PDA

View Full Version : [DR1] Beer sales down 10%

NewsWhore
08-03-2006, 03:10 PM
The producers of Presidente beer say that beer sales are down by 10% after the government ordered bars, discotheques and colmadones to close at midnight from Monday through Thursday and Sundays, and at 2am on Fridays and Saturdays. The Cerveceria Nacional Dominicana (CND) argued that there is no research that proves that drinking has an effect on crime. They also complain about the fact that in the solutions being sought to the increase in crime, alcohol vendors are being singled out for blame as cause of the problem.

But Juan Hernandez, director of Department of Taxes, as reported in El Caribe, says that the decline in the tax revenues they are receiving from the CND can rather be attributed to an increase in Presidente Light sales. Light beer has a lesser alcohol content, and thus pays less tax.

Link To Original Article (http://www.dr1.com/index.html#8)

Jimmydr
08-03-2006, 03:35 PM
The producers of Presidente beer say that beer sales are down by 10% after the government ordered bars, discotheques and colmadones to close at midnight from Monday through Thursday and Sundays, and at 2am on Fridays and Saturdays. The Cerveceria Nacional Dominicana (CND) argued that there is no research that proves that drinking has an effect on crime. They also complain about the fact that in the solutions being sought to the increase in crime, alcohol vendors are being singled out for blame as cause of the problem.

But Juan Hernandez, director of Department of Taxes, as reported in El Caribe, says that the decline in the tax revenues they are receiving from the CND can rather be attributed to an increase in Presidente Light sales. Light beer has a lesser alcohol content, and thus pays less tax.

Link To Original Article (http://www.dr1.com/index.html#8)

He is pissing off the wrong people!

Don Tomas
08-03-2006, 05:23 PM
He is pissing off the wrong people!

I am making my educated guess right now and bet that Brugal & Presidente will throw millions behind the next Presidential candidate that will reverse the laws.

Rocky
08-03-2006, 06:05 PM
The producers of Presidente beer say that beer sales are down by 10% after the government ordered bars, discotheques and colmadones to close at midnight from Monday through Thursday and Sundays, and at 2am on Fridays and Saturdays.What actually happened is that Ted the bartender has been on the wagon for the last ten days. He easily accounts for 8% of the Presidente consumption in this country and the other 2% is just normal fluctuation.

Apos
08-03-2006, 06:06 PM
What actually happened is that Ted the bartender has been on the wagon for the last ten days. He easily accounts for 8% of the Presidente consumption in this country and the other 2% is just normal fluctuation.looks like Ted has the "swing vote":mrgreen:

imagine his influence in the next election:rolleyes::rofl:

Beads
08-03-2006, 06:12 PM
I wonder if they have impeachments in the DR.

Kevy
08-03-2006, 06:24 PM
What actually happened is that Ted the bartender has been on the wagon for the last ten days. He easily accounts for 8% of the Presidente consumption in this country and the other 2% is just normal fluctuation.

Ted's on the wagon? I guess I win't bring him any crown royal then.

Rocky
08-03-2006, 06:30 PM
Ted's on the wagon? I guess I win't bring him any crown royal then.He just fell off this very minute, as we speak.
Bring it on down.

the_Jayman
08-03-2006, 06:31 PM
Who invented that figure ? ?

This law is what ? ? ? a week old and those knuckleheads have already figured out the percentage that beer sales has fallen ? ? ?

gimmy a break (at the same time . . . it's a comfort knowing that the boys at Brugal and Presidente are on our side ! !)

Kevy
08-03-2006, 06:32 PM
He just fell off this very minute, as we speak.
Bring it on down.

ok, sorry to hear he didn't make all 12 steps.

gmalet
08-06-2006, 10:52 AM
Got this off Sosua News:

Next week bars close at 2am?

A government representative has apparently stated that the closing times for bars and restaurants will be changed next week, and that the sale of alcohol will be prohibited from 2am on weekdays. On Fridays and Saturdays this will be extended to 3am. The government has apparently taken this decision following continued criticism and pressure from the catering and tourism industries. The top managements of Brugal, Presidente and Brahma have also expressed their concern. The industry is reporting that the sales turnover has dropped by 40% and that, if the measures continue, the bar and restaurant owners will be forced to make thousands of workers redundant.

the_Jayman
08-06-2006, 07:14 PM
yeah but can me and Boston Jim get bombed in our Car ? ? ?

That's the law that really matters ! !

http://www.virob.com/virob/videos/336.html

Beads
08-06-2006, 07:18 PM
yeah but can me and Boston Jim get bombed in our Car ? ? ?

That's the law that really matters ! !

http://www.virob.com/virob/videos/336.html

Yes because you will bring that -10% to +500 % in 1 week of partying. I would think Presidente and Brugal will pay whatever fines you 2 get if theres any problems.