PDA

View Full Version : 12/2007 - Spirit Airlines updates and deals

Pages : [1] 2

El Capitan
12-04-2007, 08:20 PM
Santo Domingo, DR$49* Each Way12/16, 12/19, 12/23, 12/25, 12/27, 12/28, 12/29, 12/30, 12/31

psriches
12-04-2007, 08:24 PM
$49 from where and how much are the taxes????

Hopefully not Ft. Lauderdale! Not many members live there.

El Capitan
12-04-2007, 08:31 PM
From FLL bro....and taxes are $120 so the flight is $220+/-......I don't live in FLL, but its an EZ drive.....

NJPete
12-05-2007, 07:53 PM
Spirit running specials out of Atlantic City Internaitonal. Around $350 - $400 with all the added fees round trip. So my christmas present to myself is 4 days in Santo Domingo and 4 days on the beaches of Boca Chica...Staying at Courtyard by Marriott in SD and Costa Lunga in BC. As always, if your in the area the Presidentes are on me.

Patoine1
06-12-2010, 04:30 PM
I thought about flying Spirit a couple of times but they don't fly from my city. I'd have to fly to South Florida (FLL, Tampa, ORL) and then fly out. Still would save a few bucks but their times are kinda late too.

Hope no one here got stranded or at least got stranded on the right side of the caribbean...the DR side!

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/flights/2010-06-12-spirit-airlines-pilots-strike_N.htm?csp=34

naptime
06-12-2010, 04:57 PM
i have never been a union guy, and hopefully never will be. so hopefully this doesnt offend those of you that are....

but this is exaclty why.

fucking babies.

you knew what your pay was whne you got the fucking job. deal with it. if you dont like it, go find another fucking job.

but like selfish little fucking children they walk out of thier jobs and go on strike.

fuck the several thousand customers who now have to pay for alternate means of transportation. or hotel fees, etc... even if they are stuck on the "right side of the water' they now have additional lodging, food, putas, etc.. shit they had not budgeted for.

fuck the rest of the employees. pilots arent the only people that work for the company. there are all the baggage handlers, ticket agents, gate keepers, flight attendandts, etc... hell even al lthe subcontractors, like the people that provide the food and drink for the flights. all the kiosk and restaurnt/bar operators in the fort lauderdale airport.... all those fucking poeple have bills to pay and families to take care of . guess what, if there are no flights, those eople dont go to work. if they dont go to work, they dont get paid.

so because of a 400 greedy mutherfuckers, THOUSANDS gets fucked in the process.

i'm glad this wasnt the week i was traveling.. those bitches walked out at 5.am. they flight from sti to fll is at 3am.

which means those motherfuckers walked out, after that plane landed... leaving those people stranded in that fucking airport..

and let me tell you. that airport sucks stale donkey ass too.

Patoine1
06-12-2010, 05:12 PM
i have never been a union guy, and hopefully never will be. so hopefully this doesnt offend those of you that are....

but this is exaclty why.

fucking babies.

you knew what your pay was whne you got the fucking job. deal with it. if you dont like it, go find another fucking job.

but like selfish little fucking children they walk out of thier jobs and go on strike.

fuck the several thousand customers who now have to pay for alternate means of transportation. or hotel fees, etc... even if they are stuck on the "right side of the water' they now have additional lodging, food, putas, etc.. shit they had not budgeted for.

fuck the rest of the employees. pilots arent the only people that work for the company. there are all the baggage handlers, ticket agents, gate keepers, flight attendandts, etc... hell even al lthe subcontractors, like the people that provide the food and drink for the flights. all the kiosk and restaurnt/bar operators in the fort lauderdale airport.... all those fucking poeple have bills to pay and families to take care of . guess what, if there are no flights, those eople dont go to work. if they dont go to work, they dont get paid.

i'm glad this wasnt the week i was traveling.. those bitches walked out at 5.am. they flight from sti to fll is at 3am.

which means those motherfuckers walked out, after that plane landed... leaving those people stranded in that fucking airport..

You're right Nap and in the end the pilots are gonna get paid and then ticket prices will go up. So everybody even remotely associated with Spirit gets screwed EXCEPT the pilots who caused the drama to begin with.

papi_sosua
06-12-2010, 06:41 PM
Not sure what your problem is, dude!
You are actively engaged on a board that could be called, "The Mongers' Union of Sosua." But yet you are anti-union and expect the people that actually get you to the location, to work for a non-liveable wage, a pittance?

SHAME ON YOU!

but this is exaclty why.

fucking babies.

El Chivo
06-12-2010, 07:00 PM
I fly Spirit FLL- LGA regularly because they are cheap and good value for me and I can deal with the bullshit of a cheapy airline its been worth it to me. They canceled my flight to NY last tues morn gave me 100 dollar voucher and put me on the same flight next morning. I dealt with it. Today as i write I am waiting for a Delta flight back for which i paid 172 dollars o/w because all Spirit flights cancelled today and I was scheduled to fly back with thenm to FLL. spirit called and offerred to refund my flight (65 bucks...I paid 109 total r/t originally) and 100 dollars so out 7 bucks not gonna cry got better things to do.

Agree with Naptime. Pilots gotta be happy they have a job in this economy...you get what you get and you don't be upset.

Would love them to start FLL-POP, even at 9 dollar each way plus tax the STI in the middle of the night thing doesnt work for me, sorry.

naptime
06-12-2010, 07:11 PM
Non livable wage.......my fat add !

I'll be happy to take that so called non livable wage any day.

Klockman
06-12-2010, 07:20 PM

Do you know what that wage is?

Do you know if the pilots were in a legal strike position?

Do you know if the pilots had a contract, and if not, do you know if Spirit was prepared to lock them out?

When 30,000 feet in the air, would you like to have a pilot who enjoys his job, his salary and the people he works for?

I don't like strikes myself, I do work in a Union and I've seen first hand the job they do. While I feel bad for those that were affected, strikes aren't a spur of the moment thing.

When more facts are brought to the table, we'll be in a better position to point fingers and assign blame.

Jimmydr
06-12-2010, 07:23 PM
Do you know what that wage is?

Do you know if the pilots were in a legal strike position?

Do you know if the pilots had a contract, and if not, do you know if Spirit was prepared to lock them out?

When 30,000 feet in the air, would you like to have a pilot who enjoys his job, his salary and the people he works for?

I don't like strikes myself, I do work in a Union and I've seen first hand the job they do. While I feel bad for those that were affected, strikes aren't a spur of the moment thing.

When more facts are brought to the table, we'll be in a better position to point fingers and assign blame.

Pilots make over $100,000 a year, work maybe 14 hours a week and most were in the Military. There are 100's more that would love that job.

JD426
06-12-2010, 07:46 PM
Lets see
10 reasons why I would NEVER want to be a Commercial PILOT

1)-You have to wear a Uniform that Chics go crazy over
2)-you make a LOT of money
3)- the working hours are short & you get to see places others who worked all their lives only dream about
4)- you get to bang hot flight attendants, whenever you please.
5)- you even have a CO pilot, in case you need to take a FUCKING NAP....
6)-most of the time, the plane is on auto pilot and doing your fucking work for you
7)-everyone idolizes you and kids aspire to be just like you when they grow up
8)- everyone kisses your ass on a daily basis
9)- and if you make difficult landing you become an instant Hero, possibly even write a book and become famous.
10)-its your second income as you already have a pension from being in the service.

Yeagh, thats a SUCKY job, who would want that ? , good thing they have a Union to protect them.

Klockman
06-12-2010, 08:07 PM
Pilots make over $100,000 a year, work maybe 14 hours a week and most were in the Military. There are 100's more that would love that job.

The very top ones with the biggest airlines, sure.

With Spirit? I'd like to see where their salaries are listed.

Until then, we're just guessing.

Jimmydr
06-12-2010, 08:10 PM

Unlike every other thing we talk about.

Klockman
06-12-2010, 08:12 PM
Lets see

3)- the working hours are short & you get to see places others who worked all their lives only dream about
6)-most of the time, the plane is on auto pilot and doing your fucking work for you
9)- and if you make difficult landing you become an instant Hero, possibly even write a book and become famous.
10)-its your second income as you already have a pension from being in the service.

Yeagh, thats a SUCKY job, who would want that ? , good thing they have a Union to protect them.

Again an awful lot of assumptions.

The pilots job is to take off and land, the 1st officer does the navigating.

If I'm on a 10 hour flight to Rio, I'd like the guy making split second decisions to be well rested and alert. It's something I can't do and I'm grateful for those that can and keep me safe.

Most of your top 10 is just silly and your opinion.

Again, I'm not saying I like strikes but really guys, what do we really know about the pilots, their contracts....etc

Until then, why not wait until all the facts are known.

Members here cover a wide array of professions or in some cases, none. It would be interesting to hear from a real pilot about your listed benefits.

Klockman
06-12-2010, 08:14 PM
Unlike every other thing we talk about.

Yup

Just because we travel and bang whores, doesn't make us experts in all areas.

If I find out the Spirit pilots make over $100,000/year and have a contract and went on strike without notifying Spirit then I'll be the first to jump in with both feet.

Until then, it's just an emotional response to a situation that we're simply not informed on.

Jimmydr
06-12-2010, 08:16 PM
Again an awful lot of assumptions.

The pilots job is to take off and land, the 1st officer does the navigating.

If I'm on a 10 hour flight to Rio, I'd like the guy making split second decisions to be well rested and alert. It's something I can't do and I'm grateful for those that can and keep me safe.

Most of your top 10 is just silly and your opinion.

Again, I'm not saying I like strikes but really guys, what do we really know about the pilots, their contracts....etc

Until then, why not wait until all the facts are known.

Members here cover a wide array of professions or in some cases, none. It would be interesting to hear from a real pilot about your listed benefits.

Well since we don't have any posting pilots as members, I am guessing they are banging the help, in their hotels when they are out of town every week.

jacknback
06-12-2010, 08:17 PM
I talked to a Spirit pilot last week in Medellin airport and he said the requested wage they are asking for is to be payed only what AirTran and Jetblue,the other so called low fare companies,are getting.They have been negotiating this for a long time but should have seen the writing on the wall when 2 or 3 days ago Spirit CEO said we'll fly with or without them.Maybe a lot of unemployed pilots will take their job,but according to this guy,who by the way said he really didn't want to walk,pilot association is real tight and if you cross the line work becomes really miserable for you with your fellow pilots.

papi_sosua
06-12-2010, 08:18 PM
First year salary for an FO is about $40/flying hour w/ 72 h/mo guaranteed. Needless to say that in order to accumulate 72 h/mo flying hours you are spending 160 h/mo on the job.
So, that's $2,880/mo for the right seat.

You don't have a clue what you are talking about. Do You?

P.S.: On an hourly basis (ST), your whores in Sosua make more. And they don't get taxed either!

Hunter
06-12-2010, 08:18 PM
Lets see

Glorified Bus Drivers :p:p:p You couldn't pay me to do that job...how boring :D:D:D

JD426
06-12-2010, 08:20 PM
Its only comical to me how you union guys stick together.
no offense meant, no offense taken . I have relatives in the Unions too. Electrical, Plumbing. etc.
My dad was in a Union too, long story, but they fucked him out of his little Pension.

But K, these pilots would PISS on your head in a second if you walked up to them and said "yep, im a union man myself" . u and me..union brothers.
I stand by your side. LOL
But here you are defending them, like they are your brothers.:rofl:
its just funny to us "non union" & self employed guys.

thats all.

Klockman
06-12-2010, 08:24 PM
Its only comical to me how you union guys stick together.
no offense meant, no offense taken . I have relatives in the Unions too. Electrical, Plumbing. etc.
My dad was in a Union too, long story, but they fucked him out of his little Pension.

But K, these pilots would PISS on your head in a second if you walked up to them and said "yep, im a union man myself" . u and me..union brothers.
I stand by your side. LOL
But here you are defending them, like they are your brothers.:rofl:
its just funny to us "non union" & self employed guys.

thats all.

Not sticking together at all, again I repeat, wait until the facts are known, then make a rational argument

If, when the facts are know, the Spirit pilots come across as unreasonable greedy bastards, I'll join the line to pile on them.

Until then, we know nothing other than the fact they went on strike and disrputed the lives and incomes of many.

Klockman
06-12-2010, 08:27 PM
First year salary for an FO is about $40/flying hour w/ 72 h/mo guaranteed. Needless to say that in order to accumulate 72 h/mo flying hours you are spending 160 h/mo on the job.

P.S.: On an hourly basis (ST), your whores in Sosua make more. And they don't get taxed either!

And I don't think pilots get trained free, have you seen the cost of flight school?.

And for those that were trained on Uncle Sam's dime, they still needed a post secondary education and gave up 5 years of their lives (Navy anyways).

If the man in the pilots seat is happy, I'm happy.

But I know he didn't just fall into the job and chances are he didn't make the big coin for many years

Klockman
06-12-2010, 08:28 PM
I talked to a Spirit pilot last week in Medellin airport and he said the requested wage they are asking for is to be payed only what AirTran and Jetblue,the other so called low fare companies,are getting.They have been negotiating this for a long time but should have seen the writing on the wall when 2 or 3 days ago Spirit CEO said we'll fly with or without them.Maybe a lot of unemployed pilots will take their job,but according to this guy,who by the way said he really didn't want to walk,pilot association is real tight and if you cross the line work becomes really miserable for you with your fellow pilots.

hence my point about lockouts, this isn't one sided.

Spirit is just as cuplable, I hope we learn more!

TNT72
06-12-2010, 09:30 PM

Which means the pilots who accept jobs with Spirit, know they're not the cream of the crop. Which means when we're paying the lower fee's, we know that somewhere (usually the top paid people) are not the best!

FUCK THEM!!!! Money hungry mother fuckers!!

TNT72
06-12-2010, 09:31 PM
I'm about to post my story of my flight today, which will make me constantly wonder who the most greedy mother fuckers are.... the pilots, or the corporation??????

Klockman
06-12-2010, 09:36 PM
Which means the pilots who accept jobs with Spirit, know they're not the cream of the crop. Which means when we're paying the lower fee's, we know that somewhere (usually the top paid people) are not the best!

I don't think they're asking to be paid as the top guys, they're asking to be comparable with other discount airlines and I'd throw out a guess that it's not just about money, I suspect benefits, pension, seniority rights, schedules...etc etc are also on the table

If they have no contract, they're in their right to strike, sorry. And if Spirit isn't negotiating in good faith and saying they'll lock them out and replace them, they should strike.

Again, I'm not a fan of strikes but I suspect that 75-80% of the members here will post without having all (or any) of the facts simply because a low price monger airline was disrupted.

Oh well

Klockman
06-12-2010, 09:41 PM
I'm about to post my story of my flight today, which will make me constantly wonder who the most greedy mother fuckers are.... the pilots, or the corporation??????

Everybody wants to be paid, including you.

If we don't like a service, we're free to vote with our money and look elsewhere.

What we don't have is the right to entitlement, airlines are not obligated to give us low fares anymore than pilots, mechanics, flight crew...etc aren't obligated to work for less money simply because it works for us.

Food for thought, check out how many airlines went bankrupt to void union contracts, also check out how many discount airlines have raised their fees without improving service and in many cases, cutting routes.

We're coming out of a recession so I don't have much sympathy for those wanting raises (I didn't get one, either). But I do realize that my rights begin when I buy the ticket and if its costs more because people want to be paid more, then it's my right to shop around.

Kevy
06-12-2010, 09:48 PM
I don't think they're asking to be paid as the top guys, they're asking to be comparable with other discount airlines and I'd throw out a guess that it's not just about money, I suspect benefits, pension, seniority rights, schedules...etc etc are also on the table

If they have no contract, they're in their right to strike, sorry. And if Spirit isn't negotiating in good faith and saying they'll lock them out and replace them, they should strike.

Again, I'm not a fan of strikes but I suspect that 75-80% of the members here will post without having all (or any) of the facts simply because a low price monger airline was disrupted.

Oh well

Even the top airlines contract out, I remember the Dash-8 that crashed in buffalo last year, The co pilot was earning 14K a year while she was training.

Pilots aren't being paid that well. The guy who "landed" in the Hudson was making 125K after over 30 years of service.

TNT72
06-12-2010, 09:48 PM

If we don't like a service, we're free to vote with our money and look elsewhere.

What we don't have is the right to entitlement, airlines are not obligated to give us low fares anymore than pilots, mechanics, flight crew...etc aren't obligated to work for less money simply because it works for us.

Food for thought, check out how many airlines went bankrupt to void union contracts, also check out how many discount airlines have raised their fees without improving service and in many cases, cutting routes.

We're coming out of a recession so I don't have much sympathy for those wanting raises (I didn't get one, either). But I do realize that my rights begin when I buy the ticket and if its costs more because people want to be paid more, then it's my right to shop around.

I'm not going to argue your point. It is a valid point. I decide to buy a ticket, or three, to go somewhere...I'm not forced to.

But as an inteligent self empoyeed business man, I wish I could cut a third of my business to boost the profits of my other two thirds....I'd gladly do it. But these fucking airlines cut their flights, so they don't have to cut their prices to fill the planes. The same # of people are flying, so with fewer flights, we're paying more for a seat!!!!

TNT72
06-12-2010, 09:59 PM

Oh well

If Spirit is always at leat 30% cheaper for alot of flights, and still making a profit, EVERYONE knows why!!

I would happily pay a fair price, with good customer service......but that is a fucking pipe dream!!!!!

naptime
06-13-2010, 12:59 AM

it doesnt matter what thier salaries are.

they knew what it was when they took the job.

now they whine because they want more money like the other airline pilots get.

fuck that. you want more money, quit and go get a job with that other high paying airline.

i dont believe anyone has the right to demand more money.

take your shit, get the fuck out, there are plenty of people that will take the job you arent happy with.

should we also pay the putas more, because they feel they deserve it?

naptime
06-13-2010, 01:06 AM

yep. your right, i dont have a clue what im talking about.

all the hundreds or more likely - thousands of poeple that just got fucked today.. thats my imagination.

if you are gonna sit there and try and tell me that whores in sosua, make MORE than pilots on a fucking plane, well then, its pointless to even try to have a conversation with you.

if you believe that the 440 pilots that fucked those people today, are only clearing 35k a year... well.... you keep living in that world.

naptime
06-13-2010, 01:14 AM
And I don't think pilots get trained free, have you seen the cost of flight school?.

And for those that were trained on Uncle Sam's dime, they still needed a post secondary education and gave up 5 years of their lives (Navy anyways).

If the man in the pilots seat is happy, I'm happy.

But I know he didn't just fall into the job and chances are he didn't make the big coin for many years

neither did a doctor or nurse, or lawyer... anyone in a high paying profession gave up time in thier life for schooling ,and spent some cash for that schooling.

it doesnt change the fact that someone walks into a job, with a known salary, and then wants more. and disrupts the lives of many many other people because they want more money.

you are correct, we dont know ALL the details.

what we do know is that 440 pilots walked out on thier jobs, because they wanted more money. a reuest they have been fighting about for 3 years now. so i say fuckem. if they didnt like thier pay, they could have gone elsewhere. that precious pilots union could have had the common courtesy to warn travellers they would be going on strike.

hey everyone, dont get on that plane today. you will be stuck in fll, because we are walking at 5am. just lettin ya know.

i think its bullshit.

my dad works for gm, he's union too, and half the shit they do and demand, is the most retarded shit i have ever seen.

if you are union and it works for you, then great . good for you. but dont personally attack me, because i think its bullshit that a bunch of people got fucked over some greedy pilots.

if you guys think its ok for those travelers and other workers to get screwed over.. well, thats fucked up.

naptime
06-13-2010, 01:22 AM

Oh well

i dont care about a monger airline being disrupted. i care about the fact that poeple flying home, people flying out, people coming back in on crusie ships, flight attendants, gate workers, shops, luggage handlers, etc... THEY get disrupted.

thas the shit that bothers me about strikes.

and yo uare right, none of us know ALL The facts. but i see what kind of shit unions do when they are making demands.

fucking gm a few years back, the union works at powertrain were DEMANDING turntable microwaves in ALL breakrooms in ALL plants..

really, fucking turntable microwaves.

the regualr microwaves they had THAT WORKED, were not good enough.. no, they wanted fucking TURNTABLE microwaves..

now, granted, they had A LOT MORE on the plate, like you mentioned with spirit, pensions, benefits, salaries, etc... but really.. .microwaves...

robo-dick
06-13-2010, 01:24 AM
neither did a doctor or nurse, or lawyer... anyone in a high paying profession gave up time in thier life for schooling ,and spent some cash for that schooling.

it doesnt change the fact that someone walks into a job, with a known salary, and then wants more. and disrupts the lives of many many other people because they want more money.

what we do know is that 440 pilots walked out on thier jobs, because they wanted more money. a reuest they have been fighting about for 3 years now. so i say fuckem. if they didnt like thier pay, they could have gone elsewhere. that precious pilots union could have had the common courtesy to warn travellers they would be going on strike.

hey everyone, dont get on that plane today. you will be stuck in fll, because we are walking at 5am. just lettin ya know.

i think its bullshit.

my dad works for gm, he's union too, and half the shit they do and demand, is the most retarded shit i have ever seen.

if you are union and it works for you, then great . good for you. but dont personally attack me, because i think its bullshit that a bunch of people got fucked over some greedy pilots.

if you guys think its ok for those travelers and other workers to get screwed over.. well, thats fucked up.

Seems to me its the company itself that's the greedy one...next in the line probably IS the worthless GM union.

naptime
06-13-2010, 01:25 AM

bingo..

at least we agree on this point.

and i feel the same way about the pilots.. if they dont like thier pay, they can look elsewhere..

they took a lower paying job at a lower cost airline. why is it a lower cost airline, because they dont pay the pilots as much. and probably fuck everyone else that works for them too. but, guess what happens when everyone demands more money... thats right, ticket prices go up.. or they start charging for carry on bags...

i am certainly not taking the side of the corporation over the side of the pilots.. im taking the side of the innocent people that get fucked in the process.

naptime
06-13-2010, 01:29 AM
Seems to me its the company itself that's the greedy one...next in the line probably IS the worthless GM union.

i agree.

its both sides..

like i said above, i am certainly NOT taking the side of spirit over the pilots...

i'm simply voicing the opinion of the consumer or innocent person that gets caught in the crossfire..

Klockman
06-13-2010, 06:59 AM
bingo..

at least we agree on this point.

and i feel the same way about the pilots.. if they dont like thier pay, they can look elsewhere..

they took a lower paying job at a lower cost airline. why is it a lower cost airline, because they dont pay the pilots as much. and probably fuck everyone else that works for them too. but, guess what happens when everyone demands more money... thats right, ticket prices go up.. or they start charging for carry on bags...

i am certainly not taking the side of the corporation over the side of the pilots.. im taking the side of the innocent people that get fucked in the process.

Actually, they can't. They sign non-competes, United isn't training their pilots to fly for American. They also can't negotiate their own salaries, pensions, benefits or routes, that's done in a CBA and by seniority.

There's very little the pilots control, when they have contract.

However when recommended they can authorize a strike vote and whether they like it or not, as individuals it doesn't matter. One goes, they all go. Just like if the company locks them out, you don't get to pick and choose who works and who doesn't.

And I'd be willing to bet a large number of the pilots wanted to keep working, didn't want raises and certainly preferred their paycheque over strike pay. But if they feel that the company is bargaining in bad faith and it certainly sounds like Spirit is by the statements that they'll fly the planes without them, then they took the only recourse they have.

But to your point I highlighted, they can't simply move. Most professions can and for that we should be thankful

papi_sosua
06-13-2010, 07:03 AM
This might come as a surprise to you...but 90% of all employees are not in the top 10% of their profession.

I am serious.

Klockman
06-13-2010, 07:05 AM
i dont care about a monger airline being disrupted. i care about the fact that poeple flying home, people flying out, people coming back in on crusie ships, flight attendants, gate workers, shops, luggage handlers, etc... THEY get disrupted.

thas the shit that bothers me about strikes.

and yo uare right, none of us know ALL The facts. but i see what kind of shit unions do when they are making demands.

fucking gm a few years back, the union works at powertrain were DEMANDING turntable microwaves in ALL breakrooms in ALL plants..

really, fucking turntable microwaves.

the regualr microwaves they had THAT WORKED, were not good enough.. no, they wanted fucking TURNTABLE microwaves..

now, granted, they had A LOT MORE on the plate, like you mentioned with spirit, pensions, benefits, salaries, etc... but really.. .microwaves...

No one likes strikes outside of pitchers, would you have felt better if the people showing up for their flights on Saturday were flown by replacement workers that may have not been trained on that metal?

If their had been a problem, and it came out that Spirit locked out it's pilots and replaced them by others that apparently didn't have the seniority or the necessary hours to have full time routes, would you feel different.

I can't repeat this enough, I hate strikes and I'm not backing one side or the other, but it's becoming quite apparent that the Union and Spirit had stopped making progress on a new contract and unless offered mediation, something was going to happen.

Pilots moved first, so we call them greedy bastards without knowing the facts. A couple months ago, we called Spirit greedy bastards for implementing carry on luggage fees, because that increase wasn't transparent and was affecting our bottom line when shopping for tickets.

The truth will come out and then we can see the winners and losers and better assign blame.

Klockman
06-13-2010, 07:10 AM

i think its bullshit.

Doctors and lawyers don't work in unions, although in Canada nurses do.

And while a doctor or lawyer is free to seek/accept clients that they want, the fees they charge are federally regulated, especially procedures covered by the gov't (OHIP). If a doctor feels he'll have a better practice elsewhere he's free to move, no one stops him, schedules him...etc He controls that part of his career. Pilots don't get this option. They're told where to fly and when to be there regardless of any comittments they may have at home.

And btw, no one attacked you. I asked if you knew the facts, which obviously none of us do.

And never said it was OK either, I said I understood it.

And everybody that takes a job knowing the starting salary eventually wants a raise, that's a no brainer. I know I did!

Klockman
06-13-2010, 07:15 AM
it doesnt matter what thier salaries are.

Yeah, it does. And the only time they have any say in it is when they're negotiating a new contract

they knew what it was when they took the job.

now they whine because they want more money like the other airline pilots get.

They're not whining, they're in contract negotiations that have stalled with an employer that said they'll work without them.

Again, who knows if they want more, maybe they went on strike to keep from getting less?

should we also pay the putas more, because they feel they deserve it?

Many do

Klockman
06-13-2010, 07:19 AM
Even the top airlines contract out, I remember the Dash-8 that crashed in buffalo last year, The co pilot was earning 14K a year while she was training.

Pilots aren't being paid that well. The guy who "landed" in the Hudson was making 125K after over 30 years of service.

But apparently he puts on his uniform, gets admired by kids, gets to bang hot flight attendants and hold out his hand and get the $100,000 day one.

There's so much that goes into the job that we'll never know about, and the stress? Are you kidding me?

14K a year and 58 people died, should we be happy she wasn't a greedy bitch? And when the inevitable stupid comment comes, my ex-wife lost a very dear friend on that flight, so I got to see that impact first hand

Klockman
06-13-2010, 07:27 AM
I need to get some sleep, but I want to point out one more thing. As some of you are aware, American Airlines is in negotiations with 3 of it's unions, including the pilots. Now as much as I abhor strikes, it beats "Chaos" (no not the bad guys from get Smart). What the AA flight crews were going to do is randomly pick flights and not show up, basically the entire crew calls in sick. Then when AA scrambles to replace them, another crew goes to down to CBA fever. When they get replaced, another.....and so on

That to me is worse. You go on strike or get locked out, you stomp your feet for a few days, then go back to work and back to the table. Spirit was hurt by the strike and I wouldn't be surprised if the pilots come back only to be locked out now.

This is a worthy topic and I think we'll all learn a little something, I was reading that this is the first strike by pilots since 2005.

And for those that think this was "sprung by surprise" likes I says, this doesn't happen because the union president woke up in a bad mood. The pilots told Spirit on May 15th a strike was possible. And the date of the strike coincided with the end of the 30 day cooling off period as mandated by the NMB (National Mediation Board).

Now I want the strike to end and the pilots and Spirit back at the table and I really hope that AA makes peace with the two unions it has with no contract!

naptime
06-13-2010, 08:07 AM
Ugh fucking unions and contracts.

Klockman
06-13-2010, 08:10 AM
Trying to find some specifics about what's so unappealing to the pilots that they're still without a contract.

This may be BS, and after all the back and forth on the AA board on Flyer talk you learn that both sides can bring the rhetoric. But like I said earlier, don't assume a strike is about getting more, sometimes is to prevent getting less... again this may be BS, so take it with a grain of salt.

Keep in mind that while most of the airlines lost a lot of money, tiny Spirit made $107 million last year. What is not said is that the company wants to reduce the pay rates two ways. First they want to take the current rates and cut them. Next they want to only grant a year of service if one flies at least 850 hours per year (reserve pilots would never advance). So, they want to take the total number of hours a pilot has flown since being employed at Spirit, divide it by 850 and come up with a new longevity credit. Everyone would get a massive pay cut. Add to that a huge cut in the 401(k) match, dessimation of the health insurance, elimination of 4 days off between trips (they do fly into some dangerous airports and need to be rested), and it's a bit more than a desire to get sympathy. They just want a fair contract!

If that's true, those are huge concessions and have nothing to do with being as some have called them "greedy motherfuckers"

Klockman
06-13-2010, 08:10 AM
Ugh fucking unions and contracts.

Having just gone through it myself, I agree!

Klockman
06-13-2010, 08:13 AM
Spirit was canceling flights ahead of the strike

http://travel.usatoday.com/flights/post/2010/06/spirit-starts-canceling-flights-ahead-of-possible-pilots-strike/96448/1?csp=34travel&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TP-TodayInTheSky+%28Travel+-+Today+In+the+Sky%29

Spirit Airlines has started cancelling some flights ahead of a threatened pilots strike, a move that comes just a day after the carrier said it planned to keep flying through a labor disruption.
RELATED: Spirit Airlines: We'll keep flying if pilots strike (http://travel.usatoday.com/flights/post/2010/06/spirit-airlines-well-keep-flying-if-pilots-strike-/96100/1)
The Associated Press (http://www.usatoday.com/travel/flights/2010-06-10-spirit-airlines-pilot-strike_N.htm) says a Thursday check by the news agency "showed that Spirit is not selling tickets for any flights on Saturday or Sunday. A reservations agent told the AP that all weekend flights out of its main hub at Fort Lauderdale had been 'suspended.' Pilots have seen no sign of preparations to keep flying, and many management pilots have promised not to cross the picket line, (Sean Creed, a Spirit captain and the head of the Air Line Pilots Association unit there), said."
AP adds "negotiations were being conducted in Washington and directed by the National Mediation Board (http://content.usatoday.com/topics/topic/Organizations/Non-profits,+Activist+Groups/National+Mediation+Board). If there's no deal, pilots could strike as early as 12:01 a.m. ET Saturday. Presidents can halt airline strikes, but that was considered unlikely because of Spirit's small size. It runs roughly 150 flights per day, compared to 6,200 for Delta Air Lines, the world's largest carrier."

Klockman
06-13-2010, 08:20 AM
Back in March when things were getting ugly between AA and it's unions, I made the following two posts on FlyerTalk, I also post there as Klockman

While I can sympathize a bit with both sides, I too work in a Union and we just reached a tentative agreement and after 6 months negotiating, including conciliation, we got nothing. We gave up nothing, that's it, that's all, short 2 year contract and let's take a look at where the economy/business stand at that point. No one likes it, but it'll get ratified because sometimes you need to get past the bickering and sense of entitlement to do what's right.

If the AA FA strike while demanding raises in this economy, I will be disappointed as well I would question giving business to AA should they lock them out.

And before I'm asked I guess I'll answer the obvious question and that's Yes, as a CBA member in another union, I would not fly with replacement workers nor cross any picket lines.After receiving a few kudos I added

Let me expand a bit, after several months of negotiating and getting nowhere, my employer on February 9th announced massive job cuts while taking the negotiations to conciliation.

I figured the two issues were related and the layoff notice was a shot accross the bow telling our Union executive that they weren't playing, there was nothing to be gained and if laying off this high of a number didn't allow some cost certainty, the next step was a lockout.

Now despite 9 years service, if these layoffs go ahead anyways I'll feel pretty dumb because I've been trying to drum up support for a new CBA, any new CBA. I had people convinced that we may need to take pay cuts and if the senior CBA members were willing to take pay cuts, I was willing to never vote to ratify a CBA that changes the pension language or formula. Basically i was saying, you help protect me by taking a little less and I'll help ensure your retirement.

Well this idea spread like wildfire, and shortly thereafter, the company and union were holding hands announcing a new CBA would be sent to the members and that the exceutive was recommending we ratify it.

So, what's next? Well I hope taking the layoffs off the table to start as we've agreed to no wage increases for two years, but I may be wrong.

So what does this have to do with the AA dispute? Not much other than if there's a difference of opinion as to what's an acceptable CBA in these hard times, sign a status quo CBA, make it short (like ours 2 years, to be opened by either party after 18 months) and try and turn the business around.

I hope anywaysSo please, I ask you that while it's fashionable to jump on unions as encouraging laziness and high wages, there are many of us simply wanting the chance to keep working.

If the stuff I've read about what Spirit is asking their unions for is correct, then it definitely isn't greed driving this strike by the pilots, and while American's have 401K, the same thing would apply in Canada if we allowed our pension formulas or defined company contributions to be altered.

But I wanted to post the Flyer Talk stuff to show I'm not a Union shill, and I can feel both sides

naptime
06-13-2010, 08:24 AM
No matter how you look at it.... this starts and ends with greedy motherfuckers whether they are wearing pilots wings.... or sitting in their offices wearing their 5k suits.

So someone's to blame. Either pilots or company.

Who is NOT to blame are all the people that get screwed. Thats the only thing that gets me fired up.

Note: the keyboard on this new phone keeps changing some of words Damn

Klockman
06-13-2010, 08:26 AM
http://www.aviationweek.com/aw/generic/story_channel.jsp?channel=comm&id=news/avd/2010/05/19/02.xml

Spirit Warns Of Permanent Shutdown

May 19, 2010 #content td div img { padding-right:10px; padding-bottom:2px } html.ie6 #content td div img { padding-right:10px; padding-bottom:0px; } div.storyContent p { margin-top: 2px; margin-bottom: 14px; } html.ie6 div.storyContent p { margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 10px; } #mainNav { margin-top:0px; } div.storyContent td { float:left; font-size:10pt; padding:6px 6px 6px 7px; } html.ie6 div.storyContent td { float:left; font-size:10pt; padding:6px 6px 6px 17px; }

By Andrew Compart

Spirit Airlines is warning employees that the airline might have to “shut down operations permanently” if its pilots union goes on strike, as it is threatening to do as early as June 12, adding more tension to what could become a high-stakes showdown.

In a letter dated May 12 and sent to the president of the Air Line Pilots Association (ALPA) as part of the airline's federally required notice of pending mass layoffs — and a similar New Jersey state requirement — the Florida-based low-cost carrier said it remains committed to reaching an agreement. Spirit said it is seeking a deal that will ensure “long-term stability and growth for the company” and “rewarding careers for our pilots.”

Spirit, however, warned that a strike could have severe consequences.

“If ALPA strikes, we cannot predict how long ALPA will be on strike, but we can foresee that a strike could force us to shut down operations permanently,” the airline said. “Accordingly, the first day that ALPA goes out on strike could possibly be the last day of employment with Spirit for our pilots in Atlantic City and systemwide.”

Spirit also has filed federally required notices to a Florida government agency warning it could lay off as many as 1,583 employees in the state (DAILY, May 18). The low-cost carrier has about 2,300 employees nationwide, including about 500 pilots.

Spirit and its pilots have been trying to negotiate a new contract for more than three years, including more than six months in mediation, but without much progress. After the union rejected a National Mediation Board offer for binding arbitration, the board on May 12 started the 30-day cooling-off period for the union and the airline, after which the pilots will have the legal eligibility to strike.
Ill will has been building between the pilots and management.

In 2008, management and the union fought over sick-leave usage (DAILY, Aug. 18, 2008), and the union later filed a lawsuit that accused management of repeatedly violating the contract (DAILY, Sept. 8, 2008). The judge dismissed the lawsuit without prejudice last June. But a year ago, union members voted nearly unanimously to authorize a strike once it became legal to conduct one (DAILY, May 20, 2009).

Spirit considers ultra-low fares to be its brand, using ancillary revenue and industry-leading low unit costs to help fuel its profits. But the leader of the Spirit union, Sean Creed, says pilots want the new contract to bring them closer to parity with pay at carriers such as JetBlue and AirTran, which he says is 20% to 30% higher.

Creed says the primary sticking points now are over pay and scheduling, including proposals to increase the maximum flying hours and reduce vacation time. On May 7, Creed vowed that “should the cooling-off period end without a fair agreement, make no mistake, this pilot group will strike.”

So it would appear both sides can take some blame, I don't agree with a 20% raise at all. But Spirit sent their letter 7 days into a cooling off period and 3 days after the Union said they'd walk. Both sides are playing poker.

Klockman
06-13-2010, 08:29 AM
No matter how you look at it.... this starts and ends with greedy motherfuckers whether they are wearing pilots wings.... or sitting in their offices wearing their 5k suits.

So someone's to blame. Either pilots or company.

Who is NOT to blame are all the people that get screwed. Thats the only thing that gets me fired up.

Note: the keyboard on this new phone keeps changing some of words Damn

I'm going with both, pilots have a right to be pissed, 3 years no contract then being offered one which changes the language on service and basically assures no one can ever become a highly compensated pilot. And the pilots are on crack if they want 20-30%, but I suspect that number was thrown out for public consumption and to win the propaganda war.

My gut tells me this will be a short strike and they'll be back at the table next week, both sides will blame the other and claim to be the good guys

As for people getting screwed, that sucks, they're getting from both ends

naptime
06-13-2010, 08:37 AM
Well I hope they get it figured soon. I need to book my September flight !

Ramair4
06-13-2010, 03:43 PM
Well I hope they get it figured soon. I need to book my September flight !

I've had a fare alert set for an August flight and the fare has risen from the $550 or so I paid in May to $796 this morning. I'm guessing thats connected to the Spirit strike as well.

SeaWeed
06-13-2010, 05:21 PM
guess some of the Spirit Pilots don't like working for $35,000 year

jacknback
06-13-2010, 08:12 PM
The "innocent people"who didn't know that Spirit pilots were walking on Saurday at 12:01am weren't paying much attention to whats going on in the world.Shit I saw it on the news while I was in Medellin.Of course I already knew before I went to Colombia about the strike and planned my trip accordingly.

hioctane
06-14-2010, 03:57 PM
Hearing about unions make my blood boil. Wasn't the original purpose of unions to protect those with little pay? Now they have unions for sports who are already millionaires. Working in a small business I am actually envious of city workers.. getting pensions after like 25 years.. I don't get that. Guaranteed raises.. WTF is that? In this shitty economy? We get pay freezes. Can't be fired even if you are a dumbass. We can only be so lucky. I think unions should be made illegal. Just recently in NY, they removed "rubber rooms" from teacher contracts because of public outrage. I think if you see the perks in some union contracts you would be outraged too.

papi_sosua
06-14-2010, 05:03 PM
I am big believer in unionization. Unless you want to argue, "Every man for himself, and God against all."
While one employee's chain can be yanked any time, try that if yanking one man's chain means waking up a thousand, ten thousand, a hundred thousand. There needs to be a counterweight to big business and that counterweight are unions.

Of course, the state of the unions in this Union (sic!!) of ours is abysmal.

P.S.: And wait until you see some of the perks in those CEO contracts. That should really get you fired up!

Hearing about unions make my blood boil. Wasn't the original purpose of unions to protect those with little pay? Now they have unions for sports who are already millionaires. Working in a small business I am actually envious of city workers.. getting pensions after like 25 years.. I don't get that. Guaranteed raises.. WTF is that? In this shitty economy? We get pay freezes. Can't be fired even if you are a dumbass. We can only be so lucky. I think unions should be made illegal. Just recently in NY, they removed "rubber rooms" from teacher contracts because of public outrage. I think if you see the perks in some union contracts you would be outraged too.

JD426
06-14-2010, 05:12 PM
IMO, the UAW and their hefty pensions LITERALLY destroyed the auto industry & can be blamed for all those jobs going overseas.
$2500 of every car went to pensions. that is a FAILED business model.
Noone ever believed GM could go out of business.
The NJEA here in nj (teachers union) literaly think they run the Public School system which is 100% paid with our Tax Dollars. $20K to educate a kid in some districts, and they cant read or write when they graduate.
100 Million $$ a year the union collect from teachers each year, but when 5 teachers get laid off to protect ONE high salary ADMINISTRATOR , they say nothing and blame it on the Governors cuts. Who exactly do they represent ??
Dont have much love for them.

papi_sosua
06-14-2010, 05:19 PM
Bull****. The American auto-industry went south because every, literally every, European automotive engineer who looks at an American designed car, first has a look of disbelief on their face, and then falls over laughing.
The technology used in European cars is about 25 years ahead of what you can buy American. Same goes for technologies as they relate to housing construction (energy efficiency, windows, plumbing, electrical).

The reason nobody wants to buy American these days is, because nobody likes to buy crap. I can get that cheaper from China.

IMO, the UAW and their hefty pensions LITERALLY destroyed the auto industry & can be blamed for all those jobs going overseas.
The NJEA here in nj (teachers union) literaly think they run the Public School system which is 100% paid with our Tax Dollars. $20K to educate a kid in some districts, and they cant read or write when they graduate.
100 Million $$ a year the union collect from teachers each year, but when 5 teachers get laid off to protect ONE high salary ADMINISTRATOR , they say nothing and blame it on the Governors cuts. Who exactly do they represent ??

SeaWeed
06-14-2010, 05:32 PM
the longer this strike goes on.......the better possibility there won't be a Spirit Airlines anymore......
anyone ever remember an airline name Eastern.......

papi_sosua
06-14-2010, 05:55 PM
And anybody remember airlines named Delta, AA, United ? They are all unionized. So, what's your point?

the longer this strike goes on.......the better possibility there won't be a Spirit Airlines anymore......
anyone ever remember an airline name Eastern.......

papi_sosua
06-14-2010, 09:35 PM
Post Scriptum:

As an aside: Germany (BMW, VW, Audi, Porsche, Mercedes) has nationalized health care. It has also, by comparison to the US, a generous wealth-fare system: You don't have a job? You will be provided for: housing, food, electricity, water; the essentials. But nobody has to live on the street, or die for lack of health insurance.

And all the workers of BMW, VW, Audi, Porsche, Mercedes pay into the system. And so do you, if you buy any of those driving machines.

I'd be happy to pay $2,500 into Ford's pension system. However, my 2002 Ford Explorer quit after 90k mi. with a severe ($3k+) transmission problem. Junk made in the USA (http://www.carcomplaints.com/Ford/Explorer/2002/)

hioctane
06-14-2010, 10:08 PM

I totally agree. The concept of using current money to pay for future retirees is a bad model.. It is the exact problem with Social Security.

Now I'm not against unionization.. but I think there should be an independent arbitrator to decide union/employer disputes like in the MLB. Without something like this.. It will come down to who is stronger and not what is fair for all.

hioctane
06-14-2010, 10:19 PM
Bull****. The American auto-industry went south because every, literally every, European automotive engineer who looks at an American designed car, first has a look of disbelief on their face, and then falls over laughing.
The technology used in European cars is about 25 years ahead of what you can buy American. Same goes for technologies as they relate to housing construction (energy efficiency, windows, plumbing, electrical).

The reason nobody wants to buy American these days is, because nobody likes to buy crap. I can get that cheaper from China.

Union labor also makes things more expensive. American cars are also more expensive to buy and more expensive to fix.

European cars are not more popular than Japanese cars that have lots of interchangeable parts that can mass produced in China... passing on more savings to the consumer. Europeans may be better built but it's mainly high end and fashionable. Most people will buy Japanese because it is cheap.

hioctane
06-14-2010, 10:23 PM
Mind you I don't work for AA but I do know bargaining in bad faith when I see it.

Like I said.. One side always seems to lose.. The stronger side wins... in this case the owners.. which is why I advocate independent arbitration.

JD426
06-14-2010, 10:27 PM
I totally agree. The concept of using current money to pay for future retirees is a bad model.. It is the exact problem with Social Security.

Now I'm not against unionization.. but I think there should be an independent arbitrator to decide union/employer disputes like in the MLB. Without something like this.. It will come down to who is stronger and not what is fair for all.

Thats all I was trying to say,
Like here in NJ again, NOTHING AGAINST COPS., but they make $94K a year in virtually NO crime Towns, retire anytime after 20 yrs ,move to South Carolina, and we pay them a FAT pension til they die ... It can NO longer be DONE.
FAT PENSIONS are NOT sustainable wether in the public sector or Private mainly because people live much longer than ever before. Its a house of cards. A Legalized ponzi Scheme really.

papi_sosua
06-14-2010, 10:39 PM
You have no clue of what you are talking about.
EOD (End of discussion.)

Union labor also makes things more expensive. American cars are also more expensive to buy and more expensive to fix.

European cars are not more popular than Japanese cars that have lots of interchangeable parts that can mass produced in China... passing on more savings to the consumer. Europeans may be better built but it's mainly high end and fashionable. Most people will buy Japanese because it is cheap.

papi_sosua
06-14-2010, 10:43 PM
It's actually called a generational contract. Just as our parents took care of us, when we were young, we'll take care of our parents as they age and become infirm. And the generation after us, will take care of your and my ass...

What's so difficult to comprehend about this concept? Unless you only believe in the mighty buck, right here, right now!

Thats all I was trying to say,
Like here in NJ again, NOTHING AGAINST COPS., but they make $94K a year in virtually NO crime Towns, retire anytime after 20 yrs ,move to South Carolina, and we pay them a FAT pension til they die ... It can NO longer be DONE.
FAT PENSIONS are NOT sustainable wether in the public sector or Private mainly because people live much longer than ever before. Its a house of cards. A Legalized ponzi Scheme really.

JD426
06-14-2010, 11:01 PM
When MY TAX money pays a 45 year old a BIG FAT pension while I am still busting my ass at 50-70 in the private sector to pay even MORE taxes, I see a problem there , maybe you dont.
401K I dont have a problem with, PENSIONS I do.
diff topic though...

you may have a PHD in chemistry or whatever,
but obviously its not in MATH. (sorry for that cheap shot, but)
The #s dont lie, it DOESNT WORK ..
Its no different than what Bernie Madoff did.
Eventually the POOL of money RUNS DRY, and EVERYONE LOSES.
we didnt even talk about mandatory RAISES, while the rest of the private sector is getting PAY FREEZES and on a 4 day schedual, IF they have a Job at all.

papi_sosua
06-14-2010, 11:06 PM
OK, maybe I don't have a PhD in math!

But maybe, just maybe the whole system is fucked up. So, what are we going to do? Incarcerate Bush, Obama, and the top 20 WS billionaires for life?

You have my vote!

When MY TAX money pays a 45 year old a BIG FAT pension while I am still busting my ass at 50-70 in the private sector to pay even MORE taxes, I see a problem there , maybe you dont.
401K I dont have a problem with, PENSIONS I do.
diff topic though...

you may have a PHD in chemistry or whatever,
but obviously its not in MATH. (sorry for that cheap shot, but)
The #s dont lie, it DOESNT WORK ..
Its no different than what Bernie Madoff did.
Eventually the POOL of money RUNS DRY, and EVERYONE LOSES.
we didnt even talk about mandatory RAISES, while the rest of the private sector is getting PAY FREEZES and on a 4 day schedual, IF they have a Job at all.

JD426
06-14-2010, 11:15 PM
First step is recognizing that there is a PROBLEM.
Plenty of time later to point fingers.
This sense of Entitlement has to stop, thats the next step, IMO.

papi_sosua
06-14-2010, 11:20 PM
Por favor, define entitlement!

Am I (or you, or the pilots) entitled to decent living? Not generous, mind you. But afford basic housing, food, water, electricity, and health care? Maybe fuck a chica or two every 12-months?

In my books, that's not entitlement. It's a basic huMAN right.

JD426
06-14-2010, 11:50 PM
So you are saying EVERY PERSON is ENTITLED to a JOB ??
and that job MUST include certain benefits ,paid for by the employer ?
And a Decent living ? ?:rofl:
U must be joking, We are entitled to a "decent living " as a Human Right ?
Where in the constitution does it say that ? Doesnt minimum wage cover that ?
btw, Mc Donalds is paying kids $11 an hour, thats a FREEE market, cause little snot nosed teenagers wont work for Min Wage. But they are not getting $11 because they are "entitled to it" .

You are entitled to whatever salary the employer agrees to pay you, and when your services are no longer needed, u are entitled to NOTHING more then what is in your contract.
NJ is AT WILL for example, the employer doesnt have to even have a reason for letting you go.

hioctane
06-14-2010, 11:51 PM
OK, maybe I don't have a PhD in math!

But maybe, just maybe the whole system is fucked up. So, what are we going to do? Incarcerate Bush, Obama, and the top 20 WS billionaires for life?

You have my vote!

Yeah the system is fucked up.. You need to fix the problem and not say there isn't one..

hioctane
06-14-2010, 11:54 PM
Por favor, define entitlement!

Am I (or you, or the pilots) entitled to decent living? Not generous, mind you. But afford basic housing, food, water, electricity, and health care? Maybe fuck a chica or two every 12-months?

In my books, that's not entitlement. It's a basic huMAN right.

Are you saying pilots don't make a decent living? If they don't like the pay at their current job, look for a new job! Are they anywhere near being able to get "basic" necessities? Maybe if you work at McDonald's you have a point!

hioctane
06-15-2010, 12:03 AM
It's actually called a generational contract. Just as our parents took care of us, when we were young, we'll take care of our parents as they age and become infirm. And the generation after us, will take care of your and my ass...

What's so difficult to comprehend about this concept? Unless you only believe in the mighty buck, right here, right now!

Yes the problem is that it can't be sustained.. Which is the problem with social security.. Like a ponzi scheme.. New people put money in and old people pull money out. As people are living longer.. they are pulling out more.. but there is not enough new people to put in money. To sustain it you're going to need to find more money or cut benefits.. If you cut benefits, you can't survive. See the problem with this concept? It's a like a deck of cards.

hioctane
06-15-2010, 12:12 AM
You have no clue of what you are talking about.
EOD (End of discussion.)

The top 10 cars in America are mostly Japanese.. They also happen to be the cheapest.

If you don't think union labor raises the cost of a car.. you are in a fantasy world. More pay for workers = higher price of car.

When most people buy a car (I mean most and not some rich guys), they look at the sticker price and the cost to maintain.. Japanese cars beats every other car hands down.

ROVER
06-15-2010, 12:20 AM

I love that Bush word "ENTITLEMENT" Making it sound like you want something for nothing.

How the hell is it an something for nothing when I and everyone else pays a 6.2% social security tax every paycheck of their lives and their employer makes a 6.2% matching contribution.

Every paycheck from the very first week you work to the last week of your working life. So if you work 50 years at the combined 12.4% total contribution that's a 620% contribution of your average life yearly salary and with it being invested in T bills and compounding it should be worth no less than 1000% at minimum.

If your average life pay was $30,000 then you should have $300,000. Now if at age 62 you draw $15,000/year you have outright capital for 20 years and if it is invested in T bills you should have enough for another 5 years to sustain you until you are 87. Some make it further some make it less ...it evens out and sound about right to me.

I don't have a Phd in math but when you look at the numbers that way I think I am "entitled " to a Social Security check when the time comes and I'm old. :)

It's my money.....I paid for it .. ...it's not a handout.

hioctane
06-15-2010, 09:56 AM
I love that Bush word "ENTITLEMENT" Making it sound like you want something for nothing.

How the hell is it an something for nothing when I and everyone else pays a 6.2% social security tax every paycheck of their lives and their employer makes a 6.2% matching contribution.

Every paycheck from the very first week you work to the last week of your working life. So if you work 50 years at the combined 12.4% total contribution that's a 620% contribution of your average life yearly salary and with it being invested in T bills and compounding it should be worth no less than 1000% at minimum.

If your average life pay was $30,000 then you should have $300,000. Now if at age 62 you draw $15,000/year you have outright capital for 20 years and if it is invested in T bills you should have enough for another 5 years to sustain you until you are 87. Some make it further some make it less ...it evens out and sound about right to me.

I don't have a Phd in math but when you look at the numbers that way I think I am "entitled " to a Social Security check when the time comes and I'm old. :)

It's my money.....I paid for it .. ...it's not a handout.

This is great in theory but the numbers don't add up. You are paid by your children's contributions. When they get old, they are getting paid by their children. The problem is... as a society we are having less and less children. We want 2-3 kids max and bitch about the people on welfare with 10 kids. In the current Social Security system you have to have people keep contributing to support the next generation getting old. It's like a bad Ponzi scheme. If something happens and people stop contributing, you are basically fucked and the system crumbles.

JD426
06-15-2010, 11:47 AM
This is great in theory but the numbers don't add up. You are paid by your children's contributions. When they get old, they are getting paid by their children. The problem is... as a society we are having less and less children. We want 2-3 kids max and bitch about the people on welfare with 10 kids. In the current Social Security system you have to have people keep contributing to support the next generation getting old. It's like a bad Ponzi scheme. If something happens and people stop contributing, you are basically fucked and the system crumbles.
STOP CONFUSING PEOPLE WITH MATH...:rofl:
I have a checkbook,and plenty of checks in it, so I musst have PLENTY of money in that account.
lol
no wonder we are on the road were on,
Like Making loans to people who are not qualified to ever repay them, because they are "entitled to housing" . this whole thing will most definitely collapse. but i think the biggest problem is the way our Govt is printing money & the devaluation of the dollar.
So the Pilots MAY JUST have a point, pay me a wage ADJUSTED FOR INFLATION, so I can still buy the same things I was able to a year ago. Not less. They have a right to ASK for it, noone is arguing that, but leaving passengers stranded, WE the consumer also have a right to NOT USE their Airline, and then they may be FUCKED out of their jobs. Its their call.

PapiQueRico
06-15-2010, 12:34 PM

You leave out an important fact. Like the fact that the baby boomers paid in much more to the system than their parents received is SS payments. This is where the problem lies. Instead of saving those extra $$ for when the boomers retired the government spent it on current expenses. If all of the money paid in to SS had been left alone for that purpose there would not be a problem.

And I don't want to hear any shit about the Democrats this or the Republicans that. The reality is that both parties raided these funds, that both parties, when in power, spend like drunken children. It's the "tax and spend" Democrats and the "don't tax but spend anyway" Republicans.

The first step to fixing this problem is recognizing what really caused it.

jacknback
06-15-2010, 07:56 PM
Last I heard,flight attendents are now on the picket line with pilots because the company furloughed them.Also news says that company,pilots and federal moderator were meeting in an undisclosed location in Fort Lauderdale. I hope this shit gets over soon as I want to use my miles to DR it in Sept.

mikelodge
06-15-2010, 11:40 PM

I know what some of them make. Some Captains on a Big Major Airline with 20 years in are making over 200k. A co pilot on a commutor like Mesabi with just a few years on the job makes up to 60-70k depending if he takes all the flights offered.

My neigbor at the lake is a NWA now Delta Co-Pilot and he makes 120k and I know a guy here in MN that flies for Air Canada that makes over 150k as a co pilot and his wife is a flight attendant so he turned down Capitan because he said he has more flexibility as a Co Pilot.

Keep in mind the more years they have the better flights they get. Most of their pay plans pay X amount of dollars an hour for being on the ground and Y amount of dollars (much higher) for being in the air. This is why the rookies get the puddle jump flights.

Just the free travel they get for their families is worth a lot of money. And of course they always get the first class meal. :lol:

Klockman
06-16-2010, 08:28 AM
I know what some of them make. Some Captains on a Big Major Airline with 20 years in are making over 200k. A co pilot on a commutor like Mesabi with just a few years on the job makes up to 60-70k depending if he takes all the flights offered.

My neigbor at the lake is a NWA now Delta Co-Pilot and he makes 120k and I know a guy here in MN that flies for Air Canada that makes over 150k as a co pilot and his wife is a flight attendant so he turned down Capitan because he said he has more flexibility as a Co Pilot.

Keep in mind the more years they have the better flights they get. Most of their pay plans pay X amount of dollars an hour for being on the ground and Y amount of dollars (much higher) for being in the air. This is why the rookies get the puddle jump flights.

Just the free travel they get for their families is worth a lot of money. And of course they always get the first class meal. :lol:

Thanks we know there are some top earners like there is in every position.

What I was looking for when I made my post was a better understanding of what the Spirit pilots made or if they weren't striking for money alone, what were there grievances?

Since then we've learned 3 years no contract (and no raise obviously), strike vote taken a year ago, mediation offered and declined (by the pilots) and they went off the job the moment they said they would.

But what jumped out at me was the nugget Spirit threw out that a minimum of X number of hours would qualify as a full year and that they would simply divide the number of hours flown by X and turn a 5 year employee into a 2 year employee, and I wouldn't stand for that either. That should be grandfathered, not backdated.

We've also learned that the pilots want what pilots at the other discount carriers get paid and while that has merit, I can't support a 20-30% raise, the economy hasn't yet recovered that much.

We've learned that unlike many airlines, Spirit made money even with the discount seats by charging for pillows, blankets, snacks, carry-on's...etc. Apparently they've not seen the need to properly compensate their employees and even they had to be surprised the pilots went this long before striking. 3 years without a contract is a long time. Remember, no contract can mean no job if the company chooses to lock you out.

And I said that they'd be back at the table shortly, they are. I didn't count on the FA's walking.

We should watch how this unfolds because American Airlines, recently demoted to the #3 US carrier is about to see 2 of 3 unions walk and they're business loss will be noticed by travelers much more than Spirit's

hioctane
06-16-2010, 10:16 AM
Thanks we know there are some top earners like there is in every position.

What I was looking for when I made my post was a better understanding of what the Spirit pilots made or if they weren't striking for money alone, what were there grievances?

Since then we've learned 3 years no contract (and no raise obviously), strike vote taken a year ago, mediation offered and declined (by the pilots) and they went off the job the moment they said they would.

But what jumped out at me was the nugget Spirit threw out that a minimum of X number of hours would qualify as a full year and that they would simply divide the number of hours flown by X and turn a 5 year employee into a 2 year employee, and I wouldn't stand for that either. That should be grandfathered, not backdated.

We've also learned that the pilots want what pilots at the other discount carriers get paid and while that has merit, I can't support a 20-30% raise, the economy hasn't yet recovered that much.

We've learned that unlike many airlines, Spirit made money even with the discount seats by charging for pillows, blankets, snacks, carry-on's...etc. Apparently they've not seen the need to properly compensate their employees and even they had to be surprised the pilots went this long before striking. 3 years without a contract is a long time. Remember, no contract can mean no job if the company chooses to lock you out.

And I said that they'd be back at the table shortly, they are. I didn't count on the FA's walking.

We should watch how this unfolds because American Airlines, recently demoted to the #3 US carrier is about to see 2 of 3 unions walk and they're business loss will be noticed by travelers much more than Spirit's

For the pilots it's crazy to make to expect to make the same amount as what pilots at bigger airlines makes.. It's like saying you cook at McDonald's but you you want to make what the chef at a fancy French restaurant makes.. :rofl:

Of course Spirit makes money in other places otherwise they can't make their flights so "cheap". It's a all smoke and mirrors. I think I also read that these extras are not taxed. So that's why they wanted to charge for carry-ons. This way they can lower the price of fares even further.

These union/employer disputes hurts everyone... the customers, employees, owners.. In the end one side gets screwed. There needs to be some kind of independent mediation.

Klockman
06-16-2010, 10:18 AM
For the pilots it's crazy to make to expect to make the same amount as what pilots at bigger airlines makes.. It's like saying you cook at McDonald's but you you want to make what the chef at a fancy French restaurant makes.. :rofl:

Of course Spirit makes money in other places otherwise they can't make their flights so "cheap". It's a all smoke and mirrors. I think I also read that these extras are not taxed. So that's why they wanted to charge for carry-ons. This way they can lower the price of fares even further.

These union/employer disputes hurts everyone... the customers, employees, owners.. In the end one side gets screwed. There needs to be some kind of independent mediation.

That point has been made to death probably because it fits the "greedy bastard" flavor this thread started off as.

They're not asking to be paid as much as they'd get from the big guys, they're asking for salaries comparable to Spirit's competition, and yes the cook at McDonald's will probably make the same as the cook at Burger King

JD426
06-16-2010, 10:26 AM
I agree with both you guys, on many things, but bottom line is YOU DONT FUCK(ie STRAND) THE CUSTOMERS IN THIS ECONOMY AND EXPECT TO STAY IN BUSINESS.
F*** Spirit Airlines, and F*** their striking Pilots. I will NEVER use them because they could not figure this shit out, and made it OUR problem instead of THEIRS.

Klockman
06-16-2010, 10:32 AM
I agree with both you guys, on many things, but bottom line is YOU DONT FUCK(ie STRAND) THE CUSTOMERS IN THIS ECONOMY AND EXPECT TO STAY IN BUSINESS.
F*** Spirit Airlines, and F*** their striking Pilots. I will NEVER use them because they could not figure this shit out, and made it OUR problem instead of THEIRS.

That's you.

I choose to not fly the discount carriers, period.

As for staying in business, maybe. Don't forget that the airlines after 9/11 with the exception of American went bankrupt, renegotiated with their unions to get back in business and they still lose money.

Apparently Spirit made money, and they knew the strike was coming, even went as far as to arrange replacements and they canceled many flights in advance, and the pilots despite promising to walk at 12:01, actually got many people back to the USA.

Yes, there are victims, there always is.

Will this bankrupt Spirit? Doubt it. Will they eventually settle with the pilots? Probably (and I'm guessing soon) It'll take one mailing advertising $9 fares to get everyone back on board. People will chase deals, they always have.

I'm prepared to pay a little more and be more comfortable, and Spirit doesn't fly to Canada, so they don't really affect me.

But I hope you keep your promise and vote with your wallet

hioctane
06-16-2010, 10:40 AM
Ok.. I read the disagreement. I'll admit I didn't know the details before.. :D Management offered a 29% raise and $3000 signing bonus over 5 years. Pilots balked and wanted an immediate full 29% raise immediately. I think this is ludicrous. I think the pilots are in the wrong here.. How do you expect a company to stay in business taking such a big hit immediately?

Klockman
06-16-2010, 10:47 AM
Ok.. I read the disagreement. I'll admit I didn't know the details before.. :D Management offered a 29% raise and $3000 signing bonus over 5 years. Pilots balked and wanted an immediate full 29% raise immediately. I think this is ludicrous. I think the pilots are in the wrong here.. How do you expect a company to stay in business taking such a big hit immediately?

Pilots are wrong if they want 29%, but that's where they began negotiating.

Read the rest of the disagreement, focusing on changes to made to seniority and the 401K, that's a bigger pill to swallow. And that's the biggest obstacle in my opinion.

I don't know how you tell a pilot that although he's worked for you 8 years, that because you've determined that a full year is 650 flying hours and your math has turned that pilot who had 8 years seniority into one with 3 years. That's fucking with the guys pension, his future, his seniority and eventually screws him from raises and pushes back his retirement several years. I'd never accept that

Pilots went 3 years no contract while Spirit made $107 Mil last year, something had to give.

Pilots will come off that 29% stuff and take 15-20% over a 5 year term. And Spirit will grandfather their 650 hours proposal so it doesn't affect service already given.

I hope

jacknback
06-16-2010, 11:42 AM
I don't think the FA's walked the news said they were furloughed then I guess they decided to join the line.I myself will continue to use Spirit.When you only get a small SS check you have to seek out the deals where you can get them.I've only got a couple of years left physically in this game so I'm trying to take full advantage.

hioctane
06-16-2010, 11:51 AM
There needs to be some law to prevent such strikes.. Such as you need a new contract 6 months before the old contract ends. Everyday you are late, you get fined (union and employer). This will squeeze them into coming up with a compromise.

Klockman
06-16-2010, 07:43 PM
And as predicted, agreement reached and Spirit turns it into a marketing campaign.

Let's see how this plays out

Strikingly Low Fares!

$50 Off* (http://link.spiritairlines.com/u.d?aYGobOFrPNSrPJ86mQr=21) PLUS 5,000 Bonus Miles* (http://link.spiritairlines.com/u.d?D4GobOFrPNSrPJ86mQxh=51)!

We're ready for take off - jump on board!
Spirit Airlines is pleased to announce that we're flying again with flights resuming Friday, June 18. We've reached a tentative agreement with our pilots that allows us to be successful for years to come and achieve our mission of continuing to bring you ultra low fares.

We want to thank you for supporting us during this time by giving you an unprecedented offer. Jump start your travel plans with $50 off (http://link.spiritairlines.com/u.d?A4GobOFrPNSrPJ86mQwL=231)* (http://link.spiritairlines.com/u.d?b4GobOFrPNSrPJ86mQu=31) your next flight AND 5,000 FREE SPIRIT™ bonus miles* (http://link.spiritairlines.com/u.d?P4GobOFrPNSrPJ86mQxV=91). We want to thank you for your loyalty, and we hope you accept this gift on behalf of the entire Spirit family.

To get $50 off your next flight, read the details on booking below.
This offer is valid for travel on the flight dates listed below. All you have to do is enter 50OFF in the Promotion Code box on the home page when booking your flight. You will then receive $50 off* (http://link.spiritairlines.com/u.d?VYGobOFrPNSrPJ86mQxb=71) a roundtrip purchase when booking a qualifying flight! (Promotional code discount cannot be applied to $9 Fare Club exclusive fares.)

psriches
06-16-2010, 08:02 PM
But what's the catch with this $50 deal??

Spirit gives nothing away without small print.

Klockman
06-16-2010, 08:06 PM
But what's the catch with this $50 deal??

Spirit gives nothing away without small print.

I'm just as bad as they are, next time I'll cut/paste the entire e-mail!

Just book by 11:59 PM ET on June 18, 2010 and enter 50OFF (all caps, no spaces) in the Promotion Code box on the home page when booking your flight to save $50* (http://link.spiritairlines.com/u.d?Z4GobOFrPNSrPJ86mQwi=181) off your roundtrip purchase for travel from June 18, 2010 through November 17, 2010.

Once the promotional code is entered, fares displayed will automatically reflect a promotional discount of $25 off each way for a total discount of $50* (http://link.spiritairlines.com/u.d?WYGobOFrPNSrPJ86mQwn=191) when purchasing a roundtrip reservation. Additional terms, conditions, taxes and fees (http://link.spiritairlines.com/u.d?W4GobOFrPNSrPJ86mQwc=201) apply. Baggage charges (http://link.spiritairlines.com/u.d?R4GobOFrPNSrPJ86mQxQ=81) may apply.

Let's see if anyone that said they'd never use Spirit runs back to Spirit, and most importantly, we learned a lesson on CBA negotiations in this thread once we got past the rhetoric.

Klockman knew.

jacknback
06-16-2010, 10:05 PM
I for 1 am really glad thuis is a done deal.Now I can use free miles!!!!!I love the way Spirit does the miles to.You use 5000 to go to DR and they give you the 1500 that it is round trip even though you are using your free miles.So actually you get to DR for 3500 miles!

hioctane
06-16-2010, 10:31 PM
Interesting... So this is enough miles for a round trip to MDE? I might have to jump on the offer... :lol: We are all such whores! :rofl:

Hunter
06-17-2010, 10:58 AM
Your union dues at work:

Buying the union boss hookers :p:p:p

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/union_boss_hog_in_hooker_scam_rznUkXchOvSCUBALLAmz9J

Klockman
06-17-2010, 05:17 PM
Your union dues at work:

Buying the union boss hookers :p:p:p

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/union_boss_hog_in_hooker_scam_rznUkXchOvSCUBALLAmz9J

Every time I read an article or hear about some of these guys with the huge hooker bills I wonder why don't they just get on a plane?

What we do can't be that much of a secret is it?

Klockman
06-17-2010, 09:21 PM

This is the one we need to watch, here we have the $140,000 pilots without a contract for 4 years that want the same salaries they made pre 9/11 when they sacrificed to keep AA in business.

This is the dispute that will set the bar for pilots compensation and in turn, what we'll pay for fares

http://www.time.com/time/business/article/0,8599,1997688,00.html

Good news for stranded travelers. The Spirit Airlines pilots strike, which left many Florida vacationers stranded, was called off at 8:28pm Wednesday evening, as a union recorded voice message said, "we held the line, well done," and instructed pilots to return to work. Though the details of the tentative settlement are still unkown, Capt. Sean Creed, leader of the Spirit unit of Air Line Pilots Association (ALPA) released a statement noting "increases in pay and retirement benefits," were among the gains achieved in the negotiations. Spirit flights are expected to resume Friday.

While the strike is over, the airline industry's labor problems are not since other unions will likely seek to capitalize on any gains achieved by Spirits' pilots. "Every other pilot group in the country is frustrated with their inability to get a new contract," says Thomas Kochan, an industrial relations professor at MIT's Sloan School of Management and co-author of Up in the Air: How Airlines Can Improve their Performance by Engaging their Employees. "If they got substantial increase, others are going to be bolstered to push harder in negotiations themselves." (See which businesses are bucking the recession.) (http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,1879548_1879547,00.html)

(http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,1879548_1879547,00.html)
As union members see it, there is plenty of lost ground to make up. The airline industry shedded up 100,000 jobs, and cut $15 billion in wages and benefits over the last 10 years, according to Kochan, and members are understandably unhappy as they watch the industry's business begin to improve without any payoff to them. The International Air Transport Association declared global traffic back to pre-recession levels and recently forecast $545 billion in revenues for 2010, up almost 13% from last year. (See TIME's 50 essential travel tips.) (http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/0,28757,1912492,00.html)

(http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/0,28757,1912492,00.html)
American Airlines (AA), currently the second largest carrier in the U.S., may be in the trickiest spot since it is currently in negotiations with its pilots "We congratulate the Spirit pilots on reaching a tentative agreement," said Gregg Overman, spokesman for the Allied Pilots Association (APA), which represents over 10,000 AA pilots, some of whom walked the Spirit picket line in solidarity, "and [we] look forward to learning about the agreement's specifics."

The APA and American have been at the table 82 times with the National Mediation Board (NMB) over the last two years, and they've been negotiating over a new contract for nearly four years. "My hair's turned grey since we started talking," says Overman. "We think that length of time is ridiculous." American's management points out that they don't set the schedule, the NMB does, and with only a handful of federal mediators available, and complex scheduling issues, cases can take a long time to hammer out. (See the best business deals of 2009.) (http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,1945379_1944139,00.html)

(http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,1945379_1944139,00.html)
Overman feels AA pilots, like those at other carriers, made deep sacrifices for the industry. "We gave up a great deal to help AA avoid bankruptcy seven years ago, and now we've watched a basic transfer of wealth to managers," he says. "It hasn't created a good atmosphere." The APA says that AA's top tier managers have seen over $330 million in stock grants since 2006, and on average, increased salary by 150%, while pilots pay rates are what they were in 1993. "It was supposed to be shared sacrifice, shared reward," says Overman.

American says its management team's total compensation is targeted at the median of the market for comparable positions within and outside the airline industry. Missy Latham, American Airlines spokeswoman, adds that "the average AA pilot makes approximately $140,000 a year," and that the "average American pilot retiring today walks away with about $2 million in cash."

Even airlines that haven't seen job cuts or furloughs, such as budget carrier AirTran, which has been profitable 9 out the last 10 years, is operating without an approved contract.

Part of the reason negotiations are dragging on, Kochan believes, is the enormous gap between expectation and reality. "Pilots want to go back to 2000 level wages, when salaries peaked," he says, "but that's not necessarily what companies can afford." But that's not the only issue: When CEOs get pay rises "that takes away from the argument that the employees can't be paid," opines Jody Hoffer Gittell, head of Brandeis University's MBA program, and another co-author of Up in the Air.

To break the logjams, Kochan urges the Secretary of Transportation Ray LaHood to show more leadership. "[LaHood] set up the Aviation Future Panel," says Kochan about the 20-person committee set up last month. "This issue should be his top priority." To get both sides to agree, most observers believe, they've got to think long term. "We've got to get away from the boom and bust model," says Kochan. "Total compensation for workers, middle management and top management should be tied to revenue and general economic conditions."

While pressures may mount this summer, unhappy pilots won't necessarily translate into more strikes. When both sides sit with the National Mediation Board the rules are that they have to get a release from the board to take "direct action," that is, go out on strike. "Spirit is a small airline, so the mediation board gave them the OK," says Kochan, "but the board is unlikely to release an airline like American for a strike." The board works well, Gittell agrees, "we don't have a lot of strikes."

jacknback
06-18-2010, 08:13 PM
Just booked a free milage trip to DR.Cost was $105.Believe it or not DR has one of the higher tax rates.By the way,Spirit starts daytime flights to Santiago,DR soon.Exactly when I don't know but my Sept.trip leaves Ft.Lauderdale at noon and gets there at 2 and coming back leaves Santiago at 3 and gets back to FT.Laud at about 5. Hmmmm lets see for those of us on a budget........1or 2 hundred and a $4 2hour bus ride by taking Spirit to Santiago or........whatever rediculous price the other airlines are charging to go to Puerto Plata.Was looking and cheapest flight out of Ft.Laud. was $459.To me it doesn't take an Einstien to figure this one out.I know Iknow I haven't got unlimited cash like most of you guys seem to have.I'm always impressed by the working man who can afford to spend thousands of dollars at a time for a week mongoring.I worked all my life and had trouble spending hundreds of dollars on a weeks vacation while I was still working and keeping up that stupid competing with the Joneses lifestyle.Oh well.if it sounds like I'm jealous your right.

naptime
06-18-2010, 08:42 PM
Just booked a free milage trip to DR.Cost was $105.Believe it or not DR has one of the higher tax rates.By the way,Spirit starts daytime flights to Santiago,DR soon.Exactly when I don't know but my Sept.trip leaves Ft.Lauderdale at noon and gets there at 2 and coming back leaves Santiago at 3 and gets back to FT.Laud at about 5. Hmmmm lets see for those of us on a budget........1or 2 hundred and a $4 2hour bus ride by taking Spirit to Santiago or........whatever rediculous price the other airlines are charging to go to Puerto Plata.Was looking and cheapest flight out of Ft.Laud. was $459.To me it doesn't take an Einstien to figure this one out.I know Iknow I haven't got unlimited cash like most of you guys seem to have.I'm always impressed by the working man who can afford to spend thousands of dollars at a time for a week mongoring.I worked all my life and had trouble spending hundreds of dollars on a weeks vacation while I was still working and keeping up that stupid competing with the Joneses lifestyle.Oh well.if it sounds like I'm jealous your right.

I'm looking forward to daytime flight at sti. Then I can take the metro instead of taxi.

I'm with ya jack. I can't afford to toss around 800 or more on a flight.

jacknback
06-19-2010, 03:09 PM
Joe and I will be on the Metro bus next week!!

BadJokes
10-19-2010, 04:01 PM
Has anybody joined the Spirit Air $9.00 club?

I'm thinking of enrolling but wanted to get some opinions of those who have already joined AND booked flights.
Has anybody had trouble booking the discount fare both ways? What about the availability?

I looked at the website and they seem to have some pretty descent fares.
Is it legit or will I be hit with an ass of hidden fees once I book?:eek:

naptime
10-19-2010, 04:19 PM
Has anybody joined the Spirit Air $9.00 club?

I'm thinking of enrolling but wanted to get some opinions of those who have already joined AND booked flights.
Has anybody had trouble booking the discount fare both ways? What about the availability?

I looked at the website and they seem to have some pretty descent fares.
Is it legit or will I be hit with an ass of hidden fees once I book?:eek:

its absolutely worth it. It pays for itself the first time you book a flight. Most fares are always cheaper for members. And then when they do super specials its even better.

When they do 50 off coupons, you can do it over and above the fare club price.

You pay half for checked bags..

They have great flights to Florida and to Columbia. The dr flight is dirt cheap, disadvantage being the time into sti. But time into SD isn't bad.

I have no complaints about the fair club. And ill be renewing when the time comes.

Also if you get there credit card you get free flights. I think 3. Plus the credit card gets you priority boarding, as well as check in at the counter.

Yes the club is well worth the 40 bucks. The credit card is worth it too if ya have good credit and get approved. Bastards. Lol.

Do it !

Talis
10-19-2010, 05:03 PM
I recently joined and booked my first flight.. If you are going to fly spirit anyway then for sure you should join - it will save you money. Remember that they auto-renew each year if you do not stop them.

You will have more fees - better seat, carry-on, the bag fees, tax of course.. For example: My "airfare" for this upcoming trip was $20.00 ($1.00 up, $19.00 back). I upgraded the seats for $40.00, one bag each way $40.00 and then taxes for $159.80 for a total of 259.80 for round trip from FLL to STI..

For me this flight actually saves time as I used to spend a night in a hotel in Miami.. Now I can fly straight there and then tazi to Sousa. I arrive in Sosua about 10 hours sooner and did not pay $100 for the hotel in Miami - I do have to pay for a taxi to Sosua and I am in Sosua unless I want to wait for the bus (5 hours).

Jimmydr
10-19-2010, 05:50 PM
I got the credit card and with it, 15,000 miles and free admission to the $9 club.

psriches
10-19-2010, 06:29 PM
I got the credit card and with it, 15,000 miles and free admission to the $9 club.I got the card a couple years ago. I never got the free flight promised and my free miles expired after a year.

Jimmydr
10-19-2010, 06:30 PM
I got the card a couple years ago. I never got the free flight promised and my free miles expired after a year.

Well why did you wait a year?

psriches
10-19-2010, 06:33 PM
Well why did you wait a year?At the time, I had 120,000 miles on American, 70,000 miles on Continental and 2 free vouchers on Delta. So i just didn't get to it!!!

Jimmydr
10-19-2010, 06:34 PM
At the time, I had 120,000 miles on American, 70,000 miles on Continental and 2 free vouchers on Delta. So i just didn't get to it!!!

You poor baby. So many miles, so little time.:rofl:

Kevy
10-19-2010, 06:34 PM
At the time, I had 120,000 miles on American, 70,000 miles on Continental and 2 free vouchers on Delta. So i just didn't get to it!!!

wow hard choices there:rofl:

TNT72
10-19-2010, 07:26 PM
I got the card a couple years ago. I never got the free flight promised and my free miles expired after a year.

If you use the card once a month. Even if it's $5.00 and you pay it off at the end of each month, your miles never expire.

jacknback
10-19-2010, 07:39 PM

You need to use "some" of your miles within a certain period of time.It is explained somewhere in the reedeming your miles page.I've been both a member and then a Master card holder and have taken at least 4 trips with miles and saved plenty of dough by being a member.

BadJokes
10-19-2010, 10:16 PM
Thanks for the feedback.

I went ahead and enrolled.....so much for trying to curb my addiction to Chocha Dominicana.

osgood
10-20-2010, 05:34 PM
Regarding the miles,found it hard to book a flight with award-miles,maybe it is phone booking only?

Talis
12-13-2010, 08:49 AM
I was just looking over the Spirit schedule for February and noticed that the flight times have changed for Santiago and Santo Domingo.. There are only two flights per week for Santiago (Wed and Fri - I don't remember what they were before) while Santo Domingo is everyday.. but more importantly are the times..

Santiago now leaves at 11:15am and arrives at 2:09pm

Santo Domingo now leaves at 2:45 and arrives at 5:58pm

No more 2am arrival times!

So.. you can fly into Santiago on a Friday afternoon, rent a car with the "casa del conductor" insurance (offered in Santiago and Santo Domingo only) so that you don't go to nakid-guy jail when you mow over some motoconchos, and drive yourself to Sosua by 4:30pm Friday night..

The return times a a bit wacky.. Santiago returns on Wed/Sat. The Wed flights are in the afternoon (3:05pm) and Saturdays is 4:09am

Santiago return at 6:55pm everyday.

I have not really paid much attention to the Santo Domingo flights inthe past so they may not have changed much..

Looks like the schedule changes start January 12.. and prices for all flights for both airports are set at 16 bucks through February, no $9 club membership needed.

Talis
12-13-2010, 08:53 AM
Well shit.. One thing... Looking out further into March/April looks like they are returning back to the 2:00am times or they have not gotten around to updating those yet...

ilv4play
12-13-2010, 02:24 PM
Hey Talis, What does it cost you to get to Sosua from Santiago and how long does it take. We are going to the Palms April 16th-24th and are trying to get our flights figured out from Orlando or Tampa. It would be nice to fly into POP but it seems the choices are limited and I really do not want to fly to JFK and back.

hwyrider37
12-13-2010, 02:34 PM
You're right that beats the hell out of 2 am arrival and 4 am departure. It would be nice if they don't change it back. I didn't think Spirit was the greatest, but it saved me some money in the long run and it would be idea to rent a car and just drive to Sosua or Cabarete. Thanks for the update T.

Roy
12-13-2010, 02:59 PM
Hey Talis, What does it cost you to get to Sosua from Santiago and how long does it take. We are going to the Palms April 16th-24th and are trying to get our flights figured out from Orlando or Tampa. It would be nice to fly into POP but it seems the choices are limited and I really do not want to fly to JFK and back.

I just did that trip a month ago.

Airport to Hotel Colonial - 500 pesos
Hotel Colonial - 2 twin bed room, fan no a/c - 496 pesos
Hotel Colonial to Caribe/Metro - 500 pesos
Caribe/Metro to Charamicos/Sosua - less than 200 pesos.

http://www.caribetours.com.do/index.php/viajes/get_travel

http://www.metroserviciosturisticos.com/rutas_horarios.html

Jimmydr
12-13-2010, 03:36 PM
So far I bought 1 RT airfare to Medellin for $255. By next week, I will have my second RT.

Talis
12-13-2010, 07:20 PM

Depends on how you choose to travel... A taxi during the day ran me 2000 pesos. Going back at nights cost 80-100 dollars depending on who you get.

There are a couple of other options depending - I rented a vehicle last time and I will rent a vehicle from now on so I would pick it up there and drive (less than a two hour drive) - for four days or less the vehicle rental is less that the taxi ride back and forth anyway...

If you take the Bus - they have A/C and are comfy. The cost is dirt cheap. They only go in the daytime.

Right now it looks like April is a nighttime arrival so your options are limited - go to the bus station and wait a few hours for them to open.. Or have a taxi drop you off at a cabana for a few hours and then in the morning head over to the BUS or Car Rental Place...

So many options!

princepointe
12-13-2010, 08:24 PM
When this comes to Texas in May I'M ALL OVER THIS SHIT. lol. 220 from DFW-SDQ. 260 DFW-MDE. Come on son. lol

jacknback
12-13-2010, 08:52 PM
they were going to do this a couple of months ago for construction going on in Santiago.who knows........maybe they are working on both airports.
All I know is those 2 and 4 am flights in and out of Santiago suck big time but I can't bitch to much cause the price is right.

jacknback
12-13-2010, 09:09 PM
I booked a flight Dec.2nd leaving Ft.Lauderdale on Jan.31 with miles and cash.Cash fee was $79 RT milage was 7000.How the fuck you gonna beat that?
Now I'll give 'em $40 for a carry on down and back and the cost will be,,,,,,,,,,,,,TA DA!!!!!!!!!!!!$119.Oh yeh I did mention that this is RT didn't I??
I've never had problems redeaming miles just had to be flexable with my days.This milage period started on Jan.19 but I couldn't get a flight untill the 31st.as all the pre-exsisting free seats were already booked.This shit is a few years old now and mucho people are catching on!
TNT72 has it right.just use your Spirit Master Card once a month for ANY purchase and your miles never expire and you continue to enjoy the $9 fare club gratis.

ROVER
12-13-2010, 10:37 PM
I just did that trip a month ago.

Airport to Hotel Colonial - 500 pesos
Hotel Colonial - 2 twin bed room, fan no a/c - 496 pesos
Hotel Colonial to Caribe/Metro - 500 pesos
Caribe/Metro to Charamicos/Sosua - less than 200 pesos.

http://www.caribetours.com.do/index.php/viajes/get_travel

http://www.metroserviciosturisticos.com/rutas_horarios.html

More like 200 pesos. Don't let them bullshit you.

osgood
12-13-2010, 10:49 PM
Had a hard time trying to redeem miles online,well it turned out i couldn't anyway,so phoned up spirit and was able to get fll/sjo r.trip in may,for $58 and 5000 miles...aa is 30,000 miles plus $$fee round trip mia/sjo..off peak....

hugrad95a
12-13-2010, 11:19 PM
Damn $49 dollars to Colombia one way 272 less 35 dollar coupon looks real good.

Jimmydr
03-25-2011, 01:29 PM
Thanks for the feedback.

I went ahead and enrolled.....so much for trying to curb my addiction to Chocha Dominicana.

So are you happy with it?

BlueDevil
03-25-2011, 01:49 PM
So are you happy with it?

Spirit has even me trained to jump through hoops. :rolleyes: Joined last month...booked my first flight (very cheap)...the airline got me to MDE in one piece along with my toothbrush and a change of underwear. :biggrin:

hioctane
03-25-2011, 02:11 PM
Spirit has even me trained to jump through hoops. :rolleyes: Joined last month...booked my first flight (very cheap)...the airline got me to MDE in one piece along with my toothbrush and a change of underwear. :biggrin:

Same here. Last time I went, I used a personal item (largest laptop bag I could find that fits underneath the seat - barely). Someone told me to just put the bag on top because i twas really tough getting it under there. :lol: On the way back, they saw my bag and gave me an exit aisle seat and I still put my bag on top.

The $9 fare is barely worth it now. Flights are jacked up double across the board . You're saving like $30 if you're a member and there's a lot less $9 discount fares too. :mad:

Jimmydr
03-25-2011, 02:12 PM
Same here. Last time I went, I used a personal item (largest laptop bag I could find that fits underneath the seat - barely). Someone told me to just put the bag on top because i twas really tough getting it under there. :lol: On the way back, they saw my bag and gave me an exit aisle seat and I still put my bag on top.

The $9 fare is barely worth it now. Flights are jacked up double across the board . You're saving like $30 if you're a member and there's a lot less $9 discount fares too. :mad:

You can fly American and pay $300 more if you like.

Sidney
07-15-2011, 12:31 PM
Reconfirmation and repeating. This cheap ass, low life airline refuses to compensate me for a bag that they damaged. AVOID flying them, as I most definitley will !!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Jimmydr
07-15-2011, 12:32 PM
Reconfirmation and repeating. This cheap ass, low life airline refuses to compensate me for a bag that they damaged. AVOID flying them, as I most definitley will !!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Its great to know that I will never bump into you in Florida.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

JD426
07-15-2011, 02:16 PM
Sindey is just a glass is half empty type personality, thats all :lol:.

I can see his point... I have like $59 american tourister Luggage, for this exact reason, so if it comes down the chute, and its ripped as long as I have all my socks underwear & shorts still in there, in tact , IM GOOD.. But If its wide open and all my shit it gone, then im gonna blow a gasket too.
But otherwise I would not even bother filing a report, cause you know they wont do shit, just not worth the aggrevation and lost vacartion time.

But some people maybe like to show off their $400 GUCCI Luggage ? , and I would be pissed too if they fucked it up and then refused to pay for the damage.

Sidney
07-15-2011, 02:53 PM
Sindey is just a glass is half empty type personality, thats all :lol:.

I can see his point... I have like $59 american tourister Luggage, for this exact reason, so if it comes down the chute, and its ripped as long as I have all my socks underwear & shorts still in there, in tact , IM GOOD.. But If its wide open and all my shit it gone, then im gonna blow a gasket too.
But otherwise I would not even bother filing a report, cause you know they wont do shit, just not worth the aggrevation and lost vacartion time.

But some people maybe like to show off their $400 GUCCI Luggage ? , and I would be pissed too if they fucked it up and then refused to pay for the damage.All the majors pay for their destruction. As they say, ''you get what you pay for!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

jacknback
07-15-2011, 07:49 PM
Ahhhhhhhh another empty seat that I can get!!!:iconTU::iconTU::iconTU::iconTU::iconTU:

I buy my carry-ons at the swap-shop or K-Mart,Big Lots or someplace like these for around $12.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Maverick77
07-16-2011, 01:44 PM

If you're flying to Medellin you have be careful with size of the personal item. At MDE, they have a box / frame with the exact dimensions (16x14x12) and if your item looks oversize, they'll ask you to put it in. If it stick out even an inch, they'll consider it a carry on and charge you.

jacknback
07-16-2011, 08:01 PM
Can't say that doesn't happen,but in 8 flights out of Medellin in the past couple of years it has never happened to me nor have I seen it happen to anyone else and I usually end up STUFFING a backpack under the seat along with my carry on!!!!
What I do see happening all the time is people trying to get under the weight requirements and pulling things out of their bags but that seems to happen even upon leaving the USA!!!

osgood
08-02-2011, 02:23 PM
I am still using the spirit card from barclays bank,and with a purchase each month,still in the $9 fare club free....

jacknback
08-02-2011, 07:29 PM
I am still using the spirit card from barclays bank,and with a purchase each month,still in the $9 fare club free....
I dropped the old one and got the new one from BOA a couple of months ago and haven't been charged anything for $9 fare yet.
If I still had the Barclay one I would be worried about wether or not I could purchase my ticket or if I would be awarded miles.
According to the web site you need to do purchases with the credit card and if the credit card is now BOA and not Barclays I wonder what will happen.
Who knows,maybe they will honor it untill it expires.

TNT72
08-02-2011, 08:17 PM
I dropped the old one and got the new one from BOA a couple of months ago and haven't been charged anything for $9 fare yet.
If I still had the Barclay one I would be worried about wether or not I could purchase my ticket or if I would be awarded miles.
According to the web site you need to do purchases with the credit card and if the credit card is now BOA and not Barclays I wonder what will happen.

My barclay's isn't expired, it's still valid, and I can use if if I want. I just haven't used it. I'm sure you'll get the miles, as long as you use the BOA one.

ROVER
08-02-2011, 08:43 PM

If you don't know we're sunk.

Your the I.S.O.C. Spirit go to guy :rofl:

Dave Diaz
08-02-2011, 09:12 PM
Sorry to thread jack for just a second but Continental airlines has EWR to SDQ for 299 after taxes, ITS ADVERTISED AS 198 RT. After the taxes its 299, THAT IS CRAZYYYY makes me want to plan a quick trip just becausee its so cheap.

Anyone looked into this yet or got that email with the continental airlines specials???

TNT72
08-02-2011, 09:17 PM
My $9 club membership just got renewed on 8/1. For another 30 days. No fee.

psriches
08-02-2011, 10:10 PM
Sorry to thread jack for just a second but Continental airlines has EWR to SDQ for 299 after taxes, ITS ADVERTISED AS 198 RT. After the taxes its 299, THAT IS CRAZYYYY makes me want to plan a quick trip just becausee its so cheap.

Anyone looked into this yet or got that email with the continental airlines specials???Jet Blue has the same deal going to POP and STI.

BCell
08-02-2011, 11:51 PM
you can check your $9 fare club expiration date and details when you login to spiritair.com....you should get $9 fare club for free for 1 year from the date you opened the Barclay's card (at least 1 year, if you opted out in time, you're probably getting more).
For Barclays, if you already had paid $9 fare club membership and then got the barclays card, like me last year, the free spirit system will say the "days remaining" amount for the $9 fare PAID membership and when that hits 0, the counter will reset with the amount of days you have from the 1 year on the Barclay card.

jacknback
08-23-2011, 08:03 PM
If your a $9 fare club member I just saw dates open in Oct. to STI for $3.01 each way from Ft.Lauderdale.
This is in itself a great deal but don't forget its a 3a.m.arrival and departure and that DRs airline taxes are some of the worst in the east......but still!!!!!

ROVER
08-23-2011, 08:21 PM
If your a $9 fare club member I just saw dates open in Oct. to STI for $3.01 each way from Ft.Lauderdale.
This is in itself a great deal but don't forget its a 3a.m.arrival and departure and that DRs airline taxes are some of the worst in the east......but still!!!!!

That's nothing short of a gift. :bigthumbup: Thank's Jack

Dave Diaz
08-23-2011, 08:30 PM

SIMILAR DEAL for FLL to Montego Bay, Jamaica 3.00 flights each way. Whats with this new calendar?? looks strange.

Anyway this might make it interesting to fly using someone else just to get to FLL and fly for a cool 6 bucks plus taxes, total thats only $150. You people in FLL are lucky as hell. I just need to find some cheap flights to FLL and id pull the trigger on something like this, maybe not so strong for DR but Jamaica?? shitt thats on my listtt.

THANKS for postinggg Great Update and Makes me definitely want to consider that $9 club. Its too bad i live in NY. Or id LOVE spirit too

jacknback
08-23-2011, 09:29 PM
I might book to STI,I don't know.
I'm having a hard time getting excited about the DR after a few trips to Medellin even for that cheap.:(:(:(:(
Now Jamaica........ah,I don't know about that either.After all the pics posted here I've seen, I have to say I'm not that impressed with the quality of P4P women there.Like we always say YMMV

Dave Diaz
08-23-2011, 09:53 PM
I'm having a hard time getting excited about the DR after a few trips to Medellin even for that cheap.:(:(:(:(
Now Jamaica........ah,I don't know about that either.After all the pics posted here I've seen, I have to say I'm not that impressed with the quality of P4P women there.Like we always say YMMV

Theres two reasons for me to go to Jamaica, Seaweed already helped me confirm one thing but as far as the women I believe they would turn me on to no end. I agree with you about having a hard time to get excited about DR lately, I had a flight booked and I cancelled it because all I could think about was Angeles. After I booked that I booked another trip through CO to SDQ because it was $99 each way (Total $300) plus I was going to get 2000 or 2500 bonus miles if I flew before 10/31.

If it wasnt for that I dont know if I would have booked a DR flight but that offer was too sweet to refuse. Since then i'm kind of excited about heading back to DR for a short trip. I think it was just a summer phase I was going through since I knew i couldnt go.

I saw Medellin flights from FLL for $65 for labor day weekend. Thats INSANEEE though im surprised I didnt see a $3 flight :rofl::rofl:

Jimmydr
08-24-2011, 09:16 AM
Theres two reasons for me to go to Jamaica, Seaweed already helped me confirm one thing but as far as the women I believe they would turn me on to no end. I agree with you about having a hard time to get excited about DR lately, I had a flight booked and I cancelled it because all I could think about was Angeles. After I booked that I booked another trip through CO to SDQ because it was $99 each way (Total $300) plus I was going to get 2000 or 2500 bonus miles if I flew before 10/31.

If it wasnt for that I dont know if I would have booked a DR flight but that offer was too sweet to refuse. Since then i'm kind of excited about heading back to DR for a short trip. I think it was just a summer phase I was going through since I knew i couldnt go.

I saw Medellin flights from FLL for $65 for labor day weekend. Thats INSANEEE though im surprised I didnt see a $3 flight :rofl::rofl:

The main reason to go at least once is, its a great place.

Jimmydr
08-24-2011, 09:16 AM

They speak English there so you may like it.

Dave Diaz
08-24-2011, 10:57 AM
The main reason to go at least once is, its a great place.

That and to visit the house that jimmy built. Definitely great reasons to visit.

I hear your a modern day jesus christ. Transforming family hotels into monger friendly habitats. Thank u sir.

Dave Diaz
08-24-2011, 11:03 AM

You should know the best things aren't posted on the board. A lot of girls don't even take or allow pics and a lot of us aren't up for the hassle of convincing her to take the pics when she's right before your eyes right now. Same goes with many things, I'm happy sea got me a pic to confirm something but his explanation of the scene and the hotel info was enough to convince me to want to try it. And they speak englishhh no misunderstandingsss.

Jimmydr
08-24-2011, 11:12 AM
You should know the best things aren't posted on the board. A lot of girls don't even take or allow pics and a lot of us aren't up for the hassle of convincing her to take the pics when she's right before your eyes right now. Same goes with many things, I'm happy sea got me a pic to confirm something but his explanation of the scene and the hotel info was enough to convince me to want to try it. And they speak englishhh no misunderstandingsss.

Well, hate to tell you this but I usually get pictures with most of my amigas and they are posted at higher levels.

Dave Diaz
08-24-2011, 11:26 AM
Well, hate to tell you this but I usually get pictures with most of my amigas and they are posted at higher levels.

I gotta reach this green status and see what that's all about. So mysterious behind the curtain over there.

I only speak from my personal experiences in dr. I've given up on the pics since I ain't much of a photographer anyway and girls generally oppose with all the internet questions...prob a lot easier for a vet like urself tho than it is for someone like me.

Jimmydr
08-24-2011, 11:30 AM
I gotta reach this green status and see what that's all about. So mysterious behind the curtain over there.

I only speak from my personal experiences in dr. I've given up on the pics since I ain't much of a photographer anyway and girls generally oppose with all the internet questions...prob a lot easier for a vet like urself tho than it is for someone like me.

You answered your own question.:rofl::rofl:

ROVER
08-24-2011, 03:57 PM

I'll be STI / Sosua Oct. 8th to 19th :wink:

jacknback
08-24-2011, 09:01 PM
:rofl:
They speak English there so you may like it.
I enjoy myself even where they don't speak english.
Besides its the Kings English and I'd need Weyland to translate for me.They start talking all that "blimey blokes"shit and with the accent I'm more lost than in Medellin!!!

jacknback
08-24-2011, 09:03 PM
South FL is loaded with Jamaicans and I can't hardly understand the ones here.
They get to talking fast and the average American is lost.

jacknback
08-24-2011, 09:03 PM
But all that said.......I might go sometime.

SeaWeed
08-24-2011, 10:39 PM

it's a whole different world and it makes a huge difference being green....

SeaWeed
08-24-2011, 10:40 PM
South FL is loaded with Jamaicans and I can't hardly understand the ones here.
They get to talking fast and the average American is lost.lol.......you haven't seen nuthin till you are in Jamaica and dem start talking patois.......lol

jacknback
08-30-2011, 08:20 PM
I got good news and bad news.........

1st the good news:

I just booked RT to Medellin 1/30/12 thru 2/08/12 for $65 plus 10,000 miles.

Also observed $3.01 flights to San Jose,CR in October if you are a $9 fare club member!!

Now the bad news (some what bad news):

This is,as we all,know the end of August and I wasn't able to book a trip with off-peak miles untill the end of next Jan.
Customer Rep. said it is hard to get off-peak miles now unless you book out 4 to 6 months!!!so if your looking to use off-peak miles you better take a look because Jan. or Feb. is your next best chance unless they get a cancellation and for $65 bucks most people won't even bother cause they ain't getting there money back anyway.

But.....all you guys that want to try CR again or for the first time this might be a good time.

Kevy
08-30-2011, 09:25 PM
I will be there around the same time, i guess you will be needing another countdown soon.

Jimmydr
08-31-2011, 10:12 AM
Now the bad news (some what bad news):

This is,as we all,know the end of August and I wasn't able to book a trip with off-peak miles untill the end of next Jan.
Customer Rep. said it is hard to get off-peak miles now unless you book out 4 to 6 months!!!so if your looking to use off-peak miles you better take a look because Jan. or Feb. is your next best chance unless they get a cancellation and for $65 bucks most people won't even bother cause they ain't getting there money back anyway.

But.....all you guys that want to try CR again or for the first time this might be a good time.

I booked my Thai trip 10 months in advance. You guys that wait, will never get your free seats.

TNT72
08-31-2011, 10:20 AM
In June, I booked Spirit to SDQ, about 30 days out. Cost me 70,000 miles! June only cost me 25,000 miles and I was only 60 days out.

Jimmydr
08-31-2011, 10:21 AM
In June, I booked Spirit to SDQ, about 30 days out. Cost me 70,000 miles! June only cost me 25,000 miles and I was only 60 days out.

Book Oct 1 - around Oct 20 and so many seats are open.

TNT72
08-31-2011, 10:24 AM
Unless business picks up, this will probably be my last trip of the year. Taking the kids to Disney in November.

But, never know when I'm gonna hit a big bond and get drunk, and wake upbin the DR!!

Jimmydr
08-31-2011, 10:26 AM
Unless business picks up, this will probably be my last trip of the year. Taking the kids to Disney in November.

But, never know when I'm gonna hit a big bond and get drunk, and wake upbin the DR!!

I hope you stick around even if you are not traveling.

TNT72
08-31-2011, 10:27 AM
Oh shit. I'm not going anywhere.

jacknback
08-31-2011, 07:58 PM
I booked my Thai trip 10 months in advance. You guys that wait, will never get your free seats.

I hear ya.......I kept saying back in June when I booked this Sept.trip that I was going to book another trip and kept putting it off.....Oh well,live and learn......no,wait a minute.I knew I should have booked and kept putting it off so lets face it....I fucked up.:asshole::asshole::asshole::stupid::stupid::stupid:

jacknback
08-31-2011, 08:00 PM
I will be there around the same time, i guess you will be needing another countdown soon.
My dates are 1/30 thru 2/8............not for the clock,for you!!!

Kevy
08-31-2011, 08:02 PM
My dates are 1/30 thru 2/8............not for the clock,for you!!!

I will be in Medellin Feb 6-11

jacknback
08-31-2011, 08:02 PM
Book Oct 1 - around Oct 20 and so many seats are open.

Your right.......thats where I saw the $3.00 CR trips.

jacknback
08-31-2011, 08:03 PM
I'll be STI / Sosua Oct. 8th to 19th :wink:

Hey Rover......did you get the $3.01 trips?

ROVER
09-01-2011, 12:20 AM
Hey Rover......did you get the $3.01 trips?

Na. I booked a while back with AA using miles.

Jimmydr
09-01-2011, 12:11 PM
The specials are coming every other day now. $22 to DR from Florida until December.

psriches
09-01-2011, 05:54 PM
The specials are coming every other day now. $22 to DR from Florida until December.When are the $252 specials to MDE returning??

jacknback
09-01-2011, 08:51 PM
The specials are coming every other day now. $22 to DR from Florida until December.

Yes but,$22 turns into $200+ with the DR taxes.

jacknback
09-01-2011, 08:55 PM
When are the $252 specials to MDE returning??

I don't know PS.You read what I was going through to book this last flight.
almost,no actually 5 months in advance.
I don't mind to much though cause I'm gonna go anyway unless I'm dead.
I just was hoping to put another trip in between some where to break up the boredom.
Going this month and would have liked to get another trip in in Nov. but no such luck unless you want to pay!!!!!

Jimmydr
09-02-2011, 08:52 AM
I don't know PS.You read what I was going through to book this last flight.
almost,no actually 5 months in advance.
I don't mind to much though cause I'm gonna go anyway unless I'm dead.
I just was hoping to put another trip in between some where to break up the boredom.
Going this month and would have liked to get another trip in in Nov. but no such luck unless you want to pay!!!!!

They have cheap fares to DR.

SeaWeed
11-12-2011, 10:26 PM
Used the $35OFF coupon on the $19 flights on Spirit tonight........
Got a $170 R/T ticket on Spirit to Jamaica from Tampa:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Mi in Negril Saturday January 21st (mi arrive at MoBay airport at 12:21PM) and mi leave Monday morning January 30th

screw those $400 and $500 fares mi been looking at all year from Tampa.........
about friggin time mon.......see you in Negril or from Negril!

jacknback
11-13-2011, 07:26 PM
Oh no.......your not gonna fly on that fucked up lousey airline that charges for your baggage and every thing else.are you?:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

SeaWeed
11-13-2011, 07:34 PM
Oh no.......your not gonna fly on that fucked up lousey airline that charges for your baggage and every thing else.are you?:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:yup....at $170 bucks mi can afford some of their nickel and dime chit

I don't understand how all year it was going to cost me $400+ to get to Jamaica....
and now they are giving the flights away.......Jekyll and Hyde chit......
actually only paying $3 total for the flights...... the $167 is fees and taxes

so do guys check a bag or check a carryon?
the likkle backpack will fit under the seat for free...

BorisDaBulletDodger
11-15-2011, 07:12 AM
yup....at $170 bucks mi can afford some of their nickel and dime chit

I don't understand how all year it was going to cost me $400+ to get to Jamaica....

If you can fit everyting into a small suitcase, I woulld recommend carry on, they will give you the dimensins. My suitcse is a little bigger, but they have never caught me. Once you fly with them,yu will notice these small steel boxes with a sign for agents to see if the bags will fit. If you try to snek luggage on without paying, they will catch you, and you will end up paying morethen f yu paid in advance.

http://spirit.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/553/session/L3RpbWUvMTMyMTM2MDI3NC9zaWQvQWt4QnNhSms=

Also another benefit of carryon is that the luggageis with you,

BorisDaBulletDodger
11-15-2011, 07:15 AM
yup....at $170 bucks mi can afford some of their nickel and dime chit

If you can fit everyting into a small suitcase, I woulld recommend carry on, they will give you the dimensins. My suitcse is a little bigger, but they have never caught me. Once you fly with them,yu will notice these small steel boxes with a sign for agents to see if the bags will fit. If you try to snek luggage on without paying, they will catch you, and you will end up paying morethen f yu paid in advance.

http://spirit.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/553/session/L3RpbWUvMTMyMTM2MDI3NC9zaWQvQWt4QnNhSms=

Also another benefit of carryon is that the luggageis with you, and they hav no chance of losing your lugguge if its not checked.

Do you do laundry service on these trips?

runmemphis
11-15-2011, 09:08 AM
I can always get a weeks worth of what i need in a carry-on and a backpack! No problems...if you want to wear something again or get it really nasty, everywhere I have been you can always give a maid $5 and they will clean, fold, and return your clothes...

jacknback
11-15-2011, 07:32 PM
If your a $9 club member or hold a Spirit Master card its $20 for carry on and $23 for checked.
If your not in a real hurry to get through customs when you get to Medellin(which never made much sense to me.what do you save time wise,1/2 hour?)you might as well check the bag and be comfortable with what you pack.It only costs $6 dollars more RT.
I like checking cause I bring regalos to amigos and amigas.
Last time I fucked Andrea for lotion,eye make-up,and lip gloss from the dollar store.A total of $3!!!(ooops sorry,plus tax so really $3.18):bigthumbup::bigthumbup::bigthumbup::bigthumbup:
For those who don't know Andrea you can find her in my past trip reports.
Believe me.........well worth $3.18:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

SeaWeed
11-15-2011, 07:46 PM
I like checking cause I bring regalos to amigos and amigas.
Last time I fucked Andrea for lotion,eye make-up,and lip gloss from the dollar store.A total of $3!!!(ooops sorry,plus tax so really $3.18):bigthumbup::bigthumbup::bigthumbup::bigthumbup:
For those who don't know Andrea you can find her in my past trip reports.
Believe me.........well worth $3.18:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
$3.18 seems like a really great deal for this Andrea in your Trip Report :iconTU::iconTU:

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=32637&d=1321404022

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=32638&d=1321404040

that's even a lot better than Roberts $300 Peso blow jobs........

so when do those classes start?

BorisDaBulletDodger
11-15-2011, 08:03 PM
$3.18 seems like a really great deal for this Andrea in your Trip Report :iconTU::iconTU:

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=32637&d=1321404022)

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=32638&d=1321404040)

that's even a lot better than Roberts $300 Peso blow jobs........

so when do those classes start?

What can I get for $6.36?

SeaWeed
11-15-2011, 08:05 PM
probably a threesome knowing Jack :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

ROVER
11-15-2011, 08:20 PM
I got to say I never fully understood the real value of $3 dollars and 18 cents until tonight ....:ilike:

jacknback
11-15-2011, 08:33 PM
I looked at the pics Seawead posted of Andrea and immediatly went to Spirits reservation site and booked RT in March for $202.12.

Now my itinerary looks as follows:

1/30 thru 2/8 $65 and miles RT

3/5 thru 3/13 $202 RT

4/18 thru 4/26 $65 and miles RT

Still need to book baggage for all 3 flights and that will cost me a total of $138

So........

For $470 I have 3 RTs to Medellin with baggage(or an average of about $157 a RT)

Not so bad IMHO!!!!:bigthumbup::bigthumbup::bigthumbup::bigthumbup::bigthumbup:

Some times its not bad living here in Ft.Lauderdale.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

jacknback
11-15-2011, 08:34 PM
:corky:

I suggested to you before that you should take my class!!!:corky::corky::corky::corky:

jacknback
11-15-2011, 08:40 PM
KEVY.........

I need 2 more count down clocks if you find the time please!!!

Here are the dates.........3/5 thru 3/13 and 4/18 thru 4/26.

ROVER
11-15-2011, 08:40 PM
I looked at the pics Seawead posted of Andrea and immediatly went to Spirits reservation site and booked RT in March for $202.12.

3/5 thru 3/13 $202 RT

Still need to book baggage for all 3 flights and that will cost me a total of $129

So........

For $471 I have 3 RTs to Medellin with baggage

Some times its not bad living here in Ft.Lauderdale.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Just make sure you have $30 left for pocket money and you'll be just fine.

SeaWeed
11-15-2011, 09:29 PM
sometimes mi wish I had picked Ft Lauderdale over Tampa........
big price difference usually between these two cities for airfare........

jacknback
11-16-2011, 06:45 PM
Tonights news says that Spirit has ordered a total of 108 new Airbuses and they will all be put in service between now and 2016.:rofl::bigthumbup::rofl::bigthumbup::rofl::bigthumbup::rofl:

SeaWeed
11-16-2011, 07:09 PM
Tonights news says that Spirit has ordered a total of 108 new Airbuses and they will all be put in service between now and 2016.:rofl::bigthumbup::rofl::bigthumbup::rofl::bigthumbup::rofl:
considering they have 35 Airbuses now.......that is huge order for them........
especially when they only had one on order previous to this huge order......
guess that CEO is feeling pretty comfortable since they are now making money....

currently they are storing 13 McDonnell Douglas MD-80's......from the old days

joeysterr
11-17-2011, 12:24 AM

3/5 thru 3/13 $202 RT

Still need to book baggage for all 3 flights and that will cost me a total of $138

So........

For $470 I have 3 RTs to Medellin with baggage(or an average of about $157 a RT)

LIVE THE LIFE JACK, LIVE THE LIFE:bigthumbup:

Jimmydr
11-17-2011, 05:10 PM
Spirit charges an $18 booking fee online they just announced on TV.

jacknback
11-17-2011, 07:31 PM

I just did a mock booking and it didn't reflect any fee for online reservations.
Also nothing is in the press release section refering to this.....yet.
Will have to check again manana.

SeaWeed
11-17-2011, 07:56 PM
my $170 R/T flight does have a Passenger Fee of $33.98........
my Taxes and Fees totaled $167.........$3 total for the flights......for a total of $170
but really it is $36.98 for the flights and $133 in Taxes and Fees.........
these Spirit executives must constantly sit around the conference table and come up with these ideas for the bottom line......

we get free parking at the Tampa Airport for the first hour.......
so driving there to buy a ticket at the Spirit counter is an option to save the $33.98 in the future.......
and it's less than 20 minutes from my house and a gallon of gas.....
though this time I used the $35OFF online coupon so it was just as cheap doing it online......
but for future reference I will probably drive to the airport to buy the ticket if I don't have the $35 OFF coupon.......
starting to sound like Jacknback now :rofl::rofl::rofl:

SeaWeed
11-17-2011, 08:00 PM
I just did a mock booking and it didn't reflect any fee for online reservations.
like I mentioned......they hide it in the taxes and fees......they have been doing this for awhile

BCell
11-18-2011, 12:12 AM
my Taxes and Fees totaled $167.........$3 total for the flights......for a total of $170
these Spirit executives must constantly sit around the conference table and come up with these ideas for the bottom line......

so driving there to buy a ticket at the Spirit counter is an option to save the $33.98 in the future.......
though this time I used the $35OFF online coupon so it was just as cheap doing it online......
but for future reference I will probably drive to the airport to buy the ticket if I don't have the $35 OFF coupon.......

the new problem is people have gotten different ticket prices at the airport (higher) than online

jacknback
11-18-2011, 08:06 PM
B......I could be mistaken,but isn't that the policy of most?
I thought it was always cheaper to book on line rather than at the airport or with a travel agent no matter what airline.:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

jacknback
11-18-2011, 08:08 PM

$35 n Medellin for me is like 2 and 2/3 chicas.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

SeaWeed
11-18-2011, 08:37 PM
I thought it was always cheaper to book on line rather than at the airport or with a travel agent no matter what airline.:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
the articles say to go to the airport to save on the online fee............
not sure if they confirmed that with Spirit or not.......
generally the tickets at the airport are more than they are online..........
but it has been awhile since I've actually tried buying a ticket at the airport.......

I made the mistake of paying a lot of cash for a airplane ticket about thirty years ago.......
and ended up getting a lot of attention drawn to myself and then interrogated cause the officials at the airport thought I might be a smuggler cause I fit the profile.......young guy traveling solo with a lot of cash......lol

deezl
11-19-2011, 11:13 AM
promo code "50OFF" $50 off [/URL]at [URL="http://t.co/K6mCuLrT"]Spirit (https://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23promocode) flying (https://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23fly) Nov 29-Dec 20

psriches
12-30-2011, 05:07 PM
The "50OFF" coupon is on and poppin again but of course it CAN'T be used for anywhere in Colombia.

What the fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad:

BorisDaBulletDodger
12-30-2011, 05:17 PM
The "50OFF" coupon is on and poppin again but of course it CAN'T be used for anywhere in Colombia.

Actually you can use the code anywhere in colombia for a $50 convience fee

psriches
12-30-2011, 05:22 PM
But then again; i guess $50 off a $700 ticket doesn't really help much anyway.:icontd:

SeaWeed
12-30-2011, 05:24 PM

but you can use it to Jamaica!
flights from Florida to Montego Bay, Jamaica are like $180R/T all in for January.....
and like $270 R/T from a lot of US cities.......elcheapo.....really tuff to beat mon
screw that $450 - $900 airfare to POP in the DR.........

Jimmydr
12-30-2011, 05:28 PM
but you can use it to Jamaica!
flights from Florida to Montego Bay, Jamaica are like $180R/T all in for January.....
and like $270 R/T from a lot of US cities.......elcheapo.....really tuff to beat mon
screw that $450 - $900 airfare to POP in the DR.........

Jamaica is not DR nor is it Colombia. Some of us only want Latinas!

SeaWeed
12-30-2011, 05:33 PM
Some of us only want Latinas!
some of us like a mix......variety is the spice of life!

psriches
12-30-2011, 05:34 PM
Jamaica is not DR nor is it Colombia. Some of us only want Latinas!I'll be bringing this up every 2 or 3 months; but are those $260 flights to MDE a thing of the past??

Do i just have to get used to $600 flights the way it was before Spirit appeared on the scene??

Jimmydr
some of us like a mix......variety is the spice of life!

Some of us had that mix and now we want to be on cruise control going thru the land of Latinas.

Jimmydr
I'll be bringing this up every 2 or 3 months; but are those $260 flights to MDE a thing of the past??

Do i just have to get used to $600 flights the way it was before Spirit appeared on the scene??

I lost my crystal ball so I can't tell you.:cheesygrin:

SeaWeed
12-30-2011, 05:37 PM
but are those $260 flights to MDE a thing of the past??

I was getting nervous with Spirit for about two years now.....
as their Montego Bay flights were getting up there like before there was any Spirit........
but finally they pulled the plugged and now offering super low prices......even lower than originally
so wouldn't be surprised if they drop their prices at some point to Meddy........

psriches
12-30-2011, 05:38 PM
I lost my crystal ball so I can't tell you.:cheesygrin:Well then, where's jacknback?? Doesn't he work for Spirit???

Jimmydr
12-30-2011, 05:39 PM
Well then, where's jacknback?? Doesn't he work for Spirit???

He is retired. He never worked for them.

SeaWeed
12-30-2011, 05:41 PM
He is retired. He never worked for them.
maybe he's a consultant.....lol

Kevy
12-30-2011, 05:44 PM
Well then, where's jacknback?? Doesn't he work for Spirit???

It only seems like he does, with the effort put in to get a cheap flight:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Jimmydr
12-30-2011, 05:45 PM
It only seems like he does, with the effort put in to get a cheap flight:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Its cheap from Ft Lauderdale.

psriches
12-30-2011, 06:15 PM
It only seems like he does, with the effort put in to get a cheap flight:rofl::rofl::rofl:But he gets offended if you say anything bad about Spirit.

Kevy
12-30-2011, 06:18 PM
But he gets offended if you say anything bad about Spirit.

I know, I never understood that:veryconfused:, some guys are the same way if you talk about their favorite Hotel/bar:wink:

I guess loyalty can go too far sometimes.

jacknback
12-30-2011, 07:05 PM
But he gets offended if you say anything bad about Spirit.

Not the right description my friend!
My defense of Spirit is about PRICE only.
Many times I have said show me a better price and I'll buy that ticket.
So far no one has.

As far as the under $300 dollar RTs from northern cities to Medellin:
For now,Spirit only has one flight a day to Medellin(as far as I know)
As long as it stays that way seats will be at a premium.Every flight I have taken in about a year has either been full or damn close to it.(usually always full on the way down)
I myself wonder,every time I get on that flight coming or going,when Spirit is going to put at least one more flight per day on the schedule.
As near as 2 years ago I could call and get a RT with miles as soon as a couple of weeks as long as it was in the off-peak time period.The last 3 times I called it hasn't been like that. I had to book almost 5 months ahead with miles for this next trip.Thats why I bought one for 1/30 and then another wasn't available untill the 18th of April so I grabbed that one also.
Again....as I posted above........2 RT tickets at $65 each and one at $202 so far this year.
Show me a cheaper ticket for any airline and I'll buy it.

By the way ps.......you better get back soon,your reputation is starting to fade!!!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

psriches
12-30-2011, 07:53 PM
By the way ps.......you better get back soon,your reputation is starting to fade!!!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:4 trips in 2011.

That's about as much as i can do!

Kevy
12-30-2011, 07:54 PM
4 trips in 2011.

That's about as much as i can do!

hell I only did 2, maybe the same in 2012.

psriches
12-30-2011, 07:59 PM
hell I only did 2, maybe the same in 2012.If the rates from here stay at $600, I'll only be doing one trip in 2012. Almost impossible to use spirit miles from the NY area and get what you want. And i'd rather use my american miles for asia because those tickets are $1500 to get what you want.

Kevy
12-30-2011, 08:01 PM
If the rates from here stay at $600, I'll only be doing one trip in 2012. Almost impossible to use spirit miles from the NY area and get what you want. And i'd rather use my american miles for asia because those tickets are $1500 to get what you want.

yeah it is 900+ from toronto, I am only going with FF miles

Jimmydr
12-31-2011, 08:56 AM
If the rates from here stay at $600, I'll only be doing one trip in 2012. Almost impossible to use spirit miles from the NY area and get what you want. And i'd rather use my american miles for asia because those tickets are $1500 to get what you want.

I will do maybe 2 trips using miles but each trip will be for at least 3 weeks.

Pana
12-31-2011, 01:41 PM
I have bee trying to book a ticket to Medellin on my Avianca miles and all miles savers 24,000 are sold out for every date I put in for 2012 the only thing that is open is business seats at 56,000. I have 100,000 miles with them and these bastards are not letting me book miles savers on every date I put in :mad:. The good old cheap fares to Medellin are done with only American, and Sprit flying directly to Medellin from the USA. Another US based airline needs to fly there in order to get competition with these other airlines so they bring down their prices to Medellin.

BCell
12-31-2011, 04:59 PM
I have bee trying to book a ticket to Medellin on my Avianca miles and all miles savers 24,000 are sold out for every date I put in for 2012 the only thing that is open is business seats at 56,000. I have 100,000 miles with them and these bastards are not letting me book miles savers on every date I put in :mad:. The good old cheap fares to Medellin are done with only American, and Sprit flying directly to Medellin from the USA. Another US based airline needs to fly there in order to get competition with these other airlines so they bring down their prices to Medellin.

It may happen in 2012

http://www.airlineinfo.com/Sites/DailyAirline/web-content/ostdocket2011/uscolombia.html

jacknback
12-31-2011, 07:37 PM
I forgot to mention(this should fire up the Spirit haters!!)that about a week ago the Fort Lauderdale Sun-Sentinal reported that Spirit said they made $5 million in baggage charges in the last year.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Jimmydr
12-31-2011, 07:38 PM
I forgot to mention(this should fire up the Spirit haters!!)that about a week ago the Fort Lauderdale Sun-Sentinal reported that Spirit said they made $5 million in baggage charges in the last year.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I saved over $600 on two trips to Medellin. Everyone did well.

jacknback
01-01-2012, 06:22 PM
hell.......I saved all sorts....I'm not bitching at all...just giving the haters something to complain about!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

psriches
01-02-2012, 05:52 PM
I saved over $600 on two trips to Medellin. Everyone did well.Yeah, 3 of my 4 trips in 2011 were with Spirit.

Spirit's low rates were the only reason i was able to go.

Jimmydr
01-03-2012, 10:24 AM
Yeah, 3 of my 4 trips in 2011 were with Spirit.

Spirit's low rates were the only reason i was able to go.

For 2012, I have enough miles for 4 trips to Medellin.

miggy99
01-03-2012, 02:44 PM
I forgot to mention(this should fire up the Spirit haters!!)that about a week ago the Fort Lauderdale Sun-Sentinal reported that Spirit said they made $5 million in baggage charges in the last year.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: That's great news!!! It will keep the fares LOW and no doubt over 90% of that cost is for women's luggage--Glad I don't foot their bills-----------

jacknback
01-03-2012, 05:51 PM
For 2012, I have enough miles for 4 trips to Medellin.
I used miles on my last 2 trips in 2011 and 2 out of 3 trips the first of 2012 and have more than enough for 1 more. I should have enough for at least another one after posting miles from the 3 trips.:iconTU::iconTU::iconTU::iconTU:

Hunter
01-03-2012, 06:28 PM
I used miles on my last 2 trips in 2011 and 2 out of 3 trips the first of 2012 and have more than enough for 1 more. I should have enough for at least another one after posting miles from the 3 trips.:iconTU::iconTU::iconTU::iconTU:

What do you mean by that....you dont earn miles from trips you use miles on :confused:

TNT72
01-03-2012, 06:34 PM
What do you mean by that....you dont earn miles from trips you use miles on :confused:

No, if you use your miles to get a ticket, you don't earn any miles.