PDA

View Full Version : Police want to wash their hands

NewsWhore
07-16-2010, 03:50 PM
An alleged contract killer says that the Police are trying to disassociate itself from the involvement of Police agents in four drug-related cases, by attributing them to Puerto Rican fugitive drug baron Jose David Figueroa Agosto. Gian Enrique Rojas Matos, who is under arrest, says that some government officials are involved who also want to wash their hands. "I don't know where they have gotten that I am a contract killer hired at the orders of Figueroa Agosto. I never personally saw that man, and I only knew of him in the press," said Rojas Matos, who 7dias.com.do says has been always accessible to the press. Rojas said that after he was arrested he was taken to the Police Headquarters and tortured so he would incriminate himself. "They tried to kill me. They placed two black bags over my head and I could hardly breathe, but did not lose consciousness," he told the press. He said, however, that he had not been mistreated since being sent to Najayo. Prior to his arrest he worked in an informal business in Evaristo Morales neighborhood where he sold cell phones. He said he was tried for drug trafficking in the US.
The Police say he acted as a chauffeur and motorcycle mechanic for Figueroa Agosto, and for this was paid US$2,000 a month, and also operated a liquor store. The Police say that Rojas Matos met Figueroa Agosto in jail in Puerto Rico.

More... (http://www.dr1.com/index.html#12)