PDA

View Full Version : American Air Baggage fees to DR?

athlonnx
07-04-2010, 09:03 PM
I'm going from LAX to Miami to POP, and then back in August.

I called American Airlines, they told me that there would be no checked baggage fees. Of course, what you are told and what actually takes place are too often, two very different things.

Have any of you guys ever been charged baggage fees on AA to DR?

onetosix
07-04-2010, 10:47 PM
I just flew from San Francisco to Miami to Medellin, CO on American and there were no baggage fees for my checked bag. They told me that on international flights there is no charge...only a charge for domestic flights. I thought that there was going to be a fee but
was pleasantly surprised to learn that there was not when I checked my bag at the American counter. Of course the airlines can change their minds about stuff quite regularly so nothing surprises me anymore. Just have to go with the flow....otherwise it can be too frustrating.

whatever
07-05-2010, 03:11 AM
No. You can check two bags of 50 pounds each for
international flights and take a carry on to boot.
There are restrictions but you'll be fine unless you
want to take explosives, a javelin, or something
equally bizarre. Read AA's web site for details

onetosix
07-05-2010, 12:15 PM
Yes, whatever, you are right about the two bags of 50 lbs each with no charge on international flights. I only had one bag to check and a carry on, so that is why I mentioned only one bag in my post....but you are correct...I could have checked two for free.

DRboundagain
07-05-2010, 06:40 PM
Yes, whatever, you are right about the two bags of 50 lbs each with no charge on international flights. I only had one bag to check and a carry on, so that is why I mentioned only one bag in my post....but you are correct...I could have checked two for free.
The one bag free or two bags free depends upon what country you are flying to. Some countries there is a two bag limit while other countries there is a one bag limit. You can go to the American Airlines web page and they will give you all the details.

http://www.aa.com/i18nForward.do?p=/travelInformation/baggage/baggageAllowance.jsp&anchorEvent=false