PDA

View Full Version : Cardinal blames US complicity

NewsWhore
05-17-2010, 02:50 PM
Cardinal Nicolas Jesus Lopez Rodriguez said that fugitive drug baron Jose David Figueroa Agosto is still free thanks to complicity between Dominican and US authorities. He says Dominican authorities are following the game of the US authorities. "In the country we are just wasting our time because if the US do not want this gentleman (Figueroa Agosto) to be caught, then the Puerto Rican will not be caught," said the Cardinal, as reported in Listin Diario. He made the statement when commenting on the "monstrosity" of the death of Cuban businessman Ruben Soto Hayet, owner of the La Francesa coffee shop. With Soto, four people with close ties to the drug trafficking network directed by Figueroa Agosto in the country have been murdered.
"I don't understand, I have said it publicly and I repeat it today with all responsibility. If it is true that this gentleman was in a high-security jail in the US and supposedly escaped or they let him go so he could come here to control other drug traffickers, then they cannot come with stories, because we are just playing the same game," he said.
Press reports mention Soto Hayet as the stepfather of Madelin Bernard, the wife of the late former Colonel Jose Amado Gonzalez Gonzalez, a close ally of Figueroa Agosto who was murdered as he arrived at his Anacaona Avenue residence on 24 December 2009

More... (http://www.dr1.com/index.html#7)