PDA

View Full Version : ATM Scams

JDR
03-25-2005, 08:10 AM
1. Use only well secured (in brick & motar, well sealed) ATMs, gaps allow for the phone lines to be tapped and your info stolen.

2. Even if you don’t need to use one go check out your ATM choices during the day! Why? Well Saturday night in Sosua I had a scam pulled on me but walked away. It works like this: two buddies wait on the side of a SUV, target approaches and Bud1 runs in front of you and gets to the ATM first, so the target gives him space and lets him do his business, now Bud2 comes up behind you and asks if you are waiting for the ATM (in english to boot!) , target turns around and kindly says “Si”, during this time frame Bud1 has attached a magnetic card reader slide to the ATM, Bud1 finishes his business and leaves, target’s turn, during my phase I walked up and went to insert my card into the slot the proper way but then Bud2 starts saying “no insert, slide”, now thankfully even though I was horny with a slight buz and needed cash I had used this ATM before and clearly remembered using it. Well I put my card in my pocket turned around and just waved my hands in a “I’m done” fashion and walked away. Just to confirm what almost happened I walked over the next morning and the slide was gone.

8) 8) 8)