PDA

View Full Version : More tourists in Sosúa

ROVER
06-01-2010, 03:30 PM
From Sosua News

More tourists in Sosúa

The problems in Jamaica and Thailand caused many tourists to search for safer places to spend their holidays. One of these alternative places appears to be the Dominican Republic. Every day a few extra airplanes arrive at the airport of Puerto Plata.

http://www.sosuanews.com/news_pictures/2010/05/05-31_jamaica.jpg (http://www.sosuanews.com/news_pictures/2010/05/05-31_jamaica.jpg) Jamaica

The tourists arriving on these planes mainly go to Playa Dorada. Only a small part of them goes to the hotels in Cabarete and Sosúa. It is low season for the tourism branch and many employees of the hotels are now (temporarily) unemployed. But because of this windfall gain there is a bit more activity in Sosúa. But because they think it's just a temporary revival, no additional employees a hired and thus this will not result in more employment. Moreover, the new guests stay mainly within the resorts. So the entrepreneurs of the shops and bars and restaurants will not benefit of this revival.

So the chicas I guess are not benefiting by this either :o

whynotme
06-01-2010, 05:33 PM
that and the lower prices also help even though a ai in cuba is still cheaper because of the taxes

SeaWeed
06-01-2010, 06:08 PM
the AI's know the game pretty well and usually can't be beat when it comes to all inclusive pricing.......
which includes for one price your room, all your food and drinks, entertainment, sometimes water-sports, etc........
so the little mom and pop establishments in the Caribbean are taken more and more of a beaten every month in the Caribbean......
if it wasn't for the true travelers and mongers/cougars most of these smaller establishments would be out of business......
including some Prostitutes, vendors, taxis, etc etc

steviewonder
06-01-2010, 06:49 PM
Monday night in Sosua was very slow. Rumba had more staff then
customers :icontd: and El Flow’s still only getting 50 % of the people there that actually drink. The rest are waiting for tourist that are just not knocking down the doors right now or anything else. :quicky2:One would think it’s time for these places to raise their prices, and possibly charge to get in.:eek:
Didn't get up into Classico but I did see some large numbers of Gringos/Visitors heading toward that direction.:)

LJDMV
06-01-2010, 07:18 PM
I heard it was crowded in Sosua this past weekend> I guess everyone is hanging around at Classicos at night.

joeysterr
06-01-2010, 09:04 PM
Monday night in Sosua was very slow. Rumba had more staff then
customers :icontd: and El Flow’s still only getting 50 % of the people there that actually drink. The rest are waiting for tourist that are just not knocking down the doors right now or anything else. :quicky2:One would think it’s time for these places to raise their prices, and possibly charge to get in.:eek:
Didn't get up into Classico but I did see some large numbers of Gringos/Visitors heading toward that direction.:)

I concur, I was there on a Monday last week, shit I even think that was my first time ever being there on a Monday, and man EVERYTHING WAS SLOW!:( From LP to the strip!!
I really have got to review my vacation choice of days during that slow season BS.

officemgr
06-01-2010, 09:20 PM
slow is good. crowded means alot of amateurs around doing stupid things.

steviewonder
06-01-2010, 09:39 PM
There's always the upside:thumbsup2: and downside:icontd: for us guys when it's slow. I find more girls out in the streets during the day looking hard to make deals when it's slow the night before. Picked one up yesterday while heading to POP, sweet thing. Told her I was up for a Cabana and some lunch (3 hrs. max.) she agreed to 500 w/ food and pollo lunch. Can't really shit as she knew I also had to pay the 300 Cabana. She got early action especially not knowing if she would have any that night. The downside of being slow, not many of the top girls hang out early in the week, especially if there is any chance of rain.:eek:

theheights718
06-12-2010, 04:44 PM
From Sosua News

More tourists in Sosúa

The problems in Jamaica and Thailand caused many tourists to search for safer places to spend their holidays. One of these alternative places appears to be the Dominican Republic. Every day a few extra airplanes arrive at the airport of Puerto Plata.

Click to see pic (http://www.sosuanews.com/news_pictures/2010/05/05-31_jamaica.jpg) Jamaica

The tourists arriving on these planes mainly go to Playa Dorada. Only a small part of them goes to the hotels in Cabarete and Sosúa. It is low season for the tourism branch and many employees of the hotels are now (temporarily) unemployed. But because of this windfall gain there is a bit more activity in Sosúa. But because they think it's just a temporary revival, no additional employees a hired and thus this will not result in more employment. Moreover, the new guests stay mainly within the resorts. So the entrepreneurs of the shops and bars and restaurants will not benefit of this revival.

So the chicas I guess are not benefiting by this either :o

Ha ha...I thought that pic was of us mongers in Sosua....lol

Roy
06-24-2010, 01:27 PM
I concur, I was there on a Monday last week, shit I even think that was my first time ever being there on a Monday, and man EVERYTHING WAS SLOW!:( From LP to the strip!! I really have got to review my vacation choice of days during that slow season BS.

Many of the chicas arrive Thurs/Fri night for the weekend surge in the NYC/Northeast crowd to arrive. They pay double (and sometimes more) than the longer term tourists. The chicas discovered they only have to work a couple days on the weekend instead of being out 7/365.

If you go to El Flow about 6PM on Thursday, you'll be amazed how many guys are there with BIG EYES and BIG SMILES ready to throw down for a couple of days and then go back the the grind.