PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know a cab driver who speaks English?

Cheeno
08-04-2006, 09:35 AM
Hola everyone :)

I will be in Santiago from August 7th until the 9th.

Does anyone know a cab driver who speaks English?

Thank you and have a good day.

P.S. The upgrade to this website looks great!!! :)

Cuba Libre
08-04-2006, 10:45 AM
JJ speaks English and is an excellent tour guide. He lives in Santigo but knows most of the island.

Email his wife Rocio at palomalinda0890@hotmail.com or call JJ on his cell 809-357-6049

He is 100% reliable, speaks English, and won't rip you off! Great people.

Cheeno
08-04-2006, 10:52 AM
JJ speaks English and is an excellent tour guide. He lives in Santigo but knows most of the island.

Email his wife Rocio at palomalinda0890@hotmail.com or call JJ on his cell 809-357-6049

Thank you very much for the information. I greatly appreciate it!!! :)

I will give him a call before I depart for Santiago.

Have a good day.

MisterPink
08-04-2006, 11:05 AM
JJ is my driver in Santiago!
He will find you anything you want at any hour.
I wanted to hear live Tipico music and find chicas upon landing in Santiago, he knew exactly where to go on an off night.

His wife usually answers e mail within a few hours.

Jimmydr
08-04-2006, 11:07 AM
JJ is my driver in Santiago!
He will find you anything you want at any hour.
I wanted to hear live Tipico music and find chicas upon landing in Santiago, he knew exactly where to go on an off night.

His wife usually answers e mail within a few hours.

What does he charge from STI to Sosua?

MisterPink
08-04-2006, 11:11 AM
$70USD from STI to Sosua, a little more for those middle of the night Jetblue flights.

$60 for VIP folks! Don't forget to tip JJ

palomalinda0890@hotmail.com

Phoenix
08-04-2006, 11:59 AM
The taxi from STI to Sosua is such a fucking rip off from all these guys...I am fucking sick of getting pinched by cab drivers for airport to hotel rides.

Jimmydr
08-04-2006, 12:00 PM
The taxi from STI to Sosua is such a fucking rip off from all these guys...I am fucking sick of getting pinched by cab drivers for airport to hotel rides.

With the new Marriott, they offer free shuttle and from there I will get a normal taxi.

Phoenix
08-04-2006, 12:04 PM
With the new Marriott, they offer free shuttle and from there I will get a normal taxi.

It was a pleasent surprise when I got a cab in Bogota to a hotel, it was a 25 minute ride for 18K COP which is $7.00 USD. That was fair.

mirage6
08-05-2006, 07:07 PM

yes i have heard a lot of good things about him i have him scheduled to pick me up in sept as well

mirage6
08-05-2006, 07:08 PM
$70USD from STI to Sosua, a little more for those middle of the night Jetblue flights.

$60 for VIP folks! Don't forget to tip JJ

palomalinda0890@hotmail.com

he quoted me 60.00 to puerto plata

Beads
08-05-2006, 07:13 PM
I used the same guy on last trip from STI to POP. same price $70 US. He was a nice guy spoke perfect english. He is definitely a tourist taxi and it was by far the nicest taxi I have ever been in while in the DR. I told him before hiring him we needed a smoking taxi. At first he was reluctant but I guess he had the open time that day.Hes a taxi for Silva taxi service which is even more expensive ($95.00). You save $25.00 cutting Silva out and getting this guy.

Silvas Website
http://www.taxirs.homestead.com/Rates.html
Ive used this guy for my very first DR trip. He is definitely high priced as he sublets out all work to guys like JJ. I also used one of JJs drivers he sublets to as well so theres definitely a mark up.

In santiago at the airport you will find english speaking taxis and definitely can negotiate. I have heard dragging your luggage to the departures side and grabbing a publico is MUCH CHEAPER if you have functional spanish.

Good luck!