PDA

View Full Version : Store for sex toys in sosua

vesuv
07-25-2010, 11:01 PM
Does anybody know if there is a stroe where I can buy some sex toys in Sosua?

Thanks
Vesuv

onetosix
07-25-2010, 11:09 PM

Thanks
Vesuv
I lived there last winter and have walked everywhere in Sosua. I never saw a sex toy store, but I might have missed it if there is.

Unless you are already there and want to get some, why don't you get them in your country and take them with you. Even with the ridiculous attitudes about the sex industry in North America, my observations are that the biggest and best sex stores are in North America. They have them other places too, but the ones I've checked out have not been anywhere near as good as the North American ones...maybe in these other countries they don't need as many props and stuff for stimulation as the regressive puritans in NA.

I have my share of toys that I travel with too and a lot of the ladies seem to like them a lot. I find MANY that have never used a vibrator or dildo or lube or any of that stuff and are quite intrigued. It's fun introducing them to it.

swiggy
07-25-2010, 11:24 PM
i bring a vibrator usually and sometimers i bring a bunch of pocket rockets when i remember to order them from ebay. i assume your concerned they will check your luggage? if they do then they do. definitely makes the evening fun.

mikelodge
07-25-2010, 11:41 PM
i bring a vibrator usually and sometimers i bring a bunch of pocket rockets when i remember to order them from ebay. i assume your concerned they will check your luggage? if they do then they do. definitely makes the evening fun.

I bet if you put them in a plastic bag with a tube of preperation H they wouldn't look at them to hard. :rofl:

I am thinking it would be nice to bring a Dewalt cordless drill driver with a small rubber sanding attachment (without the sandpaper of course) then lube it well and hit them with a 18 or 24 volt high speed setting. :eek:

onetosix
07-26-2010, 12:09 AM

Who cares if anybody sees them...I think that's great if they do...they just wish they were doing whatever it is you are doing. I have carried all kinds of toys in a plastic bag with me for years when traveling. I actually don't think of a single time anybody has ever looked at my stuff. It's not illegal you know. If they did look at it...I'd just give a wry grin, look 'em in the eye and say "nice huh...ever tried one"?jajaja I usually have a few extras to give away too.

mikelodge
07-26-2010, 12:29 AM
Who cares if anybody sees them...I think that's great if they do...they just wish they were doing whatever it is you are doing. I have carried all kinds of toys in a plastic bag with me for years when traveling. I actually don't think of a single time anybody has ever looked at my stuff. It's not illegal you know. If they did look at it...I'd just give a wry grin, look 'em in the eye and say "nice huh...ever tried one"?jajaja I usually have a few extras to give away too.

Your credibilty is all the way there in my book but I gotta believe you a kidding about saying Ever tried one :lol: Although there have been a few, very few, TSA agents that I would have loved to buy a ticket to come along to many of the places I go.

gdogg
07-26-2010, 01:14 AM

Thanks
Vesuv

You bring them with you. I've never done it, but others do it all the time!

Apos
07-26-2010, 01:29 AM
There "was" one right beside EL Toro Restaurant on the east end of Pedro Clisante...past passions, past Cuba Libre and El Colibre Hotel even and on the same, north/ocean side as El Toro. The owner's daughter owned it or at least ran it. I think it's long closed now but not 100%. Things seem different one day to the next regarding what's open and closed... :D

gdogg
07-26-2010, 01:31 AM
There "was" one beside EL Toto Restaurant on the east end of Pedro Clisante

El "Toto"? I must have missed that joint...I bet it was good! Fish place?
:lol:

Apos
07-26-2010, 01:33 AM
oops :rolleyes:
El "Toto"? I must have missed that joint...I bet it was good! Fish place?
:lol:
thought I caught that typo/Freudian slip in time! :eek::rofl:

I think I must NEED to get laid! :D

gdogg
07-26-2010, 01:36 AM
There "was" one right beside EL Toro Restaurant on the east end of Pedro Clisante...past passions, past Cuba Libre and El Colibre Hotel even and on the same, north/ocean side as El Toro. The owner's daughter owned it or at least ran it. I think it's long closed now but not 100%. Things seem different one day to the next regarding what's open and closed... :D

I remember when that place opened. Yep, my future esposa (according to her mother, lol) was running it. Smart chica...speaks a multitude of languages. I didn't even know it stayed open that long. Good for them.

MrHappy
07-26-2010, 06:38 AM
Sex shops in the DR are not a place you want to visit. The prices will have you staring in amazement Everything is marked up 300-400%.

We're talking 40-50 dollars for a bottle of lube, 150 dollars for a cheap dildo, 30-40 bucks for a pocket rocket.

Dominicanas weren't made for sex toys. They were made to be YOUR sex toy.

DominicanBilly
07-26-2010, 11:28 AM

Thanks
Vesuv

Since the store next the restaurant el Toro closed I don't know of any in Sosua but the is one in Puerto Plata in the small mall where the Caribe Bus line has their depot.

But as Mr Happy said the mark-ups are high.

snoozer
07-26-2010, 11:53 AM
I seem to recall there was a sex shop attached to El Rancho hotel when it opened. Not sure if it survived.

mikelodge
07-26-2010, 12:32 PM
Sex shops in the DR are not a place you want to visit. The prices will have you staring in amazement Everything is marked up 300-400%.

We're talking 40-50 dollars for a bottle of lube, 150 dollars for a cheap dildo, 30-40 bucks for a pocket rocket.

Happy do you know what would be involved cost wise for shipping if you were to order from say Adam & Eve .com ? If it were reasonable since there prices are so cheap a smart businessman might want to order a few gross for a strip club to sell.

MrHappy
07-26-2010, 12:46 PM
In this day and age of the internet, anybody that wants stuff like this orders it off the net. They're not very interested in visiting shops where they can be seen buying the stuff.

For folks that do that, the shipping cost by private carrier to the DR from Maimi is 5 bucks a pound, plus import taxes.

mikelodge
07-26-2010, 12:49 PM
In this day and age of the internet, anybody that wants stuff like this orders it off the net. They're not very interested in visiting shops where they can be seen buying the stuff.

For folks that do that, the shipping cost by private carrier to the DR from Maimi is 5 bucks a pound, plus import taxes.

I should take orders for my Dec. Xmas trip to see what I could make the most off of bringing down like vibrators :lol:

Nakom
07-26-2010, 06:07 PM
oops :rolleyes:
thought I caught that typo/Freudian slip in time! :eek::rofl:

I think I must NEED to get laid! :D

Apoman - now there's a great buisness idea for ya. A monger store! Sex toys, american condoms, lube, bottle openers, pre-paid phones, sd cards, morning after pills, dick meds, antibiotics, money exchange, maps, tours to Crystals (ect). The list is endless.

onetosix
07-26-2010, 07:19 PM
Your credibilty is all the way there in my book but I gotta believe you a kidding about saying Ever tried one :lol: Although there have been a few, very few, TSA agents that I would have loved to buy a ticket to come along to many of the places I go.

No, really, I would say that..."Ever tried one" but you would have to do it in a humorous manner or tone of voice.

onetosix
07-26-2010, 07:25 PM
I seem to recall there was a sex shop attached to El Rancho hotel when it opened. Not sure if it survived.

Yes, you are right about that...there WAS/IS a small shop with toys and other stuff when the El Rancho opened. Also not sure if it survived. It's just down the street from the New Garden on the right hand side after you go through the intersection.

onetosix
07-26-2010, 07:27 PM

Thanks, that is correct....I use the Miami courier service to get mail from the US when living in Sosua too. FedEX works real well too but is really damned expensive.

onetosix
07-26-2010, 07:29 PM

It closed a whille ago...

onetosix
07-26-2010, 07:33 PM

Yeah...I went in a couple of stores here in MDE too just last week, and the prices here are about the same as you described in the DR. Outregeous!! Again...almost anything that is imported to these countries is much more expensive that in the US...from food to sex toys.

onetosix
07-26-2010, 07:42 PM
Apoman - now there's a great buisness idea for ya. A monger store! Sex toys, american condoms, lube, bottle openers, pre-paid phones, sd cards, morning after pills, dick meds, antibiotics, money exchange, maps, tours to Crystals (ect). The list is endless.

Not a bad idea...you could have branch stores in SD, Punta Cana, La Romana, LaVega, Santiago, PP, Sosua, Las Terrenas, Sabaneta and maybe one in Playa Dorada(heard there is vacant store footage for rent there)for the AI guys that get horny and can't escape the compound from their wives.