PDA

View Full Version : AA from Chicago to Puerto Plata June 2010

Festy
05-14-2010, 03:07 PM
Just booked on AA.com from Chicago ORD to Puerto Plata POP using air-miles. The cost was 52,500 miles for the timetable I preferred, $100 tax and $50 mileage usage fee. Still not a bad deal but the miles program is not nearly as good as it was a couple years ago. I have had good luck with AA but am planning to use up my existing air-miles over the next few months as to not let their value deteriorate further.

Any thoughts?

mikelodge
05-14-2010, 03:13 PM
Just booked on AA.com from Chicago ORD to Puerto Plata POP using air-miles. The cost was 52,500 miles for the timetable I preferred, $100 tax and $50 mileage usage fee. Still not a bad deal but the miles program is not nearly as good as it was a couple years ago. I have had good luck with AA but am planning to use up my existing air-miles over the next few months as to not let their value deteriorate further.

Any thoughts?

if that is round trip that is cheap. I flew AA to POP in March and other times this past winter and each time is was 35k miles for Coach/Economy plus the $105 or $110 in taxes and fees. There was no $50 mileage usage that must be new before on domestic I paid $5 five bucks.

I will check something

I miss spoke big time that is not cheap. As I stated I paid 35K RT on some flight this past winter to the DR and Nica and the cash amount I paid was $102

I just checked for Halloween if I were to go and risk the heat again LOL they have a OFF SEASON rate or catagory like some of the hotels or condo places. The usual AA Economy being the lowest shows in Oct. they have a something called MileSaver Off Peak for 25K total RT with the $102 in taxes and fees.

When are you going bro?

TONYTNT40
05-14-2010, 03:20 PM
if that is round trip that is cheap. I flew AA to POP in March and other times this past winter and each time is was 35k miles for Coach/Economy plus the $105 or $110 in taxes and fees. There was no $50 mileage usage that must be new before on domestic I paid $5 five bucks.

I will check something

last year I flew,DCA to POP, and it was 35k miles round trip. The airlines are ripping us off, I used to fly to Rio on CO for 35k round trip.

mikelodge
05-14-2010, 03:36 PM
last year I flew,DCA to POP, and it was 35k miles round trip. The airlines are ripping us off, I used to fly to Rio on CO for 35k round trip.

I think I figured out what Festy did which correct me if I am wrong but because as he stated to get the dates or timetable he wanted booked one leg at 17.5 and the other at 35k to equal his 52.5 since the 35k is for Economy Anytime for those that need specific dates.

To defend AA even though I hate all airlines I find then pretty good to use miles on and they still have 25k RT in Oct. and 35K RT for Primetime winter

the only thing I am unclear about is the $50 mileage usage fee that I wasn't charged when booking a DEC upcoming trip a month ago.

TONYTNT40
05-14-2010, 03:46 PM
I think I figured out what Festy did which correct me if I am wrong but because as he stated to get the dates or timetable he wanted booked one leg at 17.5 and the other at 35k to equal his 52.5 since the 35k is for Economy Anytime for those that need specific dates.

To defend AA even though I hate all airlines I find then pretty good to use miles on and they still have 25k RT in Oct. and 35K RT for Primetime winter

the only thing I am unclear about is the $50 mileage usage fee that I wasn't charged when booking a DEC upcoming trip a month ago.

yeah that about right, you said the keyword Prime time, I made a typo, I flew to Rio for 17k round trip

Festy
05-15-2010, 12:19 PM
I booked on May 12th for a May 31st departure. Use AA.com as always.
ADDITIONAL SERVICES CURRENCY AMOUNT AAdvantage ® Award Processing USD 50.00THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I SAW THIS CHARGE. My tax was $104.60 and this $50 was added on. It cost 35k miles to avoid HUGE layovers that were needed for the 17.5k advantage award flights.

I will check something

I miss spoke big time that is not cheap. As I stated I paid 35K RT on some flight this past winter to the DR and Nica and the cash amount I paid was $102

I just checked for Halloween if I were to go and risk the heat again LOL they have a OFF SEASON rate or catagory like some of the hotels or condo places. The usual AA Economy being the lowest shows in Oct. they have a something called MileSaver Off Peak for 25K total RT with the $102 in taxes and fees.

When are you going bro?

jose1234
06-23-2010, 09:23 PM
I'm paying and flying AA from Chicago to DR July 2nd. Frequent flyer seats were not available. Well, they are not available if you look for it on line, but if you call and try to use them, then they will probably be available but for a lot more than the 35,000 miles. Most of my air miles that I've accumulated has been with United flying in the states and that is how United does it.

I've read elsewhere and it might not be true? But, someone posted on another site that the taxes charged by the DR Govt. went up to about $140 per passenger.

mikelodge
06-23-2010, 10:02 PM
I'm paying and flying AA from Chicago to DR July 2nd. Frequent flyer seats were not available. Well, they are not available if you look for it on line, but if you call and try to use them, then they will probably be available but for a lot more than the 35,000 miles. Most of my air miles that I've accumulated has been with United flying in the states and that is how United does it.

I've read elsewhere and it might not be true? But, someone posted on another site that the taxes charged by the DR Govt. went up to about $140 per passenger.

What is your question or what do you want to know? If all you are talking about is the difference of the booking fee then ok sorry. Have you tried AA.com on line? they have a flexible booking calendar that will show you when the lower rates are.

Your question is very vague bouncing from AA to United :confused:

Give us some more info and I for one will be glad to try to help.

jose1234
06-23-2010, 11:06 PM
Sorry I was rambling on about my experience. I'm booked on AA and all is set. No question from me on the airline... Well, actually I can think of a question that is on my mind. Can I just pick up a taxi at the airport or is it better to arrange something in advance and what firm do you typically contact to book a taxi in advance?

Thanks

mikelodge
06-24-2010, 07:58 AM
Sorry I was rambling on about my experience. I'm booked on AA and all is set. No question from me on the airline... Well, actually I can think of a question that is on my mind. Can I just pick up a taxi at the airport or is it better to arrange something in advance and what firm do you typically contact to book a taxi in advance?

Thanks

I have never heard of an airport that doesn't have taxis in major cities. It is a problem if you do a fishing fly in to Canada to a remote region. :lol:

Either ask your hotel for pickup if they offer it or get one at the airport and RELAX.