PDA

View Full Version : First Timer going to Sosua 6/10-6-14

Carlos79
06-01-2010, 03:52 PM
So as a newbie, im taking a trip to Puerto Plata with some friends.
I have heard of Passion's.
If anyone can give me acouple of Pointers..advise, Pros' and cons. any type of info.

or anyone have any other spots to check out, i would appreciate it.
I recently joined this forum.

weyland
06-01-2010, 04:33 PM
Carlos, I advise you to subscribe to the Picture Section here, even if only for one month, then read, read, read (and look at pictures). You will save yourself time and money by doing so.

If you ask very general questions like above, no-one is going to answer you. Everything you need to know for a great holiday is here, but you have to put some work in yourself.

imrealareyou
06-01-2010, 04:43 PM
So as a newbie, im taking a trip to Puerto Plata with some friends.
I have heard of Passion's.
If anyone can give me acouple of Pointers..advise, Pros' and cons. any type of info.

or anyone have any other spots to check out, i would appreciate it.
I recently joined this forum.

ill be there those exact dates as well, first time. you following me? lol where you staying at?

if anything you will want to hit sosua. hit the bars, the club named classicos at 11 or 12 or whenever. find some chics, dont pay no more than 2000 for an all night chic, unless you want to but you shoudlnt have to. drink some beers and have fun.

most of the info you can find if you spend a couple hours each night reading. i did that for about 2 weeks and basically got all my info but i didnt need much. just the basics on where to stay, general price of everything, best way to get around, etc.

just got a pm from another guy on here syaing he will be in town for the first time the same dates as me and you. and have 2 others im looking to meet up with so should be good times.

Carlos79
06-02-2010, 09:14 AM
Carlos, I advise you to subscribe to the Picture Section here, even if only for one month, then read, read, read (and look at pictures). You will save yourself time and money by doing so.

If you ask very general questions like above, no-one is going to answer you. Everything you need to know for a great holiday is here, but you have to put some work in yourself.

hmmmmm i know this might be a dumb question, where do i find this picture section to subscribe?

Carlos79
06-02-2010, 09:18 AM
ill be there those exact dates as well, first time. you following me? lol where you staying at?

if anything you will want to hit sosua. hit the bars, the club named classicos at 11 or 12 or whenever. find some chics, dont pay no more than 2000 for an all night chic, unless you want to but you shoudlnt have to. drink some beers and have fun.

most of the info you can find if you spend a couple hours each night reading. i did that for about 2 weeks and basically got all my info but i didnt need much. just the basics on where to stay, general price of everything, best way to get around, etc.

just got a pm from another guy on here syaing he will be in town for the first time the same dates as me and you. and have 2 others im looking to meet up with so should be good times.

well we're staying at the Barcelo Resort by Playa Dorada.
I heard that Sosua is about maybe a 15 min ride in.
So what i heard a lil more is about Passions.
got interested and they got some hot girls in there. so if theres any other spots, if anyone got recommendations.
just wanted to see if theres anything i should be concerned about.
this is my first international trip out of the states,

Malo
06-02-2010, 09:27 AM
hmmmmm i know this might be a dumb question, where do i find this picture section to subscribe?

Go to your user control panel and you will see it there.

Nakom
06-02-2010, 10:31 AM
Start here:

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?t=266278

Carlos79
06-02-2010, 11:37 AM
Start here:

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?t=266278

This is awesome, thanks for the reference. helps alot.

Malo
06-02-2010, 11:39 AM
This is awesome, thanks for the reference. helps alot.

You can read this one next

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?t=270882

Carlos79
06-02-2010, 01:09 PM
You can read this one next

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?t=270882

says i dont have rights to see it... lil help?

stevereds
06-02-2010, 06:53 PM
well we're staying at the Barcelo Resort by Playa Dorada.
I heard that Sosua is about maybe a 15 min ride in.
So what i heard a lil more is about Passions.
got interested and they got some hot girls in there. so if theres any other spots, if anyone got recommendations.
just wanted to see if theres anything i should be concerned about.
this is my first international trip out of the states,

Carlos..welcome.

read lots and lots..AND look at some of my posts about Playa Dorada, I stayed there at Gran Ventana. I usually stay in Sosua, but my buddy wanted to try something new. anyways..you will find a wealth of info...from my reports and tips.. taxi prices, and cheaper ways to get to Sosua..which is about 25 mins away from Playa Dorada

weyland
06-02-2010, 08:36 PM
Carlos, at Playa Dorada you will be very near Field of Dreams. Read up on that here but I would say definitely worth a visit or two, especially in late afternoon when there is not much going on in Sosúa.

The other place to visit in the afternoons are the little Dominican bars in Puerto Plata if you want to see whorebars mainly for locals rather than tourists. Let me know if I can help you with that.

weyland
06-02-2010, 08:42 PM
Where do I find this picture section to subscribe?

US$7.95 for one month

US$14.95 for three months

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/payments.php

Jimmy, you need to make it easier for guys to subscribe. I am in HQ but I had to hunt round to find out where he could do it. Don't you want to be rich?

Also, it says periods with red asterisks are automatically renewed (which most guys hate). I cannot see any red asterisks. Does that mean you have no automatic renewals. If so, good, but why that note?

----------------------------------------------------------

Carlos, do it now and start reading up.

Carlos79
06-02-2010, 09:07 PM
Carlos..welcome.

read lots and lots..AND look at some of my posts about Playa Dorada, I stayed there at Gran Ventana. I usually stay in Sosua, but my buddy wanted to try something new. anyways..you will find a wealth of info...from my reports and tips.. taxi prices, and cheaper ways to get to Sosua..which is about 25 mins away from Playa Dorada

another question, since im staying at a resort in playa dorada, does the staff give u any hassle if u bring guests over to ur room??
or better off hitting up a motel near by?

weyland
06-02-2010, 09:54 PM
another question, since im staying at a resort in playa dorada, does the staff give u any hassle if u bring guests over to ur room??
You will either not be able to bring chicas to your room at all (except by booking them into the hotel as a guest which rather undermines the point of going to an AI for a cheap holiday) or you will have to pay $50 for a day pass. (I don't know which applies at your hotel).

You can rent a room for 3 to 4 hours at Field of Dreams for (I think) 600 pesos and either fuck one of their chicas or take your own in.

Or you can get a taxi to a cabaña (a sort of motel specifically designed for anonymous sexual assignations - bosses with secretaries, professors with students, etc, etc). Cabañas are very comfortable and supply all your needs (food, drink, condoms, lube, etc). Cost around 500 to 800 pesos for 3 to 4 hours.

See here for more info:
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?t=252106

But once you have paid for the taxi and the cabaña the costs start mounting up.

This brings us back to the old question which has been raked over so many times here. Why are you staying in an AI? If you want to do the usual holiday thing and just fuck a local girl or two for a bit of variation then you probably won't mind paying extra for the experience.

But if you have come to the DR for a mongering holiday and think that an AI is the cheap way to do it you have made a big mistake. Never mind, you will be back and you will do it right next time after reading up here.

stevereds
06-02-2010, 10:04 PM

yes the will hassle you and make you pay a full price for them (not worth it) if you meet any girls near Playa Dorada...or at one of the clubs there, like Coco Bongo, or Roadway. they will tell you to get a taxi and take them to a hotel in puerto plata. As weyland mentioned, the prices add up.

within the next day or so, I plam on doing a new post/report guide about Playa Dorada, and the option you have there, thru what I have experienced and learned. with pics and diagrams, making it almost fool proof , for a newbie to learn .

The place better, is SOsua. I was in playa dorada for 6 ntes....the middle 4 nts we spent in Sosua. so that should tell you something.

Weyland has a wealth of knowledge of that area, he helped me out alot too.

weyland
06-02-2010, 10:41 PM
Within the next day or so, I plan on doing a new post/report guide about Playa Dorada, and the options you have there, thru what I have experienced and learned. With pics and diagrams, making it almost fool proof, for a newbie to learn.

Steve, that would be a most valuable addition to the board. Something a bit different from the usual.

Almost wish the late 8orBetter was here to chime in. He was a fan of staying in AIs, but then he was not as other men. :rolleyes:

Weyland has a wealth of knowledge of that area, he helped me out a lot too.
Kind words, but "wealth" is way overstating it as I am new to the area and still learning myself. To be honest there isn't too much going on in Puerto Plata itself for the short-term visitor (it takes time to build up contacts), but an afternoon and early evening spent there makes an interesting change of pace from Sosúa, which doesn't get going until 10.00pm.

stevereds
06-03-2010, 12:10 AM
I have all the pics and diagrams, uploaded already..I'll do the report in your Weylands guide to puerto plata, if that is ok with you?
I no longer see a playa dorada section.

Peruchonyc
06-03-2010, 04:08 AM

Looks like you wont be the only new guy in town :).....

SeaWeed
06-05-2010, 11:25 PM
have fun!

congo1986
06-08-2010, 07:51 PM
Dang, I am getting to Sosua right after you are going to leave. I am going to get there June 17th - July 1st. Anyone else going to be there during that time? Ive never been, and going solo for the first time. I cant wait!

balcoach
06-08-2010, 07:53 PM
Dang, I am getting to Sosua right after you are going to leave. I am going to get there June 17th - July 1st. Anyone else going to be there during that time? Ive never been, and going solo for the first time. I cant wait!

Congo... I'll be on the ground for your entire visit. Hit me up if you have any ?'s or would like to catch up for a soda or threee!

LJDMV
06-08-2010, 08:07 PM

I will be there from June 15 for a week

Mr. Smooth
06-09-2010, 03:51 AM
I get in on the 18th. Check the poll, a bunch of us are in town during that time. Theres nothing like the first time! You'll be in good hands congo. After I get the keys to my studio at the Palms and grab some provisions for the fridge at a colmado or Playero, I hope to find a seat on the sidewalk at El Flow by 5:30 or so. Balcoach might be hanging out there about that time. If its too packed, I'll start at the Cigar Bar nextdoor on the corner.

LOLENG
06-10-2010, 02:23 PM
After 21 years of fking asian ladies Im looking for a change.I like the look of DR[Im sure it will be more expensive than asia but fuck-it so what.Ive got my eye on a couple of places to stay.Im not a night club person,I like a few beers in the daytime[maybe I can get my chica before nightfall??] I have read about 1000st and maybe 2000 all night??[is that about right?] but a BIG question for me is whats the price of a nice cold beer??[as I drink 15+ a day]Thanks in advance[hopefully be there early next year]

balcoach
06-10-2010, 03:30 PM
After 21 years of fking asian ladies Im looking for a change.I like the look of DR[Im sure it will be more expensive than asia but fuck-it so what.Ive got my eye on a couple of places to stay.Im not a night club person,I like a few beers in the daytime[maybe I can get my chica before nightfall??] I have read about 1000st and maybe 2000 all night??[is that about right?] but a BIG question for me is whats the price of a nice cold beer??[as I drink 15+ a day]Thanks in advance[hopefully be there early next year]

If your drinking during the day, prices will vary... in El Batey you can get Presidente's as low a 50peso RD for a regular and 90peso for a grande which is like a 22 oz beer.

El Flow/Rumba on Pedro Clisante are going to have your lowest/calmado prices, but you can get some good happy hour prices as well at some of the local restaurants.... 50 peso as well... so give or take $1.40/beer for the normal size and $2.50 for a grande.

Mr. Smooth
06-10-2010, 03:50 PM

What?? You mean you aren't a tea toatler? Aw...nevermind. Another thread.

On the beach at the various bars, I have found that Presidentes are 50-60 pesos for smalls and 80-90 for large. In town, there is one place that had a 3 for 1 Happy Hour from 12-7 or 1-7pm. Not sure if the name changed but it was at the top of the hill as you were heading down the walkway toward the beach opposite La Roca Restaurant.

Others bars in town have happy hours from 3-7 or 4-7pm, 2 for 1's. The exchange rate is nearly 37 to 1 (usd) so a 50 peso beer in the DR is a bit cheaper than a 50 baht beer in Thailand.

15+ a day huh? Are we brothers separated at birth?

LOLENG
06-12-2010, 09:18 AM
Can I get me some afternoon pussy? to share a few beers[No thats not two straws in one glass haha] and a bite to eat before we head off back to my room for some afternoon delight?

balcoach
06-12-2010, 11:08 AM
Can I get me some afternoon pussy? to share a few beers[No thats not two straws in one glass haha] and a bite to eat before we head off back to my room for some afternoon delight?

You can get what ever you like in the afternoon, the market is a bit differente day to night, but you can achieve just about what ever you like.

Although your not a night person, head out one evening for an hour or so, and get some numbers to expound your selection. Tell the muchacha that you would like to spend the day/afternoon with them for the beach, drinks and dinner... you will find lots of takers... ENJOY..and don't be afraid to ask questions. Thats what this board is all about...knowledge is power.

Jimbo44
06-12-2010, 12:57 PM
You guys are arriving at a great time. I have some friends from the Dos Caros crew who are going to celebrate the twins 40th birthday from jun 17 to 28th. I am still up in the air on this because can not figure a way to leave and tell the GF another story. I partied 2x with this Brooklyn/Queens gang and had a blast. Big Heav will be in town as well!!!!

LJDMV
06-12-2010, 01:46 PM
You guys are arriving at a great time. I have some friends from the Dos Caros crew who are going to celebrate the twins 40th birthday from jun 17 to 28th. I am still up in the air on this because can not figure a way to leave and tell the GF another story. I partied 2x with this Brooklyn/Queens gang and had a blast. Big Heav will be in town as well!!!!

Keep the board updated on this as I will be in town during those dates and looking to be a part of those events during my visit in sosua...

LOLENG
06-13-2010, 01:41 PM
Exuse my stupidity.Am i right in saying the more hours the Chicas spend with me the more pesos I have to part with??.My ideal date[haha] would be meet at beach bar say 4pm ish a few beers go back to room fcuk[whatever] out for a few more beers home say 12pm ish[another session in the cot] then a mornining roll in the sack and goodbye about 11am ish.So that 17hrs with me[but Ive bought her X beers and food.So would I say 1500p?.Am I being fair?or would they expect more?

Ram
06-13-2010, 01:45 PM
Exuse my stupidity.Am i right in saying the more hours the Chicas spend with me the more pesos I have to part with??.My ideal date[haha] would be meet at beach bar say 4pm ish a few beers go back to room fcuk[whatever] out for a few more beers home say 12pm ish[another session in the cot] then a mornining roll in the sack and goodbye about 11am ish.So that 17hrs with me[but Ive bought her X beers and food.So would I say 1500p?.Am I being fair?or would they expect more?

They all expect more....

Jimmydr
06-13-2010, 01:45 PM

The going price for all night seems to be about 2,000 - 2,500. If you get a chica say at 8PM and she leaves at 11am, you can ask her to return at 4PM and stay until the next day and she may be happy with that 2,000 peso price.