PDA

View Full Version : Are DR Chicas Ever on Time????

FritoBandito
06-30-2010, 10:30 PM
One of my pet peeves is that all the chicas I've ever told to meet me for a date somewhere have always been late....the "earliest" was one that showed up 15 minutes late...most are usually a half hour late or more...:(

It is fashionable for a local to wear a watch in the DR. But as far as function goes, it seems like people there are on their own time...a cultural thing...

KoKi9290
06-30-2010, 10:48 PM
In the dozens, if not hundreds of times, I had one chica show up on time. Met her thru Cupid and she was a doctor from San Pedro. Pulled up in a cab at my hotel, the Palacio in SDQ, at 7 p.m. on the dot. And she came all the way from San Pedro de Macoris. When I expressed my surprise, she said, "I'm a doctor, I have to be on time." Never happened to me again.

imrealareyou
06-30-2010, 11:22 PM
i didnt have a problem with 3 showing up on time my first trip. but i told them all to be on time or id be gone.

gdogg
07-01-2010, 12:10 AM
Of course not. Where have you been? And the chica that was 15 minutes late was really very early! It's called "dominican time" for a reason.
:lol:

steviewonder
07-01-2010, 12:40 AM
Their cell phone are their watches. And unless it rings, they never know what the fuck the time is. When in the DR do what the Dominicans do, if you want 8pm, tell them 7:30pm.

Ram
07-01-2010, 02:52 AM
....been travelling the caribbean for years, it is the same all over. The DR is actually not too bad, T&T is worse and Jamaica even worse. It actually is one of the things I envy about people living in the islands....lessens the stress of life.:lol:

continentalmike
07-01-2010, 04:09 AM
it's simple be there or I'll be gone..

then they show up on time generally

WickedWillie
07-01-2010, 07:28 AM
One of my pet peeves is that all the chicas I've ever told to meet me for a date somewhere have always been late....the "earliest" was one that showed up 15 minutes late...most are usually a half hour late or more...:(

It is fashionable for a local to wear a watch in the DR. But as far as function goes, it seems like people there are on their own time...a cultural thing...

Next time you see a chica with a watch ask her the time. In most cases the watch is not even working and even when it is the chica cannot tell the time.

Beads
07-01-2010, 11:48 AM
I dont tolerate waiting either. I say if your going to be more than 10 mins late you better call or to me your not coming.

Hoseman
07-01-2010, 11:53 AM
Sometimes they are squeezing someone else in before you or may meet some else on the way to see you if they are fine .Waiting is just a part of life over here.

naptime
07-01-2010, 02:46 PM
its the dr. i echo all the responses above.

you know they will always be late, so tell them an earlier time. then they'll be late, and on time at the same time.

i dont let it bother me, because i try not to pay much attention to my own watch when im down there. most of the time i too, dont have a clue what time it is. i dont carry a watch or my phone.

the only time i ever know what time it is, is when im at rockys because the clock is on the wall :)

shredder
07-07-2010, 10:36 AM
I'd heard the phrase, "...drag your heels" all my life but didn't know it had a literal meaning before coming to the DR. What's funny to me is they will be an hour late and walking along with no urgency in their step.

One time 2 girls were coming by my condo at 11pm to go out to the discos. Finally, at 12:15 I started walking towards where they lived to find them. I turn the corner and there they are walking towards me...walking slowly, dragging their heels and with no apparent concern about being late. :rolleyes:

I walk fast and it is VERY difficult for me to walk slowly enough to hold back with a girl I'm walking with. I feel like I'm burning out a clutch walking that slowly. The funny thing is that NOTHING seems to get them to quicken their step for even a moment. Walking across the street with a dump truck speeding towards them...? Nope...They just keep the same pace and let the wind from the truck passing cool off their backside.:rolleyes:

daddy999
07-09-2010, 01:06 AM
The ones I have set up have been on time or early. Though I have never said it to them, I get the feeling they know I won't waste much time checking out another chica if they're not there when they are supposed to be.

shredder
07-09-2010, 01:38 AM
Actually, on my first trip I hooked up with a girl that was always 30 minutes early. She was real average looking and knew she had a good deal going so she wasn't about to miss the appointment.

sporthobbyist
07-15-2010, 03:54 PM
Chica Time-just tell them an hour earlier and you will be good!

Same everywhere.
Medellin
DR
Rio
hell, they are just as bad in the states!

eastcoastallstar
07-15-2010, 03:58 PM
Short Answer...NO! So Always Book Two

whynotme
07-15-2010, 06:05 PM
cuban and asian chicas seem to be punctual..........but the Dr and others seem to always be late

princepointe
07-15-2010, 06:35 PM
I say just throw the fishes back. I WILL NOT sit and wait for some chick. Thats like being late to work. Bitch your getting paid, you fired.lol

FritoBandito
07-15-2010, 09:41 PM
Chica Time-just tell them an hour earlier and you will be good!

Same everywhere.
Medellin
DR
Rio
hell, they are just as bad in the states!

Yeah, that's what I figured I'd do, after chicks were perpetually late. Tell them to show up an hour earlier than when I want them to show, and if they show up earlier, and I'm not ready, they can wait for ME!!!!

el toro
07-16-2010, 12:11 AM
Work seems like the only thing that in DR people show up for on time. Same goes for chicas I've dealt with. They're usually right on time or a little early from my experience--they want to insure the $$ is waiting.

MrHappy
07-16-2010, 07:03 AM
Yeah, that's what I figured I'd do, after chicks were perpetually late. Tell them to show up an hour earlier than when I want them to show, and if they show up earlier, and I'm not ready, they can wait for ME!!!!

Problem is, most times they won't.

For them, it's perfectly acceptable for you to wait for them, but in most cases, if they show up first, and you're not there, they're gone.

WSJ3
07-16-2010, 01:21 PM
The difference is that she is a professional worker (i.e. doctor lawyer) as opposed to a hoe that is out partying all night at Classicos and wakes up drunk.

In the dozens, if not hundreds of times, I had one chica show up on time. Met her thru Cupid and she was a doctor from San Pedro. Pulled up in a cab at my hotel, the Palacio in SDQ, at 7 p.m. on the dot. And she came all the way from San Pedro de Macoris. When I expressed my surprise, she said, "I'm a doctor, I have to be on time." Never happened to me again.