PDA

View Full Version : Santos wins elections run-off in Colombia

3somefan
06-20-2010, 08:56 PM
My novia is furious that this guy won the elections! I have been hearing about it all day. From what she says he is very corrupt and basically conned the poor people to vote for him by promising like $15 every couple of months per child of welfare. Sounds like a lot of our politicians actually!! Many students wanted Mockus to win, and they showed their disgust for the original election results by "struggles" at most universities. My novia's university was closed this past Thursday because of the "struggle" (riot). There is almost certain to be more struggles in the following days according to her. I have been doing tons of research on Colombia the past 4 months and keep up on current events as much as I can. I am interested to see the fallout from this.

http://www.colombianews.tv/news/62010-santos-wins

Hunter
06-20-2010, 09:25 PM
Well 69% of the country voted for him....Advancing Uribles vision couldn't be a bad thing.... Unless you want FARC back and Colombia blowing up..

Uribe saved Colombia..... But I really dont know the ins and outs of the whole thing....

Safe to say your novia is in the minority :eek::eek:

Klockman
06-20-2010, 09:42 PM
Well 69% of the country voted for him....Advancing Uribles vision couldn't be a bad thing.... Unless you want FARC back and Colombia blowing up..

Uribe saved Colombia..... But I really dont know the ins and outs of the whole thing....

Safe to say your novia is in the minority :eek::eek:

Hunter knows.

Mockus is a loon and his only appeal was with students, not exactly the way to keeping the peace.

My novia and her family were big Santos supporters, we talked often about how sad they were that Uribe was leaving and that Santos was the most "Uribe like" of all the candidates.

Colombia made great strides under Uribe, you don't ask a nutbar like Mockus to try and follow that

BlueDevil
06-21-2010, 06:45 AM
Yeah, it's no surprise "Chuckie" pulled it off with a margin like that.

Jimmydr
06-21-2010, 09:06 AM
Hunter knows.

Mockus is a loon and his only appeal was with students, not exactly the way to keeping the peace.

My novia and her family were big Santos supporters, we talked often about how sad they were that Uribe was leaving and that Santos was the most "Uribe like" of all the candidates.

Colombia made great strides under Uribe, you don't ask a nutbar like Mockus to try and follow that

We get 4 more good years here.

Hunter
06-21-2010, 09:23 AM
We get 4 more good years here.

3s drinking the novia kool aid :p:p

Jimmydr
06-21-2010, 09:25 AM
3s drinking the novia kool aid :p:p

The people that I spoke to all wanted Santos. I want Santos.

psriches
06-21-2010, 11:19 AM
Santos is just an extention of Uribe.

Life continues!

And so do my flights!!!:wink:

curiousdude
06-21-2010, 11:33 AM
The people that I spoke to all wanted Santos. I want Santos.

The hookers want Santos? What does he do for them? :)

Klockman
06-21-2010, 01:39 PM

Life continues!

Yup you don't want a power vacuum or even worse a tightly contested election, 4 more years like the last 8 will be just fine.

JD426
06-21-2010, 02:51 PM
So the masses and even Putas like Santos
Future American Brides like Mackos.
got it

3somefan
06-21-2010, 06:06 PM
I didn't want this to be one of the bad political threads I participated back in the day. I was just contributing some news and views based on my research and that of the opinions of my novia and her family. There is tons of information out there on the corruption connected to Santos, including Ecuador's request for him to be extradited to Ecuador. He was also involved in the disappearance of many boys in Bogota and other areas who were killed and then later paraded as dead FARC. I believe Colombians call this a "false positive." The list goes on. Mockus even promised to extradite Santos if he had been elected. I think you can find dirt on just about everyone in politics, so do with it what you will. The novia is a teacher, so she obviously supported a politician in Mockus who promised to really put a lot of money into education.

I am not back here to get personal with people, though I am sure some would like to. I am just trying to interact and contribute.

Jimmydr
06-21-2010, 08:22 PM
The hookers want Santos? What does he do for them? :)

Hahaha but I know many taxi drivers, and people that own or work in restaurants and salons.

Jimmydr
06-21-2010, 08:23 PM

Life continues!

Senor Suave will be back.

weyland
06-21-2010, 08:39 PM
After a very welcome break from ISOC (for all parties) 3some has re-emerged in his new and latest incarnation, left-wing student activist. Last time he was posting he was singing the praises of Sarah Palin. Only thing she has in common with Mockus is that they are both unelectable.

3some has re-invented himself more times in five years than Dr Who in five decades. (Non-Brit readers unfamiliar with Dr Who may substitute "Madonna" here).

3somefan
06-21-2010, 08:41 PM
After a very welcome break from ISOC (for all parties) 3some has re-emerged in his new and latest incarnation, left-wing student activist. Last time he was posting he was singing the praises of Sarah Palin. Only thing she has in common with Mockus is that they are both unelectable.

3some has re-invented himself more times in five years than Dr Who in five decades. (Non-Brit readers unfamiliar with Dr Who may substitute "Madonna" here).

I do my best... :D

God save the queen!!

PS. You haven't seen anything yet Sir Weyland.

PSS. I am not a left-wing activist, nor a right-wing activist... I am simply sharing information I have learned about politicians I like or dislike. For your information, I do not like MOST politicians. Have a great day Weyland.

Jimmydr
06-21-2010, 08:44 PM

We give him special attention here. I guess he likes it.:D

JD426
06-21-2010, 08:45 PM
tick tock
just saying..

3somefan
06-21-2010, 08:46 PM
tick tock
just saying..

Sorry JD.. not sure what you mean? :veryconfused:

Jimmydr
06-21-2010, 08:46 PM
tick tock
just saying..

It can{t ever be smooth sailing here.

JD426
06-21-2010, 08:48 PM
Sorry JD.. not sure what you mean? :veryconfused:

T I M E W I L L T E L L /////
or should I use a crayon ?

Jimmydr
06-21-2010, 08:49 PM
T I M E W I L L T E L L /////
or should I use a crayon ?

Stop causing trouble and post a trip report so you can move up to B o D already.

3somefan
06-21-2010, 08:51 PM
It can{t ever be smooth sailing here.

Oh it will be Jimmy, sometimes a man has got to stand up for himself. Peace.

Jimmydr
06-21-2010, 08:52 PM

I was talking in general. While you were gone, two guys got banned for a short while.

Hunter
06-21-2010, 09:57 PM

Hey what happened to SJG :D.... he flew the coop :eek: