PDA

View Full Version : language skills in Sosua

Man gone Nuts
07-31-2010, 07:35 PM
im coming to Sosusa in september and I cant speak spanish (maybe some words). is this gonna make it very difficult for me? or does the girls there speak any english?

jacknback
07-31-2010, 07:37 PM
they understand money!!!

naptime
07-31-2010, 07:37 PM
just learn a few words, meet up with some other isocers and you'll be all set.

there are plenty of guys here that are good with spanish. but i would say the majority here, have limited skills.

you've got over a month to learn some key phrases and you should be all set.

my first three trips i knew hardly none.

the important stuff comes quick.

Man gone Nuts
07-31-2010, 07:47 PM
iI will keep studying. lived in Brazil for about a year and managed allthoug I dont speak much portugues. im a newbie on this forum and notised that I probably should of posted under chicas? anyway thank you guys for your quick replies.
im starting to like this forum more and more...:)

michel3275
07-31-2010, 08:46 PM
First thing you could try if you want, try a couple of basic lessons on YouTube. I found dozens of them.
You can also subscribe to dominican cupid for one month. Meet some girls(its easy, they are like hungry sharks when you log on) add those you like on msn and try to have conversations with them using Google translator or Yahoo.

I've done that since last trip in may and altought i'm far from being fluent, i'm 50 times better than i was. Cant wait to see the difference next month in sosua. Good luck

shredder
07-31-2010, 11:26 PM
Most of the girls are fluent in Swedish:)

SrSuerte
08-01-2010, 12:46 AM
First thing you could try if you want, try a couple of basic lessons on YouTube. I found dozens of them.
You can also subscribe to dominican cupid for one month. Meet some girls(its easy, they are like hungry sharks when you log on) add those you like on msn and try to have conversations with them using Google translator or Yahoo.

I've done that since last trip in may and altought i'm far from being fluent, i'm 50 times better than i was. Cant wait to see the difference next month in sosua. Good luck

Practice always help. That is what i do to get better. I talk to girls online all the time. Video Chat makes it better because some times reading and writing does not translate to pronouncing the words well. I speak spanish to people from all over the world, but once that Microphone is on.....
You can get by in Sosua with the worst spanish. The more you know, the better you are off though.

Estilo Perito- Doggie Style! LOL

Pat you dick and say...

Montarlo(Mon tar lo)- Get on top/ride it!

stevereds
08-01-2010, 01:10 AM
You don't need to know much Spanish in Sosua.
I speak very little, and never had a problem. All chicas know pesos and what you want to do with them.you can use sign language or gesture...they will understand.

But, be prepared if you do meet up with a chica, and she doesn't speak your language, dont expect a great night of chit chat . will be lot's of silence,

I always preferred to do a double date type thing with wingman, and we find at least one Chica speaks some english, This way she can translate stuff to the other chica, as well she can also talk to her friend too.

If you are gonna just do ST and have sex/massage for an hour or two, it wont matter what language she speaks.

Bhutto,BhuttoGolly
08-01-2010, 01:47 AM
I wouldn't call what they speak in the highly edumacated streets of Sosua: Spanish at all!
Been there twice- and not to offend any Dominican mongers, but nobody ever claims that a high-level of Spanish is spoken anywhere in the DR, much less by teen/twenty-somthings that probably haven't finished highschool.
That said, I do love me my Dominicanas!

gdogg
08-01-2010, 02:36 AM
If you're a person who would feel silly not being able to communicate at all, get a cheap electronic translator ($10) from a store like Best Buy, and an English/Spanish dictionary (50 cents) from a dollar store. They come in handy and, for some reason, it's like some type of aphrodisiac when a chica is helping you with your Spanish. They really enjoy it (at least the non-hardened ones I used to meet when I carried a translator). Communication helps you feel out chicas to see if there's chemistry...but that doesn't interest everyone. So do you NEED Spanish skills? Nope...just pesos.

jonblaze
08-01-2010, 10:35 AM
im coming to Sosusa in september and I cant speak spanish (maybe some words). is this gonna make it very difficult for me? or does the girls there speak any english?

No I don't believe that it will make it too hard for you. But your trips there will get better, the more spanish you know. That's something I learned from the vets on this board and it's proven very true for me. I honestly don't know where my skill level is right now cause I've never had any real formal training but I'm able to maintain conversations with chicas with what I do know. Once you get to the point were you can make them laugh during pillow talk, your golden.

naptime
08-01-2010, 01:22 PM
If you're a person who would feel silly not being able to communicate at all, get a cheap electronic translator ($10) from a store like Best Buy, and an English/Spanish dictionary (50 cents) from a dollar store. They come in handy and, for some reason, it's like some type of aphrodisiac when a chica is helping you with your Spanish. They really enjoy it (at least the non-hardened ones I used to meet when I carried a translator). Communication helps you feel out chicas to see if there's chemistry...but that doesn't interest everyone. So do you NEED Spanish skills? Nope...just pesos.

amen.

i sometimes use my laptop with a spanish translator, or on my phone ive got google translate too.

i love it when i've got a chica with some chemistry, and were trying to communicate, and she goes through the trouble of helping to properly pronounce the words in our little mini spanish class.

your right. it some strange way it is an aphodisiac.

naptime
08-01-2010, 01:24 PM

HOW DID I NOT EVER THINK ABOUT THIS !!?!?!?!?

i see guys talk about meeting chicas online on facebook or cupid, etc... and i was always like, eh, not interested in meeting a girlfriend, so no need for that shit..

but i never even thought of it as a tool for learning spanish and more about the dominican culture...

so.. yeah... i just finished signing up :)

Apos
08-01-2010, 03:37 PM
Are these sites free because there are many other options for sites that are...why pay? :confused:

badoo.com

sonico.com

shitloads of them

The Sage
08-01-2010, 04:41 PM
Anybody considering a translator ay want to purchase this little baby. Franklin has gotten the size down to 3 by 4 inches and added some nice features.

Amazon.com: Franklin Speaking Merriam Webster Spanish English… (http://www.amazon.com/Franklin-Speaking-Merriam-Dictionary-BES-2100/dp/B001WLU1BE/ref=sr_1_27?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1280696152&sr=1-27)

Kevy
08-01-2010, 04:47 PM
Anybody considering a translator ay want to purchase this little baby. Franklin has gotten the size down to 3 by 4 inches and added some nice features.

Amazon.com: Franklin Speaking Merriam Webster Spanish English… (http://www.amazon.com/Franklin-Speaking-Merriam-Dictionary-BES-2100/dp/B001WLU1BE/ref=sr_1_27?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1280696152&sr=1-27)

I bought one of those years ago, it might be good for your translating, but the chicas that tried using it had too many spelling mistakes to translate a word and forget about a phrase it took me forever to explain that they needed spaces between the words:rolleyes:

gdogg
08-01-2010, 04:51 PM
HOW DID I NOT EVER THINK ABOUT THIS !!?!?!?!?

i see guys talk about meeting chicas online on facebook or cupid, etc... and i was always like, eh, not interested in meeting a girlfriend, so no need for that shit..

but i never even thought of it as a tool for learning spanish and more about the dominican culture...

so.. yeah... i just finished signing up :)

It's the only reason I chat up chicas online...Spanish practice!! Prepares you well when you don't have someone live to speak to.

weyland
08-01-2010, 05:17 PM
... but i never even thought of it as a tool for learning spanish and more about the dominican culture...
You could spend a lifetime learning Dominican Spanish. Not for beginners, but DR1 has an interesting section on local usages.

You don't need to spend a lifetime learning about Dominican culture. Ten minutes should be enough to cover that thoroughly.

Field Marshal Goering once said "When I hear the word 'culture' I reach for my revolver". He wouldn't have wasted much ammunition in the DR.

The Sage
08-01-2010, 08:11 PM
I once got an email from a chick. When I attempted to translate it from Spanish to English all I got in return was spanish. Every word was spelled wrong

Apos
08-01-2010, 08:15 PM
While Spanish may be optional in Sosuua I might suggest learning some Creole and perhaps some French. :rolleyes:

adios
08-03-2010, 04:26 PM
While Spanish may be optional in Sosuua I might suggest learning some Creole and perhaps some French. :rolleyes:
I remember a chica who could just speak Creole and French, not even Spanish. My luck that I remember basic French phrases. Oh l'amour.... :rofl:

On my first trip to the DR I told one chica that she has to tell me the Spanish words for the body parts. That was a nice language lesson and funny "pillow talk". :rolleyes:

regularblkguy
08-05-2010, 06:43 PM

The only french know is " vouslez vous veni avec moi". Got that from from an old Zouk song

hugrad95a
08-05-2010, 07:47 PM
A nice game to play in bed is Que es eso or Como se dice en espanol? Then grab, lick or kiss each part as she tells you.

michel3275
08-05-2010, 07:52 PM
A nice game to play in bed is Que es eso or Como se dice en espanol? Then grab, lick or kiss each part as she tells you.

Thats a good idea, that should be my next step in learning spanish

weyland
08-05-2010, 07:59 PM
That's alright for you young fit guys but I am no longer supple enough to lick my own balls. :(

Slutteryzegna
08-16-2010, 05:24 PM
That's alright for you young fit guys but I am no longer supple enough to lick my own balls. :(
First post after years of lurking. Weyland you crack me up!!! I laughed out loud at this one ... for a long time.

gdogg
08-16-2010, 05:51 PM
First post after years of lurking. Weyland you crack me up!!! I laughed out loud at this one ... for a long time.

Welcome to "civilization"!
:wink:

Jonew1
08-16-2010, 05:55 PM
But, be prepared if you do meet up with a chica, and she doesn't speak your language, dont expect a great night of chit chat . will be lot's of silence,

i had several nights like this.... akward silence after the boom boom. i like to talk to them and figure out what the fuck their mindset is. its really cool when you are able to somewhat interact with them.

sometimes it can also be fun too when ya got a good buzz going and your trying to communicate in broken spanish its almost like playing sharades<<< (spelling)??? lol. several chicas were fun to talk too others i was just like ok good night or time too go

SeaWeed
08-17-2010, 09:56 AM
you don't need any language skills in Sosua
just some Peso's

bang them and forget them