PDA

View Full Version : The Sosua ex-pat resident discount - what to expect?

getrhythm
07-03-2010, 06:30 PM
Currently considering an extended residency in our favorite little D.R. den of inequity, and I wanted to get some input from some of the expats here. On other boards you here a lot of scuttlebutt about expats in Colombia and Costa Rica getting discounts off of regular pricing and other various perks. But you don't really here that much about this being the case in the D.R.

Of course, there's always the "wifing up" factor to consider, which seems a lot more likely to happen when you're there for an extended time. But what if you want to have your cake and eat it to - in essence, maybe have a regular or two from whom you're getting it either at low cost or free with some meals/other extras thrown in - while still having the freedom to play the field at Classicos, etc.?

Have you guys been able to pull off this sort of thing? Or is it best to just keep paying normal prices and keep them at arms length? Thanks in advance for any input.

Jimmydr
07-03-2010, 07:13 PM
If you live in a place and you can't get chicas cheaper, you really have no clue what you are doing.

JD426
07-03-2010, 08:51 PM
Yeagh,
Even Apostropheman was scoring 500 Peso TLN's,... and he's Canadian.

Klockman
07-03-2010, 08:59 PM
I'm no expat but have discussed this at length with many that are.

The general consensus is while they get more ass, they also get more hassles.

It's hard to get away with a novia or two and play the field, when they have not much to do but keep track of you. I'm also told that once a novia knows where you live, you're inviting half her family and ALL her problems, so sometimes that return plane ticket is our biggest advantage

Basically, the impression I get is that while you can date out of your league, you'll actually get less variety and more hassles, and if your in Colombia, you're just waiting to be seen by an ex-boyfriend, brother, father or uncle of a ex-novia and if you burned her or got caught cheating, it might be bad for you

You're probably better off with a stable of girls that become FWB that you take out once a week, they can't cry cheating if there's no relationship.

Or I could be completely wrong. That's just the feedback I've gotten

DCIronman
07-03-2010, 09:20 PM

It's hard to get away with a novia or two and play the field, when they have not much to do but keep track of you. I'm also told that once a novia knows where you live, you're inviting half her family and ALL her problems, so sometimes that return plane ticket is our biggest advantage

Basically, the impression I get is that while you can date out of your league, you'll actually get less variety and more hassles, and if your in Colombia, you're just waiting to be seen by an ex-boyfriend, brother, father or uncle of a ex-novia and if you burned her or got caught cheating, it might be bad for you

You're probably better off with a stable of girls that become FWB that you take out once a week, they can't cry cheating if there's no relationship.

I can see this being the case in a regular city like Medellin. But I'm thinking that things might be slightly different in a whoretown like Sosua.

Also keep in mind that Dominicans in general are a bit more blase about sex, and cheating on your spouse. Even in the regular cities. Hell, my local buddies in Santiago all have girlfriends or are married. And they cheat and monger with the best of them. Any relatives of your novia that sees you out hunting poon, isn't likely to make a big deal of it because they're probably out doing the same thing.

Klockman
07-03-2010, 09:24 PM
I can see this being the case in a regular city like Medellin. But I'm thinking that things might be slightly different in a whoretown like Sosua.

Also keep in mind that Dominicans in general are a bit more blase about sex, and cheating on your spouse. Even in the regular cities. Hell, my local buddies in Santiago all have girlfriends or are married. And they cheat and monger with the best of them. Any relatives of your novia that sees you out hunting poon, isn't likely to make a big deal of it.

That's true, and I should've prefaced my comments that I've never been to Sosua, I have had the "where should i retire" convo every place I've traveled and the only place that I've been told it's OK to fuck around in is AC

Was told to never do it in Colombia or Brazil

DCIronman
07-03-2010, 09:49 PM
That's true, and I should've prefaced my comments that I've never been to Sosua, I have had the "where should i retire" convo every place I've traveled and the only place that I've been told it's OK to fuck around in is AC

Was told to never do it in Colombia or Brazil

Well in the DR it's almost expected. That's why cabanas (love motels) are a Dominican institution my friend. And they're packed most weekends.;)

Jimmydr
07-04-2010, 10:24 AM

If you tell them they are the only one then you will have problems.

Roy
07-04-2010, 12:32 PM
If you tell them they are the only one then you will have problems.

I find... that it's best to keep 5 regulars. When I go for 2 weeks, I will generally dismiss 2 or 3 of the regulars (for jealousy or poor behavior - some of them find a better deal) and replace those 2 or 3 with 2 or 3 new ones from the "casting couch".

In all, it's best to make sure to let them know there are others, but not a good idea to parade them in front of each other, however, there are always exceptions. I have sat at a table at El Flow with 3 of my regulars before, told all of them not to get jealous, we'll all have a good time. Take them to my room one at a time leaving them with plenty of drinks, and rotate. Some of the time, they will all just decide to all go together (see my video). Usually, that is after a bottle of tequila or two.

I advise to NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER stick with ONE CHICA. And NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER stay in their house with all your luggage.