PDA

View Full Version : 06/2006 - Chase Continental Debit Card

SJG
06-08-2006, 05:14 PM
Well, I broke down and got a Continental Airlines OnePass World Mastercard. I'm already a OnePass Elite customer of Continental, so for the $85 yearly card fee I get:

15,000 Bonus miles for signing up
1 Mile for every dollar purchased on the card
2 Miles for every dollar spent on Continental.com and select retailers
5% off tickets purchased at Continental.com for the 1st year
2 Presidents Club vouchers on every anniversary date
1 $99 Domestic Companion voucher
2 Discount vouchers on every anniversary ($100 each, good for Domestic, Caribbean, and Latin America)

Now every time I charge I can feel like I am a mile or two closer to the DR. :D

http://www.firstusa.com/cgi-bin/webcgi/webserve.cgi?mkid=60MN&MSC=Z0003065&partner_dir_name=continental_worldcard_15k&page=cont

Kevy
06-08-2006, 05:47 PM
Wonder if they let Canadians sign up? I rememer the set up in Newark airport for the cards.

Beads
06-08-2006, 06:13 PM
i just got the application in the mail they want em to join. im still considering i hate credit cards with yearly fees and have 0 of them right now but if this one will pay for itself on 1 flight ill probably sign up.

Phoenix
06-08-2006, 06:38 PM
Well, I broke down and got a Continental Airlines OnePass World Mastercard. I'm already a OnePass Elite customer of Continental, so for the $85 yearly card fee I get:

15,000 Bonus miles for signing up
1 Mile for every dollar purchased on the card
2 Miles for every dollar spent on Continental.com and select retailers
5% off tickets purchased at Continental.com for the 1st year
2 Presidents Club vouchers on every anniversary date
1 $99 Domestic Companion voucher
2 Discount vouchers on every anniversary ($100 each, good for Domestic, Caribbean, and Latin America)

Now every time I charge I can feel like I am a mile or two closer to the DR. :D

http://www.firstusa.com/cgi-bin/webcgi/webserve.cgi?mkid=60MN&MSC=Z0003065&partner_dir_name=continental_worldcard_15k&page=cont

It is a pretty good deal, I got mine months ago :bigthumbup:

Kevy
06-08-2006, 06:40 PM
Have to be a US resident, FUCKERS.

Jimmydr
06-08-2006, 06:42 PM
Never pay fees, its a waste. I have 4 cards now and got about 75,000 points for signing up.

Phoenix
06-08-2006, 06:42 PM
Have to be a US resident, FUCKERS.

They are discriminating against Canadian not that you guys got terrorists there :eek:

Kevy
06-08-2006, 06:45 PM
They are discriminating against Canadian not that you guys got terrorists there :eek:

We rounded ours up. They wereso disorganized here they , were doing the fertilizer thing. They had plans to bomb parts of Ottawa, but none of them knew their way around town, so they were looking at other options.:mrgreen:

3somefan
01-08-2009, 09:17 PM
Guys!

I got a pretty cool offer via email through Continental Airlines. Basically, if you open a checking account with direct deposit with Chase, you will earn 21,000 miles right off the bat. This is just like your regular checking account with check/debit card. You also earn 1 mile for every $1 spent using the card. I believe you also earn double miles for using the card to purchase a ticket through Continental Airlines.

It looks like you have to print of the coupon and bring it to a branch to open the account. I checked and there are no branches here in Minnesota. I emailed them to see if I could do this via phone or internet, or to see where there closest branch is. I hope I can do it.

Thought I would share it with you all as 21,000 is almost enough for a trip.

Here is the link...

https://www.chase.com/ccp/index.jsp?pg_name=ccpmapp/shared/marketing/page/continental_21000_bonus&ID=0000009015

Jimmydr
01-09-2009, 06:49 PM
American has three cards you can get and all three give 25,000 miles each.

the_Jayman
01-09-2009, 07:24 PM
25,000 miles + about 80 or 90 bucks is round trip EWR to POP or 42,500 for First class

I got that debit card . . . DON'T EVER hit the debit button when you use it . . . HIT CREDIT ! ! !

costs the retailer more but not you . . . no miles for debit ! ! !

Trib
02-04-2009, 10:32 PM
25,000 miles + about 80 or 90 bucks is round trip EWR to POP or 42,500 for First class

I got that debit card . . . DON'T EVER hit the debit button when you use it . . . HIT CREDIT ! ! !

costs the retailer more but not you . . . no miles for debit ! ! !

I AGREE. This is what I just booked my trip on but I do have to say continental nailed me for a $98 "reward miles booking fee" but thats better than getting nailed for 15 per bag and no food enroute.

Another added bonus is if you use the card to book continental flights you get bonus miles so you are on your way to the next ticket.

deezl
05-25-2010, 11:06 PM
There's a closed thread on this from about a year ago but with ticket prices seemingly on the rise and with the economy being what it is - and with most preferring to save our money for the destination rather than the flight - thought it could do with a repost (and some additions).

Open a checking account with Chase and get the Continental debit card, and add either direct deposit or make 5 purchases within the first 2 months or so (the only stipulation) and get 25,000 FF miles. Double miles on any Continental flight booked through the site and paid for with the card and 1 mile per dollar spent anywhere else (as long as you choose 'credit' and not 'debit' - sign for it, don't punch in your PIN! - this also goes for those first 5 purchases). They also have shopping partners where if you purchase at any partner through the continental site (partners like best buy, barnes & noble, etc) you can get anywhere from 2miles/$1 to 50miles/$1.

http://www.continental.com/web/en-US/content/products/chase/continental.aspx?offer=OP25&MKID=6NKM

Also, you can open a Continental Chase Business account with $500, get a debit card through that - and get another 25k miles.

There's a $25 annual charge for the card if you want to get 1 mile per $2 spent and a $65 annual charge for 1mile to the dollar. whichever you choose you still get the full 25k miles for opening the account.

the kicker is that you can do this every year. Close the accounts whenever you like, open up new accounts in the next calendar year and get another 25-50k miles.

joeysterr
05-25-2010, 11:20 PM
There's a closed thread on this from about a year ago but with ticket prices seemingly on the rise and with the economy being what it is - and with most preferring to save our money for the destination rather than the flight - thought it could do with a repost (and some additions).

Open a checking account with Chase and get the Continental debit card, and add either direct deposit or make 5 purchases within the first 2 months or so (the only stipulation) and get 25,000 FF miles. Double miles on any Continental flight booked through the site and paid for with the card and 1 mile per dollar spent anywhere else (as long as you choose 'credit' and not 'debit' - sign for it, don't punch in your PIN! - this also goes for those first 5 purchases). They also have shopping partners where if you purchase at any partner through the continental site (partners like best buy, barnes & noble, etc) you can get anywhere from 2miles/$1 to 50miles/$1.

http://www.continental.com/web/en-US/content/products/chase/continental.aspx?offer=OP25&MKID=6NKM

Also, you can open a Continental Chase Business account with $500, get a debit card through that - and get another 25k miles.

There's a $25 annual charge for the card if you want to get 1 mile per $2 spent and a $65 annual charge for 1mile to the dollar. whichever you choose you still get the full 25k miles for opening the account.

the kicker is that you can do this every year. Close the accounts whenever you like, open up new accounts in the next calendar year and get another 25-50k miles.

I have read and re-read the ad on the website but it never looked so much attractive then here, thanks deezl.:thumbsup2:

Malo
05-26-2010, 10:06 AM
I just got mine last week.

jacknback
05-26-2010, 07:52 PM
But how many miles do you need to get a round trip??

mikelodge
05-26-2010, 08:27 PM

If you already have a Chase savings account with a checking attached like I do then you don't qualify. They said you can't convert existing accounts.

Also to do it again next year you would have to close this one soon and hope they still offer the program next year then take another credit bureau inquiry on your credit report to start up a new one. :eek:

Good deal for someone new to Chase.

mikelodge
05-26-2010, 08:31 PM

Jack it varies but domestic starts at 25k round trip and up depending on routes and times and a million other things just like every airlines mileage programs. They blackout dates or when they say they don't they double the miles needed on those dates saying Economy is not available but you can get Business for double ect.

deezl
05-26-2010, 10:18 PM
If you already have a Chase savings account with a checking attached like I do then you don't qualify. They said you can't convert existing accounts.

Also to do it again next year you would have to close this one soon and hope they still offer the program next year then take another credit bureau inquiry on your credit report to start up a new one. :eek:

Good deal for someone new to Chase.

true, but you could technically close your existing account and open a new one tomorrow, if you consider it worth the effort.

also, this promotion has been entended consistently for at least the last three years. technically, you don't have to close the account before the promotion says it ends (end of june iirc) because the terms of the promotion dictate that you can take advantage of it once per calender year. many posters on the flyertalk forums have done just that - closed accounts at the end of the year, opened new ones at the beginning of the next - and gotten full credit on the miles.

joeysterr
05-26-2010, 10:22 PM
true, but you could technically close your existing account and open a new one tomorrow, if you consider it worth the effort.

also, this promotion has been entended consistently for at least the last three years. technically, you don't have to close the account before the promotion says it ends (end of june iirc) because the terms of the promotion dictate that you can take advantage of it once per calender year. many posters on the flyertalk forums have done just that - closed accounts at the end of the year, opened new ones at the beginning of the next - and gotten full credit on the miles.

QUADRUPLE THANK YOU!!!!!!

joeysterr
05-26-2010, 10:23 PM
I only fly continental when it comes to DR so you have no idea how much advantage this is to me:iconTU:

deezl
05-26-2010, 10:32 PM
Jack it varies but domestic starts at 25k round trip and up depending on routes and times and a million other things just like every airlines mileage programs. They blackout dates or when they say they don't they double the miles needed on those dates saying Economy is not available but you can get Business for double ect.

domestic actually starts at 20k but those 'saverpass' seats can be extremely limited depending on the route. the newark-puerto plata route, though, is very open. you can fly just about any day for the minimum 35k r/t.

http://www.continental.com/web/en-US/apps/onepass/rewards/travel/rewardTravel.aspx

the_Jayman
05-26-2010, 10:51 PM

a couple/few trips back I did RT EWR to POP for 47,000 FFM + like $60 or 80 ? US for taxes

First Classsssss . . . a waste of miles I know but fun as all fuckin hell ! !

Memosa's before the cattle car boarded . . .

mikelodge
05-26-2010, 10:58 PM

I do not doubt you could do that IF they offer the program again. Every program since recorded time has ended at some point. Citi Bank had credit cards for American Airlines that unlike most all airlines where it is only for first time cardholders let you get them and earn the intro miles then cancel and do it over again for over a year then they finally wised up and now it is just one time. This was posted about last year and I remember Jimmy and I both posted about Citicards.

The biggest concerns I would have is that I have had the same Chase checking account for over 10 years combined with credit cards and a line of credit I don't use much anymore. I would not want to cancel an open account of that length that is a huge factor in a Very Very high credit score. 10 plus years with the same credit cards for personal and business is rare now a days.

Also everytime you open an account an inquiry to check your credit which is mandatory lowers your score. I open a credit card or two every year just for the promotion and then cancel them after I get the hotel points or miles but I won't close this one.

As I stated it is a Great Deal for people New to Chase.

mikelodge
05-26-2010, 11:01 PM
domestic actually starts at 20k but those 'saverpass' seats can be extremely limited depending on the route. the newark-puerto plata route, though, is very open. you can fly just about any day for the minimum 35k r/t.

http://www.continental.com/web/en-US/apps/onepass/rewards/travel/rewardTravel.aspx

American has flights right now this summer for 25k miles to POP same as I got last year going for Halloween and they are 35k the other half of the year during the more desirable peak travel time.

mikelodge
05-26-2010, 11:09 PM
a couple/few trips back I did RT EWR to POP for 47,000 FFM + like $60 or 80 ? US for taxes

First Classsssss . . . a waste of miles I know but fun as all fuckin hell ! !

Memosa's before the cattle car boarded . . .

I am with ya on that one my fellow distilled beverage lover. I have posted many times that the upgrade to first if it is $135 like on American when I fly to Miami many times a year or to the west coast it is worth it if it's in the afternoon or evening when you are ready to drink.

One more time for the new guys-- Think $135 and you get on first and start drinking free. Some airport bars charge $10-15 for a decent drink and even a beer is $7 or $8 bucks so if you have only 5 or 6 drinks on the plane instead of the bar in the airport you save between 50-75 bucks then get a meal that would cost you $15 and a wide seat and leg room and get to get off the plane first.

You also get access flying 1st class to the Airline lounge like the Admirals Club or Sky Club if you don't already have that with a credit card or membership. For pre flight drinks and snacks.

NOW if it was Jayman and I heading to Brazil we would have time to get in 15-20 drinks each before a power nap :rofl:

That sound good to me.

joeysterr
06-03-2010, 12:14 PM
I just got mine last week.

Damn. I'm on the starting block right now to buy 3 FLIGHTS for the summer and I'm being held back, I'm dying here waiting for that damn card to arrive!!!:mad:
Which just builds up the excitation, and with the trip reports on the boards now and all I'M DYING!!!!!!!

joeysterr
06-03-2010, 01:03 PM

I'm asking this to Mikelodge or you deezl or anyone else matter of fact, is there any consequences on closing and opening an account every year like that? credit? trust from the bank?? hurting the branch??

I opened my Continental account last weekend but had opened and closed another regular one with them earlier this year on some unrelated business:321: when I told this to the manager I could see her face change like "he's a serial account closer and he doesn't give a fuck" lol and then she told me that if there's a problem with them and I get mad or something to come and talk to her......

Should I anticipate opening an account in different branches every year?

deezl
06-03-2010, 01:17 PM
Damn. I'm on the starting block right now to buy 3 FLIGHTS for the summer and I'm being held back, I'm dying here waiting for that damn card to arrive!!!:mad:
Which just builds up the excitation, and with the trip reports on the boards now and all I'M DYING!!!!!!!

Just make sure that when you have the card activated that it's linked to the OnePass account you already have, otherwise they just create a brand new account for you.

deezl
06-03-2010, 01:38 PM
I'm asking this to Mikelodge or you deezl or anyone else matter of fact, is there any consequences on closing and opening an account every year like that? credit? trust from the bank?? hurting the branch??

I opened my Continental account last weekend but had opened and closed another regular one with them earlier this year on some unrelated business:321: when I told this to the manager I could see her face change like "he's a serial account closer and he doesn't give a fuck" lol and then she told me that if there's a problem with them and I get mad or something to come and talk to her......

Should I anticipate opening an account in different branches every year?

In general, most banks either run a soft inquiry (does not affect your credit in any way) or use ChexSystems which only checks if you have outstanding balances with other banks. The only check that can affect your credit rating is a hard inquiry, but I don't think any banks do those for opening an account. If it's a concern, just ask the bank what their policy is. AFAIK, Chase just runs a ChexSystems report.

Before closing the account/s at the end of the year (assuming the intent is to reopen it to get more bonus mileage) you should probably check to see if they are continuing the program. With the United merger things may change.

mikelodge
06-03-2010, 11:59 PM
In general, most banks either run a soft inquiry (does not affect your credit in any way) or use ChexSystems which only checks if you have outstanding balances with other banks. The only check that can affect your credit rating is a hard inquiry, but I don't think any banks do those for opening an account. If it's a concern, just ask the bank what their policy is. AFAIK, Chase just runs a ChexSystems report.

Before closing the account/s at the end of the year (assuming the intent is to reopen it to get more bonus mileage) you should probably check to see if they are continuing the program. With the United merger things may change.

Many banks when you are opening an account with a debit card DO a hard hit on your credit report. This is done for several reasons. Mainly they want to push the programs they have like a line of credit to prevent bad check which can be called many things from Credit Cushion to Back up Prevention to Overdraft Protection ect. These are all extensions of credit and they want to know about you before they offer them so they Ping you credit bureaus.

Experian, Equifax and Trans Union are usually the three that get hit the most to check on you. Who cares about what the bank makes or thinks but you don't want to many inquiries if you ever may need to borrow money or get more credit.

If retired, or financially set for life and will never borrow again it doesn't matter.

My biggest complaint is I have banked with Chase Business wise for over 15 years and every time they have offers at least half of them get fucked up and I have to spend 50 days and hours to try to get the reward I was supposed to get many months later after many letters of complaint.

Like someone posted make sure it goes to your One Pass account and sometimes you think it will and they start you a new one. Good luck on getting those merged it is a pain like a civil suit.

joeysterr
06-06-2010, 02:44 PM

DONE!:D

And now tomorrow, ditto with the business account(deposit of $500)

:iconTU::iconTU: I'm loving it...

ROVER
06-06-2010, 03:21 PM
Did anybody read the fine print on the bottom of this offer ??? :confused:

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

1 Offer valid through June 30, 2010. To qualify for the reward you must open a new Chase BusinessClassicSM Checking account and deposit a minimum of $500 or more into your new business checking account within 30 days of account opening with funds not currently on deposit with Chase or any of its affiliates. Account opening and award of premium are subject to approval. This bonus mile offer is not available to customers with an existing Chase checking account. Limit one business checking account-related premium per customer per calendar year. Chase reserves the right to withdraw this offer at any time without notice. Attempts to earn multiple premiums may be voided by Chase, at its discretion. Offer not available on account conversions or in combination with any other offer and is non-transferable. Employees of JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. and our affiliates are not eligible. Initial 10,000 bonus miles will be deposited in your OnePassŪ account 6-10 weeks after the initial $500 in deposits have posted to the new account. Chase BusinessClassicSM Checking is available only at Chase branded branches.

2. The second 15,000 bonus OnePass mile award will be credited to your OnePass account after the fifth qualifying purchase is made. Please allow 6-10 weeks after your first qualifying purchase for bonus OnePass miles to post to your OnePass account. This bonus mile offer is not available to customers with an existing Chase checking account. Limit one 15,000 bonus OnePass miles premium per customer per calendar year. Chase reserves the right to withdraw this offer at any time without notice. Attempts to earn multiple premiums will be voided by Chase.

I do this every year but never tried for both the personal and business bonus because I thought this fine print prohibits it.

It will be interesting to see if you get it Joeysterr. GOOD LUCK and Keep us informed.

joeysterr
06-06-2010, 03:36 PM
https://www.chase.com/ccp/index.jsp?pg_name=ccpmapp/shared/marketing/page/Continental_Business_9898

Shit! Those fine prints made it pretty clear that it is NOT possible:( Waiting for deezl to chime in on this...

deezl
06-06-2010, 03:46 PM
I do this every year but never tried for both the personal and business bonus because I thought this fine print prohibits it.

It will be interesting to see if you get it Joeysterr. GOOD LUCK and Keep us informed.

The fine print prohibits you from getting the bonus for multiple accounts of the same type. You get the bonus for one personal account and another bonus for one business account (I've done it), you just can't open three personal accounts and get multiple bonuses.

joeysterr
06-06-2010, 03:54 PM

I will definitely post a 'trip report' when it's done :thumbsup2:

Jimmydr
06-06-2010, 04:01 PM
I just got another Amex and a Contential Card.

dunedain
06-06-2010, 04:30 PM
:smile:Good info here, thanks fellas!!

mikelodge
06-08-2010, 02:16 AM

Best deal is the Amex Platinum Card if you travel alot. Between the ViP access and the miles bumps and extra promos it is a no brainer for 4 bills or less.

papi_sosua
06-08-2010, 05:52 PM
Recommended sources for CC churning are, for example, www.flyertalk.com and www.frugaltravelguy.com.

I have added 235k airline miles over the last six months to DL, AA, US, and BA.

Jimmydr
06-08-2010, 05:52 PM
Recommended sources for CC churning are, for example, www.flyertalk.com (http://www.flyertalk.com) and www.frugaltravelguy.com (http://www.frugaltravelguy.com).

I only add about 100,000 a year.

papi_sosua
06-08-2010, 06:31 PM
You are talking about chicas, miles, or chica mileage? :)

I only add about 100,000 a year.

Jimmydr
06-08-2010, 06:59 PM
You are talking about chicas, miles, or chica mileage? :)

Miles on airline programs.

mikelodge
06-08-2010, 10:21 PM
Recommended sources for CC churning are, for example, www.flyertalk.com (http://www.flyertalk.com) and www.frugaltravelguy.com (http://www.frugaltravelguy.com).

This can be done if you are new to each airline and their respective credit card but you will find that those bonus miles are for first time card holders only. American was the last to change that loophole with Citibank when many of us earned a bucket full of miles.

I remember both Jimmy and I posting about American miles in the past.

Whether Continental with Chase will renew their debit card offer is unknown.

All we can do is keep sharing info and passing along the best deals we find.

Perahps in light of recent events BP will issue a Gas Credit Card soon with a very attractive offer to earn business back. That is my prediction.

papi_sosua
06-08-2010, 11:04 PM
Mike,

I agree, w/ qualifiers, to your response.
So, unfortunately that means for us, you and I, another missed chance to go at it. Could you please aim for a more controversial response in the future?

Respectfully, your's...

This can be done if you are new to each airline and their respective credit card but you will find that those bonus miles are for first time card holders only. American was the last to change that loophole with Citibank when many of us earned a bucket full of miles.

I remember both Jimmy and I posting about American miles in the past.

Whether Continental with Chase will renew their debit card offer is unknown.

All we can do is keep sharing info and passing along the best deals we find.

Perahps in light of recent events BP will issue a Gas Credit Card soon with a very attractive offer to earn business back. That is my prediction.

mikelodge
06-08-2010, 11:51 PM
Mike,

I agree, w/ qualifiers, to your response.
So, unfortunately that means for us, you and I, another missed chance to go at it. Could you please aim for a more controversial response in the future?

Respectfully, your's...

More controversial well how about all flight attendants should be weighed like at Hooters and if someone earned Frequent Flyer Miles enough for a trip that they should get a lap dance from their choice of attendant.

So is that controversial enough :rofl: Oh and on my Flying Cloud airlines I would offer an AI option on drinks. :lol:

ROVER
06-09-2010, 02:30 PM
UPDATE

I went today to Chase to open the business account. Now mind you I already have the personal checking and received the mileage for that.

Unlike the personal account you can not opt for the $25 debit card your only option is the $65 debit card. For me the 15,000 miles were not worth the $65 but this was a personal decision so I opted to open the BuisnessClassic Checking account which is necessary to snag the 10,000 bonus miles.

Once I decided to do this I began to asking about the hidden fees for this account. I found out there was an $18/month fee on the account that could only be waived by meeting one of the following conditions below :

1FREE Checking means no monthly service fee and includes up to 200 transactions per month on a Chase BusinessClassicSM Checking or Chase BusinessClassicSM Checking with Interest account. Other fees may apply. Requirements are either: (a) when 5 or more debit card purchases are posted to your checking account each statement period (withdrawals from the ATM or cash advance transactions do not apply); (b) linking the checking account to a Chase Business Credit Card which balance must exceed $0 at least once during the current checking account statement cycle and must not be delinquent, closed, charged off, or revoked; (c) linking the checking account to a Chase PremierSM or Chase Premier Platinum CheckingSM personal checking account; or (d) maintain a monthly average balance of $5,000 to $7,500 (depending on region) in the checking account. All accounts are subject to approval. https://www.chase.com/images/newchaseimg/spacer.gif

So unless I apply for and use their credit card every month or I maintain a $7,500 balance in this account which I do not want to do or I use their debit card every month ( which I will then be loosing out on other miles) I will get an $18 fee for that month.

I just want anyone that is considering this offer to be aware of the fine print so they can do what is necessary to not get snagged with any fee's.

For me its just to high maintenance.

To bad ...:mad: It's getting harder and harder to get those free miles.. :(

joeysterr
06-09-2010, 07:18 PM
Thanks for keeping us updated ROVER.

They asked me for a Tax ID #, which I am in the process of getting. I takes a few minutes but I want to make sure that it won't interfere with any of my other personal businesses.

I know those fine print by heart by now lol and for me it is doable. The only thing that bothers me is that I already selected the 'preferred' debit card at $65 so now I will have two of them. Oh well. 50,000 miles.....CHA-CHING!!!!!

ROVER
06-09-2010, 07:23 PM
You don't need a tax I.D. #. Just tell them it is a sole proprietor business and you can use your own Social Security number.

papi_sosua
06-09-2010, 07:53 PM
Excellent deal for me was to get a Chase British Airways Visa w/ 100k miles for a $3k spent in the initial 3 mo. Annual fee: $85. But 100k miles buys me three RT tickets on AA to POP :) Of course, the card will be out-the-window at the annual renewal date.

Also, was able to use 95k mi. on USAirways (which cost me on the order of $500; incl. card fees to accumulate), to buy two separate trips to Germany in Nov and Feb. FKK here I cum again...

Best deal is the Amex Platinum Card if you travel alot. Between the ViP access and the miles bumps and extra promos it is a no brainer for 4 bills or less.

mikelodge
06-10-2010, 12:08 AM
You don't need a tax I.D. #. Just tell them it is a sole proprietor business and you can use your own Social Security number.

Some banks don't allow sole proprietors to have a some business accounts unless they have a Tax Id #. Most all legitimate businesses need to have one to buy things tax exempt and deal with certain vendors or suppliers that require it. You still can be a sole proprietor under Sub S Corp standards while still limiting all the liability. Enough legal lesson.

Also remember if you have a tax Id # the IRS knows about it so you need to file a return with them or flag it as dormant.

mikelodge
06-10-2010, 12:11 AM
UPDATE

I went today to Chase to open the business account. Now mind you I already have the personal checking and received the mileage for that.

Unlike the personal account you can not opt for the $25 debit card your only option is the $65 debit card. For me the 15,000 miles were not worth the $65 but this was a personal decision so I opted to open the BuisnessClassic Checking account which is necessary to snag the 10,000 bonus miles.

Once I decided to do this I began to asking about the hidden fees for this account. I found out there was an $18/month fee on the account that could only be waived by meeting one of the following conditions below :

1FREE Checking means no monthly service fee and includes up to 200 transactions per month on a Chase BusinessClassicSM Checking or Chase BusinessClassicSM Checking with Interest account. Other fees may apply. Requirements are either: (a) when 5 or more debit card purchases are posted to your checking account each statement period (withdrawals from the ATM or cash advance transactions do not apply); (b) linking the checking account to a Chase Business Credit Card which balance must exceed $0 at least once during the current checking account statement cycle and must not be delinquent, closed, charged off, or revoked; (c) linking the checking account to a Chase PremierSM or Chase Premier Platinum CheckingSM personal checking account; or (d) maintain a monthly average balance of $5,000 to $7,500 (depending on region) in the checking account. All accounts are subject to approval. Click to see pic (https://www.chase.com/images/newchaseimg/spacer.gif)

So unless I apply for and use their credit card every month or I maintain a $7,500 balance in this account which I do not want to do or I use their debit card every month ( which I will then be loosing out on other miles) I will get an $18 fee for that month.

I just want anyone that is considering this offer to be aware of the fine print so they can do what is necessary to not get snagged with any fee's.

For me its just to high maintenance.

To bad ...:mad: It's getting harder and harder to get those free miles.. :(

I agree that I don't like high Maintenance either like all the crap in the last part but how do you figure 15000 miles isn't worth $65??? A ticket costs at least $300 for 25,000 miles :confused:

joeysterr
06-18-2010, 10:03 AM
DONE!:D

And now tomorrow, ditto with the business account(deposit of $500)

:iconTU::iconTU: I'm loving it...

UPDATE

It is done too:smile:
(since last week, debit card should be in tomorrow I was just waiting on them to update my OnePass number on the business account, done)

I have followed deezl's lead and I now have the Continental business account.

As it was posted earlier I think the fine prints are not accurate, deezl did it and tons of flyertalkers(forum) did it too. It should have been written "This bonus mile offer is not available to customers with an existing Chase business checking account." when it came for the business account because that is what I've got from 3 out 5 Chase telephone reps. The other 2 just didn't know and directed to branch.

At the branch the business rep specialist didn't even questioned the fine print as he knew this was not a consumer account but a whole new business account and proceed with the opening of my other Continental checking account, business in this case.

The first time I went thru there they asked me for my Tax ID#. This is was my case your experience may vary, and even when I told them I have a sole proprietor business. Followed deezl's advices again thank you and then when applying for my Tax ID I filled it as a 'sole proprietor business', thank you for that ROVER I'd have been lost on what type of business I should choose at this point, then I went went back...

...and VOILA! I have e-receipts from both account(consumer and business) saying that in up to 8 weeks since I've received them the 50,000 miles will be posted on my OnePass account!!!!!

It's a great day!:wink:

joeysterr
06-18-2010, 10:11 AM
Some banks don't allow sole proprietors to have a some business accounts unless they have a Tax Id #. Most all legitimate businesses need to have one to buy things tax exempt and deal with certain vendors or suppliers that require it. You still can be a sole proprietor under Sub S Corp standards while still limiting all the liability. Enough legal lesson.

Also remember if you have a tax Id # the IRS knows about it so you need to file a return with them or flag it as dormant.

Again thank you Mikelodge for the advices via PM about that.

joeysterr
12-12-2010, 05:31 AM
bump

With DEEZL's thread and the reference to flyertalk.com I racked up this year 105,797 bonus miles and 21,216 qualifying miles Continental.......and counting!!!! and also 86,359 American Airlines Miles :D Allllll of those miles were done with sponsored airline checking account, airline credit cards, double,triple,quadruple miles to a dollar shopping tips and tricks and not even the actual traveling counts for much in those miles.

ROVER
12-12-2010, 03:28 PM
20,000 Spirit

27,000 American

15,000 Delta

60,000 Continental ............ I wound up applying for the Business card too.

10,000 United

2,000 US Airways

May we all have a repeat performance in 2011. :thumbsup2:

deezl
01-10-2011, 08:40 PM
FYI, Continental/Chase did not renew the promotion this year, likely due to the merger.

New account promo is now for a measly 2,500 miles.

Boo!

henley100
01-11-2011, 07:39 PM
Deezl, you and I were running down the same dream. I got very excited for about ten minutes, then saw that the promotion was over.

Jimmydr
01-11-2011, 07:40 PM
FYI, Continental/Chase did not renew the promotion this year, likely due to the merger.

Boo!

I got something for 15,000 miles and took it.

Revolutionrock77
01-11-2011, 09:31 PM
I use the Continental Chase card to buy groceries at Shop Rite where they have a special deal. Little by little, using that card to buy all the groceries, pay the cell phone and cable, those miles start to add up.

PapiQueRico
01-11-2011, 10:17 PM
I use the Continental Chase card to buy groceries at Shop Rite where they have a special deal. Little by little, using that card to buy all the groceries, pay the cell phone and cable, those miles start to add up.

Yeah, if you have their customer card and use the Chase CC you get three miles for every dollar spent at Shop Rite.

joeysterr
01-12-2011, 01:15 AM

Boo!

United/Chase did for a measly 10,000 bonus miles! The offer is there but it's not ready yet, what I mean by that is that the promotion code says "system error". However by Jan 1st 2012 both Continental and United frequent flier miles will be merged. If you're a Continental Airlines aficionado every offer from United should not be neglected.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/155734d2d479358c11.png
https://www.chase.com/ccp/index.jsp?pg_name=ccpmapp/shared/marketing/page/021511_149631_united_10k

Just giving a heads up:wink:

deezl
04-13-2011, 12:04 PM
As of July 12 the Chase Continental debit cards will no longer earn miles.

Wouldn't be surprised if all other banks followed suit with their debit cards. Looks like the ride is over.

If you were planning on making any big mileage-earning debit card purchases, better not wait too long.

brovo35
04-13-2011, 12:14 PM
As of July 12 the Chase Continental debit cards will no longer earn miles.

Wouldn't be surprised if all other banks followed suit with their debit cards. Looks like the ride is over.

If you were planning on making any big mileage-earning debit card purchases, better not wait too long.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/03/23/earlyshow/living/money/main20046183.shtml

Dave Diaz
08-06-2011, 02:00 PM
United/Chase did for a measly 10,000 bonus miles! The offer is there but it's not ready yet, what I mean by that is that the promotion code says "system error". However by Jan 1st 2012 both Continental and United frequent flier miles will be merged. If you're a Continental Airlines aficionado every offer from United should not be neglected.

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/155734d2d479358c11.png)
https://www.chase.com/ccp/index.jsp?pg_name=ccpmapp/shared/marketing/page/021511_149631_united_10k

Just giving a heads up:wink:

United after I make my one pass run.

papi_sosua
08-06-2011, 03:10 PM
I recently got a Chase Continental CC w/ 50k miles after first purchase.
Also, my last 8 RTs to POP have cost me about $1,000 combined. Everything else was covered by FF miles accumulated thru various CC promotions.

Gotta work the system...don't allow the system to work you!

United after I make my one pass run.

Dave Diaz
08-06-2011, 09:25 PM
I recently got a Chase Continental CC w/ 50k miles after first purchase.
Also, my last 8 RTs to POP have cost me about $1,000 combined. Everything else was covered by FF miles accumulated thru various CC promotions.

Gotta work the system...don't allow the system to work you!

I'm waiting for them to make me an offer 50k and up. Have my dreams set on 100k but ill go for cheaper. I am looking at the FF thread and I see that they only have targeted ones for 50k right now :( but Congrats on your success in getting one :corky:

THATS A GREAT DEALLLL thats where I want to beee :rofl::rofl:

jim15687
10-27-2011, 03:22 PM
just a additional item make sure if any have United miles to combine your accounts so miles merge together.i believe this starts in dec 2011,to merge accounts

Dave Diaz
10-27-2011, 03:30 PM
just a additional item make sure if any have United miles to combine your accounts so miles merge together.i believe this starts in dec 2011,to merge accounts

I believe I got an email telling me I could already merge them, or transfer miles from one to the other but I believe the merger will automatically lead them to combine accounts after dec 2011.

I'm trying to get the co credit card and the united card so I can get the bonus miles for each one and when its consolidated ill have double. 30k each card I think is the offer so I hope to make out with 60k.

Rest in peace to the debit card chase had :( I'm sure that was a hell of a deal to have that card.

Rubicon
10-27-2011, 05:26 PM
I believe I got an email telling me I could already merge them, or transfer miles from one to the other but I believe the merger will automatically lead them to combine accounts after dec 2011.

Same here.

deezl
10-28-2011, 01:11 PM

I'm trying to get the co credit card and the united card so I can get the bonus miles for each one and when its consolidated ill have double. 30k each card I think is the offer so I hope to make out with 60k.

Rest in peace to the debit card chase had :( I'm sure that was a hell of a deal to have that card.

Check the terms & conditions or call Chase, there's language in the t&c suggesting that you can only get one bonus through Chase cards. If you apply for both United & Continental you're just going to take an unnecessary credit hit for nothing.

There's mention on Flyertalk that they changed the t&c in July so if you got one card before then you should be good, but applying for both now is pointless.

Dave Diaz
10-28-2011, 03:09 PM
Check the terms & conditions or call Chase, there's language in the t&c suggesting that you can only get one bonus through Chase cards. If you apply for both United & Continental you're just going to take an unnecessary credit hit for nothing.

There's mention on Flyertalk that they changed the t&c in July so if you got one card before then you should be good, but applying for both now is pointless.

Thank you godfather! I recently applied for the co card and got denied, too many applications ina. Short period. But now that I see I can't get both from what u said I'm just going to leave the co card alone and get the united one when the time is right instead. Saved me a credit hit with that one amigo thank youuu cuz I thought I had a master plan cooked up with that one

Dvdmdz
11-04-2011, 01:06 PM
Thank you godfather! I recently applied for the co card and got denied, too many applications ina. Short period. But now that I see I can't get both from what u said I'm just going to leave the co card alone and get the united one when the time is right instead. Saved me a credit hit with that one amigo thank youuu cuz I thought I had a master plan cooked up with that one
For members who already have the chase continental one pass credit card in the nyc area , theres a promotion goin on on right now. If u suscribe to energ plus as your energy / electric / gas company and pay your monthly utility bill you get bonus upto 1250 miles plus earn additional 3 miles per dollar spent on utility bill

deezl
11-04-2011, 01:53 PM
For members who already have the chase continental one pass credit card in the nyc area , theres a promotion goin on on right now. If u suscribe to energ plus as your energy / electric / gas company and pay your monthly utility bill you get bonus upto 1250 miles plus earn additional 3 miles per dollar spent on utility bill

definitely do your homework before switching, I've read a lot of horror stories about energy plus.

ROVER
11-04-2011, 03:44 PM
I did this about a year ago and cancelled.

The deal when I did it was 5,000 miles for switching and an extra 2,500 if you were a card member plus the 3 miles/dollar/month spent.

They didn't pony up with all the miles when they were supposed to but after 2 calls I got them all.

The rate I was paying with them for my electric was about 25% higher than Con Ed was charging me so after a year I switched back.

I guess its worth while if you need the miles to top off to get an award ticket but other than that its nothing to get really excited about.

Dave Diaz
07-07-2014, 12:18 AM

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

The Golden Mile Era :love::love::love::ilike:

Can't believe they were giving out 25k bonus offers on debit cards. Looking back at that now and all I can say is where the F*** was I and what was I doing??!!

I have read and re-read the ad on the website but it never looked so much attractive then here, thanks deezl.:thumbsup2:

Indeed!!

We were so young in this thread with our mile whoring ways :( To have been in this from 2007 on i think i'd be retired in 2014 :rofl: i'd have Million Miler status.

What an incredible offer. I remember they had those netflix and other partner offers too that were all churnable after a certain amount of time. Not to mention the great Credit card offers.

At the end of this thread I was begging and praying for the CO One Pass CC and I actually ended up getting that 60k after my initial rejection :corky:

Damn...Memory Lane Memory Lanee.... :o

JDR
12-13-2014, 08:48 PM
So the fee came due on my American Airlines Citi Card so I called to cancell and they said they would credit me back the $90 fee and for the next 18 months, if I charge at least $1,000 in a month, I will get another 1,000 miles.

So I accepted.

I then went on to cancel my Chase marriott card and they said if I make 15 transactions, I get a bonus 5,000 miles, so I accepted.

Dave Diaz
12-14-2014, 12:01 AM
So the fee came due on my American Airlines Citi Card so I called to cancell and they said they would credit me back the $90 fee and for the next 18 months, if I charge at least $1,000 in a month, I will get another 1,000 miles.

So I accepted.

I then went on to cancel my Chase marriott card and they said if I make 15 transactions, I get a bonus 5,000 miles, so I accepted.

getting the waive on the fee is nice. the 1000 miles for every 1000 you spend in a month is nothing though, did they act like they were giving you something? you'll make 2000 miles off the 1000 spend in the month assuming its just regular purchases you make.

I'd entertain the idea of going for the newest citi aa card. For some reason i think every card is different and they have like 18 different versions so assuming you don't apply for the one you already have I can imagine that you would be eligible for the bonus. If that assumption is correct I got a better way for you to spend $3000 in 3 months.

you would get 53,000 aa miles off it. Plus all the other perks that come with the card itself, including a $100 credit every year on AA airfare. 10% rebate on redeemed miles plus 2 admirals club day passes.

Yeah I dont know that seems like a much better deal to spend 3,000 in 3 months.

I like the 15 transactions if there is no limit you can buy a candy bar and a soda every day for 15 days and get 5,000 marriott points for a grand total of what...30 bucks? :ilike:

JDR
12-14-2014, 09:24 AM
I like the 15 transactions if there is no limit you can buy a candy bar and a soda every day for 15 days and get 5,000 marriott points for a grand total of what...30 bucks? :ilike:

There is no minimum. I bought a $1 hamburger at McDonalds.

JDR
12-14-2014, 11:31 AM
I'd entertain the idea of going for the newest citi aa card. For some reason i think every card is different and they have like 18 different versions so assuming you don't apply for the one you already have I can imagine that you would be eligible for the bonus. If that assumption is correct I got a better way for you to spend $3000 in 3 months.

you would get 53,000 aa miles off it. Plus all the other perks that come with the card itself, including a $100 credit every year on AA airfare. 10% rebate on redeemed miles plus 2 admirals club day passes.

Got that one as well, paid for site and I have my $3,000 in charges.

Dave Diaz
12-14-2014, 12:48 PM
Got that one as well, paid for site and I have my $3,000 in charges.

JDR ON THE ATTACK!! :ilike: If you could lower your standards for a trip and fly business instead of first class you'd be flying over for a cool 100k AA miles RT.

JDR
12-14-2014, 12:53 PM
JDR ON THE ATTACK!! :ilike: If you could lower your standards for a trip and fly business instead of first class you'd be flying over for a cool 100k AA miles RT.

Sorry but First Class is the way to go. Its not like I would do 20 trips to Asia.

3 maybe 4 in my lifetime.

JDR
12-14-2014, 05:48 PM
Get 50,000 bonus points
after you spend $1,000 on purchases in
the first 3 months from account opening.
This bonus offer is available to you as
long as you have not received a new
cardmember bonus for this product in
the past 24 months.*