PDA

View Full Version : The CR or DR

soxfan
05-04-2010, 12:39 AM
Can't make up my mind. Since I've joined and read alot of trip reports. I find this board to really be a Dominican Addicts group. I've been to Thailand alot and been to Panama once. I love the NG or BB lay out. The pool and bar and girls right there. Plus I've been falged for not posting and just lurking. I have a16 day Dec. trip planed for the Philippines. So I'm looking for a 5 day fuck fest. DR girls look hotter for me. When I was in Panama the Columbian girls look and acted hard core. All sillicon and additude. I only went with the Panaman girls that I found to be a lot of fun. So CR cheaper air, hotel cost more. All evens out. I'm going to try to do this trip late June. Thanks. Now I've interacted.

Apos
05-04-2010, 12:53 AM
...what kind of socks?:rolleyes:
Can't make up my mind. Since I've joined and read alot of trip reports. I find this board to really be a Dominican Addicts group. I've been to Thailand alot and been to Panama once. I love the NG or BB lay out. The pool and bar and girls right there. Plus I've been falged for not posting and just lurking. I have a16 day Dec. trip planed for the Philippines. So I'm looking for a 5 day fuck fest. DR girls look hotter for me. When I was in Panama the Columbian girls look and acted hard core. All sillicon and additude. I only went with the Panaman girls that I found to be a lot of fun. So CR cheaper air, hotel cost more. All evens out. I'm going to try to do this trip late June. Thanks. Now I've interacted.
My new fav hat....gracias Jose :D
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/33364bdfa7f28363d.jpg

Apos
05-04-2010, 12:57 AM
Waaaaaay back in 2003 when I was trying to decide on where to go both the DR and CR were contenders. I chose the DR and I finally moved here :), so I'm slightly biased :D

For a quick trip like yours just come to Sousa, have a blast and forget the rest. Virtually everyone I know that has been to the both prefers the DR unless going for an Eco tour or similar.

jonblaze
05-04-2010, 12:57 AM
I personally prefer the DR because in my experience you get more bang for your buck and a lot more GFE's. In CR it was all buisness and out the door so she could get back down stairs to the next pull. The Dr girls stay all night for less then what you pay for ST in CR. Though I have to admit that CR has a higher concentration of different nationalities. The first night I walked into the BM in CR was one of the most overwhelming experiences of my life. But that was mostly due to the fact that it was the first time I had mongered, or even been out of the US.......well besides Canada but that doesn't count. Anyway based on your post it looks like you're leaning toward the DR, good luck on whatever you decide.

soxfan
05-04-2010, 09:50 AM
...what kind of socks?:rolleyes:
My new fav hat....gracias Jose :D
Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/33364bdfa7f28363d.jpg)
The White Sox. Hoping the season gets better.

Jimmydr
05-04-2010, 09:51 AM

We focus on DR, Colombian, Brazil, Cuba, Thailand, Jamaica to just name a few.

soxfan
05-04-2010, 10:07 AM
I personally prefer the DR because in my experience you get more bang for your buck and a lot more GFE's. In CR it was all buisness and out the door so she could get back down stairs to the next pull. The Dr girls stay all night for less then what you pay for ST in CR. Though I have to admit that CR has a higher concentration of different nationalities. The first night I walked into the BM in CR was one of the most overwhelming experiences of my life. But that was mostly due to the fact that it was the first time I had mongered, or even been out of the US.......well besides Canada but that doesn't count. Anyway based on your post it looks like you're leaning toward the DR, good luck on whatever you decide.
Thanks. I'm getting a little older now too. 53 but I'm in the gym 5 times a wk. Just can't abuse the body like I did 5 yrs ago when I first went to Los. I found out in Panama that the action doesn't start till midnight. 2 am I'm toast. I like to have my LT line up by 10 and in the room by 12. On the other hand It's been 3 yrs since I've mongerd. because I was married to a Thai girl. Now I'm going through a divorce and maybe it's just stress. Maybe once I hit the ground I'll be back to the old me. I know what you felt likein the CR. My first trip in Pattaya just wall to wall pussy. You just want to fuck everything except the LB's for me at lest. :wink: My first trip in Pattaya 29 girls 9 days and 4 of the st more than once. That's want sosua feel like to me when I read some reports.

Jimmydr
05-04-2010, 10:09 AM
Thanks. I'm getting a little older now too. 53 but I'm in the gym 5 times a wk. Just can't abuse the body like I did 5 yrs ago when I first went to Los. I found out in Panama that the action doesn't start till midnight. 2 am I'm toast. I like to have my LT line up by 10 and in the room by 12. On the other hand It's been 3 yrs since I've mongerd. because I was married to a Thai girl. Now I'm going through a divorce and maybe it's just stress. Maybe once I hit the ground I'll be back to the old me. I know what you felt like. My first in Pattaya just wall to wall pussy. You just want to fuck everything except the LB's for me at lest. :wink: My first trip to Pattaya 29 girls 9 days and 4 of the st more than once. That's want sosua feel like to me when I read some reports.

The nightlife in Medellin can start as early as 7 if you want it to.

Hunter
05-04-2010, 10:37 AM
Thanks. I'm getting a little older now too. 53 but I'm in the gym 5 times a wk. Just can't abuse the body like I did 5 yrs ago when I first went to Los. I found out in Panama that the action doesn't start till midnight. 2 am I'm toast. I like to have my LT line up by 10 and in the room by 12. On the other hand It's been 3 yrs since I've mongerd. because I was married to a Thai girl. Now I'm going through a divorce and maybe it's just stress. Maybe once I hit the ground I'll be back to the old me. I know what you felt likein the CR. My first trip in Pattaya just wall to wall pussy. You just want to fuck everything except the LB's for me at lest. :wink: My first trip in Pattaya 29 girls 9 days and 4 of the st more than once. That's want sosua feel like to me when I read some reports.

Tell us more if you feel like it?? hmm Thai girl divorce :eek::eek:...

sicpup71
05-04-2010, 12:48 PM
http://costaricaticas.com

SeaWeed
05-04-2010, 01:19 PM
just pick a country and try a different country the next trip.......

Jimmydr
05-04-2010, 01:21 PM
just pick a country and try a different country the next trip.......

There are too many places too pick from now.

cassanova6
05-04-2010, 03:54 PM
Fellow South Sider,
Just got back from DR and had an absolute blast! Sosua is definitely the place to go! Enjoy!

soxfan
05-04-2010, 08:08 PM
Fellow South Sider,
Just got back from DR and had an absolute blast! Sosua is definitely the place to go! Enjoy!
Thanks for the advice.

apatheist
05-25-2010, 06:53 PM
Having been to DR and CR (was there last Sept) a number of times as well as Cuba, Panama and Nicaragua Its a tough call and depends on what you are looking for. DR has lower prices for chicas but most of the TLNs seem to have some problem with their kid/grandma/goat whatever about two hours in. In CR they are pretty straightforward and stick to what you agree on but not a lot of TLN. If skin color matters (it did to my wingman) then CR ranges generally from white to caramel whereas DR is more caramel to black IMO.

The place that I stayed in San Jose (sportsmens lodge) kind of puts everything on a platter for you and the price is on par with NG and some of the other places here. There's a decent bar/restaurant and girls start arriving as early as 10 am and there is generally a good crowd by 7 or 8 and it stops serving and turns to a ghost town at 2 am. If you don't like it loud until 2 am don't get a courtyard room.

There are other places close by but you are recommended to take a taxi everywhere. I walked but it sucks b/c CR seems like no matter where you go you are walking up some steep hill. If you go to the Del Rey, and you will, it is hardcore whereas SL and some other places are more along the lines of Classicos maybe a little more laid back. Costaricaticas.com proved to be as almost as helpful as ISOC.

Sosua is easier to get around and you can walk anywhere at anytime or at least thats how I feel after being in Miami for 16 years. Sosua is a lot more laid back but that is the difference between big city and small beach town. The action does seem to start a bit later in Sosua but thats prob b/c there are girls working 24/7 in San Jose.

Overall its just personal preference and honestly I feel you'll have a great time in either. I enjoyed both of them more than Panama and Cuba combined.

Hunter
05-25-2010, 06:56 PM
Overall its just personal preference and honestly I feel you'll have a great time in either. I enjoyed both of them more than Panama and Cuba combined.

What's your take on Panama and Cuba?? Negatives-Positives??

jacknback
05-25-2010, 08:04 PM
Hey Apatheist....just got back from Sosua and was pulling off the strip as early as 10AM.They are on the street ,in the restaurants,in the stores,in the laundromat and I didn't even mention the $9 blow jobs at the little Haitian massage parlor down the street from NG! Any whoretown is 24/7 if your looking.Soxfan,please make it clear from now on your a WHITESOX fan so we know not to buddy up with you.Christ they were'nt even proud enough to come up with their own original name,had to use 1/2 of the RED SOX.Now we're talking baseball!!LOL

TNT72
05-25-2010, 08:06 PM
Can't make up my mind. Since I've joined and read alot of trip reports. I find this board to really be agr Dominican Addicts group. I've been to Thailand alot and been to Panama once. I love the NG or BB lay out. The pool and bar and girls right there. Plus I've been falged for not posting and just lurking. I have a16 day Dec. trip planed for the Philippines. So I'm looking for a 5 day fuck fest. DR girls look hotter for me. When I was in Panama the Columbian girls look and acted hard core. All sillicon and additude. I only went with the Panaman girls that I found to be a lot of fun. So CR cheaper air, hotel cost more. All evens out. I'm going to try to do this trip late June. Thanks. Now I've interacted.

Hi. My names TNT72, and I'm a Sosuaholic!!

jimrock187
05-25-2010, 08:12 PM
Yup, I've been to CR and DR.. CR has tons of colombianas and ticas not to mention nicas.. they are ranging from light brown to dark brown. I stayed in SL. The chicks hanging there are pretty cool.. Fun to drink with. But if you roll down to the Del Rey, they get hardcore. If you like hardcore chicks that are money hungry you go to Del Rey.

husl2001
05-26-2010, 02:37 PM
Can't make up my mind. Since I've joined and read alot of trip reports. I find this board to really be a Dominican Addicts group. I've been to Thailand alot and been to Panama once. I love the NG or BB lay out.

Understand that's not a coincidence. The North Coast (and particularly Sosua) are ideal for a short, fun, stress free trip that quickly surrounds you with a bunch of beautiful women in one of several generally pleasant beach towns.

Guys here have literally traveled all over the world. Rio and Thailand may be the meccas, but for guys from the eastern half of North America (a large proportion of the posters on this site) those trips require flights of anywhere from 12-24 hours in duration.

DR, CR and Columbia are, comparatively speaking, right around the corner. Columbia appears to be best for folks who have a working knowledge of Spanish, which leaves CR and DR for the beginner/weekend warrior.

I've heard good things about CR, but although I've traveled to the country, I haven't been for mongering purposes because:

1) the action is in the middle of an otherwise-boring city with traffic that doesn't lend itself well to daytripping, and l like to do a lot more on vacation than just monger;

2) while I love the idea of more diverse pickings (got a blasian Dominicana in Santo Domingo many moons ago), I find myself strongly attracted to the Dominican look;

3) I've heard that the hotels in the "Zone" in CR are - at best - just ok. But even if a Ritz suddenly appeared, my preference is for more comfortable home-like surroundings when vacationing in the caribbean, and usually prefer the villa route, which are everywhere on the North Coast of DR;

4) While 80% of the night action happens on a small strip in Sosua, Cabarete at night is something special. Also, there's choice spots in Nagua and Puerto Plata to explore. And that's just the North Coast. The level of talent in and around Santiago will blow your mind;

5) DR is well-suited to large groups, although I refuse to travel like that anymore. There literally is something - and someone - for everyone to do all day and night.

6) Finally, Sosua is only about 10 minutes from the airport. I can't begin to properly emphasize how incredibly convenient that is, especially if your return flight is in the later part of the afternoon.

Anyway, my .02 would be for you to try the North Coast, but just go to Sosua instead of holing up in Blackbeards. You can go to the bikini contest and see everything there in 2 hours, which leaves you the rest of your vacation to discover everything - and everyone - else the North Coast has to offer.

Have fun.

Malo
05-26-2010, 02:44 PM
Understand that's not a coincidence. The North Coast (and particularly Sosua) are ideal for a short, fun, stress free trip that quickly surrounds you with a bunch of beautiful women in one of several generally pleasant beach towns.

Guys here have literally traveled all over the world. Rio and Thailand may be the meccas, but for guys from the eastern half of North America (a large proportion of the posters on this site) those trips require flights of anywhere from 12-24 hours in duration.

DR, CR and Columbia are, comparatively speaking, right around the corner. Columbia appears to be best for folks who have a working knowledge of Spanish, which leaves CR and DR for the beginner/weekend warrior.

I've heard good things about CR, but I haven't been because:

1) the action is in the middle of an otherwise-boring city with traffic that does lend itself well to daytripping, and l like to do a lot more on vacation than just monger;

2) while I love the idea of more diverse pickings (got a blasian Dominicana in Santo Domingo many moons ago), I find myself strongly attracted to the Dominican look;

3) I've heard that the hotels in the "Zone" in CR are - at best - just ok. But even if a Ritz suddenly appeared, my preference is for more comfortable home-like surroundings when vacationing in the caribbean, and usually prefer the villa route, which are everywhere on the North Coast of DR;

4) While 80% of the night action happens on a small strip in Sosua, Cabarete at night is something special. Also, there's choice spots in Nagua and Puerto Plata to explore. And that's just the North Coast. The level of talent in and around Santiago will blow your mind;

5) DR is well-suited to large groups, although I refuse to travel like that anymore. There literally is something - and someone - for everyone to do all day and night.

6) Finally, Sosua is only about 10 minutes from the airport. I can't begin to properly emphasize how incredibly convenient that is, especially if your return flight is in the later part of the afternoon.

Anyway, my .02 would be for you to try the North Coast, but just go to Sosua instead of holing up in Blackbeards. You can go to the bikini contest and see everything there in 2 hours, which leaves you the rest of your vacation to discover everything - and everyone - else the North Coast has to offer.

Have fun.

I went to Costa Rica once and I was glad that I did. Its not for everyone but there are 1,000's that love the place.

Everyone should go once.

gdogg
05-26-2010, 02:49 PM
I was supposed to go with Beas, but that was when the D.R. was booming, so I never made it. If he were to ask now, I'd consider it.

Malo
05-26-2010, 02:50 PM
I was supposed to go with Beas, but that was when the D.R. was booming, so I never made it. If he were to ask now, I'd consider it.

Its not going to be boring there, that is for sure. I may go back one day and stay at the Sportsman.

jimrock187
05-26-2010, 03:59 PM
Sportsman Lodge is great... seriously, you can spend the entire day in that place. The chicas show up at the bar, and come and go every hour! The drinks are reasonably priced, Bill is a great guy. Everyone at the bar is friendly and very cool.
Not to mention they have Captain Morgans!! (Hard to find in DR besides Shark Bar)!

If it wasnt for our excusions during the day, we would be at SL all day..
If you leave the hotel, you should take a cab... there is all this talk about razor blade wheelin trannys at the park on the way to the DelRey.
Oh yeah, the SL is pretty close to the best Massage spots.
Hope this helps

apatheist
05-26-2010, 07:11 PM
Jack

You are right that there is always someone selling. Being able to pick them out and talk to them seems a little bit harder during the day unless you've been at this for a while. Def would not recommend a newbie just walk down the street asking every chica how much; you have to have some game.

Back to question at hand...CR v DR I think it is just a matter of personal preference. I've had great times in both. Hell last time in CR I managed to break my leg (stupid atvs and stupid lack of coordination) and after hospital hobbled out of my room, had a couple jack and cokes grabbed a girl to help "with the swelling". This would have been a little more difficult in DR unless I was at NG.

Malo
05-26-2010, 07:12 PM
Jack

You are right that there is always someone selling. Being able to pick them out and talk to them seems a little bit harder during the day unless you've been at this for a while. Def would not recommend a newbie just walk down the street asking every chica how much; you have to have some game.

Back to question at hand...CR v DR I think it is just a matter of personal preference. I've had great times in both. Hell last time in CR I managed to break my leg (stupid atvs and stupid lack of coordination) and after hospital hobbled out of my room, had a couple jack and cokes grabbed a girl to help "with the swelling". This would have been a little more difficult in DR unless I was at NG.

You can break you leg in DR and Colombia as well.

jacknback
05-26-2010, 07:34 PM
Apatheist...you don't have to do anything in Sosua. Just stand on the street on the strip and as the saying goes."if you build it they will come"

Pacoloco
05-26-2010, 08:53 PM
I've heard good things about CR, but although I've traveled to the country, I haven't been for mongering purposes because:

1) the action is in the middle of an otherwise-boring city with traffic that doesn't lend itself well to daytripping, and l like to do a lot more on vacation than just monger; I've never really gotten bored there but have gotten sick of the noise, beggars, chaos and smog after a while. On the other hand there's always stuff to do, places to go, plenty of other mongers to party with and something going on in the big city. Of course speaking some spanish and having some expat amigos that live there helped. Also San Jose makes a good base to party at night and do some day trips, most hotels have a tour desk, here's an example of some day tours. http://centralamerica.com/cr/tours/day.htm

3) I've heard that the hotels in the "Zone" in CR are - at best - just ok.
You can spend up to 300 bucks on a room if you want. Quite a few places now have high end suites w/jacuzzis, balcony, etc. available around the gulch but no you won't get 4 star for 50 bucks.

CR can be a great time, lot of fun and is worth a visit. Like other frequent travelers there I got burnout, only made 1 trip last year. The big city seems to wear on me after a few days and I get very little actual rest or relaxation while there. Sosua on the other hand is small, quiet and so damn laid back it's just more enjoyable... in a tropical slow&easy kinda way. :wink:

speedyb
06-20-2010, 05:51 PM
Hey Guys, im really new to the scene. I hear alot about Sousa,is this the place to go? Any suggestions on places to stay, and prices.
Thanks fellas

Roy
06-20-2010, 08:09 PM
Apatheist...you don't have to do anything in Sosua. Just stand on the street on the strip and as the saying goes."if you build it they will come"

Well, be careful if you drop your pants in the middle of the street. I did one night, hoisted them above my head and swirled them around screaming SOSUA!!!!

My chica negotiated with Politur for 200 peso fine and a bowl of soup at Caprina.....

My vote is for D.R. if you are a screwing machine, the pussy costs more there. If you GF up, then maybe CR is better because the girls are 100% better looking.

BorisDaBulletDodger
08-29-2010, 09:59 PM
My opinion of CR has always been that it is like the Major Leagues of Chicas. You have girls from all over central and South America and the top earning pros put their time in CR. It is great for new people like myself, who monger frequently but only has basic spanish. It is surprising how many of the chicas in CR can speak perfect english, which I find as a turn off. That means they have a lot of courses in Rosetta Penises learning English and they have been hustling for a long time.

As far as Variety, I think CR is where it is at, you have white, black, fat, thin old, young, natural and fast n furious modified chicas with elbow implants. Also within a several block radius around the Del Ray you have hundreds and hundreds of available girls. If you like plastic girls, CR is your spot.

The last few trips I have gone to CR, most of the premium girls were not budging from $100. keep that in mind you can negotiate, but time consuming process sometimes. Sometimes I felt like I had to get things in writing with a lawyer.

If you have never been there, you gotta go at least once to CR just for the experience it is amazing. I only go when there are cheap flights from SPirit air, and Sportsmens has vacancies, a great place to set up shop.

DR is like the farm system or minor leagues. Fresh raw talent, but veterens as well. Don't take it the wrong way, most of them are Pro's but not in the league of some of the girls in CR. My selections is limited as far as shade, but if I put my time in, I can always find a light skinned girl, and even if you don't like dark girls, there is always a dark girl that will make you think twice. Value and quality wise, I think you can't beat the DR.

I have a hard time deciding between DR, Colombia and CR, but I need further testing, comparisons and cuttings. I really don't decide, I leave it to the airlines with their cheap deals. I will tell you though CR is on bottom of the list IMHO.

DMV
08-29-2010, 11:21 PM
My opinion of CR has always been that it is like the Major Leagues of Chicas.

I just wanted to ask why they call you the Bullet Dodger?

mikelodge
08-29-2010, 11:25 PM
I just wanted to ask why they call you the Bullet Dodger?

Not sayin this is the case with Boris but I think that some of all these new guys are shills if not then good for Jimmy.

LJDMV
08-30-2010, 05:46 AM
I prefer DR over CR. I like the chicas better the prices are better for what i got service wise. I went a few years back in Dec to CR and did not enjoy it too much. Maybe i should have gone another month. But i have been to the DR several different months and i had a ball each time.

DMV
08-30-2010, 07:44 AM
Not sayin this is the case with Boris but I think a some of all these new guys are shills if not good for Jimmy.

Mike my quote was for Boris. It was a line from the movie where this name comes from. I wanted to see if he was going to respond with the next line.

greydread
08-30-2010, 08:19 AM
Mike my quote was for Boris. It was a line from the movie where this name comes from. I wanted to see if he was going to respond with the next line.

Snatch

One of my 10 desert island movies.

jacknback
08-30-2010, 07:45 PM
CR definitly is more expensive than DR in all areas.IMHOP

Westy
10-29-2010, 12:01 PM
Can't make up my mind. Since I've joined and read alot of trip reports. I find this board to really be a Dominican Addicts group. ... Plus I've been falged for not posting and just lurking. I have a16 day Dec. trip planed for the Philippines. So I'm looking for a 5 day fuck fest. DR girls look hotter for me. I'm going to try to do this trip late June. Thanks....

Dominican addicts? How about punana addicts in general? "Chicaholics - Unanimous!"

I've been struck with this more than once, reading this and other boards, and it seems to me I need help for my own addiction - so here is a suggested Twelve Step program for us:

Chicaholics Unanimous - the Twelve Steps:

1. We admit we are powerless over our peckers, and our lust has become unmanageable.

2. We believe that punana could restore us to sanity.

3. We decide to turn our money and our peckers over to the care of the chicas.

4. We make a searching and fearless immoral inventory of the girls at Classicos, La Passions, CMP, and those two famous blocks of Avenida Pedro Clisante.

5. We admit to ourselves and our selected chicas the exact nature of our desires.

6. We make ourselves entirely ready to have the chicas remove these "defects of character", at an agreed-upon price (DR$ 1000 ST, 1500 TLN).

7. We eagerly ask the chicas to address our "short comings", or even to stay TLN if the chica and the price are right.

8. We make a list of all chicas we want to spread, and become willing to make our moves on them all.

9. We make direct payment, cash, after the deed, to such chicas wherever possible, except when to do so would interfere with a fellow monger who's already taking them home for his own purposes.

10. We continue to take personal inventory, and when we're in country we promptly do something about it.

11. We seek through repeated vacations to improve our contact with the chicas, hoping that our money won't run out before our flight for home.

12. Having had a great time as the result of these steps, we try to carry this message to our fellow mongers over ISOC, and save up for the next trip as soon as we can afford it!

I hope this doesn't offend any present or former members of any authentic Twelve-Step programs.
Please understand that I mean this all in jest, although I am on Step 12 of the Chicaholics Unanimous program myself...!

Cheers, Westy

getrhythm
11-01-2010, 02:04 PM
CR definitely is more expensive than DR in all areas.IMHOP

What trumps everything in any comparison of these two venues is bang-for-the-buck for pussy. Okay - in Costa Rica you've got a place where the starting price is often $100 U.S., you've got to pre-negotiate bareback blow jobs, and service is often very "pro" where you're put on a clock with no particular regard to whether or not you pop.

While in Sosua there's no ironclad guarantees of a great time, I've found it's often possible to have a great experience - sometimes even TLN - for 1000 pesos. That's $27 freaking dollars folks, half or less than what you might pay in Costa Rica after some bargaining. And after 11 trips, I can count the times on one hand where a chica had any problem with bareback blow jobs - without ever discussing it up front.

Once in a while I poke my head in on the CRT board where I used to post a lot, and when I read what these guys are paying I just have to laugh. Just glad it's not me anymore...

jacknback
11-01-2010, 08:52 PM
The White Sox. Hoping the season gets better.
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/163414ccf600e872eb.jpg

Here is a CR RedSox fan who used to work at Little Havana.Might still be there.
Goes by Christina.

ydogi
11-03-2010, 08:40 AM
Having been to DR and CR (was there last Sept) a number of times as well as Cuba, Panama and Nicaragua Its a tough call and depends on what you are looking for. DR has lower prices for chicas but most of the TLNs seem to have some problem with their kid/grandma/goat whatever about two hours in. In CR they are pretty straightforward and stick to what you agree on but not a lot of TLN. If skin color matters (it did to my wingman) then CR ranges generally from white to caramel whereas DR is more caramel to black IMO.

The place that I stayed in San Jose (sportsmens lodge) kind of puts everything on a platter for you and the price is on par with NG and some of the other places here. There's a decent bar/restaurant and girls start arriving as early as 10 am and there is generally a good crowd by 7 or 8 and it stops serving and turns to a ghost town at 2 am. If you don't like it loud until 2 am don't get a courtyard room.

There are other places close by but you are recommended to take a taxi everywhere. I walked but it sucks b/c CR seems like no matter where you go you are walking up some steep hill. If you go to the Del Rey, and you will, it is hardcore whereas SL and some other places are more along the lines of Classicos maybe a little more laid back. Costaricaticas.com proved to be as almost as helpful as ISOC.

Sosua is easier to get around and you can walk anywhere at anytime or at least thats how I feel after being in Miami for 16 years. Sosua is a lot more laid back but that is the difference between big city and small beach town. The action does seem to start a bit later in Sosua but thats prob b/c there are girls working 24/7 in San Jose.

great post thanks!!! im still researching, been to CR 5 times this year , I LOVE IT, i am also in Miami so DR should be a very short flight, but the dam taxes are ridiculous!
side note Sportsmans Lodge closes at 12, not 2... but i would still avoid the rooms that are not in the new wing
Bill the owner treated me like i was his son from day 1

dmoney
01-16-2011, 01:22 AM
which place is better to visit as of now? alot has changed in DR and CR. I would be going to Sosua in DR so i wanted to know if it was worth (some people have been saying it is dead).

I will be going in may so there is still some time but as of now which one would you guys choose

Apos
01-16-2011, 02:24 AM
which place is better to visit as of now? alot has changed in DR and CR. I would be going to Sosua in DR so i wanted to know if it was worth (some people have been saying it is dead).

I will be going in may so there is still some time but as of now which one would you guys choose
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?p=888621#post888621

...or perhaps you didn't like my suggestion? :rolleyes:

Pacoloco
01-16-2011, 09:15 AM
My 7 night trip to Sosua got canceled thanks to the winter storm so instead I'll be visiting CR next weekend for the first time in a year and a half. Being on a budget and missing the beach I'd prefer to be going to Sosua...but plan to have fun in San Jose and will post a report. My usual answer to that question is- visit both!

dmoney
01-16-2011, 02:30 PM
lol i didnt see that you responded to it... thanks

i guess Sosua it is ... i hope it is still good by the time i go (may)

i will visit CR later

Apos
01-16-2011, 05:22 PM
It's still great and you'll be fine...it's just different for those that have been there before.Go, have a great time, take lots of pics and share them and your stories with us when you get back home! :D