PDA

View Full Version : Are mongers in DR and Sosua the reason there is prostitution?

greydread
07-18-2010, 10:53 PM
Dominican Schminican...you're going to stretch it out to get your moneys worth. get with a Dominicana for 6 months and tell us how long it lasts.

Pop Pop, Skeet Skeet, Night Night!

Buying a new slice of Punani is like renting a jeep. If you owned it you wouldn't drive it nearly as hard.

"Cobrabuoy"

Since you like quoting my ISOC posts on "DR1"....

Go toss a salad you big Fag!!!

Now run quote DAT!!

Apos
07-19-2010, 01:24 AM
I imagine there are some here that have some stories of when he used to vacation here....his handle here is/was Reel Deal

greydread
07-19-2010, 06:51 AM
I imagine there are some here that have some stories of when he used to vacation here....his handle here is/was Reel Deal

Well his new handle ought to be fake deal. The clown sends me a PM over there telling me how "he knows that I'm an ISOC member and I'm not "as anonymous as I think I am" and this sort of garbage.

Gott Daam. Not for nothing but I've got the same handle on both sites. Does that sound like someone looking for anonymity?

Unlike this clown who used to visit the island to chase P4P Punani like 10,000 other guys before getting tied up in the apron strings and pussy whipped until he became a bobble head lap dog for the feminazies by declaring all P4P as "degrading to all Women" and "every Man who ever went to the DR and laid with a Puta a dirty whore monger and a loser back home who can't get a decent Woman" (daam, if he only knew).

I can't stand a two faced Mothafucka which is why I refuse to be one. I don't often post on this subject over there because I know how the Cunts will react...some of the Women, too but when the (very obvious) subject of sex tourism does come up I refuse to adopt a double standard just because their "polite society" is watching. Fuck them. If they didn't want to know then they shouldn't have asked.

Buying Punani for a night of an hour or however long you feel like negotiating for or she feels like staying is just as legal in the DR as buying it for "until death do we part" (or divorce) or just living with a Woman in a "private Ho" arrangement. Polite society might not like it but that's the way it is and who the fuck pulls up stakes and moves to some 3rd World jungle habitat to suck up to "polite society" anyway I didn't know that social climbing even existed there before I started running into these kinds of suckups. Daam.

Jimmydr
07-19-2010, 09:27 AM

He lives there now, or it did.

Reel Deal
07-19-2010, 09:36 AM
Well his new handle ought to be fake deal. The clown sends me a PM over there telling me how "he knows that I'm an ISOC member and I'm not "as anonymous as I think I am" and this sort of garbage.

Gott Daam. Not for nothing but I've got the same handle on both sites. Does that sound like someone looking for anonymity?

Unlike this clown who used to visit the island to chase P4P Punani like 10,000 other guys before getting tied up in the apron strings and pussy whipped until he became a bobble head lap dog for the feminazies by declaring all P4P as "degrading to all Women" and "every Man who ever went to the DR and laid with a Puta a dirty whore monger and a loser back home who can't get a decent Woman" (daam, if he only knew).

I can't stand a two faced Mothafucka which is why I refuse to be one. I don't often post on this subject over there because I know how the Cunts will react...some of the Women, too but when the (very obvious) subject of sex tourism does come up I refuse to adopt a double standard just because their "polite society" is watching. Fuck them. If they didn't want to know then they shouldn't have asked.

Buying Punani for a night of an hour or however long you feel like negotiating for or she feels like staying is just as legal in the DR as buying it for "until death do we part" (or divorce) or just living with a Woman in a "private Ho" arrangement. Polite society might not like it but that's the way it is and who the fuck pulls up stakes and moves to some 3rd World jungle habitat to suck up to "polite society" anyway I didn't know that social climbing even existed there before I started running into these kinds of suckups. Daam.Is that what you think, dread? That I'm a pussy-whipped hypocrite?

That I chose to attack you? Out of the blue?

That I'm playing to the "cunts?"

That I'm some sort of Jimmy Swaggart? That I don't drink, gamble or have sex? Is that your paradigm? That I'm some sort of sexually repressed church-goer Goody Two Shoes?

That I'm some sort of "suck up?"

Ever occur to you to back off the defensive crap and ASK me back channel what's going on? Or did your brain go into "me vs. the world, I know it all" default mode?

Look: I live in the DR. I have for well over two years. I don't live in a tourist town and rarely are around tourists. I have Dominican partners in a business and hire several Dominicans there and in another business. It has taken two years of being straight with Dominicans to begin to trust me. See, Gringos in the DR are very much distrusted by MOST Dominicans. Why? Because the average tourist they come in contact with are losers and idiots. And until I PROVED myself, I was considered an idiot loser tourist. Hell, no one knew of my education or business background; but when I was accepted and they found out-not from me-the business opportunities have exploded.

Dude, listen up: I DON'T MAKE THE RULES HERE. YOU DON'T MAKE THE RULES HERE. THIS COUNTRY BELONGS TO 10,000,000 DOMINICANS AND YOU BARELY SEE A TINY FRACTION OF THEM IN SOSUA AND BOCA CHICA. THEY MAKE THE RULES HERE. NOT YOU. NOT ME. NOT THE BRAINTRUST OF ISOC. AND ALL THE RIGHTEOUS INDIGNATION, SWEARING, AND SMACK ON A MESSAGE BOARD IS NOT GOING TO CHANGE THAT.

As a GUEST RESIDENT here, I have learned that the best way to build respect from Dominicans-I guess I mean the middle and upper echelons of Dominican society, not those in the poor barrios-is to offer respect to Dominicans and their culture. So I have listened intently to what they say. I have studied the non-verbal cues. My strategy: the best way to become accepted into the Dominican culture is to respect their culture. That means eating foods I don't care for. That means wasting a half hour with a lawyer on chit-chat while his meter is running. That means spending every Sunday evening with family when there are things I'd rather be doing like watching football. That means going to hospitals to see the sick elderly, going to funeral homes and walling in a funeral procession when a cousin of a cousin's uncle passes away. That means accepting a shot of some god-awful "digestiva" after dinner and trying not to puke. That means a gift for a cousin's kid graduating from elementary school. That means joining every civic organization when asked...because that's what they do. (However, the GOOD news is getting invited to some awesome parties where the beer, rum and roasted pig runs free, access to bank credit on the word of a friend or colleague, inclusion into exclusive private clubs and events.)

And you know what I've learned? That in all my years of traveling to the DR-starting back in '87, and accelerating when I started flying my plane down in '04 with Don Tomas-is that I had the Dominican culture all wrong.

Just as you do, too. Just as anyone who travels to the DR for a week or two, staying in a hotel in a tourist area and hanging with other tourists-or Dominicans who benefit from hanging around tourists-would.

You vacation here for one purpose. I LIVE here for another.

And let me type this really slowly-again-so maybe you'll READ it and allow it to SINK INTO YOUR THICK SKULL:

The vast majority of Dominicans and expat RESIDENTS think sex tourism demeans their country and is a blight on their proud heritage. They have little respect for those seen as sex tourists. My comments are about cultural sensitivity and understanding from tourists.

Again, once more:

The vast majority of Dominicans and expat RESIDENTS think sex tourism demeans their country and is a blight on their proud heritage. They have little respect for those seen as sex tourists. My comments are about cultural sensitivity and understanding from tourists.

Did you read that, or do I need to type it again? That is NOT my opinion. It is THEIRS. Ignore it if you want. Laugh it off if you want. But facts are facts, and if you base your opinion on something other than facts than your opinion is baseless.

When you weighed in on that thread, my PM box exploded. I KNOW many DR1ers who live in the DR personally. They told me their thoughts on your comments.

I ~tried~ to get you to chill. But, NO! You're too stubborn and thick-headed to read the subtleties between the lines, and instead of some strategic thinking you defaulted to "aggressive defensive" and charged forward with smack. Brilliant!

You took shit personal that you shouldn't have. But that's just you I guess.

You guys need to realize ISOC became known to many, especially DR1ers, because of the "kidnapping" dealio and the drama that ensued. And while folks came here to see how DR1 was being "slandered"-THEIR words, not mine-many stayed and poked around. I'm sure a review of the IP logs can verify this. Many had no idea a place like this existed.

Dread, my opinion of p4p has evolved somewhat, and you can laugh and mock all you want. I am a bare-knuckled Libertarian. I think sex, drug, alcohol and gambling laws are far too repressive. I am a hard-core agnostic. I think churches should either have the shit taxed out of them like other businesses are, or everybody else should have the same tax breaks as churches. I don't want ~ANY~ religion in gubmint, nor ~any~ gubmint in religion. I'm a staunch free-marketer and think every man is personally responsible for himself and not to gubmint or anyone but his family.

If some high-school dropout in the states wants to hook or work at a tug palace, I don't give a crap. SHE had choices in life and made one. She had a chance at edumacation and chose the "easy" route.
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d29/cobra_boy_FL/lmao.jpg

But I've had the opportunity to do a good amount of charity work for several family foundations. There are off-the-radar Dominican institutions that foreigners don't know even exist. They all deal with the poorest of the poor Dominicans, in Santiago, Janico, Los Dajos, Cerro Prieto and La Vega-and that doesn't include taking on that Haitian orphanage I wrote about on DR1. Hours and hours and hours I have spent swinging hammers, packing food in boxes, serving food onto plates with a big spoon, slopping paint on schoolhouse walls, making photo and video documentaries, building free web sites, you name it. And I have SEEN the tears stream down the face of a mother whose daughter is hooking in La Vaga, the sad eyes of a poor dad who is not able to produce enough income to keep his daughter from blowing tourists to buy food and clothing for her young brothers and sisters. I've seen the heartbreak of these proud families because THEIR options are limited and the sex trade for their prettier women and boys is about the only option they have; the less attractive ones don't even have that option. I have witnessed the family destruction it causes, the social fabric of a community stressed.

When you've seen what I've seen, you'll see that the exploitation of poor young women and boys in the Dominican Republic...and maybe all sex tourist areas...is very similar in many respects to the slavemaster exploiting his poor female and male slaves: it's all about choices, economic power and who wields it.

Again, I'll type really slowly:
*I personally have NO problem with the life you've chosen for yourself.
*You're a Big Boy and are only responsible for yourself.
*I don't expect you to change any behavior, nor do I even want you to.
*You are as meaningless in my life as I am in yours.
*You can choose to acknowledge and respect the Dominican culture as you want them to respect yours.
*If you choose not to acknowledge and respect the dominican culture, that's your choice.

I don't expect you to see it that way. I expect you to dig your heels in and become even MORE defensive if that's even possible. It is what it is.

But since you often pontificate being rational and "open-minded", why not consider my opinion...and the opinions of MANY Dominicans and expat residents...as valid?

One more thing: if you think I don't respect folks on ISOC, you're full of crap. There are MANY here I enjoy good relationships with without any judgement on how they choose to spend their vacation time whatsoever! But many of them do understand the respect of the culture I mention.

gdogg
07-19-2010, 09:59 AM
WOW!! That was a post. Whattup RD.

Jimmydr
07-19-2010, 10:03 AM
WOW!! That was a post. Whattup RD.

That was some post, it gets its own topic now.

gdogg
07-19-2010, 10:18 AM
That was some post, it gets its own topic now.

Yeah, I'm now reading the long thread (on another network, lol) that started this.

Jimmydr
07-19-2010, 10:19 AM
Yeah, I'm now reading the long thread (on another network, lol) that started this.

Can you post the link?

Maretti
07-19-2010, 10:25 AM
...I have SEEN the tears stream down the face of a mother whose daughter is hooking in La Vaga, the sad eyes of a poor dad who is not able to produce enough income to keep his daughter from blowing tourists to buy food and clothing for her young brothers and sisters...
Very touching, but why didn't they think about that before they had those daughters? I bet that the economic situation at that time wasn't better than today's.

gdogg
07-19-2010, 10:27 AM
Can you post the link?

Turns out I was reading a different thread. I'm still looking for it. I'll post a link when I find it.

The Sage
07-19-2010, 10:28 AM
I had a more intensive response, but Jimmy moved the tread and when I went to my heartfelt work disappeared. In a nutshell blaming tourist for prostitution on the island is simply hunting for a scapegoat for a homebred problem. As many of you know most of the houses de chicas on the island are frequented my dominican men. The street walkers in Santiago are exclusively used by dominican men. Families basically selling young girls to older dominican men is not a tourist problem. The abuse that dominican men heap on dominican women is not a tourist problem. When it really comes down to it we are just a small portion of the "john" population there. I suspect the real problem is that tourist money is enticing middle to upper class women to enter the game where before it was primarily the province of poor women. And to compare prostitution to slavery is entirely condescending to anyone who's ancestors actually lived through slavery. I might be wrong here, but to my recollection slaves did not receive wages let alone be paid for one hour's work what a average person would make in a week. The truth of the matter is prostitution is one of those fine dominican heritages RD cites. There are more dominican workers practicing their craft across the globe than all, but two other countries and this is from an island of just 10,000,000 people. I understand where RD is coming from the problem is he completely ignores that when it comes to the treatment of women dominican culture is just a little bit fucked up.

Jimmydr
07-19-2010, 10:29 AM
Very touching, but why didn't they think about that before they had those daughters? I bet that the economic situation at that time wasn't better than today's.

See, they do look on these boards and see the pictures.:eek:

gdogg
07-19-2010, 10:29 AM

People planning to have children...now that's a pleasant thought.

Jimmydr
07-19-2010, 10:32 AM
I had a more intensive response, but Jimmy moved the tread and when I went to enter it disappeared. In a nutshell blaming tourist for prostitution on the island is simply hunting for a scapegoat for a homebred problem. As many of you know most of the houses de chicas on the island our frequented my dominican men. The street walkers in Santiago are exclusively used by dominican men. Families basically selling young girls to older dominican men is not a tourist problem. The abuse that dominican men heap on dominican women is not a tourist problem. When it really come down to it we are just a small portion of the "john" population there. I suspect the real problem is that tourist money is enticing middle to upper class women to enter the game where before it was primarily the province of poor women. And to compare prostitution to slavery is entirely condescending to anyone who's ancestors actually lived through slavery. I might be wrong here, but to my recollection slaves did not receive wages let alone be paid for one hours work what a average person would make in a week. The truth of the matter is prostitution is one of those fine dominican heritages RD cites. There are more dominican workers practicing their craft across the globe than all, but two other countries in the world and this is from an island of just 10,000,000 people. I understand where RD is coming from the problem is he completely ignores that when it comes to the treatment of women dominican culture is just a little bit fucked up.

When Lionel became President, he was going to shut all the whorehouse in the Capital. Less than 24 hours later, the Dominican Supreme Court ruled that, that move would be illegal and that they would arrest the President if he did that.

Dominican men love hookers more than we do.

Jimmydr
07-19-2010, 10:33 AM
People planning to have children...now that's a pleasant thought.

Since there really isn't anything like child support there, no reason for Dominican men not to bang out kids.

Jimmydr
07-19-2010, 10:35 AM
I had a more intensive response, but Jimmy moved the tread and when I went to my heartfelt work disappeared.

This kind of topic needs to stand alone by itself and not get lost in the middle of some other topic.

gdogg
07-19-2010, 10:46 AM
Can you post the link?

Turns out I was reading a different thread. I'm still looking for it. I'll post a link when I find it.

"The Right to Confront an American For Being a Perv."
(courtesy of DR1)

http://www.dr1.com/forums/general-stuff/103602-right-confront-american-being-perv.html

JD426
07-19-2010, 11:07 AM
So all those Cabanas were built for the Gringos who rent Cars while on vacation. Another interesting factoid I didnt know.
"a mother had tears streaming down her face because her daughter is a Puta " ??
I think those are tears of Joy, cause the whole family is eating 3 meals a day & the baby is not CRYING & HUNGRY all because there is one Puta in the house earning some money.
Which is better, a mother crying from Shame , or a BABY crying FROM HUNGER ??
FUCKING PICK ONE !!!! cause I dont think Cleaning Toilets at the Hotels would have paid her more $ .

Hypocrite asshole.

This guy is obviously very intelligent and well spoken, but as is the case with some people they have their heads so far up their asses, they cant see the road. Prostitutions is the oldest business in the world.
You dont want to be a prostitute, GO TO SCHOOL or marry a RICH GRINGO. and oh yeagh, teach your daughters to stop having babies at 14, the father of which is Some local wanna be, without a POT to PISS in. Blame THAT little fucker for scewing up your daughters life, NOT the Gringo, with the Fat Wallet...
Fucking hypocrite...

Reel Deal
07-19-2010, 11:23 AM
Very touching, but why didn't they think about that before they had those daughters? I bet that the economic situation at that time wasn't better than today's.Had I, a white guy, had said that about poor women in the hood in, say, Harlem-seeing how they and Dominicans are likely both people of color-I'd be excoriated by folks here as a culturally insensitive racist swine.

I am of the belief that in a man's journey from birth to death he evolves several times. If that evolution takes him in a different direction away from his prior state, that is hardly hypocrisy. In fact if a man *doesn't* evolve he's never developed. That is what Maslow wrote about and on which he developed his "Heirarchy of Needs."

If "hypocrisy" is defined as acts done today that are in conflict with acts done in prior periods, every human, in some form or fashion-not to mention every ISOCer-is a hypocrite. We ALL wear that yoke. Why? Because every married or formerly married guy here has pledged to to be faithful and honor their marital commitments, or pledged faith to a girlfriend-and failed. We know how that goes. That would mean a formerly married ISOCer who fucked around but is no longer married is a hypocrite.

But I don't believe that for a nanosecond. Folks evolve as people. Folks change. I have changed several times in my life. Greydread has changed, I'm sure.

Hypocrisy is doing today what you preach against today. Hypocrisy isn't NOT doing today what you have done in the past.

Yes, living in a developing country 24/7/365 and living with the people here every day has changed me. I'm humbled. I took for granted many of the material comforts and opportunities available to me, growing up as a middle-class American (which is a mega-wealthy Dominican), that are unreachable dreams to many Dominicans and Haitians. I see folks who will forever be underemployed and their full potential as people never realized. It's sad in many ways.

If those experiences have changed me into what some might think is a "two-faced pussy"...well, that says more about them than it does me.

And you know what? I'm still very young @ 58. I might even evolve some more. I hope, anyway...;)

Reel Deal
07-19-2010, 11:28 AM
So all those Cabanas were built for the Gringos who rent Cars while on vacation. Another interesting factoid I didnt know.
"a mother had tears streaming down her face because her daughter is a Puta " ??
I think those are tears of Joy, cause the whole family is eating 3 meals a day & the baby is not CRYING & HUNGRY all because there is one Puta in the house earning some money.
Which is better, a mother crying from Shame , or a BABY crying FROM HUNGER ??
FUCKING PICK ONE !!!! cause I dont think Cleaning Toilets at the Hotels would have paid her more $ .

Hypocrite asshole.

This guy is obviously very intelligent and well spoken, but as is the case with some people they have their heads so far up their asses, they cant see the road. Prostitutions is the oldest business in the world.
You dont want to be a prostitute, GO TO SCHOOL or marry a RICH GRINGO. and oh yeagh, teach your daughters to stop having babies at 14, the father of which is Some local wanna be, without a POT to PISS in. Blame THAT little fucker for scewing up your daughters life, NOT the Gringo, with the Fat Wallet...
Fucking hypocrite...Perhaps you need to actually read and comprehend what I have repeatedly said: It's not about prostitution. It's about the DOMINICAN THOUGHTS ON SEX TOURISM AND SEX TOURISTS.

Not mine. Theirs.

Theirs.

Not mine.

Theirs.

Dominicans.

Not tourists.

Not mongers.

Dominicans.

Huge, massive difference there, Bubba.

But folks will read and absorb whatever fits their paradigm.

WickedWillie
07-19-2010, 11:36 AM
I've followed that thread on DR1 for a few days now.

I could care less if Cobraboy/ReelDeal originally came here for P4P activities and I could care even less that has now seemingly reinvented himself as a pious self-righteous hypocrite prick.

He is, however, deluding himself if he thinks the majority of his middle/upper class Dominican friends and business associates and the ex-pats that he talks so glowingly about are not as hypocritical as he himself now is.

They are all at it at one time or another and it makes no difference if they are a Mercedes driving hotshot politico with a weekend retreat in Jarabacoa, some motoconchista from Villa Meija or an ex-pat in a stable relationship.

Granted some are more active than others but make no mistake I would defy anyone to show me a Dominican male that hasn't had some extra P4P on the side.

Oh and I have seen the tears of JOY from the mothers of some of these girls when they realise that there is food on the table from a gringo source.

Maretti
07-19-2010, 11:41 AM
"The Right to Confront an American For Being a Perv."
(courtesy of DR1)

http://www.dr1.com/forums/general-stuff/103602-right-confront-american-being-perv.html
I read a couple of pages but I got scared of so many people with "pistols" who had come to the table and beat the crap out of the "pervert gringo". I got a hunch that the "pervert gringo" is just an imagination of the OP who's just trying to show the world how "different" he is, like in "if they world were habitated by people like him, it would be paradise". I wouldn't like to live in that paradise!

It's kind of ironic, for him, what the "tiguere" does is ok but if the same thing is done by a gringo, then it's not ok. It doesn't make any sense to me. Bad is bad not matter where it comes from!

By the way, I'm a Latino and grew up in the same environment, and of course, I used to do the same same (the hissing, the macho talk, etc.) but when I came to USA and became "Americanized" (civilized), I changed for the better...I think!

gdogg
07-19-2010, 11:45 AM
I read a couple of pages but I got scared of so many people with "pistols" who had come to the table and beat the crap out of the "pervert gringo". I got a hunch that the "pervert gringo" is just an imagination of the OP who's just trying to show the world how "different" he is, like in "if they world were habitated by people like him, it would be paradise". I wouldn't like to live in that paradise!

It's kind of ironic, for him, what the "tiguere" does is ok but if the same thing is done by a gringo, then it's not ok. It doesn't make any sense to me. Bad is bad not matter where it comes from!

By the way, I'm a Latino and grew up in the same environment, and of course, I used to do the same same (the hissing, the macho talk, etc.) but when I came to USA and became "Americanized" (civilized), I changed for the better...I think!

You need to keep reading (if really interested)...the whole topic changes to what we are posting about here on about page 4.

Reel Deal
07-19-2010, 11:46 AM
I've followed that thread on DR1 for a few days now.

I could care less if Cobraboy/ReelDeal originally came here for P4P activities and I could care even less that has now seemingly reinvented himself as a pious self-righteous hypocrite prick.

He is, however, deluding himself if he thinks the majority of his middle/upper class Dominican friends and business associates and the ex-pats that he talks so glowingly about are not as hypocritical as he himself now is.

They are all at it at one time or another and it makes no difference if they are a Mercedes driving hotshot politico with a weekend retreat in Jarabacoa, some motoconchista from Villa Meija or an ex-pat in a stable relationship.

Granted some are more active than others but make no mistake I would defy anyone to show me a Dominican male that hasn't had some extra P4P on the side.

Oh and I have seen the tears of JOY from the mothers of some of these girls realise that there is food on the table from a gringo source.If any are a hypocrite, it's Dominicans. I'm the frickin' messenger.

Once again you guys fail at understanding the topic: what DOMINICANS think of sex tourism. Not me. Them.

Are there Dominicans that fuck around? Of course. I'm not aware anyone, myself included, think otherwise.

Does that stop them from not liking their country being considered a sex tourist destination and not respecting sex tourists? No it doesn't.

That's it! Nothing more! Nothing less!

Why is that so hard to understand and accept?

All the smack and rationalizations in the world isn't going to change THEIR perception.

The fact that YOU think all is OK doesn't mean THEY do.

Got it?

Reel Deal
07-19-2010, 11:50 AM
It's kind of ironic, for him, what the "tiguere" does is ok but if the same thing is done by a gringo, then it's not ok. It doesn't make any sense to me. Bad is bad not matter where it comes from!Thank you.

That's the point.

What a tiguere does is viewed differently than if a gringo does the same exact thing.

It's the culture. It's how it is here.

So if a Dominican screws a PYT p4p it's OK. If a gringo does the same thing, it's disrespecting his country.

That has been my total point.

And one I think is important for guys coming down here to understand and file in their "cultural differences" folder. It might explain why Dominicans think it's OK to screw with a gringo in a sex tourist area: they have no respect for them. Think about it. Isn't it important to ~understand~ how and why people behave toward you?

I can call my sister ugly. But if you do I will fuck you up.

WickedWillie
07-19-2010, 11:57 AM
If any are a hypocrite, it's Dominicans. I'm the frickin' messenger.

Once again you guys fail at understanding the topic: what DOMINICANS think of sex tourism. Not me. Them.

Are there Dominicans that fuck around? Of course. I'm not aware anyone, myself included, think otherwise.

Does that stop them from not liking their country being considered a sex tourist destination and not respecting sex tourists? No it doesn't.

Why is that so hard to understand and accept?

All the smack and rationalizations in the world isn't going to change THEIR perception.

The fact that YOU think all is OK doesn't mean THEY do.

Got it?

Fine I fully agree that Dominicans are hypocrites and I understand that you are just the messenger.

However you cloud the issue somewhat when you say that most ex-pats hold the same opinion.

Reel Deal
07-19-2010, 12:18 PM
However you cloud the issue somewhat when you say that most ex-pats hold the same opinion.The vast majority of expats who live outside of the sex tourist areas hold that opinion.

Many expats in the sex tourist areas chose it because of the ready availability of the girls. That is understandible. And many tourists will mingle with those expats...like those here...when they come to the DR. Hence their perception is skewed.

Fact is folks who live among Dominicans...like me...have to go out of our way to live that reputation down.

Facts is facts. Interpret them as you want.

Si_Poppi
07-19-2010, 12:23 PM
Perhaps you need to actually read and comprehend what I have repeatedly said: It's not about prostitution. It's about the DOMINICAN THOUGHTS ON SEX TOURISM AND SEX TOURISTS.

Not mine. Theirs.It sure seems like you had more to say than simply just that. :rolleyes:

Then you agree: a sex tourist does not have the ability to "get" a girl back home, so he goes to a poor country to exploit girls born into poverty with few real choices.

Outstanding rationalization for the inability to have a mature relationship with a female human being. So rather than treat them as a total human being you exploit their sexual organs with money. Why? Because of your selfish need to stick your wanger in a young female outweighs her emotional/intellectual needs.

And if you hang with others who say/feel/think the same it somehow makes it more comfortable through common reinforcement with like minded guys and assorted sex addicts.

DMV
07-19-2010, 12:29 PM
Dominicans are angry with the sex tourism trade, WHY?

Is it because of foreigners coming to the island and having sex with their women?
Is it because the foreigners can pay them more than the locals can for having sex with their women?
Is it because that's what the perception of the Island has become?

I'm not attacking you Reel Deal, but the Dominicans need to look in the mirror.
Women trading sex for money to survive was going on well before the explosion of the sex tourist.

Taking away the foreign element will not end sex for money? They will just get paid less.

Since you are the messenger asked the Dominicans this:

Why did the Government make it legal?
Where are the opportunities for women in DR?
Where are the jobs for the fathers of families?
Where are the programs to help families so the daughter will not have to go into this trade?
Where are good public schools?
Where is the reliable electric system?

The most important of all... Why are the Dominicans not demanding this from their government? So if we keep it local then it's business as usual?

Si_Poppi
07-19-2010, 12:39 PM

By the way, I'm a Latino and grew up in the same environment, and of course, I used to do the same same (the hissing, the macho talk, etc.) but when I came to USA and became "Americanized" (civilized), I changed for the better...I think!One must consider the source in order to keep things in the proper context. :lol::mrgreen::rofl:

Wow, and I get uptight about paying 50pesos instead of 45pesos. Seems part and parcel of Sosua and its own clientel. Young men leaving minimum wage jobs over the water for a week somewhere they can pretend to be millionaire ganster rappers, looking like dicks and being taken for a ride. Used to be only the girls could make them look stupid and take them for all they had, seems now the bars are tapping into the power of the stupidity these guys bring with them. If the guys were real about the money they had instead of all this modern pimp loving lifestyle they wouldn't get stung anywhere near as hard as they do.

Instead they blow 6 months salary in 7 days and go home to work another 6 months to pay for the xmas trip. In this time they think they are kidding the girls and the locals that this is thier spending velocity on a day to day living, it is silly and the only people they are really kidding are themselves, the girls are not stupid, the bar owners are not daft and everyone capitalizes on this silly pimp ass dream they bring with them.

OK, so you have years of experience in DR. After time you decide to take a year out and rent an apartment and rather than rent various hookers decide to take a good one and keep her on full time in a sort of unspoken agreement.
She gets pregnant, you have left the country by the time you find out. The math add up and it is your child, you return to look after them and things are not quite the same. She decides to start manipulation whenever you mention separating, starts claiming you are aggressive and violent, infact even threats to get you in trouble with the police if you threaten to leave her.
Things become unworkable, now you are miserable in your own home, you ask her to go back home, she won't and the cycle starts again.
You want out but are really worried about her and her accusations. You would like the child but feel the chances you will get the child are slim as it is still young.
How the hell do you work this out with the kind of mentality of the average Dominican used to be hooker. You can't even stand the person you are supporting and living with, she makes you feel sick just being around her.
Oh and she claims she is pregnant again, and you had a vasectomy 3 days before returning.

Well, one good way to look at this is she won't get much out of me. Including the year I took out to enjoy life and live lazy I have spent pretty much everything I have, I am down to my last pennies at the moment, I own no property, I have no job and so her claim would be very small. Infact I am considering taking a job here just to get by on minimum money.

Reel Deal
07-19-2010, 12:46 PM
It sure seems like you had more to say than simply just that. :rolleyes:You've met some sex tourists, right? I know I have. It's hard to debate that description doesn't apply to a fairly wide population of mongers, many by their own admission...in private, of course.

I know mongers who can't hardly get a date unless they are in a foreign country.

I know mongers who hadn't been near a woman for YEARS before finding sex tourism.

I know mongers who can't even get a checking account because their lives in the states are so fucked up. His mother has to write checks for them.

I know mongers whose only association with women in the states consists of strip clubs and massage parlors.

Dude, I've seen one of the top mongers on this board LITERALLY curled up in a fetal ball, crying and depressed...why? Because a Major League hooker rejected his romantic appeals. Please, Biubba, don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about.

And you're OK with exploitation? I thought I made it quite clear my opinions about p4p have evolved because of the reality of poverty here based upon what I have experienced first hand. I don't approve of the exploitation of poor women for any reason anymore than I approve of white slavery. If a woman has actual choices in life, no problem...as I clearly stated before. But when borne out of financial desperation...different story. I would hope folks still have enough concern for those with few options in life.

JD426
07-19-2010, 12:48 PM
The vast majority of expats who live outside of the sex tourist areas hold that opinion.

Many expats in the sex tourist areas chose it because of the ready availability of the girls. That is understandible. And many tourists will mingle with those expats...like those here...when they come to the DR. Hence their perception is skewed.

Fact is folks who live among Dominicans...like me...have to go out of our way to live that reputation down.

Facts is facts. Interpret them as you want.

So your personal opinions & the opinions of the Locals you associate with about p4p Gringos , are now FACTS ? Really.. What Logic course did you take in College ?
the REAL FACTS ARE that if Gringos stop coming (and it can easily happen) , some kids wont eat. Kids who are NOT our resposibility to begin with. Will this upper Crust who you claim to rub elbows with in your business dealings take care of these kids ? Tell us more about The SOCIAL programs which have been set up as a safety net . We would love to hear more about that.
But dont come here preaching (which is what you are doing) that OUR GRINGO PESOS are not green enough to buy food for kids who would essentially be STARVING .

How dare you. you pompous horses ass.

gdogg
07-19-2010, 01:00 PM

(Hypo)Critical Thinking.

Reel Deal
07-19-2010, 01:01 PM

Is it because of foreigners coming to the island and having sex with their women?
Is it because the foreigners can pay them more than the locals can for having sex with their women?
Is it because that's what the perception of the Island has become?

I'm not attacking you Reel Deal, but the Dominicans need to look in the mirror.
Women trading sex for money to survive was going on well before the explosion of the sex tourist.

Taking away the foreign element will not end sex for money? They will just get paid less.

Since you are the messenger asked the Dominicans this:

Why did the Government make it legal?
Where are the opportunities for women in DR?
Where are the jobs for the fathers of families?
Where are the programs to help families so the daughter will not have to go into this trade?
Where are good public schools?
Where is the reliable electric system?

The most important of all... Why are the Dominicans not demanding this from their government? So if we keep it local then it's business as usual?You want answers from someone with great observation skills who lives here?

Dominicans don't care about gubmint in the way we do. They see gubmint as Santa Claus. They support a candidate not on ideology, but on probability they might get elected and literally GIVE them something.

Dominicans have been subjugated to dictators and conquerors of varying sorts until 1964. Old habits die hard. Being "independant" isn't yet ingrained in their souls.

Dominicans don't value edumacation because they don't see a payoff.

Dominicans know the gubmint is corrupt so they don't trust it. Most stay away.

Politics to Dominicans is largely a spectator sport.

Most Dominicans think the electricity is fine. They think 5 hours a day without is a LOT better than it used to be: none or little. Their lives don't revolve around power.

The gubmint has few programs to keep girls from hooking. The gubmint have no money, even if there was no corruption. And church resources are thin. That being said, one of my companies has a charity and ask guests if they want to contribute. For $500 we can pay tuition for one year for 5 "at risk" girls...girls aged 12-14 from poor homes...to a good Catholic school, the girls chosen by the nuns with interviews with their parents. So far we've sponsored 25 girls.

Dominicans have a great pride in their country and an intense sense of nationalism and (what I see as ) bravado. Like I said, I can call my sister ugly. If you do I will fuck you up.

Si_Poppi
07-19-2010, 01:02 PM
You've met some sex tourists, right? I know I have. It's hard to debate that description doesn't apply to a fairly wide population of mongers, many by their own admission...in private, of course.

I know mongers who can't hardly get a date unless they are in a foreign country.

I know mongers who hadn't been near a woman for YEARS before finding sex tourism.

I know mongers who can't even get a checking account because their lives in the states are so fucked up. His mother has to write checks for them.

I know mongers whose only association with women in the states consists of strip clubs and massage parlors.

Dude, I've seen one of the top mongers on this board LITERALLY curled up in a fetal ball, crying and depressed...why? Because a Major League hooker rejected his romantic appeals. Please, Biubba, don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about.Be that as it may, I don't recall claiming that you don't know what you are talking about.
I was simply refuting this bullshit claim of yours.
Nothing more, nothing less.

Reel Deal
07-19-2010, 01:11 PM
So your personal opinions & the opinions of the Locals you associate with about p4p Gringos , are now FACTS ? Really.. What Logic course did you take in College ?
the REAL FACTS ARE that if Gringos stop coming (and it can easily happen) , some kids wont eat. Kids who are NOT our resposibility to begin with. Will this upper Crust who you claim to rub elbows with in your business dealings take care of these kids ? Tell us more about The SOCIAL programs which have been set up as a safety net . We would love to hear more about that.
But dont come here preaching (which is what you are doing) that OUR GRINGO PESOS are not green enough to buy food for kids who would essentially be STARVING .

How dare you. you pompous horses ass.Live here and you could answer your own questions, but not the way you think they might be answered.

The gubmint has no money for a social safety net. The per capita GDP is under US$8000, the aggregate tax burden about 15%, or around $1200 per capita.

YOUR "logic" is not shared by Dominicans.

And...reality...sex tourists are not the major source of tourist income in the DR. Maybe in a couple of small places. But in the aggregate it's a small piece of the pie.

BTW-there are several foundations set up by Dominican families who offer all sorts of social assistance. I'm a part of four: one of my own and three with family members. I wrote about one. Go to DR1 and search for the thread I started, One day in Haiti. I encourage all to contribute. PM me and I can hook you up with folks where 100% of every dollar goes directly to kids.

Actually, I am actively collecting for two projects for the Haitian orphanage: a solar/inverter system for their pump and for lights (discounted is around $1700)...they have virtually none...and a lagrge chalkboard, teachers size, and 50 small "laptop" chalboards for the kids. Oh, and a bunch of chalk. Hard to learn without anything, including the teacher, to write on. With luck, we'll raise the $$$ needed for our trip in mid-August.

Reel Deal
07-19-2010, 01:12 PM
Be that as it may, I don't recall claiming that you don't know what you are talking about.
I was simply refuting this bullshit claim of yours.
Nothing more, nothing less.Sorry, then, you fail.

But I understand the "circling the wagon" mentality.

hugrad95a
07-19-2010, 01:13 PM
Personally, I went to the DR because the women are fine, the food is great, and land and beaches are great. I think there would still be pros even if we didnt pay and I would still be trying to have sex with the women cause I like them.

Reel Deal
07-19-2010, 01:15 PM
Dudes:

I am not your enemy.

It's always good to understand how others think.

Sometimes folks out of the Tribe have worthy opinions.

Here's a legitimate offer: we're going to Haiti, Los Dajos and the poorest barrio in Santiago in mid August. If any of you guys are going to be here, PM me and I'll arrange for you to go and see stuff yourselves. Might change your definition of "poor."

gdogg
07-19-2010, 01:21 PM
Personally, I went to the DR because the women are fine, the food is great, and land and beaches are great. I think there would still be pros even if we didnt pay and I would still be trying to have sex with the women cause I like them.

http://rlv.zcache.com/keeping_it_simple_dark_tshirt-p235750865953019925td51_210.jpg

:iconTU:

Reel Deal
07-19-2010, 01:23 PM
(Hypo)Critical Thinking.That distills it to the most basic elements.

It is what it is.

WSJ3
07-19-2010, 01:23 PM
THREAD CLOSED...

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a164/FiestaWSJ3/Zombie_virus_computer_pop_up_by_Jed.png

I think that any further disagreements between the parties in question can be handled through PMs.

Not on the open board.