PDA

View Full Version : DR mongering 101

weyland
08-06-2010, 08:00 PM
I think all newbies to the DR should read this very informative and carefully-worded article:

http://www.dr1.com/articles/prostitution.shtml

Although many years old it is the best primer I have come across for those starting their career as a monger in the DR.

Obviously one short article cannot cover everything in detail, but it does emphasize points that are often overlooked here, such as the fact that the extensive sex industry in the DR predated the start of tourism and mainly consists of Dominicans servicing Dominicans. It also fires a warning shot across the bows of those (often gullible) guys who come on here boasting that they now have a non-puta girlfriend who is a full-time student.

Things not mentioned that could have rounded out the picture more:
--- sankies for female tourists
--- prostitution via dating sites
--- the sharp increase in the proportion of haitianas in the sex-trade in the DR

JD426
08-06-2010, 08:04 PM
I think all newbies to the DR should read this very informative and carefully-worded article:

Although many years old it is the best primer I have come across for those starting their career as a monger in the DR.

Obviously one short article cannot cover everything in detail, but it does emphasize points that are often overlooked here, such as the fact that the extensive sex industry in the DR predated the start of tourism and mainly consists of Dominicans servicing Dominicans. It also fires a warning shot across the bows of those (often gullible) guys who come on here boasting that they now have a non-puta girlfriend who is a full-time student.
--- the sharp increase in the proportion of haitianas in the sex-trade in the DR

Have you been reading my personal emails again ?
LOL

hugrad95a
08-06-2010, 08:08 PM
The money most of these prostitutes earn by sleeping with tourists is usually much more than they have ever experienced before. These girls usually have no concept of saving so the money is immediately spent on items such as clothes, jewelry, cell phones, etc. Additionally, many of them begin to use drugs. There is no concept of personal advancement or aspirations to achieve financial stability. Instead, they subscribe to a “live for today” attitude and the money is quickly spent.

Very true.

princepointe
08-06-2010, 08:16 PM
The money most of these prostitutes earn by sleeping with tourists is usually much more than they have ever experienced before. These girls usually have no concept of saving so the money is immediately spent on items such as clothes, jewelry, cell phones, etc. Additionally, many of them begin to use drugs. There is no concept of personal advancement or aspirations to achieve financial stability. Instead, they subscribe to a “live for today” attitude and the money is quickly spent.

Very true.

Lucky for us.lol. Many of us are business men. One thing we all know is that if you have something the other party wants more than you want their commodity then you will always come out on top. They want our money FAR more than we want them. That's why many of us ALWAYS set the price. I NEVER pay what someone wants for anything if bargaining is an option. WE set the tone. WE set the price. The beauty of DR is that it's a satuated market with the same exact commodity. That's why my prices are SET in stone. No if I see a perfecty ripe piece of "fruit" I may bump up a little but this is only a result of saved monies from the average lot. Mongering is a business like any other.

papi_sosua
08-06-2010, 08:41 PM
I think this is a pretty shallow analysis as is best evidenced by the complete lack of mention of "hair salons."

All joking aside though, I have a pretty good inside into the minds and perspectives of several girls. I admire most of them everyday: I mean, I couldn't make love to an overweight, out-of-shape, alcoholized bitch in her late 30ies. And pretend that I enjoy the experience...The equivalent of which they are asked to do everyday.

Give 'em some respect, will you.

Very true.

Seville
08-07-2010, 06:47 PM

my novia is not a full time-student, only part-time.

Westy
10-29-2010, 11:31 AM

Although many years old it is the best primer I have come across for those starting their career as a monger in the DR....

Thank you, Weyland - a valuable and useful primer to the trade!

Incidentally, your mention of the "full-time student novia" reminds me of my late-lamented romance some years ago in Paraguay. My novia couldn't stay with me one Friday night (on my second visit, this one just to see her) because "she had classes at the University tomorrow morning". :( The following evening, my friend 'Professor C.' - a geography professor at the University - chatted with her about her classes, and later he told me that "she doesn't know the people she should know with her major. I'm sure she isn't studying there." :mad:

I'm glad I wasn't badly burned on that romance, just lightly grilled. Since then, though, I'm likely to err on the side of too much caution ... I'm not paying for "La Sirenita" to study anything but hydraulic engineering; specifically the engineering of MY hydraulics! :cheesygrin:

Boon
01-17-2011, 10:33 AM

thanks for the good info

Westy
01-19-2011, 08:28 PM
I've just gotta laugh at the banner ads that popped up with this article: DominicanCupid and LatinAmericanCupid ....

weyland
01-19-2011, 09:00 PM
my novia is not a full time-student, only part-time.
Check out the meaning of "novia" some time.

MrHappy
01-20-2011, 06:42 AM
I've just gotta laugh at the banner ads that popped up with this article: DominicanCupid and LatinAmericanCupid ....

Poetic justice? Incredible coincidence? A carefully planned ad campaign?

Westy
01-20-2011, 07:39 AM

Poetic justice? Incredible coincidence? A carefully planned ad campaign?
Whichever it was, the result is ... PRICELESS!!! :rofl: :rofl:

The only way it could have been better:

Top ad for DominicanCupid.com

Side ad for Western Union :rolleyes: