PDA

View Full Version : Where's All the Wildlife on the North Coast??

FritoBandito
07-11-2010, 10:59 PM
I just had about 10 years scared out of my life when I came face-to-face with a big black bear tonight a short time ago. I throw corn out in my front yard for the turkeys, ducks, and deer, but it seems like the rac****s eat most of it. Anyways, coming from my pool in the back of the house to the front, guess what was eating corn in my front yard mere feet away from me??? Yogi minus Boo-Boo. Gave me an adrenaline rush FOH-ShoH....

And speaking of wildlife, where I live in Pennsylvania there is just about every animal in the state here.

I've personally seen ducks, turkey, rac****s, possums, skunks, black bear, Canadian Geese, deer, squirrels, ground hogs, porcupines, foxes, etc. on my property (I live way out in the sticks).

Which makes me wonder: Where's all the wildlife in the DR? You don't see any wild critters running around except those Geico lizards (those suckers are EVERYWHERE) and some assorted frogs and snakes.

I brought this subject up in a bar in Sosua with my friend, and we both laughed and agreed that most of the wildlife was killed and eaten a long time ago by the Dominicans!!!

MrHappy
07-12-2010, 06:53 AM
Why would you want to encourage wild animals to come to your house?

Everything I've ever read seems to discourage that sort of thing.

chicmatic
07-12-2010, 08:22 AM
There's the um..beach chickens and the goats in the charamicos, lol. I've also seen the snakes and lizards. I know I've seen dogs, don't remember any cats. Shit, I don't know.