PDA

View Full Version : Soto knew too much?

NewsWhore
05-17-2010, 02:50 PM
Former President Hipolito Mejia said yesterday that four months ago he had warned Ruben Soto Hayet that he would be murdered after he was included in the organization chart of Puerto Rican fugitive drug baron Jose Figueroa Agosto's network.
Mejia told Listin Diario that the murders of people with ties to the Puerto Rican network would continue and the deaths are part of a plan to protect supposed accomplices of Figueroa Agosto in several government institutions.
"This is one of the cases, most are dead and the ones who are still alive should be prepared," he told Listin Diario. He said that Soto was killed because "he had information on the people who are involved in this mafia at all levels of society", as reported in Listin Diario.
Quoted in El Nacional, Mejia said that the murders happened because the victims knew "those who were involved in the orgies, the loans and other relationships."
The former President said he was an old friend of the owners of the La Francesa coffee shop.
He said that he frequently saw former colonel Gonzalez at La Francesa, "and he knew a lot, as does his wife."
Ruben Soto was murdered on Friday afternoon, in a shooting in which an advertising agency messenger and a watchman were also killed. Two others were injured.
"I was a friend of his since 1966 when he came to the country to plant cucumbers. Three or four months ago when I saw the untimely and dangerous statement of the Department of Drugs and the Police I told him that is a passport to your death," he stated.
Other people who have been murdered and who have been linked to the Figueroa Agosto case are Vienese Cesarina Capelan Perez (Bianca La Gorda), shot to death on 2 December 2008 and who died in a hospital two days later. Also Omar Antigua Polanco, shot in the parking lot of the Carrefour supermarket in February 2010, and Jose Gabriel Arias Castillo (El Pelotero), stabbed to death at the La Victoria jail where he was held.
Mejia predicted that the country would never find out the depth of the complicities in the Paya and Figueroa Agosto cases, as reported in El Nacional.

More... (http://www.dr1.com/index.html#6)