PDA

View Full Version : Immigration Officer requesting tips (POP airport)

joeysterr
07-11-2010, 11:46 PM
CROOKS!!!!

I have mentioned in my March Stewfest trip report about an immigration officer writing down "T-I-P-S" behind my immigration entry paper. When he did so he told that it was his birthday, hey it happened that day was really MY birthday so I just told him so and told him that HE should give ME a tip. Then something caught his attention or CAUGHT HIM and he quickly send me on my way. Then right when I was leaving his booth I saw this lady supervisor just patrolling the booth sector and that is why he gave up.

Well this time homeboy upgraded. He now has his own piece of riggidy paper writen the word "tips" on it. As I really didn't remember his face I suspect all of them to get about ready to ask and act accordingly.

So there he goes showing me the piece of paper, and this was me.........totally i-gnor-ing-him. I was looking dead at his desk waiting for his next move, he obviously couldn't keep the TIPS sheet to my face for long. He made a nervous smile, stamped my paper and I was AWOUT!!!

It was at the booth #7.

Just wanted to make that part of my trip report seprate since I think it would be easy for them to get some of us since we don't know what we're dealing with an immigration/police officer in a Third World country. I played the ignorance/dead-face game card and it worked.

Mothafucker!:mad:

joeysterr
07-11-2010, 11:48 PM
Ooooh and I forgot to say that I've had actually written in big letters the words

no tips

and circled it lol but ass wipes caught me by surprise with his own tips paper and shit:rofl:

continentalmike
07-12-2010, 05:33 AM
take the paper and show it to his supervisor asking what is meant by this...

MrHappy
07-12-2010, 06:39 AM
Smile! You're on candid camera!!

They're all being monitored now with cameras, so they've got to be a lot more subtle with requests.

I agree with Continental Mike, you should have taken the paper and shown it to a supervisor. I would.

prtyr2
07-12-2010, 07:00 AM
Only happened to me once and it was while leaving the DR. A guy asked for a tip and I just pointed to the sign that says they are not allowed to ask for tips. End of story.

gmalet
07-12-2010, 09:20 AM
I just pretend I dont know what they are saying.

JD426
07-12-2010, 11:09 AM
I start speaking loudly in German, noone likes a loud german and they just shoo me away...

Kevy
07-12-2010, 11:14 AM
Last time I went to the DR, October 2007, they were doing that. The guy in line in front of me gave $5 and I thought I was next, but they never asked me. Does this happen in Santiago and SD or just POP?

b319
07-12-2010, 08:36 PM
CROOKS!!!!

I have mentioned in my March Stewfest trip report about an immigration officer writing down "T-I-P-S" behind my immigration entry paper. When he did so he told that it was his birthday, hey it happened that day was really MY birthday so I just told him so and told him that HE should give ME a tip. Then something caught his attention or CAUGHT HIM and he quickly send me on my way. Then right when I was leaving his booth I saw this lady supervisor just patrolling the booth sector and that is why he gave up.

Well this time homeboy upgraded. He now has his own piece of riggidy paper writen the word "tips" on it. As I really didn't remember his face I suspect all of them to get about ready to ask and act accordingly.

So there he goes showing me the piece of paper, and this was me.........totally i-gnor-ing-him. I was looking dead at his desk waiting for his next move, he obviously couldn't keep the TIPS sheet to my face for long. He made a nervous smile, stamped my paper and I was AWOUT!!!

It was at the booth #7.

Just wanted to make that part of my trip report seprate since I think it would be easy for them to get some of us since we don't know what we're dealing with an immigration/police officer in a Third World country. I played the ignorance/dead-face game card and it worked.

Mothafucker!:mad:

Yeah..they will try all kinds of shit. My first trip, dude kept repeating my name very slowly while his partner was pretending to inspect one of my small carry-ons. I just looked at them both like they were out of they're muthafuckin' minds and loudly asked for a supervisor. All of of sudden he couldn't understand English, but quickly handed me my passport and his boy was very eager to help me get the hell on out of their line. That was some funny shit! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

slipheed
07-12-2010, 11:12 PM
My favorite scam at POP is when they decide that simple items are "hazardous" for carry on's. On my last trip, they claimed that my travel iron was "hazardous" and told me to check my bag. I don't argue with these fuckers and I told him to keep it and give it to someone as a gift. They also took a lady's umbrella from her, claiming it was "hazardous". Fucking scammers!! I bet i will see my travel iron in one of the airport shops on my next visit.

JD426
07-12-2010, 11:14 PM
Umbrellas are no longer allowed, they even tell you that when u are checking your bag, to remove it from carry on and put it in the checked luggage, or they should be telling you .

continentalmike
07-13-2010, 01:29 AM
My favorite scam at POP is when they decide that simple items are "hazardous" for carry on's. On my last trip, they claimed that my travel iron was "hazardous" and told me to check my bag. I don't argue with these fuckers and I told him to keep it and give it to someone as a gift. They also took a lady's umbrella from her, claiming it was "hazardous". Fucking scammers!! I bet i will see my travel iron in one of the airport shops on my next visit.

Umbrella's, traveling irons?

You didn't have a checked bag at all I presume or were you planning to iron everyone's shirt on the wing of the plane in a rainstorm?

slipheed
07-13-2010, 10:15 AM
Umbrella's, traveling irons?

You didn't have a checked bag at all I presume or were you planning to iron everyone's shirt on the wing of the plane in a rainstorm?

The latter, of course:rolleyes:

trini44
07-15-2010, 08:04 PM
wow!, its been a while since i last posted but this thread got my attention. I was in POP on two separate occasions within the space of two weeks late April to early May...first time thcustoms guy asks me if i can give him money for a CERVEZA..i said u must Crazy suppose theyare taping this shit!!...next trip the guy with the paper with TIPS written on it shows it to me...Hey i liked the ingenuity so i gave him a five for it.

continentalmike
07-17-2010, 06:25 AM
Hey i liked the ingenuity so i gave him a five for it.

And in doing so ensured it perpetuates :mad: