PDA

View Full Version : Well Long Beach fans-it's all over

bachag
08-01-2006, 03:41 PM
Police just showed up in Long Beach and notified all bars to shut down and gave the owners 24 hours to move all their stuff out. Total chaos at the moment. Bulldozers are going to show up tomorrow. The end of an era. No one is sure if this will effect Crystal's. Police will not even let you drive through the area.

Jimmydr
08-01-2006, 03:43 PM
Life will never be the same in Puerto Plata!!!!

guttaman
08-01-2006, 03:45 PM
I guess the Bar owners must have the same lawyer as the shanytown people across from the Palace. Atleast they get 24 hours. Not 1.

Don Tomas
08-01-2006, 03:51 PM
It's shame now because whenever I go with people to Crystals I would hang out across the street refusing to even pay the inflated prices for a beer in Crystals!

Jimmydr
08-01-2006, 03:53 PM
It's shame now because whenever I go with people to Crystals I would hang out across the street refusing to even pay the inflated prices for a beer in Crystals!

It may hurt Crystals in the end!

vak
08-01-2006, 04:04 PM
Oh boy!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Jimmy, where will you find your 500 peso Haitian street hoes?

Jimmydr
08-01-2006, 04:05 PM
Oh boy!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Jimmy, where will you find your 500 peso Haitian street hoes?

Colombia!!!!!!

David Smash
08-01-2006, 05:52 PM
Colombia!!!!!!

Uhh...I didn't know there were Haitiains in Colombia...or pesos for that matter

Kevy
08-01-2006, 05:56 PM
Carman I did a couple of trips ago lives there and so does her sister. She will have to find a new home.

I guess Haitian Shantytowns don't fit into the new DR image they want. As well I guess the Malecon and beach work being done costs money and they want a new POP.

Phoenix
08-01-2006, 07:02 PM
Uhh...I didn't know there were Haitiains in Colombia...or pesos for that matter

COP = Colombian Peso is the Columbian currency :mrgreen: Averages about 2600 COP to 1 USD :eek:

Don Tomas
08-01-2006, 07:16 PM
COP = Colombian Peso is the Columbian currency :mrgreen: Averages about 2600 COP to 1 USD :eek:

Shame we can't use those pesos in the DR!

US$1 TLN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hell I wouldn't even mind paying 5,000 pesos to Crystal chicas! :lol:

Phoenix
08-01-2006, 07:17 PM

I came home from Colombia with about 200K lol

Don Tomas
08-01-2006, 07:18 PM
...where will you find your 500 peso Haitian street hoes?

Remember I found one there after you stole the psycho from me at Mt. View.

bachag
08-01-2006, 07:24 PM
I guess the police were not kidding. Photo taken 01 Aug 2006 at 7 pm local time. Across from Crystal's. Rest of bar's on ocean side to be knocked down by Friday.http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a59/bachag/POPbeach009.jpg

Phoenix
08-01-2006, 07:26 PM

Yeah I guess some of them are worth 2 bucks :mrgreen:

Kevy
08-01-2006, 07:29 PM
I read on Dr1 if they were made of wood, they were knocked down today. If Cinderblock, it will be Friday. Crystals could be gone too.

guttaman
08-01-2006, 07:44 PM
Shit, talk about eminent domain laws. Wonder if any had legit titles.

Maximus
08-01-2006, 07:45 PM
I read on Dr1 if they were made of wood, they were knocked down today. If Cinderblock, it will be Friday. Crystals could be gone too.

Crystal's!?!?! :eek: WOW

Kevy
08-01-2006, 07:50 PM
Crystal's!?!?! :eek: WOW

Update on DR1 only one block, so Crystals is ok, rumors of the Gov't buying the land for a hotel. Businesses were told they are getting compensation, Residents get nothing.

Jimmydr
08-01-2006, 07:52 PM
Update on DR1 only one block, so Crystals is ok, rumors of the Gov't buying the land for a hotel. Businesses were told they are getting compensation, Residents get nothing.

So they are building 100's of hotels for millions of tourists? Wow!!!!

guttaman
08-01-2006, 07:54 PM
Did they say if the hotels were going to be chica friendly?

Kevy
08-01-2006, 07:54 PM
I miss Long Beach already I had some strange times there.

Kevy
08-01-2006, 07:55 PM

It is all rumours now, No one has said anything.

Jimmydr
08-01-2006, 07:55 PM

Well with so many of us there, we can swap if they are not!:corky:

Jimmydr
08-01-2006, 07:56 PM

I just got the weekly Marriott specials. Both Santo domingo Hotels are $60 a room this week end!

DominicanBilly
08-01-2006, 07:57 PM
Here are some more photos of the Long Beach corner. All that is left standing of LaFuente is his dish. Last night I had drinks at Pasoe's Bar accross from Cristals and it is all gone now. Lots of memories of that Long Beach corner.
The Ocean front places, The Irish Bar & Wienerwald are empty and will be knocked down tomorrow or the next day.
The new beach is taking shape and will make for lots of weekend action with Dominicans from as far away as Santiago.

guttaman
08-01-2006, 08:56 PM
I just got the weekly Marriott specials. Both Santo domingo Hotels are $60 a room this week end!

Any specials in Santiago?

Jimmydr
08-01-2006, 08:58 PM
Any specials in Santiago?

The Hotel didn't open yet, but they are coming. You must sign up, its free!

Apos
08-01-2006, 09:08 PM
i and others were once considering buying a small bar at longbeach....knew it was too good to be true so we passed...good thing as i'm betting it is one of the bars bulldozed :(

Don Tomas
08-01-2006, 09:10 PM
i and others were once considering buying a small bar at longbeach....knew it was too good to be true so we passed...good thing as i'm betting it is one of the bars bulldozed :(

I remember seeing a discussion about that (not you) but a bar forsale on DR1 about a year ago. I wonder who got fucked.

psriches
08-01-2006, 11:23 PM
Just a flashback:

Sometime back in 2004, Jimmy, Wsj and myself went to Cristals. Wsj and i hung out with these two chicas but passed on the 3000 pesos they each wanted. Instead, we took their numbers for a later time.
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h240/obsti/markys5.jpg

Then we all go outside back to the car and this chica in Long Beach offers to blow Jimmy and Wsj for 300 pesos. Jimmy walks up to the chica and looks her up and down(within 2 inches of her face), thinks for a moment and takes a pass. Meanwhile, Wsj has wandered off trying to return to Cristals to get those chicas. We drag him back to the car kicking and screaming. We then head home to classico's.
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h240/obsti/dr13.jpg

That day was a good day!

Long Beach will be missed............................

David Smash
08-01-2006, 11:45 PM
Well hopefully something better will come out of the renovations to the beach. I do hope they do a good job with the beach. BTW does anyone know how long this rebuilding is going to take?

Beads
08-02-2006, 12:14 AM
So they are building 100's of hotels for millions of tourists? Wow!!!!

If they keep up these curfews they should be building free housing for the homeless and jobless!

gdogg
08-02-2006, 03:36 AM
Cristals was spared. It still sucks for the other residents and business owners.

vak
08-02-2006, 08:32 AM
The beach is actually right behind the Long Beach bars? Who knew. Everytime I was there it was night and all I saw was the chicas.

It was always fun to bounce back and forth between Crystals and Long Beach. Cest le vie!

The girls will find some other place to congregate. We just need to know where that is.

Jimmydr
08-02-2006, 08:33 AM
The beach is actually right behind the Long Beach bars? Who knew. Everytime I was there it was night and all I saw was the chicas.

It was always fun to bounce back and forth between Crystals and Long Beach. Cest le vie!

The girls will find some other place to congregate. We just need to know where that is.

Like they are hiding!!!!!:lol:

Jimmydr
08-02-2006, 09:22 AM
Changes all over the North!

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?t=28459

DominicanBilly
08-02-2006, 10:47 AM
Don't believe all that is written by Ginni on that DR1 report. The fact is out side of a few and I mean a few bussiness that were paying rent most did not. And the rooms in back (I've been in a few of them over the years) were filled with (residents?) non paying thieves, hookers and drug dealers. Sure some of the women who lived there worked the street at night but all told no more than 30 to 35 real workers (bar maids, cleaning ladies etc) have lost at best some poor paying jobs.
If the rumored 7 story hotel is built there I'm sure more and better paying jobs will come out of this project.
I visited the Long Beach bars since I first came to Puerto Plata in 1988 and nothing has changed for the better over the last 18 years.
Did I like the atmosphere there, sure I did, I went there often enough over the past 18 years. I'll miss going there but I'm sure I'll find another place to frequent and meet with friends that caters to our tastes. And by the way I never saw Ginni there once.

Jimmydr
08-02-2006, 10:48 AM
I visited the Long Beach bars since I first came to Puerto Plata in 1988 and nothing has changed for the better over the last 18 years.
Did I like the atmosphere there, sure I did, I went there often enough over the past 18 years. I'll miss going there but I'm sure I'll find another place to frequent and meet with friends that caters to our tastes. And by the way I never saw Ginni there once.

It will shift elsewhere and with the internet, we we follow fast!

blacksultan
08-02-2006, 06:39 PM
I guess the police were not kidding. Photo taken 01 Aug 2006 at 7 pm local time. Across from Crystal's. Rest of bar's on ocean side to be knocked down by Friday.
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a59/bachag/POPbeach009.jpg
Is this part of the new initiative to curb crime and clean things up? And not even giving people truly adequate time to get their affairs in order? The politicians down there are some stupid mutherfuckers!!

MrHappy
08-03-2006, 12:48 PM
Blacksultan,
This doesn't have anything to do with the new initiative. Puerto Plata has been targeted for major improvements since the presidents last term in power.
But now they are shifting into high gear. There is a ton of public works projects going on in PP.
It's about time.
And for what it's worth, not many will miss these places. Truth is, a lot more new businesses will pop up to serve the masses that this upgrade is going to draw..
The PP long beach used to be a very popular beach many years ago, and I think this will attract hugh crowds once everything is done.

Rocky
08-03-2006, 01:44 PM
They're pumping in sand like crazy around there.
Looks like they're really serious about this project.

Went by this morning and all looked calm, other than the folks still clearing out their goods from the remaining buildings, due to be leveled tomorrow.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a291/rockybar/Picture001-2.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a291/rockybar/Picture004-1.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a291/rockybar/Picture016.jpg

thunderstar
08-04-2006, 03:56 PM
I havnt comented on this on this board or DR1 - but places like long beach and the shanty town in Sousa are part of the charm for me of the DR. Right now not enough has been done to stop me coming there yet but if things keep changing at this rate January could be my last trip.

I hope it doesnt change too much more in the next 6 months.

bachag
08-04-2006, 08:47 PM
Well it is Friday evening and crews from all tradscrafts are working rapidly to finish the area for Leonel's visit tomorrow. They finished artifically creating about 100 feet of new beach. I guess this is suppose to represent the new beach. I think he is going to be pi**sed off that the beach is not finished. Suppose to show up with 20-30 President's of major tour companies. Also setting up stage for for Frank Reyes concert during the beach ceremony 3 pm (Dominican time) Unfortunately it is right under my balcony. I wonder if they will drive him to the ceremony from the Long Beach side-so he can see all of the business/homes destroyed. At the bottom of the sign (small print) NO CAPT MORGAN BOTTLES ARE TO BE LEFT ON THE BEACH.http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a59/bachag/POPbeach013.jpg, http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a59/bachag/POPbeach016.jpghttp://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a59/bachag/POPbeach017.jpg

the_Jayman
08-04-2006, 09:15 PM
yo Frank . . . dude . . . you buying El Presidente some cocktails tomorrow on the beach ? ? ?

slip him a couple hundred pesos for me and let him know that me and JimmyDR need to talk to him ! ! :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance ! ! !:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Kevy
08-04-2006, 09:34 PM
I get all teary eyed everytime I read this thread.