PDA

View Full Version : Santo Domingo a word heritage city that rigidly adheres the politically correct path

ROVER
07-09-2010, 01:19 AM
Santo Domingo a word heritage city that rigidly adheres to the politically correct path

No blacks, no gays, Dominican Republic bar sticks by its ways
http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/img/icons/email.gif http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/img/icons/bookmark.gif http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/img/icons/expand.gifhttp://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/img/icons/print.gif http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/img/icons/comments.gif

http://www.dominicantoday.com/image/article/76/209x400/0/7BAF1E56-05EB-42F6-B9C9-7DCF35EB9E5E.jpeg (javascript:MD_ArticleZoomImages_Show();)
Poster. Imgae: dominicanstreet.com
http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/img/bits/blue-round-more.gifZoom Picture (javascript:MD_ArticleZoomImages_Show();)

Santo Domingo.- Rua's Bar, a disco located in the heart of Dominican Republic’s capital on Thursday defended its decision to bar homosexuals or blacks, stating that it serves “a demanding” and “elite” public which “decides whom to rub elbows with and whom not,” news source clavedigital.com reports.
On facebook Rua's manager Manuel Tomas Diaz apologized to the black people and homosexuals who were kept from entering the disco last week. “We, as all businesses and families, only have our own rules.”
“Rua's reserves the right to admission, it’s a right which bars have to decide who can and who cannot enter, our public is demanding and elite and decides whom to rub elbows with and whom not,” he said.
“Without wishing to generalize we’ve had regrettable spectacle of homosexual couples kissing in the middle of the bar, something which for many is normal, but disagreeable for others. For that reason I gain repeat, we reserve the right o admission,” added Rua's executive.
“A cozy atmosphere, good music, excellent service and more,” says the manager of the disco, located in the capital’s upscale Naco sector. “We maintain these offers thanks to our customers, who as well as demand good presence, good manners and other rules, and from us demand an healthy, moderate and appropriate ambiance to share with their friendships.”

Sensitivity, Equality, Justice, These are the Dominican hallmarks that make it such a trendy cosmopolitan hub attracting intellectuals and artisans from the world over. :confused: :o :veryconfused: .... well .. maybe not. :rolleyes2:

psriches
07-09-2010, 06:20 AM
People get turned away at the door here in New York every Friday and Saturday night for the same reasons. At least in this DR club, they tell you the truth!!

Good for them!

prtyr2
07-09-2010, 09:37 AM
That is assinine. I have been to many upscale places in the DR where white and dark are all friends. Maybe it is just this guys clientele that don't want to "rub elbows" with blacks or gays.

Years ago Trio cafe in SD was exactly the same. I went one night with my ex wife who was an indicita and her amiga that was lighter skinned and a model. Security stopped us at the door and said sorry but private party tonight so we can't go in. I was a dope and said Ok we will sit on the patio and have a few beers. We had some food and drinks and I had to go to mens room which was outside the club. On my way back from mens room security opened the door wide and motioned for me to enter saying bienvenido caballero. I woke up and realized that we were told the private party BS because the girls were not "white".

I didn't return to Trio for maybe 7 years refusing to give a peso to a racist joint. My buddy convinced me it had changed. I went one night with him and sure enough there were morenitas there. Most of the crowd were putas. . . . . .Trio had fallen from being the "hot" spot and was now a hooker hang out. . . . .I laughed my ass off and never went back. I am now friends with the owner that had it recently but he closed it down.
I told him that story and he winced.

Funny part was I almost had to beat the crap out of a dominican asshole with money that first night.

People that frequent those types of bars have zero self esteem or confidence. They need to feel important or special by putting other people down. Just goes to show that class and economic wealth do not go hand in hand. I have seen plenty of people with tons of class in the campo or barrios, while maney from the monied class with zero class.

Yayow and I discussed this once. I told him that both of us would have problems getting into some of the trendy clubs in SD. Partially because of his skin color and partially because of our age, showing up in a taxi vs a jag etc, dress code. . .etc etc etc.

Yayow wanted to put on suits and go test them. I would rather not give them a centavo of my hard earned cash and just laugh at them when they go under. In DR it is usually more about "class" than race. Unfortunately some dopes like that club owner equate the two.

DMV
07-09-2010, 09:51 AM
People get turned away at the door here in New York every Friday and Saturday night for the same reasons. At least in this DR club, they tell you the truth!!

Good for them!

Good for them??? NO, Fuck them.

But I would rather you let me know up front you don't want me in your club instead of spitting in my drink. Still Fuck this BS.

A friend told me he was trying to get in a club with three guys and they had a big problem. I thought he was making something out of nothing, I told him not in DR. I wonder was this the place. Damnnn.

So does this mean the President of DR is not welcome there?

givengo440
07-09-2010, 11:40 AM
Good for them??? NO, Fuck them.

But I would rather you let me know up front you don't want me in your club instead of spitting in my drink. Still Fuck this BS.

A friend told me he was trying to get in a club with three guys and they had a big problem. I thought he was making something out of nothing, I told him not in DR. I wonder was this the place. Damnnn.

So does this mean the President of DR is not welcome there?
DMV a very good question indeed! I promise you all answers would be YESSSS!!! But they will tolerate his brownish :eek: You know racism in DR and on the board is a funny topic people get banned, people leave, people get called on it, etc... I recently posted something on my FB page stating all light skinned latinos need to stop fooling themselves b/c they are not Europeans, raped (so they are fair skinned) yes but not Europeans they are not! Every trip I hear the Europeans cruising the Calonial Zone, Crusing the strip in the Su refer to them (light Skinned as well) "*****s." Maybe I notice it more because like a lot of more experienced members of the board (they just dont say) I dealt with it during my formative years from 10 - 12 grade in high school where being one of six minorities in a school in Overland Park Kansas in the 90's (we graduated 36 minorities, even the 6 who thought they werent a minority) :rofl:.

To get back I've even had a well known member shrug me off like I was a lil begger when he was having a problem with a chica and I asked if he needed a help in front of the NG and he said no I don't want to buy any so I left his dumb ass in the clutches of the puta and who ever else showed up. So in essence what I am saying is fuck the club(s), fuck the people members and non members who practice this bullshit To me they are like the woman who do the same... SO FUCKING WACK! I wouldn't be caught dead with those type of people. What makes me laugh is that the very things they are trying to avoid there own kind (racist) commit the same crimes even more so then the so-called minority. Thow up a duece and spend the peso other places where we are can party and have a good time.

DMV
07-09-2010, 03:01 PM
Thow up a duece and spend the peso other places where we are can party and have a good time.

Amen Nupe Amen!!!

Funny coming from a country where the majority of people are brown. ( correct me if I'm wrong)
Kinda similar to Rand Paul when he said private business so be able to discriminate.