PDA

View Full Version : propina amounts????

Jonew1
08-17-2010, 09:48 PM
I dont mean to get personal but can some of you guys that are more familiar with sosua fill me in on what you normally give for a propina to the chicas? i was usually tipping the passions girls 500 pesos.

that may have been too much but i dident wanna make them feel as though they dident provide good service cause that definatly wasent the case. the normal random chicas off the strip i would tip around 200 pesos or so. some body give me an idea of what the normal range is please so next time im more comfortable. thanks

natmatt
08-17-2010, 10:22 PM
Some of the pool girls at NG will give you a BJ for 500.............

A propina depends on the person. I have only had a few of them ask or say
something to me about a propina. In those cases, it was only for some extra
money to pay the motoconcho and that was because they do not like to
show large bills around the motoconcho......................

Just use your best judgment, same as if someone here in the states was
rendering a service to you. Anything you give them, they will be happy with
it.

Apos
08-17-2010, 10:32 PM
Propina? :eek: Por qué? :confused:

mikelodge
08-17-2010, 10:43 PM
Propina? :eek: Por qué? :confused:

I was waiting for someone else to say for what?

For something special like a girl out of control beggining you to spank her and do her in the ass and begging and screaming mas dolor then squirting like a fountain well ok. You don't have to tip at Passions unless you plan on repeating with the girl then it might improve performance

Apos
08-17-2010, 10:47 PM
Generally, but certainly not always, you're not only wasting your money but you're setting yourself up for future pricing issues. They will expect more $$$$ from you and so will all her friends and all the people that they tell. Gossip RULES in Sosua!

They expect t be paid as agreed and frankly think that you are wasteful, and therefore stupid, to pay more. Restaurants excepted...sometimes :D

Jonew1
08-17-2010, 11:00 PM
thanks guys for the input. i just dident wanna be down there being rude to the chicas and not tipping the right amounts.

mikelodge
08-17-2010, 11:01 PM
Generally, but certainly not always, you're not only wasting your money but you're setting yourself up for future pricing issues. They will expect more $$$$ from you and so will all her friends and all the people that they tell. Gossip RULES in Sosua!

They expect t be paid as agreed and frankly think that you are wasteful, and therefore stupid, to pay more. Restaurants excepted...sometimes :D

Yah not for a plate of noodles that is supposed to be seafood pasta and you get Pulpo (octopuss) only in your spaghetti and slow service across from Classicos.

When you get a good meal and good service I always tip at a restaurant especially if it is not the owner or his novia since I know they pay the servers very little.

Sometimes at Andys for the cheap Hamburger and Fries for 120 peso that they used to at least have I would have 3-5 cheap 50 peso beers and leave a 100 peso tip at least everytime because what can the bartender/server (same person) get per day in wages-- no much.

JD426
08-17-2010, 11:10 PM
Chicas dont respect cash propinas as a sign of generosity, they think of it as a sign of weakness, or u just got it $$$ that way, as in you got more and may feel guilty about it ? Gifts are a different story, and thats what you may want to do, buy them little gifts. there are whole threads here on Gift bags.
I am still learning the hard way on every single trip , that cash tips do absol NOTHING to guarentee better performance next time around , and isnt that what u are after ??? or are u one to just give money away ? , if thats the case then give a dollar or 2 to one of the haitian kids, at least he will buy some food with it.
As you probably know by now, A lot of these young chicas have CHULOS and if you ever see them sitting together like at the 24 hour spot, with their Chulo dripping in Jewelry, and his flashy belt and clothes , it will CURE you of this TIPPING bullshit , real fast.
Pay the agreed amount, & maybe take her for a nice breakfast ( 200 pesos max?)

Apos
08-17-2010, 11:11 PM
It's a good/fair question and like you said, better for people to know.

It's normal much of the time to offer moto or taxi money to the chicas on their way out...like 15-50 pesos, and that's it! :D
thanks guys for the input. i just dident wanna be down there being rude to the chicas and not tipping the right amounts.

steviewonder
08-17-2010, 11:37 PM
Chicas dont respect cash propinas as a sign of generosity, they think of it as a sign of weakness, or u just got it $$$ that way, as in you got more and may feel guilty about it ? Gifts are a different story, and thats what you may want to do, buy them little gifts. there are whole threads here on Gift bags.
I am still learning the hard way on every single trip , that cash tips do absol NOTHING to guarentee better performance next time around , and isnt that what u are after ??? or are u one to just give money away ? , if thats the case then give a dollar or 2 to one of the haitian kids, at least he will buy some food with it.
As you probably know by now, A lot of these young chicas have CHULOS and if you ever see them sitting together like at the 24 hour spot, with their Chulo dripping in Jewelry, and his flashy belt and clothes , it will CURE you of this TIPPING bullshit , real fast.

JD, wish I could tip you with 1,000 thanks on your post. Fuck those lazy ass chulos!:finger: They're going to be the death of Sosua one day IMHO...

mikelodge
08-17-2010, 11:39 PM

Well said JD, that reminds me last year they were selling these silly things on the street that were like the size of a tennis ball, rubber with little tits or spikes on it and on a string and when you bounced or threw it then it glowed like in light sticks.

I bought several over several days and took one into Felina at LP and gave a couple to the girls at Andys bartending and they were a huge hit (novelty) for chump change. Since I bought them when I was sitting with the exowner of Andys and the manager there was no negotiation it was bottom line like maybe 50 pesos each.

Girls played for an hour with it like little kids. Best money I ever spent in Sosua.

The little things can make a difference and I still believe a relaxation pre TLN couple of decent drinks helps too after all why not share.

The Sage
08-17-2010, 11:52 PM
The price you negotiated upfront is the only price you need pay or are expected to pay. i rarely give a propina because as Apos said it simply results in an expectation of the same price if you choose to see her again. The few times I've given a propina involved a TLN that I got on the cheap then got a PSE performance, dishes washed, bed made, and she was in no rush to leave. Shit after all that i felt bad about low balling her and just had to give her another 500 pesos. Now if I'd have paid market price there's no way she was getting another peso out of me no matter what she did.

vewdew
08-18-2010, 12:11 AM
I agree with Sage, he got a good point.

hugrad95a
08-18-2010, 12:45 AM

If a dumb ass chica is giving a chulo, money and she is living in conditions described on this board then man she is the f'n fool.

mikelodge
08-18-2010, 12:53 AM
If a dumb ass chica is giving a chulo, money and she is living in conditions described on this board then man she is the f'n fool.

But you have to understand she does not know any better. It isn't her fault for being stupid or thinking he is her stud that is the culture she was brought up in and her childeren will be and so on. The chulo same thing taught the game by big brother same bull shit.

The only way to change it is Revolution and maybe Fidel and Rafael coming over and noone wants that. :lol:

Si_Poppi
08-18-2010, 01:40 AM
If you don't want to tip, don't tip.
Nothing wrong with that.

If you want to tip, tip.
Nothing wrong with that.

Some people like to tip and/or do gift bags and some people don't.
So what?

If you are haggling on the price with a freelancer then of course there is no need to tip, not that there ever is a need to tip.

For a place like La Passion where the prices are fixed and the chicas are only getting half or so of the fee, which is less than $20 for a massage and BJ, I am much more likely to tip for good service.
Although now that the chicas are no longer free to hang out and mingle before and after the session, I will probably be tipping less and going there much less.:icontd:

I will tip chicas that I like cash and presents just like I will buy them drinks and food.
So what?

Sometimes I get the feeling that some people who don't tip want to make those who do tip feel bad by telling them that they are raising the bar/expectations and that the chicas think they are idiots.
For the most part the chicas may not be highly educated but they are not necessarily delusional and stupid and they can appreciate an extra bonus for what it is.
Even if some are delusional and stupid and expect this all the time from everybody, so what?
They will quickly see reality again.

I remember someone claiming that if someone pays a chica 5000 pesos for a ST, then all of the chicas will expect this every time from everybody.
This is total bullshit.:rolleyes:

Si_Poppi
08-18-2010, 01:45 AM
I remember someone claiming that if someone pays a chica 5000 pesos for a ST, then all of the chicas will expect this every time from everybody.
This is total bullshit.:rolleyes:Actually it was a TLN, not ST. :mrgreen:

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?p=759387#post759387

JD426
08-18-2010, 02:20 AM
If you don't want to tip, don't tip.
Nothing wrong with that.

If you want to tip, tip.
Nothing wrong with that.

If you are haggling on the price with a freelancer then of course there is no need to tip, not that there ever is a need to tip.

For a place like La Passion where the prices are fixed and the chicas are only getting half or so of the fee, which is less than $20 for a massage and BJ, I am much more likely to tip for good service.
Although now that the chicas are no longer free to hang out and mingle before and after the session, I will probably be tipping less and going there much less.:icontd:

I will tip chicas that I like cash and presents just like I will buy them drinks and food.
So what?

Sometimes I get the feeling that some people who don't tip want to make those who do tip feel bad by telling them that they are raising the bar/expectations and that the chicas think they are idiots.
For the most part the chicas may not be highly educated but they are not necessarily delusional and stupid and they can appreciate an extra bonus for what it is.
Even if some are delusional and stupid and expect this all the time from everybody, so what?
They will quickly see reality again.

This is total bullshit
.:rolleyes:

I agree with everything except the highlighted ..

Those of us that USED to TIP and got absol nothing in return, have learned it does not work. Please dont bunch us together with the guys who never tipped just because they were always too cheap, no matter what the scenario.
Personally I dont care what you tip, but I am telling you it wont work to get u better performance , any more than sending WU $ will guarentee you she wont fuck the guy off the next Jet Blue flight.
Thats just a FACT.......Its irrelevant how you and I think or feel about it.

As to paying a negotiated agreed upon 5K pesos for a TLN ? , This is a completely different topic anway...
and maybe someone claimed it skews all the #s, but the rest of us know it has absolutely no effect. In fact it hurts the average Puta more than it does us, because the Ratio is ALWAYS in our favor.
She can hold out for 5K as long as she wants. She will probably go home with nothing, there are exceptions of course but those chicas are rare indeed.

So pay whatever you are comfortable with, but please dont tell the new guys that its OK to TIP , because they will get something out of it in the long run.. because they wont.. It will only slow down their learning curves.

Talis
08-18-2010, 02:29 AM
I tipped about half the time on my trip.. most of the time 500 and as low as 200. I also had a lot of gifts...I had a *much* funner time giving the gifts than any tip. They were much more (or at least pretented to be) grateful for the gifts.

I will not be tipping on my upcoming trip. I will be bringing a *lot* of gifts - enough to embarrass the poor bastards that are staying with me (sorry guys) but hopefully making the girls around the pool happy and getting their friends to want to come... Either way I get a kick watching their faces when I pull out a small gift and they start screeching in some unintelligible Spanish and begin making a grab for it... Like the previous post about the bouncing glowing balls I am concentrating on unique items along with the usual shirts, panties, bikinis, etc. Much better than tipping!

Peruchonyc
08-18-2010, 03:35 AM
I have never tipped on my 10 trips to sosua....neither have i given gift bags....but me and my friends had some great pool parties at the seabreeze...we bought beer/licor and food...the girls that a great time and we had a great time.....:)...they ate..they drank...and we ended up banging them........everytime I go down to the DR the girls remember me for our parties...and are very friendly.....:)

Jimmydr
08-18-2010, 06:04 AM
I agree with Sage, he got a good point.

Sage has many good points, read all his stuff and you may learn a few things.

Si_Poppi
08-18-2010, 11:13 AM
So pay whatever you are comfortable with, but please dont tell the new guys that its OK to TIP , because they will get something out of it in the long run.. because they wont.. It will only slow down their learning curves.I said it is okay to tip.
I didn't say it is a smart investment that will show a healthy return.

When I give a tip or present, it is a no strings attached show of appreciation and a gift to brighten up someone's day.
I don't do it with ulterior motives like hoping to get a freebie or having a reason for underpaying.

Yes they are putas but they are also human beings who can appreciate the simple pleasure of a little something extra that doesn't come with conditions and strings attached.

Apparently some people do save money with the gift bags plus they enjoy spreading some cheer.
If they are happy and the chicas are happy, good for them. :up:

DCIronman
08-19-2010, 08:12 AM
I'm still trying to following the twisted logic that a gift bag is somehow different than a cash tip in creating chica expectations.:confused:

Won't giving a chica gifts create expectations as well? Why is giving a chica a bag full of cheap dollar store gift seen as a better investment than tipping her an extra 100RD. Usually, at least for me, the cost comes out to about the same. I generally get the same service. And I don't have to carry all that shit in my luggage.:rofl:

I argue that chica gifts actually create more of an expectation than extra pesos because pesos have always been the standard. Actually had to drop a regular chica recently. Thing is, I'd been fucking this chica every trip for a couple of year. What can I say, she was fine and the toto was good. And I always gave her the going rate without any extra negotiation. Well, the last time I fucked her, she complained for the first time. Not about the money. As usual, she was happy with the pesos that I give her. No, she was complaining because, according to her, other girls receive nice gifts like perfume and lingerie from their regulars. I told her that I only give gifts to my girlfriend, and I took her home.

I saw her on my last trip in Feb, and she asked me why I wouldn't take her home. So I told her that she's gotten too expensive for me now that she expects both pesos and gifts. And I didn't think much about it after that. I mean, I knew that I could still have her for the same amount that I always pay her, sans gifts. I just can't allow her to think of me as someone that clueless.

But you guys who give gifts can keep it up for all I care. It's your business, and you really don't affect my toto. But make no mistake. Giving a chica gifts is no different than tipping. So I really don't understand all of the uproar.:confused:

Jonew1
08-19-2010, 10:35 AM
i was thinking the same thing as the above statement. rather its gifts your giving which actually sounds corny to me. or its pesos that your tipping it seems to be the same. either way it still cost money and those chicas know that.

Maretti
08-19-2010, 02:27 PM
...Yes they are putas but they are also human beings who can appreciate the simple pleasure of a little something extra that doesn't come with conditions and strings attached...
Then don't give it as a tip, add it to the price of service, at the end, the result would be the same but with the latter, her self-esteem might go up a little.
I see tips as a show of power, it's demeaning.

JD426
08-19-2010, 02:59 PM
i was thinking the same thing as the above statement. rather its gifts your giving which actually sounds corny to me. or its pesos that your tipping it seems to be the same. either way it still cost money and those chicas know that.

Its not the same, & by trip #10 u will see it completely differently.
U think I like schlepping 2 5# boxes of assorted chocolate bars and candy in my carry on for exercise ? I didnt even eat a single one of them eather. U put a smile on her Kids face, she wont forget you.
Its just one example.

chicmatic
08-19-2010, 03:07 PM
I tip when I feel it's merited. Simple as that.

Passport Playa
08-19-2010, 03:30 PM
Simply put: Don't strokes for different folks! That's the bottom line and end of story!

Dr. Bangkok

husl2001
08-19-2010, 03:55 PM
I'm still trying to following the twisted logic that a gift bag is somehow different than a cash tip in creating chica expectations.:confused:

I generally get the same service. And I don't have to carry all that shit in my luggage.:rofl:

And I didn't think much about it after that. I mean, I knew that I could still have her for the same amount that I always pay her, sans gifts. I just can't allow her to think of me as someone that clueless.

But you guys who give gifts can keep it up for all I care. It's your business, and you really don't affect my toto. But make no mistake. Giving a chica gifts is no different than tipping. So I really don't understand all of the uproar.:confused:

Couldn't have said it better. Look, people keep focusing on performance expectations like they're buying a bimmer, instead of paying a 20 y.o. chica who'd rather be screwing her chulo to go back to your room with you for cash & prizes. You make it memorable for both parties by actually being fun to be with, not by dangling some three dollar carrot at the end if they act right.

Trust, DCI gets his pick of the litter at his price, and it's not because of some bag o' goodies or a small tip. He's fair with the girls, fun to be around, and has taken the time to learn the lingo, culture, and does a mean bachata. They'll take that over a shmuck with an extra 100 pesos and a goodie bag all day.

gdogg
08-19-2010, 04:29 PM
Couldn't have said it better. Look, people keep focusing on performance expectations like they're buying a bimmer, instead of paying a 20 y.o. chica who'd rather be screwing her chulo to go back to your room with you for cash & prizes. You make it memorable for both parties by actually being fun to be with, not by dangling some three dollar carrot at the end if they act right.

Trust, DCI gets his pick of the litter at his price, and it's not because of some bag o' goodies or a small tip. He's fair with the girls, fun to be around, and has taken the time to learn the lingo, culture, and does a mean bachata. They'll take that over a shmuck with an extra 100 pesos and a goodie bag all day.

Some guys can't speak the language, can't dance, don't have the best personality, and are mildly funny looking. They do what they gotta do!
:lol:

I think gift bags have their appeal, but it depends on who you give them to. The hard core ones don't care, and I think they may be losing their appeal to the others because they're appearing more frequently and are beginning to be expected. The market may be near saturation.

I took three small bags down for New Years Eve, 2004. They each had a tiny stuffed bear, makeup, lipstick, and some candy in them. I split one amongst the chicas. Most were excited. I gave the other two to my non puta/semi puta amigas. It was like I gave them the best Christmas present they'd received in years (maybe it was). They're both tight with me when to this day (when I see them)...and the pesos the one I bone gets from me has always been minimal. But this comes from being able to talk to her in her language (with a few spanish lessons thrown in...great for chemistry), dance and sing to her music, and building rapport with her over a couple of trips before we hooked up. Of course, probably in the back of her mind, she was hoping I'd eventually take care of her (but that's another topic).

Gifts may not make a difference in performance, but the reaction you get from most of them is priceless. At least it used to be. Sorry for the stream of consciousness ramble.

KoKi9290
08-19-2010, 06:41 PM
To each their own but I don't see the point in a monetary tip at the end of the day. I buy nighties, panties and see thru blouses at Ross for Less,etc. $3-7 on the clearance rack. Amazing the nice shit you can find.

When we go back to the room, we have a drink and I tell them I have a regalito for them. Everybody likes a suprise gift. The deal is I get to take pix of them in their nightie or blouse. Even the shy ones get into it after they see the first sexy pic or two and I tell them I'll send the pix to their e-mail.

Almost always improves performance and helps the GFE/PSE. And creates a good relationship if you want to see them again b/c they know you'll treat them right.

Sometimes, they'll come back to me on another night and unilaterally lower the price as an enticement. And it's not cause they crave an ugly old gringo. Jimbo, one of our favoritas (the tall one) is to the point where it's almost free as long as I bring her something sexy.

And I endorse JD426's idea, small chocolates and cheap school supplies when they have ninos gets 'em everytime. They really appreciate it and you get bonus points when later they get to hand the gift to their kids.

Si_Poppi
08-19-2010, 07:22 PM
Then don't give it as a tip, add it to the price of service, at the end, the result would be the same but with the latter, her self-esteem might go up a little.
I see tips as a show of power, it's demeaning.A tip is a show of power and demeaning?

How did you come up with this?

This makes no sense to me. :veryconfused:

What's wrong with paying a fair price and anything on top of that is an added bonus/tip/present?
You think it is somehow better to negotiate a pay package that is xxx pesos, 1 panty, 1 lipstick, 1 lip gloss, etc...?
I would say it is demeaning to suggest that partial payment of services will be in trinkets. :rolleyes:

Jonew1
08-19-2010, 07:25 PM
me either

hugrad95a
08-19-2010, 07:34 PM

Won't giving a chica gifts create expectations as well? Why is giving a chica a bag full of cheap dollar store gift seen as a better investment than tipping her an extra 100RD. Usually, at least for me, the cost comes out to about the same. I generally get the same service. And I don't have to carry all that shit in my luggage.:rofl:

I argue that chica gifts actually create more of an expectation than extra pesos because pesos have always been the standard. Actually had to drop a regular chica recently. Thing is, I'd been fucking this chica every trip for a couple of year. What can I say, she was fine and the toto was good. And I always gave her the going rate without any extra negotiation. Well, the last time I fucked her, she complained for the first time. Not about the money. As usual, she was happy with the pesos that I give her. No, she was complaining because, according to her, other girls receive nice gifts like perfume and lingerie from their regulars. I told her that I only give gifts to my girlfriend, and I took her home.

I saw her on my last trip in Feb, and she asked me why I wouldn't take her home. So I told her that she's gotten too expensive for me now that she expects both pesos and gifts. And I didn't think much about it after that. I mean, I knew that I could still have her for the same amount that I always pay her, sans gifts. I just can't allow her to think of me as someone that clueless.

Actually it did effect your toto cause you dropped your normal chick because she complained about what other chica's were getting. Indirectly what the other dudes were doing caused you to drop her. So it does have a trickle down effect.

hugrad95a
08-19-2010, 07:40 PM
This topic is funny cause I just got a text yesterday from a chica who I only f'd with once but she seemed to be really attached requesting a bottle of perfume. Granted it was cheap perfume here so I wasnt tripping. But I told her the toto is gratis for me

DCIronman
08-19-2010, 07:49 PM
I would say it is demeaning to suggest that partial payment of services will be in trinkets. :rolleyes:

Paying the natives with glass beads. An old trick Poppi.;)

DMV
08-19-2010, 09:30 PM
This topic is funny cause I just got a text yesterday from a chica who I only f'd with once but she seemed to be really attached requesting a bottle of perfume. Granted it was cheap perfume here so I wasnt tripping. But I told her the toto is gratis for me

The toto is always free, but the crack cost money

Maretti
08-19-2010, 09:37 PM
A tip is a show of power and demeaning?

How did you come up with this?

This makes no sense to me. :veryconfused:

What's wrong with paying a fair price and anything on top of that is an added bonus/tip/present?
You think it is somehow better to negotiate a pay package that is xxx pesos, 1 panty, 1 lipstick, 1 lip gloss, etc...?
Well, what do you want me to say? That's the way I feel about the matter. It might not make sense to you but I give you a hint: it has to do with pride.

The way I see it, you must pay a fair price and I must provide my best service (of course, we're not talking about sex here). Do you feel that I did a good job? A sincere thank you and your recommendation is good enough. Don't tip me, I might have more money than you!

As for your last statement, I don't know where you got the idea that I condone that, but no, I'm not a gift giving kind of guy. I treat women right and pay them accordingly.

Si_Poppi
08-19-2010, 10:21 PM
Well, what do you want me to say? That's the way I feel about the matter. It might not make sense to you but I give you a hint: it has to do with pride.

The way I see it, you must pay a fair price and I must provide my best service (of course, we're not talking about sex here). Do you feel that I did a good job? A sincere thank you and your recommendation is good enough. Don't tip me, I might have more money than you!

As for your last statement, I don't know where you got the idea that I condone that, but no, I'm not a gift giving kind of guy. I treat women right and pay them accordingly.There are situations when tips are appropriate and there are times when they are not.
Some people don't even tip the waitress or bartender but most people do.

Some people tip hookers.
So what?
It has nothing to do with a show of power and demeaning.

The last part was based on you stating that it would be somehow better to lump everything together into a pay package rather than giving a tip or present.

I see tips as a show of power, it's demeaning.

Maretti
08-20-2010, 01:16 AM
There are situations when tips are appropriate and there are times when they are not.
Some people don't even tip the waitress or bartender but most people do.

Some people tip hookers.
So what?
It has nothing to do with a show of power and demeaning.

The last part was based on you stating that it would be somehow better to lump everything together into a pay package rather than giving a tip or present.
Si_Poppi, tipping is an American thing, we don't do that in Latin America, but you people come to our countries and change our ways, now they expect it from everybody. I'm not telling you not to do it, I'm just giving you a view from the other side. I don't like handouts, that goes against my self-esteem. It's like after you eat the meat, you throw the bone to the dog and even enjoy watching him trying to get something out of it. When in Rome...

Si_Poppi
08-20-2010, 09:40 AM
Si_Poppi, tipping is an American thing, we don't do that in Latin America, but you people come to our countries and change our ways, now they expect it from everybody. I'm not telling you not to do it, I'm just giving you a view from the other side. I don't like handouts, that goes against my self-esteem. It's like after you eat the meat, you throw the bone to the dog and even enjoy watching him trying to get something out of it. When in Rome...I have often heard people claim that they don't tip in the DR because Dominicans don't tip (when in Rome ....) but I have come to learn that this is bullshit.
Now tipping putas is not the same as tipping a waitress but if the customer is fine with it and the service provider is fine with it, good for them.
Giving someone a present as a show of appreciation or to simply put a smile on their face and spread some cheer and make their day is never a bad thing, puta or not.
If you don't do it, good for you.
If others do it, good for them.
They don't call you a cheap cunt and they don't deserve to be judged as demeaning power-tripping assholes.
To each his own.

Jimmydr
08-20-2010, 11:07 AM
I have often heard people claim that they don't tip in the DR because Dominicans don't tip (when in Rome ....) but I have come to learn that this is bullshit.
Now tipping putas is not the same as tipping a waitress but if the customer is fine with it and the service provider is fine with it, good for them.
Giving someone a present as a show of appreciation or to simply put a smile on their face and spread some cheer and make their day is never a bad thing, puta or not.
If you don't do it, good for you.
If others do it, good for them.
They don't call you a cheap cunt and they don't deserve to be judged as demeaning power-tripping assholes.
To each his own.

I had some bad service at a restaurant in Ny a few years ago and left nothing. The waiter came running after me and I told him that he sucked and should get fired.

continentalmike
08-20-2010, 02:02 PM
Si_Poppi, tipping is an American thing, we don't do that in Latin America, but you people come to our countries and change our ways, now they expect it from everybody. I'm not telling you not to do it, I'm just giving you a view from the other side. I don't like handouts, that goes against my self-esteem. It's like after you eat the meat, you throw the bone to the dog and even enjoy watching him trying to get something out of it. When in Rome...

This is exactly right.... spot on from an older Cuban gent if I'm not mistaken..

DCIronman
08-20-2010, 03:43 PM
This is exactly right.... spot on from an older Cuban gent if I'm not mistaken..

Well, this may be true in Cuba. But it is, most certainly, not true in the Dominican Republic. Eat in just about any decent restaurant in the DR where you are served by wait staff, and you're likely to pay a tip whether you want to or not. Because it will probably be automatically added to your bill. This is where most Americans get confused. Most aren't used to this being automatically added, and tip even further. Which is why we're often accused of overtipping.

Tipping is hardly an "American thing". Though the exact decorum may differ between countries, tipping is acceptable pretty much anywhere there is a service based industry. Including the DR.

Very telling that you normally hear this "cultural faux pas" reasoning from guys who don't want to tip. If you don't want to tip, then don't. No need to come up with dubious rationalizations.

gdogg
08-20-2010, 04:01 PM
Was gonna post the whole wiki thread, but that would've been dumb:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tip_%28gratuity%29

sonrisa
08-20-2010, 04:11 PM
Well, this may be true in Cuba. But it is, most certainly, not true in the Dominican Republic. Eat in just about any decent restaurant in the DR where you are served by wait staff, and you're likely to pay a tip whether you want to or not. Because it will probably be automatically added to your bill. This is where most Americans get confused. Most aren't used to this being automatically added, and tip even further. Which is why we're often accused of overtipping.

Tipping is hardly an "American thing". Though the exact decorum may differ between countries, tipping is acceptable pretty much anywhere there is a service based industry. Including the DR.

Very telling that you normally hear this "cultural fopa" reasoning from guys who don't want to tip. If you don't want to tip, then don't. No need to come up with dubious rationalizations.

If I am correct, the tip (servicio) added to the bill is 10%. This is true in other countries such as Costa Rica. If the service is included and was decent enough service, I usually take a look at the amount, divide it by half and leave that much extra. That brings the total to 15%, an extra 5%. Personally, I don't think this ruins anything for anyone. It is a little extra, but not so much to make problems for the locals or others who choose not to add a little. Also, it allows me not to leave anything extra if the service was "so-so". I won't leave an extra 15% . . . unless I'm trying to hit on the waitress!

continentalmike
08-20-2010, 04:12 PM
Eat in just about any decent restaurant in the DR where you are served by wait staff, and you're likely to pay a tip whether you want to or not. Because it will probably be automatically added to your bill..

Which is my reason exactly not to tip if it's included in the bill...

As to the rest of your post (not quoted) lets just agree to disagree here

JD426
08-20-2010, 04:17 PM

As to the rest of your post (not quoted) lets just agree to disagree here
And I suspect MANY of the restaurants who have this tip already added & padded into the bill , probably also have the WORST service..
La Roca comes to mind immediately, oh wait they are out of business. Gee I Wonder why ?

Maretti
08-20-2010, 04:24 PM

Thanks Gdogg, that's great information. Thanks to you, now we know that (somehow) everybody is right!

Si_Poppi, did you notice where it says "giving a tip is not expected and offering one would be considered at best odd and at worst condescending or demeaning".

Man, my mom is right, the way I deal with money, I inherited it from my Asian ancestor.

By the way, when it comes to tipping, I favor when it's "added to the bill", I'd say it's less demeaning.

DCIronman
08-20-2010, 04:44 PM

Great info. If I'm ever in an asian country, I now know that my Americanized tipping habits must be kept in check. But other than Asia, the wiki post doesn't mention any other country where tipping is unacceptable. Maybe not mandatory or customary. But hardly unacceptable.

And I tell you what, try going into a nice restaurant in Santiago, and refusing to pay the "servicio" added to the check. You're likely to go out just like Wau Papi.

DMV
08-20-2010, 04:51 PM
Great info. If I'm ever in an asian country, I now know that my Americanized tipping habits must be kept in check. But other than Asia, the wiki post doesn't mention any other country where tipping is unacceptable. Maybe not mandatory or customary. But hardly unacceptable.

And I tell you what, try going into a nice restaurant in Santiago, and refusing to pay the "servicio" added to the check. You're likely to go out just like Wau Papi.

Ohhhhh:eek::eek::eek::eek:

DMV
08-20-2010, 04:58 PM

Ok I'm one of those Americans, so guys help me out.
When you receive your bill there is a 16% tax which I understand, but there is also a 10% service tax which I'm still confused on.

Is this 10% the tip? I've been told it is but it goes to the restaurant not the waiter/waitress. The owner pays them out of this.
I've been told to leave something extra if the service was good.

Please advised I don't want to over or under tip

DCIronman
08-20-2010, 05:00 PM

But when you pay a bill with a servicio included, you are tipping. You're just not given a choice of how much to tip.

Si_Poppi
08-20-2010, 05:02 PM
Si_Poppi, did you notice where it says "giving a tip is not expected and offering one would be considered at best odd and at worst condescending or demeaning".That wasn't a blanket statement.

Why did you leave out this part right before that?

in some circumstances failing to give an adequate tip when one is expected is a serious faux pas (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faux_pas), and may be considered very miserly, a violation of etiquette (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Etiquette), or unethical

As for the 10% service fee charged in the DR, this is not a tip.
This is a fee that is split by every employee including the waitress, cook, bus boy, bartender, dishwasher, hostess, etc......
I might tip less if a place adds this fee but I'm not going to wrongly assume that my waitress is already getting a 10% tip.

Apos
08-20-2010, 05:04 PM
We've been down this road before...and it got into an ugly bunch of arguments but the general take on the law is that:

This 10% is a tip pool for all the staff to share. Not really at all like a normal tip for good service. The 10% is to be added to the pay for the employees and is more like a tax than a tip IMO. It must by law be paid to the employees and not kept by the employer. The majority of it does NOT go to the server.

Bottom line is if you think the server deserves a tip then tip them and if not, don't. In restaurants where the 10% is added to the bill many people still tip 10% or more as the majority of the mandated 10% does not go to the server.

Do you! :D

Maretti
08-20-2010, 05:24 PM
That wasn't a blanket statement.

Why did you leave out this part right before that?

in some circumstances failing to give an adequate tip when one is expected is a serious faux pas (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faux_pas), and may be considered very miserly, a violation of etiquette (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Etiquette), or unethical

As for the 10% service fee charged in the DR, this is not a tip.
This is a fee that is split by every employee including the waitress, cook, bus boy, bartender, dishwasher, hostess, etc......
I might tip less if a place adds this fee but I'm not going to wrongly assume that my waitress is already getting a 10% tip.
Si_Poppi, you are a "cabeza dura". I highlighted my part in blue but you had to make it "bigger". Man, take it easy or you won't have enough time to "tip your fortune away". :biggrin:

Ok, you win. By the way, I'm Americanized already so I tip! :wink:

DCIronman
08-20-2010, 05:41 PM
We've been down this road before...and it got into an ugly bunch of arguments but the general take on the law is that:

This 10% is a tip pool for all the staff to share. Not really at all like a normal tip for good service. The 10% is to be added to the pay for the employees and is more like a tax than a tip IMO. It must by law be paid to the employees and not kept by the employer. The majority of it does NOT go to the server.

Bottom line is if you think the server deserves a tip then tip them and if not, don't. In restaurants where the 10% is added to the bill many people still tip 10% or more as the majority of the mandated 10% does not go to the server.

Do you! :D

Thanks for this clarification. Wow. 10% isn't a lot to have to share with the entire freaking restaurant staff. Didn't know this, but I always have tipped on top of the servicio regardless.

Of course, none of this applies to tipping chicas. But we could debate that forever and never agree upon whether it impacts the overall scene.

gdogg
08-20-2010, 05:54 PM
Thanks for this clarification. Wow. 10% isn't a lot to have to share with the entire freaking restaurant staff. Didn't know this, but I always have tipped on top of the servicio regardless.

Of course, none of this applies to tipping chicas. But we could debate that forever and never agree upon whether it impacts the overall scene.

That's my point!! Tipping a waitress is logical, but the terms "tipping" and "puta" makes me go :confused: every time I see it written.

Apos
08-20-2010, 06:00 PM
"everything counts in large amounts" :wink:

gdogg
08-20-2010, 06:04 PM

Depeche Mode!
:wink:

Apos
08-20-2010, 11:27 PM
And I suspect MANY of the restaurants who have this tip already added & padded into the bill , probably also have the WORST service..
La Roca comes to mind immediately, oh wait they are out of business. Gee I Wonder why ?
I believe they recently reopened. I guess it really was "closed for renovation"! ":D

The Sage
08-21-2010, 12:39 AM
As I understand it that 10% surcharge is there to cover a dominican labor law requirement that commits restaurant owners to share 10% of the gross receipts with their employees. Some restaurants choose to set prices to cover this obligation. Others add the charge to the bill. Depending on the establishment the entire 10% might go to kitchen help with the waiter's/waitresses/bartenders only collecting the tips left by the patrons. Since I know the charge is somewhere in the cost I'll typically leave another 5% to 10% if the server was attentive to my needs as in doing what they are paid to do. If not, I will leave at best the coins I may have received as change.

I tip bar tenders based on how they pour my drinks. I have a few that I tip very well. The girls at Latinos always take care of me. Classicos is another story all together. It's rare that anyone there earns a tip. The way they pour drinks you would think they are either part owners or there's a camera overhead recording all their moves. It's criminal that they charge 500 pesos for a shot of Patron then barely pour one once.

continentalmike
08-21-2010, 10:39 AM

great quote for my next facial moment :)

Jimmydr
08-21-2010, 11:49 AM
great quote for my next facial moment :)

You are getting so out of contol!!!

DCIronman
08-21-2010, 04:06 PM

This isn't true across the board. For instance, like it has been mentioned on this board, Barbie/Wendy/Luisa/Chanel is now charging mongers 2000RD for ST. And in fact, a few on this board have admitted to paying her that much, citing her much vaunted head skills. Well, I assure you that I could have her for less (I just don't want her). Cause I know that puta from back when. She didn't gain those skills in a vacuum. She's been sucking dick like that for a while.

One of my boys kept her for 5 entire days, at about $50 a day. And anyone who knows better can still have her at those prices. Even though she's at the NG getting 2000RD for ST from the new and clueless. The experienced monger can have her for less.

Some of us aren't affected by the rest.;)

The Sage
08-21-2010, 04:32 PM
On a trip maybe six years ago my buddy picked up Luisa when she was working the Long Beach bars across from Crystals. She was just a little bit more than a kid and brand new to the game. Barely 18 with a "nasty" bod. Not much fat on her. Hair was a mess of blond extensions. Very confident for someone so young. My friend kept her 5 days. About a year later I hooked up with her. She had upped her game quite a bit from the early days. Had a great time in the sack with her. Quite the expert even back then. i watched her deteriorate over the years. During the end of her stay at BBs she had morphed into a fat caricature of the sex goddess she once was. She was smaller when I saw her a couple of months ago. Looking better, but still someways past her expiration date.

Jimmydr
08-21-2010, 04:35 PM
On a trip maybe six years ago my buddy picked up Luisa when she was working the Long Beach bars across from Crystals. She was just a little bit more than a kid and brand new to the game. Barely 18 with a "nasty" bod. Not much fat on her. Hair was a mess of blond extensions. Very confident for someone so young. My friend kept her 5 days. About a year later I hooked up with her. She had upped her game quite a bit from the early days. Had a great time in the sack with her. Quite the expert even back then. i watched her deteriorate over the years. During the end of her stay at BBs she had morphed into a fat caricature of the sex goddess she once was. She was smaller when I saw her a couple of months ago. Looking better, but still way pass her expiration date.

That was a very cool place to go, long gone.

DCIronman
08-21-2010, 04:42 PM
On a trip maybe six years ago my buddy picked up Luisa when she was working the Long Beach bars across from Crystals. She was just a little bit more than a kid and brand new to the game. Barely 18 with a "nasty" bod. Not much fat on her. Hair was a mess of blond extensions. Very confident for someone so young. My friend kept her 5 days. About a year later I hooked up with her. She had upped her game quite a bit from the early days. Had a great time in the sack with her. Quite the expert even back then. i watched her deteriorate over the years. During the end of her stay at BBs she had morphed into a fat caricature of the sex goddess she once was. She was smaller when I saw her a couple of months ago. Looking better, but still someways past her expiration date.

But if you wanted her, I've no doubt that you could have her for less than what she's charging guys at the NG. And that's my point.;)

gdogg
08-21-2010, 04:59 PM
I've posted a couple of 2004 pics of her recently. We all knew her then. A very intelligent chica. I knew she'd do well in the game. She's lived a long time with money, and I guess she ain't going back. Gaining weight and getting away with charging 2000 pesos for ST? That's really impressive!! Don't know what else to say about anyone who'd pay that though.

JD426
08-21-2010, 05:14 PM
Barbie is past her expiration date.
and the way some of the other Putas follow her around like she is the queen Bee, not good. I have turned her down so many times now, she can't quite figure me out at all, and she watches the chicas I pick with big tetas, so she knows I would enjoy a session with her, but I deliberately WONT. She has to come to ME now, at My price, I want to see if shes smart enough to figure it out. And I dont say anything bad about her , but I go out of my way to say GOOD things to the new guys about the other girls who I have sessioned with, and she sees it.
No way I will ever let a Puta have the upper negotiating hand.
Let the suckers pay her the 2 mil.. she is seriously fucking up the prices at the NG.

The Sage
08-21-2010, 05:16 PM
But if you wanted her, I've no doubt that you could have her for less than what she's charging guys at the NG. And that's my point.;)

If I "really wanted" her I might pay 2,500 ST. Not because of who she is. I'd pay because some part of my body convinced me she was worth it. Thank goodness I've only had that problem once in 8 years. She obviously appeals to the guys that are paying the 2K. At least she has a great skill set and those crazy big tits. To be honest when I look at some of the chicks at the NG guys are paying 1,000 to 1,500 I'd have to say Luisa is priced competitively. Now to answer your question directly. If she's getting 2K on a regular basis she probably wouldn't accept my offer of 1,500 unless I caught her off-site in need of gas money for that Altima of hers or at last call at Classicos.

gdogg
08-21-2010, 05:22 PM
Now to answer your question directly. If she's getting 2K on a regular basis she probably wouldn't accept my offer of 1,500 unless I caught her off-site in need of gas money for that Altima of hers or at last call at Classicos.

She's taking less. If she digs you, she'll do it. And what chica don't likey the Sage.

The Sage
08-21-2010, 05:24 PM
She's taking less. If she digs you, she'll do it. And what chica don't likey the Sage.

Gdogg, you know Luisa was always a tough negotiator. If you didn't have leverage on her ass she wouldn't budge off her price. The good thing was back in the day (don't know how she performs now) you did get your money's worth.

gdogg
08-21-2010, 05:27 PM
Gdogg, you know Luisa was always a tough negotiator. If you didn't have leverage on her ass she wouldn't budge off her price.

True, she a tough cookie (who could also get nutty on occasion), but I think you could pull it off. Most of the guys she's getting the 2k from are easy marks. They probably couldn't hold a conversation with her.

JD426
08-21-2010, 05:32 PM
She has already offered it up for 1500 , thats not the problem She needs to come down to 1Mil , 1500 is for 2 horas , dos leche, which she wont do. someone correct me if im wrong.
She has corrupted the new chicas into asking for 1500 whereas before they were VERY happy with 1 Mil, in fact they would do 500 peso BJs.

The Sage
08-21-2010, 06:58 PM
I was thinking about this discussion when I realized something. Regardless of what I paid I would not share the price with the vast majority of you guys. Here's how and why I developed that philosophy;

Why I don't share price paid information with acquaintances or people I meet over the internet.

I had known Maria for a year and a half courtesy of her sister who had introduced me to her soon after she turned 18. During this time we had become pretty close. We did not have or to pretend to have a romantic relationship. Fuck buddies describes us. Maria stood 5'6" and weighed about 135 lbs. She was built like a brick house with 36D breasts and a great ass. She had natural curly long hair she wore blonde, green eyes, and light copper skin. Baby was fine. She lived in POP. Every time I was in town we hooked up for a session or two. Occasionally she would bring friends up to join us in bed for discount happy hours. Over the course of our relationship her regalo per session had dropped to 1,000 pesos. For me it was perfect. That is until I fucked it up.

She and I had a mutual friend whose villa I would stay at when I was in town. One trip there's another guy there from England on an extended stay. My friend introduces me to this fellow who I will refer to as Joe. We, the guys, all go out drinking on a couple of occasions. One day Maria is over with a friend paying me a visit. When she leaves Joe and my friend are sitting in the dining room area of the villa. Joe says hi to Maria and gives her a peck on the cheek. If I had not been distracted by the aftermath of the big nut I had just had I would have picked up on this. Unfortunately I did not. So the girls make their exit. Leaving us guys alone. We strike up a Sosua conversation. Yeah we start talking about hoes. A couple of cuba libres later out of the blue Joe asks me "How much do you pay Maria?". I have got a little buzz. Feeling full of myself I respond "You wouldn't believe me if I told you". He keeps digging "No I really want to know". Throwing all caution aside I boastfully proclaim "Anywhere from 1,000 to 1,500 pesos". He then says something like "You're a lucky man". End of inquiry. We move on to other things. Stupid me failed to pick up on what had just happened.

Two days later Joe and my mutual friend tells me "Maria is really pissed at you". I go "Why?". "Because of what you told Joe a couple of days ago". Two days have elapsed in partyville I have no idea what I had said to Joe. "Okay just tell me what happened." Turns out Joe was a customer of Maria's. He had been paying her 3,000 pesos for ST. When it had come time to pay her after their last session Joe and given her just 2,000 pesos. When she asked why he responded "Why should I pay you 3,000 when The Sage is only paying you 1,500?". Damn had I fucked up. This happened 4 years ago. Though I have seen Maria from time to time in POP she has been completely standoffish since I blew her cover to one of her best paying customers. Since then I share information regarding price paid to a specific chica to only my best friends and even they get an approximate not actual amount.

Here's a partial picture. i think this will give you a general idea of what I'm talking about.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a58/jazzy1070/myheart.jpg

Jonew1
08-21-2010, 10:08 PM
good post and great info thanks and thanks again

JD426
08-21-2010, 10:33 PM
Flawless Skin, dimples, man she looks fine....

Bhutto,BhuttoGolly
08-22-2010, 12:42 AM
Yeah, you screwed the pooch on that one! Sorry

I was thinking about this discussion when I realized something. Regardless of what I paid I would not share the price with the vast majority of you guys. Here's how and why I developed that philosophy;

Why I don't share price paid information with acquaintances or people I meet over the internet.

I had known Maria for a year and a half courtesy of her sister who had introduced me to her soon after she turned 18. During this time we had become pretty close. We did not have or to pretend to have a romantic relationship. Fuck buddies describes us. Maria stood 5'6" and weighed about 135 lbs. She was built like a brick house with 36D breasts and a great ass. She had natural curly long hair she wore blonde, green eyes, and light copper skin. Baby was fine. She lived in POP. Every time I was in town we hooked up for a session or two. Occasionally she would bring friends up to join us in bed for discount happy hours. Over the course of our relationship her regalo per session had dropped to 1,000 pesos. For me it was perfect. That is until I fucked it up.

She and I had a mutual friend whose villa I would stay at when I was in town. One trip there's another guy there from England on an extended stay. My friend introduces me to this fellow who I will refer to as Joe. We, the guys, all go out drinking on a couple of occasions. One day Maria is over with a friend paying me a visit. When she leaves Joe and my friend are sitting in the dining room area of the villa. Joe says hi to Maria and gives her a peck on the cheek. If I had not been distracted by the aftermath of the big nut I had just had I would have picked up on this. Unfortunately I did not. So the girls make their exit. Leaving us guys alone. We strike up a Sosua conversation. Yeah we start talking about hoes. A couple of cuba libres later out of the blue Joe asks me "How much do you pay Maria?". I have got a little buzz. Feeling full of myself I respond "You wouldn't believe me if I told you". He keeps digging "No I really want to know". Throwing all caution aside I boastfully proclaim "Anywhere from 1,000 to 1,500 pesos". He then says something like "You're a lucky man". End of inquiry. We move on to other things. Stupid me failed to pick up on what had just happened.

Two days later Joe and my mutual friend tells me "Maria is really pissed at you". I go "Why?". "Because of what you told Joe a couple of days ago". Two days have elapsed in partyville I have no idea what I had said to Joe. "Okay just tell me what happened." Turns out Joe was a customer of Maria's. He had been paying her 3,000 pesos for ST. When it had come time to pay her after their last session Joe and given her just 2,000 pesos. When she asked why he responded "Why should I pay you 3,000 when The Sage is only paying you 1,500?". Damn had I fucked up. This happened 4 years ago. Though I have seen Maria from time to time in POP she has been completely standoffish since I blew her cover to one of her best paying customers. Since then I share information regarding price paid to a specific chica to only my best friends and even they get an approximate not actual amount.

Here's a partial picture. i think this will give you a general idea of what I'm talking about.

Click to see pic (http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a58/jazzy1070/myheart.jpg)