PDA

View Full Version : POP Airport Security

FritoBandito
06-25-2010, 09:04 PM
Is American Airlines still giving everyone who is on departure flights the shakedown and the third degree??? They still doing full body pat-downs???

Just curious as I'm arriving shortly in the DR, easy and breezy coming in, but they now act like they don't want to let you leave....:(

LJDMV
06-26-2010, 01:06 AM
They are selecting People at random and doing that. They are searching for drugs mainly as i found on my return trip home Thursday. They have dogs smelling luggage and looking for different people to pull aside and check before getting on the plane. also when u get back to Miami they may pull you aside as they did with me and several other single male travelers from the DR. I could tell they were looking for drugs ONLY. They gave me the many questions checked my luggage briefly for drugs hidden on the sides top and bottom and let me go on my way. Do not travel with anything illegal. It is not worth it... Especially any type of drugs!!!

WSJ3_Sith_Lord
06-26-2010, 06:39 AM
Is American Airlines still giving everyone who is on departure flights the shakedown and the third degree??? They still doing full body pat-downs???

Just curious as I'm arriving shortly in the DR, easy and breezy coming in, but they now act like they don't want to let you leave....:(

No they are just going through the motions...I was there last week and they let 20 people in front of me go but as soon as I got to the security check point they treated me like Pablo Escobar.

I told them it was because of my skin color and they assured me it was not but for some strange reason they couldn't explain why the 20 Canadians and Europeans in front of me didn't need the pat down or extra searching but I did.

No its a third world country and they don't have their shite together...

At least in Colombia they are on top of their security screenings (they check everyone) not based on skin color but based on actual intelligence reports.

You don't have to take off your sneakers when you go through the xray machine and they check everybodys bag.

Don't feel offended by DR ignorance just politely let them know you understand they are profiling you and 9 times out of 10 they realize you are not the dumb American and will stop and allow you to proceed.

FritoBandito
06-26-2010, 10:28 AM
It's good to know that they let up a little on their departure screenings. Back in March, they were screening absolutely everyone and even patting down little kids.

joeysterr
06-26-2010, 03:01 PM
No they are just going through the motions...I was there last week and they let 20 people in front of me go but as soon as I got to the security check point they treated me like Pablo Escobar.

I told them it was because of my skin color and they assured me it was not but for some strange reason they couldn't explain why the 20 Canadians and Europeans in front of me didn't need the pat down or extra searching but I did.

No its a third world country and they don't have their shite together...

At least in Colombia they are on top of their security screenings (they check everyone) not based on skin color but based on actual intelligence reports.

You don't have to take off your sneakers when you go through the xray machine and they check everybodys bag.

Don't feel offended by DR ignorance just politely let them know you understand they are profiling you and 9 times out of 10 they realize you are not the dumb American and will stop and allow you to proceed.

Same thing with me. Every time, ALL-THE-TIME.:alienfu:

WSJ3_Sith_Lord
06-26-2010, 03:08 PM
It's good to know that they let up a little on their departure screenings. Back in March, they were screening absolutely everyone and even patting down little kids.

Again its not based on actual intelligence just the fact that their bosses were in their asses for not working...

It has to be consistent for it to actually work otherwise whats the point.

moshy2k
06-26-2010, 06:39 PM
I never got stopped until I started hanging with HEMP.... He got my ass pushed up against a wall with a pat down.