PDA

View Full Version : Chulo killed for pussy rights

WickedWillie
07-04-2010, 11:24 PM
Last night at around 8pm on the corner opposite Classicos 2 chulos had a fight that ended up with 1 of them fatally stabbed.

They were apparently fighting over the control and profit of 1 chica's pussy.

The killer escaped on a motoconcho. The chica was arrested.

psriches
07-04-2010, 11:41 PM
Last night at around 8pm on the corner opposite Classicos 2 chulos had a fight that ended up with 1 of them fatally stabbed.

The killer escaped on a motoconcho. The chica was arrested.WAIT!!! The chica was arrested?? :eek:

Gutter Meat
07-05-2010, 12:20 AM
Is this confirmed ?

Jimbo44
07-05-2010, 12:34 AM
Who gives a shit about some punk ass chulu anyhow??

eldorob
07-05-2010, 06:46 AM
I havn't agreed with the "Sosua Is Becoming Dangerous" crowd.

I have thought it is as dangerouus as anywhere else. But it does seem to be happening more out in the open. And if that's true, it might take the Dom's awhile to figure out that it will eventually hurt the tourisim.

Unless gringos start to take some stray bullets, then anything could happen. The "Let's Clean Up the North Coast" folks might get their way.

Roy
07-05-2010, 11:54 AM
Last night at around 8pm on the corner opposite Classicos 2 chulos had a fight that ended up with 1 of them fatally stabbed. They were apparently fighting over the control and profit of 1 chica's pussy. The killer escaped on a motoconcho. The chica was arrested.

I'm sure they arrested the chica for her own protection..... ja ja ja ja ja!

Two chulo's - anyone get the names?
Chica arrested - anyone get her name?

Now that would be nice to know!

Beads
07-05-2010, 05:29 PM

The killer escaped on a motoconcho. The chica was arrested.

Thanks for the info WickedWillie. This is the type of things we should know about. Whatever anyone believes this does effect us in more than one way. First off a lot of us are in that general area and a stray knife, bottle, or bullet is something we dont want to be in the middle of even by accident.

Also remember money is very tight right now for a lot of locals and when people need basic items like food and water quite a few will kill for them if there is no other way.

Sure a lot of us say big deal we dont get involved with the chulo we just bang the chicas but you are involved. If a money issue arises dont think for one second the chulo wont get involved if he feels he needs to especially if his money is also on the line.

psriches
07-05-2010, 07:08 PM
Thanks for the info WickedWillie. This is the type of things we should know about. Whatever anyone believes this does effect us in more than one way. First off a lot of us are in that general area and a stray knife, bottle, or bullet is something we dont want to be in the middle of even by accident.

Also remember money is very tight right now for a lot of locals and when people need basic items like food and water quite a few will kill for them if there is no other way.

Sure a lot of us say big deal we dont get involved with the chulo we just bang the chicas but you are involved. If a money issue arises dont think for one second the chulo wont get involved if he feels he needs to especially if his money is also on the line.Outstanding post!!!

Unfortunately, most here can't relate until they're actually in a similar situation. But it shouldn't stop us from informing them. So sad.

JuanElGriego
07-05-2010, 07:55 PM
Sure a lot of us say big deal we dont get involved with the chulo we just bang the chicas but you are involved. If a money issue arises dont think for one second the chulo wont get involved if he feels he needs to especially if his money is also on the line.

This why i only bang not-a-putas who just happen to be in Classico cuz they like to dance.

:corky:

weyland
07-05-2010, 09:18 PM
This why i only bang not-a-putas who just happen to be in Classico cuz they like to dance.
The last seven I took out of Clasico explained that they were only posing as putas to gather material for a dissertation on the sex-trade for a degree in sociology. They never go home with johns but found me so unusually charming they all made exceptions in my case. In the morning I passed them 1500 pesos each (which they very reluctantly accepted) to maintain the "simulation" (a bit like Method Acting).

init4ass
07-05-2010, 09:40 PM
A little violence in paradise is common. It becomes a panic when we hear about it. I am sure more goes on then we know.

Great post and info.

WickedWillie
07-06-2010, 10:13 PM
Bit more info.

The victim was local and the killer is apparently the chicas' original chulo from her home town.

As of this morning the chica is still held and hasn't ratted him out yet.

I would guess she fears his potential retribution against her and her own more than what the cops can do to her.

Roy
07-06-2010, 10:27 PM
Bit more info.

The victim was local and the killer is apparently the chicas' original chulo from her home town.

As of this morning the chica is still held and hasn't ratted him out yet.

I would guess she fears his potential retribution against her and her own more than what the cops can do to her.

So, the chica has a chulo back home that didn't know about the chulo in Sosua, and when the chulo back home found out, he went and killed the chulo in Sosua. Wonder if the gringo esposos know about any of this. Can't wait to find out who the chica is.

Chica Novella Sosua!

WickedWillie
07-06-2010, 10:38 PM
Chica Novella Sosua!

Isn't it always!!!

Seville
07-06-2010, 10:43 PM
The last seven I took out of Clasico explained that they were only posing as putas to gather material for a dissertation on the sex-trade for a degree in sociology. They never go home with johns but found me so unusually charming they all made exceptions in my case. In the morning I passed them 1500 pesos each (which they very reluctantly accepted) to maintain the "simulation" (a bit like Method Acting).

Having met Sir Weyland I can attest to the fact that he is one charming SOB! I believe every word of this.

Trib
07-06-2010, 10:52 PM
Isn't it always!!!

Its almost as good as the bing Novella stye advert playing in the NE US. Seriously I agree don't cry the sky is falling but there are too many signs that we all need to be a little more careful. I also agree we are involved even if we think we aren't.

Just use some common sense and don't get sloppy out there....Not all of us are as charming as Weyland ;)

mikelodge
07-07-2010, 12:26 AM
I havn't agreed with the "Sosua Is Becoming Dangerous" crowd.

I have thought it is as dangerouus as anywhere else. But it does seem to be happening more out in the open. And if that's true, it might take the Dom's awhile to figure out that it will eventually hurt the tourisim.

Unless gringos start to take some stray bullets, then anything could happen. The "Let's Clean Up the North Coast" folks might get their way.

This violence is not simple smack downs this is death that can easily cause a stray bullet to kill an American. Who cares about dead Chulos someone posted well I agree let the cops shoot all of them but we need security for tourists.

Why should we spend thousands of dollars each to go to a small war zone. Search and read here and on DR1 and Google violence or deaths in the DR or POP ect. IT is all over and escalating.

It is only a matter of time before a MAJOR INCIDENT involving tourists is going to happen. I predict multiple killings of tourists by years end on the north coast not to mention the rest of the country.

What will happen when a gringo gets in a fight with a Chulo or local Wanna be with a handgun like most of them have and he gets it away from him and shoots him. Is it possible all his friends will open up on the guy and 15 shot clips will be emptied with many innocent victims??

Why doesn't the Gov't string anybody that does any violent crime to a tourist up by his balls??

I know you can get killed walking across the street but if the odds are a million to one then say walking at night in the hoods of a US big city 10k to one what are they there. Do You want to find out???

Maybe I will hide at Blackbeards or maybe not.

MrHappy
07-07-2010, 07:26 AM
This violence is not simple smack downs this is death that can easily cause a stray bullet to kill an American. Who cares about dead Chulos someone posted well I agree let the cops shoot all of them but we need security for tourists.

Why should we spend thousands of dollars each to go to a small war zone. Search and read here and on DR1 and Google violence or deaths in the DR or POP ect. IT is all over and escalating.

It is only a matter of time before a MAJOR INCIDENT involving tourists is going to happen. I predict multiple killings of tourists by years end on the north coast not to mention the rest of the country.

What will happen when a gringo gets in a fight with a Chulo or local Wanna be with a handgun like most of them have and he gets it away from him and shoots him. Is it possible all his friends will open up on the guy and 15 shot clips will be emptied with many innocent victims??

Why doesn't the Gov't string anybody that does any violent crime to a tourist up by his balls??

I know you can get killed walking across the street but if the odds are a million to one then say walking at night in the hoods of a US big city 10k to one what are they there. Do You want to find out???

Maybe I will hide at Blackbeards or maybe not.

Let's see this for what it is: The gov't isn't too concerned about men that come from foreign countries to pay their local women for sex.

They tolerate that sort of conduct, understanding that for these girls that come from the lowest social economic scale of the country(the lowest of the low), there isn't many other opportunities to support their bastard kids. It also brings a small amount of $$ into the economy.

The sex industry in the DR has always been a behind closed doors, discrete activity for the vast majority of the island. It's the foreign guys that have discovered this 'puta heaven' on the internet and are making a spectator sport out of it.

All of these relatively minor 'incidents' are adding up. It's only a matter of time before something really serious happens, and then international pressure is going to force it to be changed, just like it happened in Puerto Rico.

Roy
07-07-2010, 01:44 PM
All of these relatively minor 'incidents' are adding up. It's only a matter of time before something really serious happens, and then international pressure is going to force it to be changed, just like it happened in Puerto Rico.

Happy, I agree that the "spectator sport" has taken the "trade" to a new level, but let's be honest. "Relatively minor"? I don't think the attorney assassinated from the business deal/lawsuit gone bad thinks that was minor, or the two Canadians assassinated was minor. Nor were a number of other "minor incidents" of murder that had NOTHING to do with the "trade".

We can make ALL KINDS OF EXCUSES for the poor violent behavior down there, but it's NOT MINOR. People are getting killed, and yes, there probably will be an incident, however major or minor, that finally draws the attention as yet not been drawn.

In the bigger scheme of things, we're seeing hotels offering HUGE DISCOUNTS - just yesterday a sign posted at Don Antonio $20 rooms, $25 w A/C, and other hotels following suit. The streets are fairly empty other than Thurs - Saturday comparable to 1 year ago. People are literally starving. As you say, it's the bottom of the bottom class, the really really struggling moms w/ "bastard" children that are desperate. The there are the Chulos, enamorados, etc. that follow suit.

There has always been a sense of bitterness to the gringo, despite the money he brings to these people. Now that this money is starting to dry up (when the U.S. sneezes the rest of the world gets a cold), it's going REALLY REALLY UGLY.

It's no longer having a wall safe, and tying a chain to the wheels of the pasola that protects our things. There's some real evil brewing, and some real desperation down there. I'd say it's going to get worse before it gets better.

Jimmydr
07-07-2010, 02:08 PM
Happy, I agree that the "spectator sport" has taken the "trade" to a new level, but let's be honest. "Relatively minor"? I don't think the attorney assassinated from the business deal/lawsuit gone bad thinks that was minor, or the two Canadians assassinated was minor. Nor were a number of other "minor incidents" of murder that had NOTHING to do with the "trade".

We can make ALL KINDS OF EXCUSES for the poor violent behavior down there, but it's NOT MINOR. People are getting killed, and yes, there probably will be an incident, however major or minor, that finally draws the attention as yet not been drawn.

In the bigger scheme of things, we're seeing hotels offering HUGE DISCOUNTS - just yesterday a sign posted at Don Antonio $20 rooms, $25 w A/C, and other hotels following suit. The streets are fairly empty other than Thurs - Saturday comparable to 1 year ago. People are literally starving. As you say, it's the bottom of the bottom class, the really really struggling moms w/ "bastard" children that are desperate. The there are the Chulos, enamorados, etc. that follow suit.

There has always been a sense of bitterness to the gringo, despite the money he brings to these people. Now that this money is starting to dry up (when the U.S. sneezes the rest of the world gets a cold), it's going REALLY REALLY UGLY.

It's no longer having a wall safe, and tying a chain to the wheels of the pasola that protects our things. There's some real evil brewing, and some real desperation down there. I'd say it's going to get worse before it gets better.

Well many families have cut back so the AI's are hurting, people are getting laid off and only the mongers are coming. :eek:

DominicanBilly
07-07-2010, 02:09 PM
Last night as it happens Sir Weyland and I were driving out of Puerto Plata on our way to Sosua and the police had a road block searching cars for guns. This was about 8:30pm.

I have seen this many times before on weekend nights but never before on a Tuesday night. I do think they are worried about the upturn in violence. And as others have posted it will get worse because of the economic situation.

Solution for us. Be a lot more careful when out on the town.

Roy
07-07-2010, 02:12 PM
Last night as it happens Sir Weyland and I were driving out of Puerto Plata on our way to Sosua

What were you and Weyland doing going to Sosua?

Jimmydr
07-07-2010, 02:13 PM

Billy likes to go out for a drink now and again.

getrhythm
07-07-2010, 02:15 PM
Well many families have cut back so the AI's are hurting, people are getting laid off and only the mongers are coming. :eek:

Which of course makes us even more of a potential target. :(

Jimmydr
07-07-2010, 02:16 PM
Which of course makes us even more of a potential target. :(

AI families are coming with cash for extras since they already paid for their package, while mongers are coming with lots of cash for everything.

MrHappy
07-07-2010, 02:42 PM
The roadblocks are happening all over, and have been for quite a while. But those guys are more interested in catching the druggies, and illegal guns. That's the kind of stuff the powers that be are worried about.

Maybe 'minor' wasn't the correct word for what I was trying to imply. But, the point about the powers that be NOT being too worried about foreign men coming here to get drunk and screw their women is pretty much on target. They've got better things to do than worry about mongers getting mugged/robbed/shot/killed.

Also, the expat attorney getting offed was just the latest of many. How many is it in the last few months? 10 foreigners? When was the last time you heard anything about the others? Hey, I live here, read the local papers every day, and that stuff only makes the news for a day or so, then it only gets lip service from there on.

givengo440
07-07-2010, 02:43 PM

I agree that things are gonna get worse or there will be a incident of some magnitude that will cause change. None the less that is why I keep my have fun but don't play with me attitude and my eyes always open. Here is a secret fellas I am scared to death when I am out on the town! So should everyone else here! I know in that state I will not get to drunk, close my eyes, sleep so light, etc... Sleep is the cousin of DEATH! Wake up ISOC stay alert and lets live to monger another day.

Nakom
07-07-2010, 03:04 PM
From my limited experience I can say that the number 1 key to staying safe in Sosua is the old saying "there is strength in numbers". Do not travel alone. Hanging out with your chica does not count - that is alone. In a group of 4+ no one is going to bother you unless you go looking for trouble.

DR criminals (or in any 3rd world country for that matter) do not target large groups of young healthy men. #1 it could be people that might want to fight back, and #2 (and more important) there are too many witnesses.

If you are a loner monger it is time to come out of your shell and meet a few ISOC members. It is a lot of fun and a whole lot safer. Last trip we had 11 ISOC'ers going out to dinner together and hanging on the strip / classicos. We did not have a single Dominican male approach us or a pick-pocket come anywhere near us. (other than Talis but he dosent count) :)

Talis
07-07-2010, 05:37 PM
If you are a loner monger it is time to come out of your shell and meet a few ISOC members. It is a lot of fun and a whole lot safer. Last trip we had 11 ISOC'ers going out to dinner together and hanging on the strip / classicos. We did not have a single Dominican male approach us or a pick-pocket come anywhere near us. (other than Talis but he dosent count) :)

Not my fault they can't keep their hands off of me :D

Of all the things that happened I never did have anyone take money or anything else from my pocket no matter how hard I tried.

The only time I truly felt nervous about it was in Classicos. I ordered six beers and as I was working my way back to our area it was wall to wall people. I had three beers in each hand with my arms straight up so I could navigate the crowd. That is when it occurred to me that I had hands going all over me, I had no way to lower mine without dropping all the beers, and I had several thousand pesos in each pocket. Luckily nothing happened.

We were only there six weeks ago, could it really have changed that much in so little time? I know incidents can act as a catalyst for major change but there were incidents before we left (I remember reading someone running from a torch wielding crowd from el flow and another being carted off to jail with numerous spooning naked men). Is this different or more of the same?

Jimmydr
07-07-2010, 05:39 PM
Not my fault they can't keep their hands off of me :D

The only time I truly felt nervous about it was in Classicos. I ordered six bears and as working my way back to our area and it was wall to wall people. I had three bears in each hand with my arms straight up so I could navigate the crowd. That is when it occurred to me that I had hands going all over me, I had no way to lower mine without dropping all the beers, and I had several thousand pesos in each pocket.

What do you do with bears?

Talis
07-07-2010, 05:42 PM
What do you do with bears?

Dammit! I was so close to getting that edited before anyone saw...

Jimmydr
07-07-2010, 05:44 PM
Dammit! I was so close to getting that edited before anyone saw...

So you have 6 of them and they still came at you? Were they bear cubs?

Jimmydr
07-07-2010, 05:45 PM
99% of the drama occurs when the gringo tells a chica that he is there for her and he doesn't go after hookers. She will expect to be with him 24/7 and when she gets blown off, she will want what is due her.

Talis
07-07-2010, 05:47 PM
So you have 6 of them and they still came at you? Were they bear cubs?

No they were fully grown Koalas.. It didn't seem to scare them though.

Jimmydr
07-07-2010, 05:48 PM
No they were fully grown Koalas.. It didn't seem to scare them though.

They love to pet exotic creatures, including gringos.:eek:

mikelodge
07-07-2010, 05:53 PM

I agree it is going to get worse especially when all the Haitians keep coming in and are not being sent back it would appear.

Prices I hope will continue to plummet so we can really get some low cost 3 and 4 somes. :lol:

Roy
07-07-2010, 07:12 PM
I agree it is going to get worse especially when all the Haitians keep coming in and are not being sent back it would appear.

Prices I hope will continue to plummet so we can really get some low cost 3 and 4 somes. :lol:

Don't count out the non-pro action off the beaten path. That has all but dried up. You'd be amazed how many of the mommies and wives out there that trick during the daytime like that extra cash. Daddy don't know what mommies up to while he's at work and the neighbors don't talk!

You can always get lost between 9 and 4 in the Abajo or somewhere and run into some really cheap action while "asking for directions".

WickedWillie
07-07-2010, 07:16 PM
No it's not really any worse now than before. Even with the economic climate as it is. There have been serious tourist downturns before.

Dominicans have taken out other Dominicans on a very regular basis in their local colmadons in the barrios and towns ever since someone invented the machete/knife and 9mm. Just watch the local news sometime.

What has changed in Sosua IMO is that ever since El Flow opened there is now a Dominican Tipico venue in downtown tourist central. And this bar attracts every wannabe gangsta and chopo from the surrounding barrios. None of them live in central Sosua.

I started a thread on this recently and took some heat from some weekend warriors saying the place is the dogs bollox and that I wanted to control where Dominicans could go in their own country.

Nothing could be further from the truth but IMO as long as this place remains open, attracting their particular clientele, there will be the potential for problems on the streets.

It ain't going anywhere anytime soon so just exercise normal caution.

By the way the same thing happened in Cabarete a few years back when a pizza joint changed into a pool hall. All the local tigres are now in central Cabarete every night.

Roy
07-08-2010, 04:22 PM
What has changed in Sosua IMO is that ever since El Flow opened there is now a Dominican Tipico venue in downtown tourist central. And this bar attracts every wannabe gangsta and chopo from the surrounding barrios. None of them live in central Sosua. ...IMO as long as this place remains open, attracting their particular clientele, there will be the potential for problems on the streets.

I agree you can trace back a MAJOR change in the scene there to El Flow, but Flow serves a good purpose. Cheap beer and drinks and a place for the chicas to congregate when they are spending their own money. Matter of fact, if a chica I know asks me to buy them a beer, I hand them 60 pesos and tell them to get it at Flow.

You won't rid the place of Tigures as long as their girls are working the streets. Flow is just a good place for them to hang while their girl is collecting the money from the gringos. You'll also find a strong contingent at Latino's disco later at night. If not El Flow, it'd be another place, and now we've got Rumba, with similar pricing. That wouldn't have happened without Flow.... nor would a few of my 3somes and 4somes.

Wau!Papi
07-08-2010, 07:14 PM

A Haitiana chica and her chulo killed a German who was staying in Orchidee hotel a few months back. They got him into a room (not in Orchidee), tied him to a chair and stabbed him over the course of a day in order to get his money and account passwords etc. This reliable info from the Mgr. of Orchidee. On election day a Gringo was killed for his Harley in Cabarete. I was almost killed in Club X for not agreeing right away to pay 1800 pesos for 3 tequilas and a coke, but I hear from the peanut gallery it was all my fault cause I didn't negotiate a settlement en passo, and that I would not have passed a NJ breathalizer test at the time of the attack.

getrhythm
07-08-2010, 07:22 PM
A Haitiana chica and her culo killed a German who was staying in Orchidee hotel a few months back. They tied him to a chair and stabbed him...

Damn - next time I see a Haitiana carrying a knife around in her culo, I'll know to keep the hell away from her...:corky:

Klockman
07-08-2010, 08:25 PM
Damn - next time I see a Haitiana carrying a knife around in her culo, I'll know to keep the hell away from her...:corky:

Um, thanks....

Diet Coke all over my screen, cheers to anyone I hit with it....

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

MrHappy
07-09-2010, 06:58 AM
A Haitiana chica and her chulo killed a German who was staying in Orchidee hotel a few months back. They got him into a room (not in Orchidee), tied him to a chair and stabbed him over the course of a day in order to get his money and account passwords etc. This reliable info from the Mgr. of Orchidee. On election day a Gringo was killed for his Harley in Cabarete. I was almost killed in Club X for not agreeing right away to pay 1800 pesos for 3 tequilas and a coke, but I hear from the peanut gallery it was all my fault cause I didn't negotiate a settlement en passo, and that I would not have passed a NJ breathalizer test at the time of the attack.

Like I said, minor incidents....

weyland
07-09-2010, 07:42 AM
We drive over most nights to take our cut from the haitianas we are pimping. We are not proud of this but otherwise we only have our pensions to live off.

Wau!Papi
07-09-2010, 03:12 PM
Like I said, minor incidents....

Yeah; maybe if it was 10 Germans, or if it were you it would be a major incident.

WickedWillie
07-09-2010, 07:51 PM

Really????????

Wau!Papi
07-09-2010, 10:02 PM
Really????????

Yes. You prolly didn't hear cause Gringo deaths are minor incidents according to the wise Mr. Happy. There was a shooting-to-death in a Sosua disco last week. A couple of weeks ago a car rammed a motoconcho from behind in front of Scotiabank; his head flew clear across the street. They swept everyinging up except most of his liver (looked like a liver to me...) within half an hour.... minor incident in Sosua.

MrHappy
07-10-2010, 10:26 AM
Yes. You prolly didn't hear cause Gringo deaths are minor incidents according to the wise Mr. Happy. There was a shooting-to-death in a Sosua disco last week. A couple of weeks ago a car rammed a motoconcho from behind in front of Scotiabank; his head flew clear across the street. They swept everyinging up except most of his liver (looked like a liver to me...) within half an hour.... minor incident in Sosua.

It's taking you longer than most, but you're learning.

BTW, when I say minor incidents, I am saying that, to the gov't and police here, things like that are minor incidents, and don't get a lot of attention, except for the folks that like to stand around and look. The govt. folks got better things to do.

It's not necessarily MY opinion.

Roy
07-10-2010, 11:14 AM
A Haitiana chica and her chulo killed a German who was staying in Orchidee hotel a few months back. They got him into a room (not in Orchidee), tied him to a chair and stabbed him over the course of a day in order to get his money and account passwords etc. This reliable info from the Mgr. of Orchidee.

I'm calling bullshit now....

MrHappy
07-10-2010, 11:16 AM
I'm calling bullshit now....

Nope. She's a real good looking girl too. They were caught in Santiago trying to use the victim's credit cards at an ATM machine.

Roy
07-10-2010, 11:20 AM
Nope. She's a real good looking girl too. They were caught in Santiago trying to use the victim's credit cards at an ATM machine.

so.... how did this minor incident end for the German guy?

MrHappy
07-10-2010, 11:22 AM
so.... how did this minor incident end for the German guy?

I'm not sure if he's still dead or not...

Roy
07-10-2010, 11:28 AM
I'm not sure if he's still dead or not...

So it's just another unreported minor incident? What about peoples heads falling off in concho accidents? Is this true too?

Is there any hope for a degenerate late 40's white male in Sosua or should I just start going somewhere else now?

MrHappy
07-10-2010, 11:41 AM
So it's just another unreported minor incident? What about peoples heads falling off in concho accidents? Is this true too?

Is there any hope for a degenerate late 40's white male in Sosua or should I just start going somewhere else now?

Of course there's hope for you!!

I don't know about the concho driver, but the murdered German got written up in most of the local papers.

WickedWillie
07-10-2010, 11:52 AM
Of course there's hope for you!!

I don't know about the concho driver, but the murdered German got written up in most of the local papers.

Unlike the Sosua 'shooting to death' disco incident and the election day Cabarete Harley gringo murder/robbery. No word on the street either.

Not saying they didn't happen but mmmm??????!!!!

Roy
07-10-2010, 12:02 PM

So what are you saying? I still need to go and continue to do all the degenerate things I do and feel safe?

OR

"Don't worry Roy, if they stab you to death and your head rolls across the highway, they'll report it in the local paper"?

JD426
07-10-2010, 12:39 PM
With most of these incidents involving a Tourist, there is a THRESHOLD that was passed. Without trying to sound like a Crime expert let me just explain a little.
EVERYONE has a price. In the DR that price is just a lot lower.
Here in the US for example, must muggings and robberies involve someone who is KNOWN to have an amount of CASH or valuabes on them.
That person becomes a statistic, when the opportunity arises for a criminal who thinks he can get away with it. Granted we all hear about the crack head who holds someone up for $20, but those cases are more rare.
Normally, the criminal targets someone with money.

Now switch over to the DR.
As soon as we step off the plane, we are targets,. (checkl out that other thread about ciminal gangs who are specifically targeting passengers leaving the SDQ airport)
Now, from the airport we go to the Hotel, where we store our valuables in a SAFE... Now we are LESS of a target, but still a target.
So the criminals are constantly sniffing for that PERFECT target, who either is CARRYING something of value, or has access to valuables.
If words were to get out that you have an ATM card on you, and $10K in your checking account, like lets say you open your BIG mouth at some Bar within earshot.. or almost as bad, u have a specific PATTERN of when and for HOW much you hit a specific ATM machine.
You are now a PRIME TARGET.. 10K is like 100K to us here in the USA. Tigres will KILL you for a whole lot less than that.

In LaCapital,(true story ) a Tigre told another tigre in front of my NYPD bud, " I will kill him for $10, the other says, I will kill him for $5. My Ny cop friend spins around and says to both of them, " I will kill both of you, for free & walk away" ( all in spanish, perhaps they were testing to see what was understood) .. Our driver already had his pistola drawn and 7 of us surrounded them. We never saw them again. Our mistake, We were dressed like NY guys, and wearing Jewelry, Talking Loud, so we looked like soft targets. too much flash. Locals get Jealous , real fast.

Now if you are only known to carry say 1500-2K Pesos or so for drinks etc, and NO other valuables, and keep you mouth SHUT about any assets you may or may not have, you have a better chance of blending IN, and the Criminals attentions hopefully will NOT be focused on you for the duration of your stay.
Oh you may still get your pockets picked, etc. But at least the chances of being HUNTED down and killed will be greatly reduced.
Im no detective, but this is my oversimplified view of it, having grown up in a City environment.

weyland
07-10-2010, 12:55 PM
... having grown up in a City environment.
I am disappointed. I always imagined you as having grown up in the mountains of Transylvania, fighting off Ceaucescu's goons with one hand and vampires with the other.

JD426
07-10-2010, 01:01 PM
I am disappointed. I always imagined you as having grown up in the mountains of Transylvania, fighting off Ceaucescu's goons with one hand and vampires with the other.

Only until I was 9 years old, Then I moved to the BRONX, NYC.
Stop trying to make me into a Liar. I am as honest as a Pre owned Car salesman.

Roy
07-10-2010, 01:12 PM
Now if you are only known to carry say 1500-2K Pesos or so for drinks etc, and NO other valuables, and keep you mouth SHUT .....Oh you may still get your pockets picked, etc.

I wear some of the rattiest shit during the day. I actually have 4 pair of shorts - 2 of one pair, and 2 of another pair - so it looks like I practically wear the same clothes every day. I beg the chicas to buy me beer because I'm out of money, and have the "street concierge's" find me cigarettes when they are looking for one for themselves. I tell all the chicas that I only go with them during the day because I can only pay 500 pesos and don't want to mess up their night-time high dollar business.

Do you think that I might be a target?

JD426
07-10-2010, 01:19 PM
I would say you are a man of wisdom Roy. U can wear the same clothes and still be clean, as the laundry place is right there. Wearing a different flashy, expensive looking shirt every day is a fast way to become a target IMO. They even look at your shoes. Leave your $300 shoes at home.

Roy
07-10-2010, 01:40 PM
I would say you are a man of wisdom Roy. U can wear the same clothes and still be clean, as the laundry place is right there. Wearing a different flashy, expensive looking shirt every day is a fast way to become a target IMO. They even look at your shoes. Leave your $300 shoes at home.

My former especiale would always tell me about how clean guys are, and her sole basis was their shoes and clothes. She bragged to me about how she would get them to stay out and "date" them, size up the wallet. An expert at getting them "too drunk to fuck" and then getting the cash for her "time".

I figure we're both going to have a really nice shower before and after and 2 minutes on the street and I smell like a farm animal in that heat. I keep preaching that some fucking air flow would be nice at the El Flow. They have the electric, why no fans. Rumba gets it, fans, open air, much better but still hotter than Dominican love.

Wau!Papi
07-10-2010, 05:36 PM
Unlike the Sosua 'shooting to death' disco incident and the election day Cabarete Harley gringo murder/robbery. No word on the street either.

Not saying they didn't happen but mmmm??????!!!!

Ask the taxi drivers in Sosua: central de taxi and ask any motoconcho in Sosua if you don't believe me. I dunno why alot of guys on the board think they are such authorities; when I pass along new info that they haven't heard of in their 3000 posts including personal mishaps they think they have the right to berate me. So I'll just keep the controversial facts and my WILD experiences all to myself thank you very much. I'm happier than Mr. Happy. I will continue to fly solo in secret with my ever-changing crews of pretty putas. Attempts to share info with John. Q. Pubic have failed miserably and I am glad of that. I don't need you.

Roy
07-10-2010, 08:37 PM
Ask the taxi drivers in Sosua: central de taxi and ask any motoconcho in Sosua if you don't believe me. I dunno why alot of guys on the board think they are such authorities; when I pass along new info that they haven't heard of in their 3000 posts including personal mishaps they think they have the right to berate me. So I'll just keep the controversial facts and my WILD experiences all to myself thank you very much. I'm happier than Mr. Happy. I will continue to fly solo in secret with my ever-changing crews of pretty putas. Attempts to share info with John. Q. Pubic have failed miserably and I am glad of that. I don't need you.

I don't think anyone here will be too disappointed. Bueno suerte.

Nakom
07-11-2010, 01:38 PM
Well at least on the bright side:

"I am great looking, young with money, good heart, great social skills and well attended to by DR girls. To the max. I hung with the most beautiful girls in Sosua and Cabarete and could score the most beautiful one in sight, or 2 at once without thinking within 1 minute any time of the day or night unless she was with another guy".

It seems that someone is not playing well with others on any of the DR boards.

That bouncer did you a favor, and I hope you learned the lesson. As it seems to be the norm with you: 'you were talkin when you should of been listening'.

Wau!Papi
07-11-2010, 07:54 PM
Well at least on the bright side:

"I am great looking, young with money, good heart, great social skills and well attended to by DR girls. To the max. I hung with the most beautiful girls in Sosua and Cabarete and could score the most beautiful one in sight, or 2 at once without thinking within 1 minute any time of the day or night unless she was with another guy".

It seems that someone is not playing well with others on any of the DR boards.

That bouncer did you a favor, and I hope you learned the lesson. As it seems to be the norm with you: 'you were talkin when you should of been listening'.

I hear you; thank you for your constructive criticism and if you want, you can thank the bouncer for the "favor". You can tip him if that will make you feel good. I have learned a lesson; who's opinion matters and who's doesn't.

Roy
07-12-2010, 11:52 AM
Ask the taxi drivers in Sosua: central de taxi and ask any motoconcho in Sosua if you don't believe me.

ABSOLUTELY, because the taxi drivers and motoconchos are some of the most RELIABLE resources..... who could disagree with that?

I dunno why alot of guys on the board think they are such authorities; when I pass along new info that they haven't heard of in their 3000 posts including personal mishaps they think they have the right to berate me.

Maybe because there are "alot of guys on the board" that have a great deal of experience and NEVER even in the wildest of occurrences, find your reports believable on the basis of your explanation.

I'm happier than Mr. Happy.

Mr. Happy is very happy.... and has forgotten more pussy than you've ever had, forgotten more D.R. info than you will ever know, and to my knowledge has never been dragged into a bathroom following an ass kicking, for another ass kicking for emphasis.

I will continue to fly solo in secret.......

Sounds like the "secret" got out at Club X.

......failed miserably......

there's a nice little section of U-Tube, type "fail" and you'll get plenty of similar experiences. Maybe you'll feel more at home there.

Wau!Papi
07-12-2010, 09:12 PM
ABSOLUTELY, because the taxi drivers and motoconchos are some of the most RELIABLE resources..... who could disagree with that?

Maybe because there are "alot of guys on the board" that have a great deal of experience and NEVER even in the wildest of occurrences, find your reports believable on the basis of your explanation.

Mr. Happy is very happy.... and has forgotten more pussy than you've ever had, forgotten more D.R. info than you will ever know, and to my knowledge has never been dragged into a bathroom following an ass kicking, for another ass kicking for emphasis.

Sounds like the "secret" got out at Club X.

there's a nice little section of U-Tube, type "fail" and you'll get plenty of similar experiences. Maybe you'll feel more at home there.

I hope the rest of your week continues to go well. If your week is not going as well as planned, I hope it will go better. You have a great sense of humor, and seem to be a good Joe. It's understandable that you find my experiences unbelievable. I take that as a compliment; thank you. And thanks for spending your valuable time writing what I think is a very witty post! :clap: