PDA

View Full Version : Harley Davidson shop in Sosua

WickedWillie
05-14-2010, 02:18 PM
A good friend of mine, Mario, has just opened a new Harley shop in Sosua, opposite Producto Sosua supermarket and next to Freddy Multiservice on the main road.

He will be offering repair service, sales and rental of Harley's only. I seem to recall the Harley rental question coming up in the past.

Mario has many years experience of Harley service in Quebec and here in the DR.

There is also a bar with a big flatscreen TV in the shop so could be a good place to hang if that's your thing. He told me that he will have chicas there shortly.

mikelodge
05-14-2010, 02:22 PM
A good friend of mine, Mario, has just opened a new Harley shop in Sosua, opposite Producto Sosua supermarket and next to Freddy Multiservice on the main road.

He will be offering repair service, sales and rental of Harley's only. I seem to recall the Harley rental question coming up in the past.

Mario has many years experience of Harley service in Quebec and here in the DR.

There is also a bar with a big flatscreen TV in the shop so could be a good place to hang if that's your thing. He told me that he will have chicas there shortly.

Now your talking Whewwie

When I stay at D'Piero and Piero and his girlfriend go of on a ride to the East and I here that Harley fire up I always miss it.

I hope he does well and is still renting them when I get down there. Although with all the recent talk about mandatory Jail Time if you are in an accident it might not be as practical as I would like it to be.

I look forward to checking it out. I am sure there will be plenty of posts on this.

naptime
05-14-2010, 05:02 PM
sweet!

so, this is a canadian?

i may be renting a harley in july instead of a scooter :D

hwyrider37
05-14-2010, 05:19 PM
Awesome, that is a must see for me, been a avid rider for many years, hence s/n hwyrider. You said just opened, so It's open now? I'll be there next Fri 05/21 and would enjoy seeing it. Thanks for the info Willie, I'm sure it will be a pleasure to meet your friend Mario. Also wouldn't mind knowing what that rental rate is and if they have a web site I can visit.

WickedWillie
05-14-2010, 07:51 PM
sweet!

so, this is a canadian?

i may be renting a harley in july instead of a scooter :D

Nap, he is a Quebecoir, I think they don't consider themselves Canadian.

And he doesn't speak English. French and Spanish only.

Never thought to ask as I have zero interest in bikes but I'll find out what he's got to rent and the rates.

gmalet
05-15-2010, 08:35 PM
I will be there!!!

Mr Hillbilly
05-16-2010, 10:30 AM
Yea keep us updated.

WickedWillie
05-19-2010, 01:42 PM
Some more info from the owner:

There is a range of Dyna's, Sportsters, Fatboys available. If there is something else you want he can get it as he has a range of bikes available to him.

The rate is US$150 per day with discounts for 7 day plus rentals.

The renter is 100% responsible and liable for the bike and anything that happens.

There is no insurance available. (He told me that was nationwide for bike rentals, guys that have rented other types of bikes may confirm this??)

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/thum_94194bf420eedec78.jpg (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=78937)

MrHappy
05-20-2010, 07:44 AM
Some more info from the owner:

There is a range of Dyna's, Sportsters, Fatboys available. If there is something else you want he can get it as he has a range of bikes available to him.

The rate is US$150 per day with discounts for 7 day plus rentals.

The renter is 100% responsible and liable for the bike and anything that happens.

There is no insurance available. (He told me that was nationwide for bike rentals, guys that have rented other types of bikes may confirm this??)

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/thum_94194bf420eedec78.jpg)

You may want to ask him what Harley's are running these days. You drop one of those babies, and it's going to cost you a LOT more than you think.

You're looking at 40K plus for a new one.

Corrado
05-20-2010, 06:41 PM
You may want to ask him what Harley's are running these days. You drop one of those babies, and it's going to cost you a LOT more than you think.

You're looking at 40K plus for a new one.

It is possible to get a 2010 model new for a little over 10,000 US

Ter319
05-20-2010, 09:35 PM
The only harley you getting for around 10k is a sportster, a dyna starts at about 13 to 16k and softails going for 17k or more

daddyooo
05-28-2010, 11:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gcwfKQ1b2w

gmalet
05-29-2010, 07:10 AM
No insurance fuck that....

MrHappy
05-30-2010, 09:41 AM
Nice place, I'll be stopping by....