at seabreee, rockys, ng, etc.. or not planning to leave sosua.. ehh, that money is better spent elsewhere.

of course, i have a different view because i have alreayd stayed at pop/cofresi for a week, and stayed at cabarete for a week, and have no desire to return. so, for now, sosua has all i desire, and no need to leave.

This is an interesting comparison.

I would guess that guys that grow up in cities, and are used to using public transportation, would usually consider renting a car to be a waste of money.

Guys like Mike and myself, have grown up in an environment where having a vehicle is a no brainer; you always have one at your disposal.

City folks are also used to someone driving them around, whereas the rest of us are used to doing the driving ourselves.

I've never gone anywhere and not had a car. Hell, the last time the ex other half and I went to Fantasy Fest, we rented a Caddie that sat in the hotel parking lot the entire week, except for a couple of times we ran around the part of KW that wasn't closed off.

naptime
04-28-2010, 10:41 AM

I would guess that guys that grow up in cities, and are used to using public transportation, would usually consider renting a car to be a waste of money.

Guys like Mike and myself, have grown up in an environment where having a vehicle is a no brainer; you always have one at your disposal.

City folks are also used to someone driving them around, whereas the rest of us are used to doing the driving ourselves.

I've never gone anywhere and not had a car. Hell, the last time the ex other half and I went to Fantasy Fest, we rented a Caddie that sat in the hotel parking lot the entire week, except for a couple of times we ran around the part of KW that wasn't closed off.

while i am from the city, i dont think i have ever taken a bus or taxi here at home. .. i take that back.. i took a taxi once when my car broke down lol.

i'm used to driving everywhere. so much so, that i hate beign a passenger in someone elses car.

our first two trips, we rented cars. in cofresi we rented a van since we had the whole family, 5 adults, and 1 kid and a teenager. in cabarette we had the same five adults, 2 kids, and two teens, so we rented two cars. and we used them for sure.

but in sosua... ehh.. maybe its because i do always drive everywhere, either in my car, on my bike, or on my scooter, i find it a refreshing change to walk everywhere for a week or two. its a vacation from the norm. hell, i never wear button up hawaiin shirts at home either... or swimming shorts, or sandals .. etc.. you get my drift.

but, again, its because i enjoy the walk down pedro, but only went down there to go to passions, and to cuba libra. otherwise i am always up near the gauntlet or the beach, in which case i wouldnt even want a scooter, as i wouldnt use it.

mikelodge
04-28-2010, 11:42 AM

Too me it isn't just the robberies but the convenience. I go to Cabarete and Puerto Plata each at least twice per week not because they are better than Sosua but because I like variety and trying a new restaurant or bar.

One other thing to point out is that the taxi to and from the airport cost pays for about 3 days of the rental car. So on a one week visit that is close to half.

My biggest thing is if I am sitting at the pool or in my apartment and think of something I want that maybe the colmado Zoilos sp on PC by Coyote doesn't have or I am going to buy several things then I can save money and time by driving to Playero on the Highway.

Plus then I don't have to carry all the beverages down a street in the humid hot weather.

For many staying most of their trip on DR Rosen and only going to the beach I understand but I find it refreshing to get over to the Malecon in POP for a late afternoon bite to eat or drinks and maybe find a girl in a store over there or at least have fun trying.

My situation is different too because I know a couple of people in POP to get together with and have a friends villa out on the way to Cabarete that I go out and stay at sometimes so the car really helps.

I like a road trip to some of the other areas like Samana once in awhile. I guess I am just a wanderer.

mikelodge
04-28-2010, 11:47 AM
Mike, you and I share some of the same likes. Since my first trip, I've always enjoyed that end of Clisante. Spent a lot of evening hours over the last few years hanging out there. Music is at a decent level where you can socialize without screaming to be heard. Prices are very reasonable for food and drink. The walk down there has never bothered me at all. The chicas more or less are tranquillo and not nearly so hardcore as so many can be in the central area where all the shit is.

I'll be staying at the Palms in June. I'll be able to walk over there in just a few minutes. Anxious to try Big D's buffet then. You know that shits gonna be good!

I agree the whole area is more tranquillo and I like that especially when I want to relax with some food and drinks.

I sure hope Big D does well there and I will definitely be a regular. The other local businesses will benefit greatly if he is sucessful. More exposure for El Toro and Freddies bar business sure won't be hurt by it.

He has been trying to sell that for quite awhile maybe this will affect that.

mikelodge
04-28-2010, 11:57 AM
while i am from the city, i dont think i have ever taken a bus or taxi here at home. .. i take that back.. i took a taxi once when my car broke down lol.

i'm used to driving everywhere. so much so, that i hate beign a passenger in someone elses car.

our first two trips, we rented cars. in cofresi we rented a van since we had the whole family, 5 adults, and 1 kid and a teenager. in cabarette we had the same five adults, 2 kids, and two teens, so we rented two cars. and we used them for sure.

but in sosua... ehh.. maybe its because i do always drive everywhere, either in my car, on my bike, or on my scooter, i find it a refreshing change to walk everywhere for a week or two. its a vacation from the norm. hell, i never wear button up hawaiin shirts at home either... or swimming shorts, or sandals .. etc.. you get my drift.

but, again, its because i enjoy the walk down pedro, but only went down there to go to passions, and to cuba libra. otherwise i am always up near the gauntlet or the beach, in which case i wouldnt even want a scooter, as i wouldnt use it.

That is funny since alot of my friends and I where shorts (not swim shorts) and button up Tommy Bahama type shirts and sneakers most days in the summer with an occasional Polo shirt mixed in. The rest of the time it is fishing clothes.

This would be only in the warm months of course with the exception of when we ride the bikes then I prefer jeans and boots.

These days I only break out the ties for Funerals. :lol:

Mr Hillbilly
04-28-2010, 01:19 PM
About the car rental thing if person is on a budget and things are tight and they are happy spending all their time at New Garden the beach and Passions then thats fine and dandy.
But when you start traveling to Santiago in your car when its raining and miserable in Sosua and venturing to Puerto Plata discos and Malecon the DR OPENS UP A LITTLE MORE .

Too many times to count a cab driver has fucked things up for me either in the DR or Colombia getting lost bad AC in the car or just scamming me.I would rather drive myself .

yayow
04-28-2010, 03:06 PM
This is good news, always great when a new place opens up, and the crew at El Colibri, Steve etc. are doing their best to attract people down to the east end of town, put that along with what Fred is trying to do at his place Cuba Libre, and just two blocks from Passions you got a winning combination in my opinion.

Once the chicas hear that more of the gringos with money are hanging out more on the east end of town, they will follow. In my opinion, itīs all good, I wish him well.

mikelodge
04-28-2010, 03:14 PM
This is good news, always great when a new place opens up, and the crew at El Colibri, Steve etc. are doing their best to attract people down to the east end of town, put that along with what Fred is trying to do at his place Cuba Libre, and just two blocks from Passions you got a winning combination in my opinion.

Once the chicas hear that more of the gringos with money are hanging out more on the east end of town, they will follow. In my opinion, itīs all good, I wish him well.

Welcome back I missed you and I am sure I am not alone. Do you care to share what super hottie had you tied up so long or something else. :D

DMV
04-28-2010, 03:50 PM

Gonna have to change your name to Big Money Grip.:D

gdogg
04-28-2010, 04:37 PM
Update from Big D!!

...Nothing changes with Big D's place on the beach I will continue to open on the beach Tuesday thru Sunday 11Am to 5 or til the food is gone.

Sabor the new location will open daily from 8am til 11pm. The kitchen close at 10. Sabor will serve up menu items and an all you can eat buffet starting with a Contintental breakfast buffet followed by a lunch and dinner buffet which will include Big D's BBQ and other fresh dishes daily like pasta, seafood, salads, and much more. The location is beautiful and the service, food, and prices are all great. I have partnered with Steven Hotel El Colbri's owner but make no mistake about the restaurant and bar is all my vision from the quality of the food, service and ambience. I will be at Sabor daily cooking, training the staff and meeting the guest. I want Sabor to be the kind of place guest or friends can come hang out morning noon and night rather at the pool, bar or grabing a meal from the restaurant or a drink from the bar. There is wireless internet and flatscreen satelite TV.
:ilike:

mikelodge
04-28-2010, 04:54 PM
Update from Big D!!

...Nothing changes with Big D's place on the beach I will continue to open on the beach Tuesday thru Sunday 11Am to 5 or til the food is gone.

Sabor the new location will open daily from 8am til 11pm. The kitchen close at 10. Sabor will serve up menu items and an all you can eat buffet starting with a Contintental breakfast buffet followed by a lunch and dinner buffet which will include Big D's BBQ and other fresh dishes daily like pasta, seafood, salads, and much more. The location is beautiful and the service, food, and prices are all great. I have partnered with Steven Hotel El Colbri's owner but make no mistake about the restaurant and bar is all my vision from the quality of the food, service and ambience. I will be at Sabor daily cooking, training the staff and meeting the guest. I want Sabor to be the kind of place guest or friends can come hang out morning noon and night rather at the pool, bar or grabing a meal from the restaurant or a drink from the bar. There is wireless internet and flatscreen satelite TV.
:ilike:

Did you get any info on prices? Oh an yes that was a cute picture of ya with the fishing kid :biggrin:

mho
04-28-2010, 08:31 PM
I have always liked that end of P.Clisante. I look forward to spending even more time down there in 3 weeks.

afroski
04-29-2010, 06:47 AM
Too me it isn't just the robberies but the convenience. I go to Cabarete and Puerto Plata each at least twice per week not because they are better than Sosua but because I like variety and trying a new restaurant or bar.

One other thing to point out is that the taxi to and from the airport cost pays for about 3 days of the rental car. So on a one week visit that is close to half.

My biggest thing is if I am sitting at the pool or in my apartment and think of something I want that maybe the colmado Zoilos sp on PC by Coyote doesn't have or I am going to buy several things then I can save money and time by driving to Playero on the Highway.

Plus then I don't have to carry all the beverages down a street in the humid hot weather.

For many staying most of their trip on DR Rosen and only going to the beach I understand but I find it refreshing to get over to the Malecon in POP for a late afternoon bite to eat or drinks and maybe find a girl in a store over there or at least have fun trying.

My situation is different too because I know a couple of people in POP to get together with and have a friends villa out on the way to Cabarete that I go out and stay at sometimes so the car really helps.

I like a road trip to some of the other areas like Samana once in awhile. I guess I am just a wanderer.

I couldn't agree with you more Mike. I do the exact same thing when I'm down in Sosua. I was staying in Sosua in November for 6 days and only spent one night actually hanging out in Sosua. Hanging out over at Tam Tam on the Malecon in POP or the beach at night in Cabarete. Plus theres the casino/night club over at Ocean World and the couple of casinos and bars in Playa Dorado and the beach night clubs in Cabarete. I even took a drive over to Luperon for a day. Having a rental in the DR to me is a must have. You'd be surprised to the amount of pussy opportunities that are waiting you out there. As long as you stay low-key, act civil and when you meet people smile and say hello, you'll have a very good time in the DR.

MikeLodge, you mentioned Samana, how is that place? I'll be in Sosua for 10 days next month and was thinking about going over there for a couple of days.

mikelodge
04-29-2010, 11:43 AM
I couldn't agree with you more Mike. I do the exact same thing when I'm down in Sosua. I was staying in Sosua in November for 6 days and only spent one night actually hanging out in Sosua. Hanging out over at Tam Tam on the Malecon in POP or the beach at night in Cabarete. Plus theres the casino/night club over at Ocean World and the couple of casinos and bars in Playa Dorado and the beach night clubs in Cabarete. I even took a drive over to Luperon for a day. Having a rental in the DR to me is a must have. You'd be surprised to the amount of pussy opportunities that are waiting you out there. As long as you stay low-key, act civil and when you meet people smile and say hello, you'll have a very good time in the DR.

MikeLodge, you mentioned Samana, how is that place? I'll be in Sosua for 10 days next month and was thinking about going over there for a couple of days.

Beautiful drive and then you can go over the mountains to Los Terrenas which is really getting built up. Some nice beaches out in Samana area.

http://www.caribbeancruiselinedestinations.com/images/samana.jpg

afroski
04-29-2010, 12:25 PM
Beautiful drive and then you can go over the mountains to Los Terrenas which is really getting built up. Some nice beaches out in Samana area.

Click to see pic (http://www.caribbeancruiselinedestinations.com/images/samana.jpg)

Since I only have a couple of days to hang out over there should I go to Samana city or Los Terrenas? Which is better mongering?

Trib
04-29-2010, 12:53 PM

My thoughts exactly!!! More chances for places to get creative (like Fred and Peter or even a bj only place) with offerings and more competition for my money.

mikelodge
04-29-2010, 05:13 PM
Since I only have a couple of days to hang out over there should I go to Samana city or Los Terrenas? Which is better mongering?

I never mongored in Los Terranas but did meet a couple local girls in Samana but the language barrier prevented any furthur action.

tonymd
04-29-2010, 08:43 PM

I don't see how a car would benefit you in Sosua. You would miss out on all of the interaction with the chicas as you do your stroll. A car is not needed in Sosua, during a week or two vacation, a total waste of money. I am only referencing Sosua, for the more experienced, and comfortable with the local driving habits, a car would be beneficial to expand your horizon.

balcoach
04-29-2010, 09:19 PM
A car in sosua is worthless, but once the newness and excitement of sosua wears off, the DR, and even on a smaller scale, puerto plata and the north coast are such a great place to discover and explore, you can have a great experience with some mobility.

To each is own!!!

DCIronman
04-29-2010, 11:53 PM
We always rent cars/scooters in the DR. Not only do they expand your mongering opportunities, but transpo is a necessity since we always stay in villas or condos that are not really within walking distance of the strip.

Everyone does it differently. Some like to spend their entire vacation in and around Pedro Clisante. Well, that's a wasted trip for me and my wingmen. Said it many times, and I'll say it many more. The DR is much bigger than P. Clisante. Hell, Sosua is much bigger. There are mongering opportunities all over the place.

mikelodge
04-30-2010, 12:08 AM
I don't see how a car would benefit you in Sosua. You would miss out on all of the interaction with the chicas as you do your stroll. A car is not needed in Sosua, during a week or two vacation, a total waste of money. I am only referencing Sosua, for the more experienced, and comfortable with the local driving habits, a car would be beneficial to expand your horizon.

I disagree sir, I can have more interaction at street corners with girls waiting for a ride ALL OVER like up in the hills to Mulatta and above Hispaniola or in Charmicos to go get some fresh fish for my hotel guy to cook ect. ect.

It bring freedom and you can choose to use it or not but the cost is minimal compared to the whole package and in my opinion a must. I have gotten girls in the rain for a bargain price and a ride and truthfully a great experience since they think you care and maybe I do.

About a good BBBJ in the car up in the hills with a relaxing drink and xxxxx. :biggrin:

mikelodge
04-30-2010, 12:16 AM
We always rent cars/scooters in the DR. Not only do they expand your mongering opportunities, but transpo is a necessity since we always stay in villas or condos that are not really within walking distance of the strip.

Everyone does it differently. Some like to spend their entire vacation in and around Pedro Clisante. Well, that's a wasted trip for me and my wingmen. Said it many times, and I'll say it many more. The DR is much bigger than P. Clisante. Hell, Sosua is much bigger. There are mongering opportunities all over the place.

DC I agree with you and this has been discussed in other threads even recently where Happy and I were trying to tell a guy you have more options than your 6 block map.

To each his own but it isn't very costly to have a car and if you are on a budget you could get a small ecobox clown car. Even one time when I got stuck with one at Avis it beat cabs and motos.

If I am in the mood to go up to Chiles for a nice Thai meal in Mulatta I can invite can drive up with friends and do that. It is like the taste of victory sometimes whether it be there or to Ocean World or Maimon for seafood or Cabarete or beyond for a change of pace.

Life is short and for some will cover very little offered in the world. You have to start somewhere and a car would seem to be a logical and reasonable start.

I have been driving in foreign countries since 2 years after I got my license and don't intend to stop until I have to.

JD426
04-30-2010, 12:18 AM

About a good BBBJ in the car up in the hills with a relaxing drink and xxxxx. :biggrin:

Now THERE is a GREAT IDEA.. Or maybe even ficky ficky in the front seat with her back against the steering wheel while sipping on a cold beer, parked in some nice spot with an Ocean VIEW. ??!!.. . Where in the US can you possibly still do that today, and not worry about the freakin cops and having your name in the papers ...
" I was just having a quick Fuck and enjoying a nice cold beer officer."
lol

mikelodge
04-30-2010, 12:56 AM
Now THERE is a GREAT IDEA.. Or maybe even ficky ficky in the front seat with her back against the steering wheel while sipping on a cold beer, parked in some nice spot with an Ocean VIEW. ??!!.. . Where in the US can you possibly still do that today, and not worry about the freakin cops and having your name in the papers ...
" I was just having a quick Fuck and enjoying a nice cold beer officer."
lol

I could post some ficky pics of that but suffice with the following since I can only search so long before I need to leave the room :lol:

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/160414bba5686ae329.jpg

Up at Mulatta not Ocean view but facing that way. Great place to relax just up by Chiles.

And the trip isn't complete w/o a visit to the cows like that movie Men that Stare at Goats.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/160414bba5685282f3.jpg

Take some of this up there

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/160414bb96b8e939f9.jpg

mikelodge
05-26-2010, 08:24 PM
This Saturday, May 1st! Sounds like it should be a blast...especially if Starbury shows. if you're in town, check it out!

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/34444bd619b17983c.jpg)

So what happened didn't he have the BBQ or what was Jack talking about not enough food?

joeysterr
05-26-2010, 09:50 PM
Btw, if that new spot is the one by hotel Colibri, a few days ago Big D's was telling me and hwyrider37 that this place will not work out. He said he was trying to open another spot so people can eat because at night he's closed and the demand for his delicious meals is high. First tried next to club X and said that he didn't really like being there at night like that.

One thing for sure he said that he will never leave the beach.
BIG D'S ON THE BEACH!

mikelodge
05-26-2010, 11:55 PM
Btw, if that new spot is the one by hotel Colibri, a few days ago Big D's was telling me and hwyrider37 that this place will not work out. He said he was trying to open another spot so people can eat because at night he's closed and the demand for his delicious meals is high. First tried next to club X and said that he didn't really like being there at night like that.

One thing for sure he said that he will never leave the beach.
BIG D'S ON THE BEACH!

No News on what Jacknback posted that he advertised the all u can eat BBQ at Colibri for the grand opening and then didn't have it after people came down or did he or I get it wrong cuz I don't want to misspeak.

joeysterr
05-26-2010, 11:58 PM
No News on what Jacknback posted that he advertised the all u can eat BBQ at Colibri for the grand opening and then didn't have it after people came down or did he or I get it wrong cuz I don't want to misspeak.

Tonight was my first time reading this thread, I've only read everything that was after my post, can't help you there.

NJ_Hobby
05-27-2010, 12:58 PM
Monique - who runs Colibri - told me in an Email that Big D was at the Colibri restaurant for a bit - but it was just too much with the beach business as well.

Sorry if this is old or outdated news. This is a long thread to get through ...

-NJH

Jimbo44
05-27-2010, 02:56 PM
Actually I always thought it was too far off the beaten path for most guys to walk too. We all went for the grand open and the fight night. Got there around 7:30, paid the 500 pesos..... got 1 drink free, and the buffet was OK. I stayed for about an hr, but knew the fight would not come on till hrs later, and most likely would be on in the clubs, which it was!!!

jacknback
05-27-2010, 08:00 PM
Mikelodge...I just know one thing.I paid 1000 pesos for me and the girl and I had 2 small pcs of something that was supposed to be ribs and a spoon of rice.,The lady had no ribs(there wasn't any and none coming out cause we went and asked the kitchen) and aspoonful of rice.Everyone else may have been completly happy,depending on how many beers they had in them but I'm not everyone else and it sucked.

naptime
05-27-2010, 09:28 PM
Mikelodge...I just know one thing.I paid 1000 pesos for me and the girl and I had 2 small pcs of something that was supposed to be ribs and a spoon of rice.,The lady had no ribs(there wasn't any and none coming out cause we went and asked the kitchen) and aspoonful of rice.Everyone else may have been completly happy,depending on how many beers they had in them but I'm not everyone else and it sucked.

yeah i wasnt sure what happened there.. i didnt get anything but rice.. (it was good rice though !)

i dont know if he just had more poeple show up that he was hoping for and got overwhelmed and couldnt keep up.

not sure.. but it was dissapointing...

i was happy for derrick, and i love the guy dearly, will continue to support his beach stall, but cant see myself going into sabor... but looks like i wont have that issue now anyway.