PDA

View Full Version : HOTEL COLONIAL

psriches
03-23-2005, 08:15 PM
Cheap hotel located in the center of Santiago. Close to everything. Serves the basic needs for a quick overnight stay. And it's only 507 pesos. I believe WSJ might have a few pics. (809)247-3122............

Tonto4
03-23-2005, 08:21 PM
This is good to know. I stayed at Platino, nothing special and 1537 pesos.
STI seems to be the best arrival spot out of NYC. I don't want to make the drive to Sosua at night. Too dangerous. Plus Santiago is a nice city with many worthwhile attractions.

JDR
03-23-2005, 08:22 PM
Yea, we need a central meeting spot, since there are 10 flights a day here. We meet up at the central hotel and cab it the next day, 3 - 4 to a cab.

BrooklynBeas
03-23-2005, 08:41 PM
Cheap hotel located in the center of Santiago. Close to everything. Serves the basic needs for a quick overnight stay. And it's only 507 pesos. I believe WSJ might have a few pics. (809)247-3122............

Thanks sounds good.... Even a better rate then Hotel Rey in La Vega (15 minutes from STI airport).... any idea of the street address of this place?

psriches
03-23-2005, 10:31 PM

Thanks sounds good.... Even a better rate then Hotel Rey in La Vega (15 minutes from STI airport).... any idea of the street address of this place?
COLONIAL DE LUXE, C. POR A.
Salvador Cucururrullo Nos. 113-115
Santiago, Rep. Dom.

All the taxi's know this place.

prtyr2
03-24-2005, 05:04 PM
I stayed at Hotel Colinial twice. Most recently 2 weeks ago. I stayed in a room on the 1st floor. No AC, which I didn't need, but TV with cable. You get what you pay for but the place is cheap. I paid about 350 pesos per night. Internet/calling center right next door I would walk to McDonald's for lunch or have KFC deliver.

Not one of the better places I have stayed at but for 350 pesos. . . .ya can't really go wrong. Taxi stand on the corner. The guy at the desk speaks perfect english as well.

psriches
03-25-2005, 10:56 PM
507 pesos w/air condition and 350 pesos without/air

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v477/wsj3/HotelColonial.jpg

pic courtesy of WSJ

ajax718
08-14-2005, 04:48 PM
Stayed in Hotel Colonial during August 2005. The hotel is on la calle Cucurullo, right of off calle 30 de Marzo. La calle Cucurullo is tough to see on a map, the street is a small street south of a main street called Las Carrecas running parallel.
The room was a basic bedroom, 10 x 10 feet, with a bathroom. I did see some bugs. Prices were 360 pesos without an air conditioner, 612 with an air conditioner. Breakfast was 90 pesos. The owner's son who works at the hotel is from the United States, so he speaks excellent english and is very helpful with answering questions. If you just need a basic room at a great price, this hotel I highly recommend.

P.S. I am a fellow mongerer, not hotel management, so my opinion is not bias

psriches
08-14-2005, 11:07 PM
When i stayed in July 2005, it was 507 pesos for a CLEAN room with air condition, fridge and cable TV. I love the place. Stayed there at least 6 times and never saw any bugs. Call and ask for Lazarus. English speaking. Very chica friendly at no extra charge. Great for a short stay!

gdogg
11-05-2005, 03:22 AM
Stayed there in August. Got somewhere close to a 450 peso rate. If you check in late, I think you get a cheaper rate. I had no problem with my room. AC was good and the television was clear. My favorite perk was the breakfast. It was filling! Great ham and eggs.

BrooklynBeas
11-05-2005, 03:30 AM
I was there as well in August with Ajax and i think the place is a fuckin dump... Not that i wouldnt stay there again if i needed a quick spot for a night but i didnt like it one bit... Spider webs on the window sill... Had broken toilet bowl (you know i had the shits too)... and the lil 13 inch TV didnt do me too well... It was cheap though 373 pesos w/o AC and about 500 with AC but the AC wasnt even cold... THey have a ceiling fan in the no ac room but its a last cheapo option!

gdogg
11-05-2005, 03:32 AM
Beas' pricing info is more accurate than mine was. We got the cheap rate. Beas' room was obviously worse than mine. He saw bugs in his room and decided not to stay. Mine was bug-free, and I had no issues.

BrooklynBeas
11-05-2005, 03:38 AM
the place sucks man... straight up its not for a long stay... its a last minute cheap place and i dont care what anyone else says it sucks... This place makes the Palace look like 5 stars!!!

It still may be in my trip report in 2 weeks cause its so fuckin cheap hahaha... Bu then again we will have rides so i may stay at Hotel Rey in La Vega for 600 pesos AC included and clean!

psriches
11-05-2005, 02:45 PM
I love it Beas!! Can't beat the price and location. Never had a problem with the rooms. Good local food, puta's, regular chicas, transportation, computer access, etc, all within walking distance. I agree about it being a short time stay but it is a good value. When you say "dump", it sounds like a seedy hotel with pimps, roaches, rats and cum stained sheets. And it's no of these things.

WSJ3
11-05-2005, 04:20 PM
I have been there several times, and never had a problem...

Its not a 5 star Marriott Hotel in midtown Manhattan...but for DR it is a good price...