PDA

View Full Version : Chavez is Chavez

NewsWhore
05-06-2010, 05:30 PM
In an interesting note, when President Hugo Chavez arrived in the DR at 1:20am on Wednesday, he took the driver's seat after arriving at Las Americas International Airport and drove himself to the Dominican Fiesta Hotel where he was staying. After the signing of the agreements on Wednesday, he did the same thing and took the driver's seat for his return trip to Las Americas for his flight back to Venezuela.
Diario Libre reports on another anomaly of the trip. According to the newspaper's page-two comment column, no Dominican government minister had the information or dared to give any details of Chavez's agenda in the DR.
Diario Libre also reports that Chavez did not visit the Dominican Petroleum Refinery for which Venezuela reportedly paid US$135 million. When asked why, he responded: "I have lots of work there (Venezuela), I have to go, but since I like Santo Domingo so much, don't find it strange if I take some time to see the Ozama," he commented, hinting that he could be back soon.
Chavez met deposed President of Honduras, Manuel Zelaya at the Dominican Fiesta Hotel.

More... (http://www.dr1.com/index.html#3)