PDA

View Full Version : El Flow - part of the current problem?

WickedWillie
04-27-2010, 12:02 PM
Following on from a couple of threads where guys have had issues in town, it seems to me that there has been increase in such problems on the streets ever since El Flow opened up nearly 2 years ago.

There was no bar, that I can recall, in central Sosua that catered for the tigre/chopo crowd like El Flow does. It is a magnet for every hustler/chulo/pimp/gangsta wannabee from the surrounding barrios.

Before El Flow opened up these guys would be hanging at their local colmado's in the barrios and doing their macho attitude shit amongst themselves without any, or little, interference to any gringo resident or tourist.

It is inevitable that such diverse groups will clash from time to time, especially with the current economic climate.

In the few times I have been drinking there, I have never felt comfortable although I have never had any incident.

As you can tell I am not a huge fan of this place, in fact, I would rather go pretty much anywhere else in Sosua than there.

continentalmike
04-27-2010, 12:05 PM
Been htere a few times, never had a problem there.. just act cool..

WickedWillie
04-27-2010, 12:20 PM
Been htere a few times, never had a problem there.. just act cool..

Yes I've been there a few times and never had a problem.

My point is that El Flow has attracted the scumbags from the barrios into Sosua tourist central, and mixed with booze I see that as a problem.

continentalmike
04-27-2010, 12:23 PM
true dat.... however the place is there.. what can you do about it?

I guess that after a few tigueres have been shot they´ll close the place down. If not then the place will continue to be open. I like it there but have never been there very, very late...

Passport Playa
04-27-2010, 12:30 PM

I guess that after a few tigueres have been shot they´ll close the place down. If not then the place will continue to be open. I like it there but have never been there very, very late...

Looks like I will be "chillin" @ Rhumba.

The Mac Man

WickedWillie
04-27-2010, 12:34 PM

Agreed, absolutely nothing.

There was a shooting there a while back.

Anyone know of any other bar in Sosua where gunfire has taken place?

WSJ3
04-27-2010, 12:49 PM
I respectfully disagree sir.

The bar is not the problem...its the bad economy. If people were NOT suffering so badly...drugs and gang violence would not be so rampant.

Once the government starts to make some fucking changes then you will see less crime and more people just enjoying themselves.

I for one have never had a problem at this location...knock on wood.

Following on from a couple of threads where guys have had issues in town, it seems to me that there has been increase in such problems on the streets ever since El Flow opened up nearly 2 years ago.

There was no bar, that I can recall, in central Sosua that catered for the tigre/chopo crowd like El Flow does. It is a magnet for every hustler/chulo/pimp/gangsta wannabee from the surrounding barrios.

Before El Flow opened up these guys would be hanging at their local colmado's in the barrios and doing their macho attitude shit amongst themselves without any, or little, interference to any gringo resident or tourist.

It is inevitable that such diverse groups will clash from time to time, especially with the current economic climate.

In the few times I have been drinking there, I have never felt comfortable although I have never had any incident.

As you can tell I am not a huge fan of this place, in fact, I would rather go pretty much anywhere else in Sosua than there.

LJDMV
04-27-2010, 01:34 PM
Have things gotten any worse in the past 45 days since I was there. I did not see things as being that bad while I was there in March. I say if you follow the suggestions of members here that have gone before , don't start any trouble, don't get too pissy drunk that u can't function well u should be able to enjoy yourself. With the last couple days of posting I have seen it is starting to scare away some of the new guys from going there. I felt comfortable and safe in sosua in March.

DCIronman
04-27-2010, 01:47 PM
In my experience, El Flow is good from about noon til around 6pm. And I only drink (and pick up chicas) there during that time frame. After that, the knuckleheads start arriving, and I see no reason to hang out there then.

But overall, I see El Flow as a positive addition to Pedro Clisante. And it's definitely not the only venue on the strip that has seen problems with thuggery. Have you been to Classicos lately? The only difference between the two is that the shenanigans at El Flow seem to always be initiated by locals. Whereas, drunken tourist mongers are the perpetrators elsewhere.

But what are you going to do? Shut down El Flow and tell the locals to hang out elsewhere? C'mon man, seriously? You gonna tell them where they can hang out in their own country? Trust me, there's absolutely nothing you can do about it but avoid the place if you really feel it to be that dangerous. Or don't hang out there later than 6 or 7 o'clock.

Like I said, I personally like El Flow. I've pulled a lot of quality ST outta that place. As well as drinking quite a few cheap Presidentes there. But I'm smart enough to drink elsewhere when the knuckleheads show up.

naptime
04-27-2010, 01:59 PM
i do NOT like el flow at night. not at all.

but, during the daytime, i found it a great place to post up and enjoy a few cheap drinks while talking with chicas, and other isoc'ers.

but i dont like the place at night.. more accurately, i dont like the majority of the attitude that sits out front at night.

i hate passing through when going from latinos to rockys.

but, ive never had any problems either.

husl2001
04-27-2010, 04:00 PM
In my experience, El Flow is good from about noon til around 6pm. And I only drink (and pick up chicas) there during that time frame. After that, the knuckleheads start arriving, and I see no reason to hang out there then.

But overall, I see El Flow as a positive addition to Pedro Clisante. And it's definitely not the only venue on the strip that has seen problems with thuggery. Have you been to Classicos lately? The only difference between the two is that the shenanigans at El Flow seem to always be initiated by locals. Whereas, drunken tourist mongers are the perpetrators elsewhere.

But what are you going to do? Shut down El Flow and tell the locals to hang out elsewhere? C'mon man, seriously? You gonna tell them where they can hang out in their own country? Trust me, there's absolutely nothing you can do about it but avoid the place if you really feel it to be that dangerous. Or don't hang out there later than 6 or 7 o'clock.

Like I said, I personally like El Flow. I've pulled a lot of quality ST outta that place. As well as drinking quite a few cheap Presidentes there. But I'm smart enough to drink elsewhere when the knuckleheads show up.

Willie's a Brit, DCI. They have absolutely no problems telling people in other countries what to do (or did you miss Gandhi?)

JK, count to ten before you respond, Weyland...:p:p:p

Seriously, though, happiness is finding a few of the dozens of spots out there that work for you - and avoiding the ones that don't. It's like traveling anywhere else in the world.
I don't drink a lot, but when I do, it's nice to have a villa balcony with a spectacular ocean view. When it's about being around people, El Flow before 6, Passion at all hours, Cabarete beach at dusk/after 10, and in front of Big D's during the afternoons works really well.

But it's easy to get spoiled, as I have exceptional wingmen who pull exceptional chicas so our "movable crowd" is always a good one. Any place is good to have a drink - the key really is the company you keep.

givengo440
04-27-2010, 04:01 PM
I've partied in Flows till the place has closed down and even gona back as it closed to pick up and meet a few chicas. The only problem I saw wa the fag commitee but as far as dudes I am no vick so I don't give off the soft sucka come get me I am a target vibe. I like flow from the music to the NYC club atmosphere (lets be honest) but like previously said don't get overly drunk and become a victim. Rhumba is a nice spot too but I will frequent both.

TONYTNT40
04-27-2010, 04:01 PM
El Flow is a powder keg, too many idiots with guns hang out there,security included. I was there last year trying to have a drink, when 2 chica's started fighting. That shouldnt be a problem because chica's fight all the time, but some guys got involved, and security pulled out his gun and waved it in the air, it seemed like every guy in the bar grabbed his gun, by that time I was sitting in Rockies, trying to avoid stray gun fire. How does a chica fight end up with gun play? I havent been to El Flow since. i never felt comfortable there anyway, I notice the looks the Dominicans give gringos.

weyland
04-27-2010, 04:11 PM
Willie's a Brit, DCI. They have absolutely no problems telling people what to do in their own country (or did you miss Gandhi?)

JK, count to ten before you respond, Weyland...:p:p:p
You are right on all counts, but things have changed since Gandhi's day.

I don't see the problem with El Flow but I would like to dynamite that even noisier new bar opposite. If you don't like El Flow, don't go in there. Your chances of being shot or knifed just walking past and minding your own business are less than being struck by lightning.

gmalet
04-27-2010, 04:48 PM
I don't like El Flow. Too loud for me and too crammed.

I like chillin at Classicos downstairs or Sosua Life bar. The same chicas go back and forth from bar to bar. So eventually I see them all.

mikelodge
04-27-2010, 04:48 PM

I have been there several times without incident also but can sure see it that it could happen there. I have observed several guys packing there sitting with friends and hitting a bottle hard.

It only could take one accidental bump into somebody or a stare at the wrong guy or girl.

My biggest complaint and the reason I rarely go there is the music is just Too Damn Loud. I only stop when a couple girls catch my eye that I may want to stalk for a few minutes over a beer.

mikelodge
04-27-2010, 04:53 PM
Agreed, absolutely nothing.

There was a shooting there a while back.

Anyone know of any other bar in Sosua where gunfire has taken place?

No but it got pretty scary for a short time at Seacrets when some Russian guys allegedly special forces started a brawl and the bottles and fists were flying with a few Knockouts before the cops did a good job and stopped it all.

weyland
04-27-2010, 04:55 PM
... the music is just Too Damn Loud.
In common with 90% of Dominican joints. But it is a mellow murmur compared with the new bar opposite, the sanky panky hangout. That one could bring the earthquake forecast for the area forward by a few hundred years.

weyland
04-27-2010, 04:57 PM
... when some Russian guys allegedly special forces started a brawl.
They didn't start it, they were minding their own business. But they sure finished it quick. It was all over by the time the cops arrived.

mikelodge
04-27-2010, 05:10 PM
In common with 90% of Dominican joints. But it is a mellow murmur compared with the new bar opposite, the sanky panky hangout. That one could bring the earthquake forecast for the area forward by a few hundred years.

If I have to yell to talk to someone a foot away it is too loud in my opinion.
At least a rock concerts they pause in between songs a little instead of nonstop noise like El Flow. Sosua needs a country bar :lol::p

Beads
04-27-2010, 06:55 PM
El Flow is a powder keg, too many idiots with guns hang out there,security included. I was there last year trying to have a drink, when 2 chica's started fighting. That shouldnt be a problem because chica's fight all the time, but some guys got involved, and security pulled out his gun and waved it in the air, it seemed like every guy in the bar grabbed his gun, by that time I was sitting in Rockies, trying to avoid stray gun fire. How does a chica fight end up with gun play? I havent been to El Flow since. i never felt comfortable there anyway, I notice the looks the Dominicans give gringos.

That seems to me to be the major problem. Places like Classicos inspect everyone for guns and dont let you in with one. They have a big box at the bottom of the stairs to check your gun in. El Flow has nothing like that. The bar itself isnt the problem its the people coming to the bar that create the problem. Security needs to do a better job of policing the crowd and not letting people inside or even on the street in front with weapons or to cause problems. If they dont they will lose a lot of business eventually.

weyland
04-27-2010, 07:07 PM
Sosua needs a country bar.
Much as despise Dominicans and their society, they don't deserve that. No country in the world outside the USA deserves that.

ElPlomero
04-27-2010, 07:18 PM
Much as despise Dominicans and their society, they don't deserve that. No country in the world outside the USA deserves that.

Why Weyland... wouldn't you like to see the chicas in cowgirl hats, shorts up to their asses, and button down shirts tied around their tits?

psriches
04-27-2010, 07:33 PM
That seems to me to be the major problem. Places like Classicos inspect everyone for guns and dont let you in with one. They have a big box at the bottom of the stairs to check your gun in. El Flow has nothing like that. The bar itself isnt the problem its the people coming to the bar that create the problem. Security needs to do a better job of policing the crowd and not letting people inside or even on the street in front with weapons or to cause problems. If they dont they will lose a lot of business eventually.And this is the problem.

El Flow is not a bar at all. It's a Colmado!! Nothing more than a glorified Deli or Grocery store. So there's no way for El Flow to control a crowd of people standing around outside a Colmado. The Policia would have to get involved with crowd control on a public street, effectively killing business (no pun intended).

I knew El Flow wasn't the place for me when i passed by one trip and saw the 2 Hummers parked out front. Hummers on calle Pedro Clisante? :eek:

whatever
04-27-2010, 07:34 PM

Plenty of angry drunks to avoid in the country crowd. Personal
experience. I think there's a relationship between the amount
of starch in your Wrangler's and your attitude.

papi_sosua
04-27-2010, 07:51 PM
El Flow a deli?

I think I'll order the Reuben Sandwich next time I am in the area...or maybe get a banana or two and an apple.

And this is the problem.

El Flow is not a bar at all. It's a Colmado!! Nothing more than a glorified Deli or Grocery store. So there's no way for El Flow to control a crowd of people standing around outside a Colmado. The Policia would have to get involved with crowd control on a public street, effectively killing business (no pun intended).

I knew El Flow wasn't the place for me when i passed by one trip and saw the 2 Hummers parked out front. Hummers on calle Pedro Clisante? :eek:

weyland
04-27-2010, 08:00 PM
Why Weyland... wouldn't you like to see the chicas in cowgirl hats, shorts up to their asses, and button down shirts tied around their tits?
Not really, but they could keep their hat on.

Mr Hillbilly
04-27-2010, 08:20 PM
WEYLAND If I felt ambitious I would show you a few pics from Mangos in Medellin Maybe I said Maybe you would change your mind about a country bar .

mikelodge
04-28-2010, 12:21 AM

They have them in China and Japan and they are more educated in Japan on average than a bunch of gun packing moto fuck sticks.

mikelodge
04-28-2010, 12:28 AM

And short little Jean Shirts with some cowboy boots so that when they get drunk and have trouble walking in there boots they say Will you help me get my Boots Off?

Of Course Little Lady it'd be my pleasure park your little behind right here, I gottcha. :lol:

Some of the best little crotch shots (some without panties) and a few giggles to be had here. They like the safe older guys nobody fucks with.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/160414ac56ab0e2d4f.jpg

mikelodge
04-28-2010, 12:39 AM
And this is the problem.

Yah like that guy in the Black one that Used to go by LP doing 60mph until the new speed bumps went in. Dumb ass.

I could suggest 2 bouncers that with free booze and a signed Amnesty agreement from the Gov't would fuck the mix up in a weekend.

These 2 have more metals from Vietnam than most and one is a certified mental patient. That is a good clean up crew. Looks can be deceiving.

They do clean up but this is there hunting shack look. :rofl:

I wouldn't want them hunting me.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/160414ad534e117eb7.jpg

continentalmike
04-28-2010, 02:17 AM
Yah like that guy in the Black one that Used to go by LP doing 60mph until the new speed bumps went in. Dumb ass.

I could suggest 2 bouncers that with free booze and a signed Amnesty agreement from the Gov't would fuck the mix up in a weekend.

These 2 have more metals from Vietnam than most and one is a certified mental patient. That is a good clean up crew. Looks can be deceiving.

They do clean up but this is there hunting shack look. :rofl:

I wouldn't want them hunting me.

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/160414ad534e117eb7.jpg)

Which one is your daddy? JK....:corky::corky:

continentalmike
04-28-2010, 02:18 AM
On the EL FLow business...

The lower prices do allow people to drink more thus increasing their drunkeness...

bryan_sr
04-28-2010, 03:46 AM
Is this video near El Flow: Where is this ?

FDCUG16BJRo

slim

Mr. Smooth
04-28-2010, 04:50 AM
In the times I've been to Sosua since El Flow opened, it is one of my regular stops. Both alone or with others, I have generally had a pleasant time and fortunately no problems with fights, gunplay or drunken stupidity. I enjoy watching the chicas and occasionally buying one a drink and talk for a bit. But, like what was posted earlier, it's best to me in the late afternoon and early evening hours. After about 7pm, I've moved on, usually to Lou's.

That place will not close up as it makes too much money and as I understand, the mayor has an interest or partnership in it. While I was there with a bunch of ISOC'ers in March, everyday there were guys from the board hanging out and having a good time. As is the case with just about everywhere you go, keep a low profile, stay cool and don't get stupid drunk and things should be fine.

Mr Hillbilly
04-28-2010, 06:20 AM
I sit in Bermuda and watch some El Flow activity but your not going to change El Flow at all doesn't the Major of Sosua own El Flow or an I screwed up in the head?

Classicos seems to be where all the trouble happens and the beer bottles fights happen in front of Merengues plaza all time.My friends girlfriend got nailed by beer bottle last weekend in Classicos for what reason no idea she isnt a working girl but will find out tomarrow.

weyland
04-28-2010, 07:24 AM
doesn't the Major of Sosua own El Flow or an I screwed up in the head?
Yes, he does, but that doesn't mean you're not still screwed up in the head, you redneck!

Mr Hillbilly
04-28-2010, 08:10 AM
Is true and I am coming to your place tomm at 4pm!

MrHappy
04-28-2010, 10:44 AM
My opinion is that El Flow is a great place to hang out until 7-8 at night.

After that, it's a crap shoot, just like hanging out anywhere else in this country where lots of cheap alcohol and numerous firearms are present. Like the man said, it's a powder keg. An incident waiting for the moment to happen.

Mix tigueres with drunk obnoxious tourists, and it's just a matter of time. Mark my words.

Once some idiot tourist ignites a situation with their 'ugly tourist' attitude, all tourists become one of 'them' if it gets ugly. Been there, done that.

Myself, I have no desire to become an innocent bystander victim. You wanna hang out with whores that want to be close to their chulo? Be my guest.

Anyone that thinks they are 'tuned in' to the crowd that hangs out there, and thus are OK as long as they act cool, are sadly mistaken.

continentalmike
04-28-2010, 11:03 AM
My opinion is that El Flow is a great place to hang out until 7-8 at night.

Myself, I have no desire to become an innocent bystander victim. You wanna hang out with whores that want to be close to their chulo? Be my guest.

Anyone that thinks they are 'tuned in' to the crowd that hangs out there, and thus are OK as long as they act cool, are sadly mistaken.

This is very true

One must understand that El Flow is a meeting point for those in the trade (drugs-wimmenz) and a such don´t welcome their clients there. They will tolerate them but never accept them...

So you´re welcome to come and buy but don´t think you can mix. The bad crowd will never see you as one of them, unless you really are one of them if you get my drift, then they might ´respect´you... most mongers don´t fall into that category.

LJDMV
04-28-2010, 11:14 AM
After hearing all this bad info about El flow I am glad I never really felt the need to hang at that spot at night. I did not spend 1 night there so I had no idea about all the bad trouble makers there at night. I guess I had good instinct to just always pass by and never stop in to eL flow at night.

TONYTNT40
04-28-2010, 11:51 AM
Once some idiot tourist ignites a situation with their 'ugly tourist' attitude, all tourists become one of 'them' if it gets ugly. Been there, done that.

I never had a problem at El Flow, but we are already one of them. I notice the looks the chico's give tourist, that why I am never comfortable there. I dont want to walk by that place at night, too crowded. Trying to walk down the street is like walking in Classico's

mikelodge
04-28-2010, 12:08 PM
Which one is your daddy? JK....:corky::corky:

Hey now, my family doesn't look like these guys. But they are good ole boys and this picture is intended to show how crappy some people can look sometimes after a night of hard drinking.

Imagine cleaned up and dressed riding a Harley and then they would look better.

I am probably the biggest bum in my family most of them spend more on clothes in a year then I do in 10. But I just don't care noone turns my money down. :D

I can say NOONE in my family would ever go in El Flow. Passions yes but nothing that noisy.

DMV
04-28-2010, 01:53 PM
El Flow is like any other spot in America that once was cool when it first opened but then the word gets out and the knuckleheads come and F' it up for everybody.

How many clubs you guys know that after it became the "SPOT" was shut down or had shootings/stabbings take place inside or right out side of the establishment.

When our watering hole turns dry/sour we find a new watering hole. That might be Rumba.

MrHappy
04-28-2010, 02:10 PM
El Flow is like any other spot in America that once was cool when it first opened but then the word gets out and the knuckleheads come and F' it up for everybody.

How many clubs you guys know that after it became the "SPOT" was shut down or had shootings/stabbings take place inside or right out side of the establishment.

When our watering hole turns dry/sour we find a new watering hole. That might be Rumba.

6 of one, half a dozen of the other.

mikelodge
04-28-2010, 02:22 PM

The casino is kind of a nice place to visit. What I would really like to see is a nice bar on the water like a Piergorgio/Waterfront type of place but with music and dancing until late under the stars. Like Valentinos in Mazatlan did years back or like Ricks in Negril.

husl2001
04-28-2010, 02:23 PM

Which is across the street, so it won't take long for folks to find it. That said, if the guy who runs El Flow also happens to be the guy who runs the province, odds are good it'll stay open for some time.

husl2001
04-28-2010, 04:33 PM
And short little Jean Shirts with some cowboy boots so that when they get drunk and have trouble walking in there boots they say Will you help me get my Boots Off?

Of Course Little Lady it'd be my pleasure park your little behind right here, I gottcha. :lol:

Some of the best little crotch shots (some without panties) and a few giggles to be had here. They like the safe older guys nobody fucks with.

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/160414ac56ab0e2d4f.jpg)

Actually, if she was Dominican, the shirt would read "Fuck Me" :eek::eek::eek:

And that's the one of the many reasons I don't bother with NA country & western gals.

eastcoastallstar
04-28-2010, 04:57 PM
I've partied in Flows till the place has closed down and even gona back as it closed to pick up and meet a few chicas. The only problem I saw wa the fag commitee but as far as dudes I am no vick so I don't give off the soft sucka come get me I am a target vibe. I like flow from the music to the NYC club atmosphere (lets be honest) but like previously said don't get overly drunk and become a victim. Rhumba is a nice spot too but I will frequent both.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Funny shit.

If your the type that gets intimidated easily, then your going to have problems everywhere you go, DR, NYC....let's not even discuss Meddy.

EL FLOW is a Dominican Bar for Locals.....If your a scary dude, There are plenty of fag ass AI's that cater to you.

mikelodge
04-28-2010, 05:02 PM
Actually, if she was Dominican, the shirt would read "Fuck Me" :eek::eek::eek:

And that's the one of the many reasons I don't bother with NA country & western gals.

One will fuck anything for money and maybe steal from you or cause all types of drama and problems. Or maybe just be a great time for money.

The other one will only fuck if she actually wants to or is given lavish gifts or you get her so drunk or loaded somehow she wants to fuck.

Either way it costs you money and you fuck and maybe get fucked. Just Geography and variety. I like both and 98 other types in between.

Maybe I should join EHarmony and find my true love someone said to me once. :rofl: I said I did and they told me to Fuck anyone that I want to and will let me.

jacknback
04-28-2010, 07:35 PM
e-harmony has salmon??:biggrin:

eastcoastallstar
04-28-2010, 07:49 PM
El Flow welcoming commitee

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/90744bd8c8fa82400.jpg

scared of these guys...Monger Pleeeease LMAO

officemgr
04-28-2010, 08:11 PM
some cats are afraid of their own shadow and as soon as someone gives them a hard look they put their head down and start acting nervous.

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/90744bd8c8fa82400.jpg)

mho
04-28-2010, 08:45 PM
On my first couple of trips, I walked past El Flow without even noticing the place. I would walk down Dr. Rosen, take a left and then it all seemed like a giant mass of chica flesh. Merengue Bar, Latino's, etc., it did not matter. All I was looking for was a chair so I could sit, nurse a beer and watch the endless parade of chicas.

mikelodge
04-28-2010, 11:28 PM
e-harmony has salmon??:biggrin:

They probably have some assorted variety of scents of a woman including but not limited to:

Salmon, carp, bear, bear shit, deer piss, goat, cow shit, cow in heat, and plain old B.O and rotten menstruation. Someone said once that her Petunia was Flowering. :eek:

For those that have no Idea what I am talking about it is about Jack's old Salmon joke that few probably remember.

At El Flow it would be more approprate to say those that smell like a $20 whore :rofl:

DMV
04-28-2010, 11:46 PM

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/90744bd8c8fa82400.jpg)

Hey that's my line:biggrin:

I've been in worst places than El Flow, but I'm on vacation. I have no time for a MF who has nothing to loose. I'm there for drinking and fucking. Fuck the Dumb Shit.

runmemphis
04-29-2010, 10:33 AM
I've been in worst places than El Flow, but I'm on vacation. I have no time for a MF who has nothing to loose. I'm there for drinking and fucking. Fuck the Dumb Shit.[/quote]

No shit!!! I'm right with ya!!!!

givengo440
04-29-2010, 10:48 AM

I've been in worst places than El Flow, but I'm on vacation. I have no time for a MF who has nothing to loose. I'm there for drinking and fucking. Fuck the Dumb Shit.

Phi I FEEL YOU!!! You and I both know that "Process" can be a whole lot worse then these dudes sitting here... SMH some dudes be scared of there own shadows.

Apos
04-29-2010, 01:45 PM
I enjoy El Flow, mostly in the afternoon, and was there last night. They have a Wednesday special on servicios....2 bottles of rum, a coke, ice, etc....for $200RD! Literally cheaper than you can buy elsewhere, like a supermarcado or liquor store and you get a table, chairs, chicas, atmosphere included....beat that!

I also like Rumba, when the music is lower, and it's much lower than opening week. The service is superior as is the facility but it's hard to beat being in the mix at El Flow.

I doubt that it's truly dangerous for most but if you're a target it's not the best place to hang out...but I never worry about it and have had zero issues, nor has anyone I know IIRC.

Do i think it should be located where it is? No but it's here to stay and has turned out to not be a big deal in the larger scheme of things.

.....and with that I'm off to the beach :D

JD426
04-29-2010, 07:52 PM
Lt. Colonel Bill Kilgore says:

"You smell that? Do you smell that? CHOCHA , son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of CHOCHA in the morning. You know, one time we fucked a whole Strip full of ‘em , for twelve hours straight we Fucked. When it was all over I walked up and down Pedro Clisante past El Flow . We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' Puta . The smell, you know that CHOCHA smell, the whole Street. Smelled like... victory. Someday … this Sosua Chocha Buffet is gonna end......"

Corrado
04-29-2010, 11:06 PM
I like El Flow, I drink there all the time. Good prices, good service. Never had a problem with the music being loud. The only problem I have with El Flow is the heat...... when everyone packs into that small area it feels like a sauna. Even on a nice cool night you will lose water by the pound if you post up there on a busy night.

mikelodge
04-29-2010, 11:35 PM
Lt. Colonel Bill Kilgore says:

"You smell that? Do you smell that? CHOCHA , son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of CHOCHA in the morning. You know, one time we fucked a whole Strip full of ‘em , for twelve hours straight we Fucked. When it was all over I walked up and down Pedro Clisante past El Flow . We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' Puta . The smell, you know that CHOCHA smell, the whole Street. Smelled like... victory. Someday … this Sosua Chocha Buffet is gonna end......"

And I like to surf and machine gun fights in the same morning only I prefer the smell of Rockos campfire to Napalm and that orange shit that killed my brother.

Smelly Chocha :eek:

JD426
04-29-2010, 11:44 PM
Mike, I think were getting Old, seems only a couple of us old farts remember most every line in that movie from when it was on the big screen.
LOL

mikelodge
04-29-2010, 11:55 PM
Mike, I think were getting Old, seems only a couple of us old farts remember most every line in that movie from when it was on the big screen.
LOL

What movie ? I thought I was hallucinating. 8 foot peaks and the "Air Cav Air Mobile my young Captain." We'll pick it up and set it right down in the mouth of the river for ya.

That Yellow bandana meant more than those stickers they put on cars today. :lol:

You are right we are getting old. I recently told my Mother who was talking about something in Chicago and a cousins husbands kids whatever that Mama I last saw her when she was 12 and can't even get a picture in my head.

It was 3 lifetimes ago and I am glad for all of them.

I pity the guy that gets out of High School and marries or shall we say settles for one of the small town girls or neighborhood girls in the case of the city and has 2.5 kids and later divorces and is miserable or is lucky enough to remain married. (but probably miserable) Then they someday sell there first or second house and move to assisted living and die.

2 years ago I tried to find my first house and got lost and had to go to Google maps. :rofl:

Imagine our Bucket list in hopefully 30 years at a ISOC Veteran Party :eek:

I hope it will be short.

stevereds
04-29-2010, 11:58 PM

hey Tony..

I have never been inside El Flow, only walk past it to get to Classico's..or leaving Clasico's and going up the street..I just walk past the blaring loud music. Not my sceene.
I am a gringo, not very big, and I have never notice anyone give me 'looks' ? maybe it's cos I am feeling a bit buzzed, or just not paying attention. Or just not giving a fuck. being from NYC. I kinda just do my own thing and not worry or even bother with whoever I am passing on the sidewalks.

SO I never have noticed any 'looks' they might have well given me some, but I didn;t pick up on it. Also I never went inside El FLow to have a drink etc. maybe it happens inside mor..the riff raff etc.

Gutter Meat
04-30-2010, 03:27 AM
Place to too small and too crowded ...not my cup of tea.

Ramair4
04-30-2010, 03:34 AM
LOL

YouTube- Apocalypse Now - smell of napalm

Mr. Smooth
04-30-2010, 04:16 AM
Robert Duval - one of the greatest actors ever! Even if he did call John Wayne's character, Rooster Cogburn, a "one-eyed fat man" in "True Grit."

MrHappy
04-30-2010, 07:34 AM
What movie ? I thought I was hallucinating. 8 foot peaks and the "Air Cav Air Mobile my young Captain." We'll pick it up and set it right down in the mouth of the river for ya.

That Yellow bandana meant more than those stickers they put on cars today. :lol:

You are right we are getting old. I recently told my Mother who was talking about something in Chicago and a cousins husbands kids whatever that Mama I last saw her when she was 12 and can't even get a picture in my head.

It was 3 lifetimes ago and I am glad for all of them.

I pity the guy that gets out of High School and marries or shall we say settles for one of the small town girls or neighborhood girls in the case of the city and has 2.5 kids and later divorces and is miserable or is lucky enough to remain married. (but probably miserable) Then they someday sell there first or second house and move to assisted living and die.

2 years ago I tried to find my first house and got lost and had to go to Google maps. :rofl:

Imagine our Bucket list in hopefully 30 years at a ISOC Veteran Party :eek:

I hope it will be short.

You don't have to pity them.... ignorance is bliss.

bryan_sr
04-30-2010, 07:56 AM

When I find myself at Walmart or even the ungodly local mall, I count my blessings as I see all these gents with there fatass wife and a boat load of crying brats! Or just the poor gents with wife in tow buying more crap to fill up their overpriced home....good god...

Slim

Jimmydr
04-30-2010, 07:59 AM

Times have changed.

Jimmydr
04-30-2010, 07:59 AM
You don't have to pity them.... ignorance is bliss.

But they realize what is going on. Some are members of these boards.

Jimmydr
04-30-2010, 08:00 AM
When I find myself at Walmart or even the ungodly local mall, I count my blessings as I see all these gents with there fatass wife and a boat load of crying brats! Or just the poor gents with wife in tow buying more crap to fill up their overpriced home....good god...

Slim

The population needs to grow and continue. I applaud these guys that are doing it for the team. Better them than us.

JD426
04-30-2010, 10:56 AM
Robert Duval - one of the greatest actors ever! Even if he did call John Wayne's character, Rooster Cogburn, a "one-eyed fat man" in "True Grit."

Duvals character "Lucky Ned Pepper" also said :
"Most girls like little play-pretties. But you like guns, don't you?"
:rofl:
Do you remember the part where Rooster literally fell off his horse as he was drinking a bottle of whiskey. Classic.:rofl:
me thinks this is all to deep for the young guys here, LOL

TONYTNT40
04-30-2010, 11:38 AM
hey Tony..

I have never been inside El Flow, only walk past it to get to Classico's..or leaving Clasico's and going up the street..I just walk past the blaring loud music. Not my sceene.
I am a gringo, not very big, and I have never notice anyone give me 'looks' ? maybe it's cos I am feeling a bit buzzed, or just not paying attention. Or just not giving a fuck. being from NYC. I kinda just do my own thing and not worry or even bother with whoever I am passing on the sidewalks.

SO I never have noticed any 'looks' they might have well given me some, but I didn;t pick up on it. Also I never went inside El FLow to have a drink etc. maybe it happens inside mor..the riff raff etc.

Steve, you wouldnt notice the looks, just walking by, you would have to sit there, to notice the scene. The place has gotten too crowded for me, plus the talent level has taken a steep decline, so I have found other bars to have a drink. You can find chica's anywhere, so you dont have to hang around El Flow to get one.

eastcoastallstar
04-30-2010, 11:40 AM

Imitation is the best form of flattery. :)

stevereds
04-30-2010, 02:39 PM
yeah I have never sat there or hunbg out inside etc,jut passed by..as it is not my scene. You can find a chica anywhere and every where...I agree

FritoBandito
04-30-2010, 08:44 PM
Thing I like about El Flow: cheapest drinks on Pedro Q. street after 8:00 p.m.

Things I dislike: too crowded, usually hard to find a place to sit down.

My take on El Flow: never had a problem there or felt too uncomfortable

Hey, the Dominican guys in Sosua need a place to hang out on Pedro Clisante (the vast majority of bars on P.Q., if not all, are trying to get the tourist dollar) and they probably want to hang out with other Dominicans, and not tourists, so more power to them...

I did notice the last time I was there in March that there were a few nights I went to XFlow disco, across from Classicos, and that I was the sole gringo in the house...seemed like most of the locals left El Flow at closing and went to XFlow...:eek:

SeaWeed
04-30-2010, 11:07 PM
I was there a lot last reach and the thing that bothered mi the most were the guys packing pistols in the place.......
mi hear that everyone has them in the DR but seeing dem can make one feel uncomfortable.....
chit.....if dem have them......mi wouldn't mind having one too....so at least protect myself.......lol

and mi been here in Negril, Jamaica for a almost two weeks and never seen one pistol on anyone.....dat mi like

Ram
05-01-2010, 12:19 AM
I was there a lot last reach and the thing that bothered mi the most were the guys packing pistols in the place.......
mi hear that everyone has them in the DR but seeing dem can make one feel uncomfortable.....
chit.....if dem have them......mi wouldn't mind having one too....so at least protect myself.......lol

and mi been here in Negril, Jamaica for a almost two weeks and never seen one pistol on anyone.....dat mi like

Come on Rocko. You know I love Jamaica and am a long time Negril guy. But, you should not lead people into thinking there are no guns in Negril. When I was going back 10 years ago, there were many guys I know for a fact that were packing. Things have changed since I was travelling there? Guys that are packing just hide it in Jamaica, in the DR it is cool to be seen with one. Don't fool yourself, everyone of the dealers there are either packing or their buddies nearby are. Jamaica is the place I saw my first machine gun. Negril is a safe place but like anywhere else, where drugs are involved, guns are involved. Realizing this makes you safer no matter where you travel.

SrSuerte
05-01-2010, 09:54 AM
El Flow also brings curious girls to the strip. This way they can't be called hoes by the girls that they look down on because they have a daytime job. Sosua bar gets a lot of those too. Go a little early and there is always a young sweet thing there at the bar looking halfway scared.