PDA

View Full Version : Central Bank unveils new polymer 20 peso bill

gmalet
06-19-2010, 07:17 AM
http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/economy/2010/6/14/36003/Central-Bank-unveils-new-polymer-20-peso-bill

Dominican Republic’s Central Bank announced it will issue a new 20 peso bill in polymer on July 1, which it affirms will be safer, cleaner and longer lasting.

“The polymer bill is neither fibrous nor porous, so it resists more than three to four times than the bill in paper, which makes it more convenient to print bills of lower denomination," the Central Bank press release says.

It adds that the polymer bill is more hygienic because it absorbs less humidity, perspiration and dirt; and its use of modern technology and security measures makes it more difficult to counterfeit.

weyland
06-19-2010, 08:10 AM
In the late '70s I worked for a banknote printers (one of the most technically advanced in the world at that time). When I arrived they had just got a contract to print banknotes for Haïti on Tyvek, a synthetic fabric made by DuPont. They could not stop the ink rubbing off in certain combinations of temperature and friction. When I left five years later they were still trying to get it right. (Maybe that's why Haitians are short of cash?).

Let's hope the technology has advanced in the last 30 years.

Roy
06-20-2010, 08:12 PM
I promise you.... NO ONE WILL STILL HAVE CHANGE

.... will they still be able to wad it up and hand it to you like they do the others?

http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/economy/2010/6/14/36003/Central-Bank-unveils-new-polymer-20-peso-bill

Dominican Republic’s Central Bank announced it will issue a new 20 peso bill in polymer on July 1, which it affirms will be safer, cleaner and longer lasting.

“The polymer bill is neither fibrous nor porous, so it resists more than three to four times than the bill in paper, which makes it more convenient to print bills of lower denomination," the Central Bank press release says.

It adds that the polymer bill is more hygienic because it absorbs less humidity, perspiration and dirt; and its use of modern technology and security measures makes it more difficult to counterfeit.