PDA

View Full Version : This could be fun

ROVER
06-03-2010, 04:33 PM
From Sosua News

Brahma beer does promotional tour

The manufacturer of the Brahma beer brand is trying for some years now to make Brahma beer more popular in the Dominican Republic.

http://www.sosuanews.com/news_pictures/2010/06/06-03_brahma.jpg (http://www.sosuanews.com/news_pictures/2010/06/06-03_brahma.jpg) Sabor a todo volumen

So far with limited success because the Dominicans still prefer their own Presidente or Bohemia beer and refuse to switch to the cheaper Brazilian beer. The supermarkets are already giving super offers of 'three big bottles of Brahma for only 99 pesos'!
Currently a promotional team tours the country under the promotional slogan 'sabor a todo volumen' or 'taste at all volumes'. It is a musical journey in which all provinces will be visited. Known bachata, merengue, and reggaeton artists like Frank Reyes, Hermanos Rosario and Hector Acosta (El Torito), will perform. In early June, the caravan will visit the north coast (Cabarete).

I'll keep you posted if I get a schedule for these events as no matter where they are held; Sosua, Santiago, Santo Domingo, Moca, La Vega etc. they are allways allot of fun as Dominicans love any excuse to party :boobies: ..:facial:...:seetits:...:toast:

Shit you could even take a vacation and follow the party .... That would be a nice way to see the rest of the country for those so inclined ... :lol:

prtyr2
06-03-2010, 08:59 PM
Brahma tried real hard at first and got some traction as did Miller a few years back. It always comes back to Presidente. Even in Brazil I will take a skol over Brahma.

The colmado around the block from me was doing 3 grandes for 100 pesos when Brahma first came out. It was great as lots of chicas from the university across the street could scrape together 100 pesos between a bunch of them and take their time drinking 3 beers.

I believe they started the tour last sunday as there were signs on the Malecon and sunday night they had fireworks at night.