PDA

View Full Version : What's a better spot for New Year's - Sosua or Santo Domingo?

macula
07-28-2010, 05:30 AM
Hi, all! I just came back from spending almost a week in Sosua (5 days, 4 nights, 4 chicas, 5 pops :cheesygrin:) so I know what to expect and I definitely want to experience more of the same. Does Santo Domingo offer a comparable or better "night life"? My only gripe with Sosua was the limited amount of hot looking chicas and the small setting; I know Santo Domingo is bigger but I'm hoping it also offers a hotter, larger variety of chicas. In any event which is the better city (for mongering) during the week leading up to New Year's? I have to visit the DR again! :mrgreen:

Apos
07-28-2010, 05:42 AM
Probably SD.

Habla Espaņol? Si no...Sosua!

macula
07-28-2010, 05:50 AM
Probably SD.

Habla Espaņol? Si no...Sosua!

Gracias. Yo se un poco espanol. Pero necesito hablar espanol para las chicas who love dinero? :lol:

Apos
07-28-2010, 05:55 AM
In that case go here http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=652
and study up!

Look for Cheeno's and Greydread's stuff! Yayow, MrHappy and partyr2 as well.

macula
07-28-2010, 05:59 AM
In that case go here http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=652
and study up!

Look for Cheeno's and Greydread's stuff! Yayow, MrHappy and partyr2 as well.

Thank you. I read through many of those threads and posts, but the Santo Domingo forum doesn't seem to be as active as the one for Sosua. So, that's why I was wondering if Santo Domingo offers as many "working" chicas as Sosua does pound for pound?

Apos
07-28-2010, 06:05 AM
Millions of people live in and around the Capital where only about 50,000 or so for Sosua. Sosua IS a "destination" for the girls but there are obviously many more in SD. But, unless you research where the casas and chica bars are you'll have to really work and make full use of your Spanish...and personality. It's almost nothing like Sosua. :eek:

I'll let the guys that actually live there and vacation there point you in the right direction. It's not my favourite spot as I prefer smaller towns and a beach. :D

macula
07-28-2010, 06:09 AM
^^^ Gracias. I will take a chance and book a flight to SD. Worst-case scenario if I feel completely out of my element after a day or two, then I can take a bus to Sosua and spend the remaining days there, and travel back to SD on the last day.

MisterPink
07-28-2010, 09:04 AM
Hi, all! I just came back from spending almost a week in Sosua (5 days, 4 nights, 4 chicas, 5 pops :cheesygrin:) so I know what to expect and I definitely want to experience more of the same. Does Santo Domingo offer a comparable or better "night life"? My only gripe with Sosua was the limited amount of hot looking chicas and the small setting; I know Santo Domingo is bigger but I'm hoping it also offers a hotter, larger variety of chicas. In any event which is the better city (for mongering) during the week leading up to New Year's? I have to visit the DR again! :mrgreen:

ive done both... i figured if sosua is good ...new yrs in santo dominigo would be off the chain.... but it not the same kind of fun... its def more of a new yrs party. and u need to speak spannish or its difficult to pick up cuz most of the girls r with freinds or family... sosua is an everyday party, i cant tell the different between new years or tues in sosua....i stayd at the jaragua hotel in S.D and the party was great, music, entertainment,lots of people,food...def worth doing....

adios
07-28-2010, 01:16 PM
I was in Sosua on New Year's Eve once. It's just like any other night there. Some more locals hanging out on Pedro Clisante. Most people there didn't even care when it was really midnight. No countdown etc... All in all, I wouldn't go to Sosua again just to be there for New Year's...

Maretti
07-28-2010, 02:52 PM
Thank you. I read through many of those threads and posts, but the Santo Domingo forum doesn't seem to be as active as the one for Sosua. So, that's why I was wondering if Santo Domingo offers as many "working" chicas as Sosua does pound for pound?
Check this link http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&ie=UTF8&msid=106767774275556555984.00046d685b11334063b43&ll=18.467703,-69.898582&spn=0.009891,0.019248&z=16&mid=1246396605 to get you started in Santo Domingo. Have fun!

macula
07-28-2010, 06:00 PM
Check this link http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&ie=UTF8&msid=106767774275556555984.00046d685b11334063b43&ll=18.467703,-69.898582&spn=0.009891,0.019248&z=16&mid=1246396605 to get you started in Santo Domingo. Have fun!

Lol yes I have seen your map in one of the Santo Domingo threads. Quite impressive! Thanks. :wink:

swiggy
07-29-2010, 11:03 PM
^^^ Gracias. I will take a chance and book a flight to SD. Worst-case scenario if I feel completely out of my element after a day or two, then I can take a bus to Sosua and spend the remaining days there, and travel back to SD on the last day.

excellent attitude and a good idea, you can be in sosua in four hours if you dont like the place. just have a bit of a gameplan or idea what you are going to do and what area you will stay in and you should be fine.

steviewonder
07-30-2010, 02:31 AM
ive done both... i figured if sosua is good ...new yrs in santo dominigo would be off the chain.... but it not the same kind of fun... its def more of a new yrs party. and u need to speak spannish or its difficult to pick up cuz most of the girls r with freinds or family... sosua is an everyday party, i cant tell the different between new years or tues in sosua....i stayd at the jaragua hotel in S.D and the party was great, music, entertainment,lots of people,food...def worth doing....

This should be Sosua's tourist slogan!:wink:

continentalmike
07-30-2010, 02:55 AM
NYE (New Years Eve, not New York Exchange) is not a good time to be out hunting...

All but the most desparate girls will be with their families and friends and no-one wants to work

This has the following effects:

1. there are less girls
2. the prices are higher
3. service is worse

So do not go to hunt on either X-mas or NYE.. you should have shacked up before that!

On the other hand if you've hooke dup beforehand there are many parties to go to, but dress up nicely!

macula
07-30-2010, 03:23 AM
NYE (New Years Eve, not New York Exchange) is not a good time to be out hunting...

All but the most desparate girls will be with their families and friends and no-one wants to work

This has the following effects:

1. there are less girls
2. the prices are higher
3. service is worse

So do not go to hunt on either X-mas or NYE.. you should have shacked up before that!

On the other hand if you've hooke dup beforehand there are many parties to go to, but dress up nicely!

Yeah, New Year's Eve itself, from what I'm hearing, it would be more fun to party in the streets of Santo Domingo since everybody else will lol. I was just wondering where would be the better spot for hunting during that week. But I'm not looking to hunt or be shacked up on New Year's Eve itself. Sorry, if my post wasn't clear about that. I'm still reading around to find out good hot spots (non-mongering) to dance, get drunk, and ring in the New Year. But during the week, I'll definitely be in search of chicas so I just wanted to know if I could have the same fun and options in Santo Domingo that I had in Sosua prior to just kicking back and partying for NYE lol.

adios
07-31-2010, 11:08 AM
There are some parents with their kids in Classico's too at New Year's! And not that baaad! I remember one mother with her daughter... :rofl:

MrHappy
08-01-2010, 08:46 AM
There are a couple of good points and bad points about SD for New Years.

You won't find a lot of hookers working in the bars, most girls go home for New Years. But then again, a TON of girls that work in other towns(like Sosua) are back home in Santo Domingo, hanging out in the streets.

There are always a LOT of New Years celebrations going on in the city, including a HUGH bash on the Malecon, which has thousands of folks in attendance(think Times Square, kinda). If you like big bashes, it's the place for you. LOTS of live entertainment by top groups.

The HUGH downside is that transportation is NOT available. You will NOT find a taxi unless you've made prior arrangements beforehand. EVERYONE splurges on renting a taxi to get around, so there will not be any available. No one will even answer the phones if you try to call for one.

I've done the malecon thing more than once, and to be honest, it's not my cup of tea.

As far as Sosua is concerned, it's pretty much just another night, with girls out and about, but not as many as usual.