PDA

View Full Version : what bars have Karaoke, and what nights to do they have it?

stevereds
07-22-2010, 02:13 PM
Always wanted to try Karaoke... I see Cuba Libre has it.

what other bars have it in Sosua, and on what nights? Has anyone seen them or done one?

thanks in advance,
Steve

wrgold
07-22-2010, 03:04 PM
I cant remember the name of the bar, but it is one the corner and its is located a little bit west of the coyote bar. They have karaoke on thursday night. I just cant remember the name of the place

mikelodge
07-22-2010, 03:10 PM

what other bars have it in Sosua, and on what nights? Has anyone seen them or done one?

thanks in advance,
Steve

I wasn't aware that Freds did?

mikelodge
07-22-2010, 03:23 PM
I cant remember the name of the bar, but it is one the corner and its is located a little bit west of the coyote bar. They have karaoke on thursday night. I just cant remember the name of the place

I know the one you mean and I think that is the name of it or at least one of the names The Kareoke Bar. It is on the same side of the street (PC) as Coyote just toward town (west) a half block.

Dafishguy
07-22-2010, 04:15 PM
Beechers, The old Ruby's Bar across the street from La Roca has Karaoke on demand all nights of the week. I usually sing there when I'm in the mood.

steviewonder
07-22-2010, 04:22 PM
El Flow on Mondays and Fridays. La Rumba on Tuesday and Thursday.....

stevereds
07-22-2010, 04:41 PM
thanks..
Where is the Coyote bar? I dont think I visited when I was last there in MARCH

I thought I read it burned down?

balcoach
07-22-2010, 04:45 PM
Also Jolly Roger a few doors past Brittania...

Apos
07-22-2010, 08:18 PM
thanks..

That was "wild" Coyote at the corner of David Stern and PC, Coyote bar is just before and across the street from Zoilo Supermarcado on the way to Passions, El Colibre Hotel and Cuba Libre Bar

Apos
07-22-2010, 08:20 PM
Karaoke makes my eyes bleed! :rolleyes:

Karaoke in Spanish is even more painful!! :eek::rofl:
El Flow on Mondays and Fridays. La Rumba on Tuesday and Thursday.....

stevereds
07-22-2010, 11:18 PM
yes.. I need english speaking songs for sure lol

mikelodge
07-22-2010, 11:31 PM
That was "wild" Coyote at the corner of David Stern and PC, Coyote bar is just before and across the street from Zoilo Supermarcado on the way to Passions, El Colibre Hotel and Cuba Libre Bar

Spell check mercado you Rummy :p:D:wink:

Can't wait to hit the spots in Dec. My plan is since I don't want to wind up in the naked spooners jail for driving to take you along on our barhopping then If I hit somebody rub your finger prints on the wheel and Kidnap you for a few days until I leave. I suppose to be safe we should stick the the East End From Freddies to Red :lol::lol::lol:

Now that deserves a Fuck You button.

Mr. Smooth
07-23-2010, 03:33 AM
Also Jolly Roger a few doors past Brittania...

For the first time in 10 years I sang karaoke here when I was in town last month. Steve, you will really like this bar...a nice break from all the madness across the street. Plenty of choices, I sang Glen Campbell, Bob Dylan, Gordon Lightfoot, singer songwriter types. And no Simon Cowell around to tell you how much you suck. The two tables of drunk Scottsmen gave me a sitting ovation!:rofl:

mikelodge
07-23-2010, 09:24 AM
For the first time in 10 years I sang karaoke here when I was in town last month. Steve, you will really like this bar...a nice break from all the madness across the street. Plenty of choices, I sang Glen Campbell, Bob Dylan, Gordon Lightfoot, singer songwriter types. And no Simon Cowell around to tell you how much you suck. The two tables of drunk Scottsmen gave me a sitting ovation!:rofl:

That is funny, Drunk Scottsmen who would have thought. They probably thought they were giving you a standing ovation and forgot to stand up. :lol:

Nakom
07-23-2010, 10:46 AM
That is funny, Drunk Scottsmen who would have thought. They probably thought they were giving you a standing ovation and forgot to stand up. :lol:

Better than drunk Irishmen - they throw empties!

Any intrest in setting up a ISOC Karaoke night in Sosua. Maybe on the Sept long weekend. Friday everyone will be in first day party mode. Saturday there will be pool parties. How about Sunday Sept 5th? It would be a good laugh and a chance to meet a few new members. Plus you could probably fill the place with chicas to witness the train wreck.

If there is any intrest let's see if we can make a sticky with some details, and a note in the announcment calander.

naptime
07-23-2010, 11:31 AM
Beechers, The old Ruby's Bar across the street from La Roca has Karaoke on demand all nights of the week. I usually sing there when I'm in the mood.

i'll pay double on my next stay, for video of that :rofl:

renatososua
07-24-2010, 09:34 AM
thanks..

Yes it burned Jan 27, here some pics I took.
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u276/renatososua/2010-01-28firerestaurante004.jpg

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u276/renatososua/2010-01-28firerestaurante005.jpg

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u276/renatososua/2010-01-28firerestaurante007.jpg

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u276/renatososua/2010-01-28firerestaurante003.jpg

FritoBandito
08-22-2010, 03:07 PM

thanks in advance,
Steve

Jolly Roger Bar, Thursday nights...Riding the motoconcho to Merengue Bar, I passed Jolly Roger a few times on Thursdays where I could hear them singing....or sqawling like a cat in heat.....:eek:

Mr Hillbilly
08-22-2010, 03:39 PM
Chalos across the street from Charlies in POP few blocks down from La Sirena on Wednesdays believe me is worth the drive

200 peso beer bongs.