PDA

View Full Version : Malecon Restaurant

DominicanBilly
08-23-2010, 04:26 AM
Opened on Thursday 19th of August, 2010. We have a full menu with my breakfast available all day. Wanda will cook a Dominican “plate of the day” but the menu is geared to the “gringos” who live or vacation in the Puerto Plata area.

The snowbirds and north Americans on vacation in the area will find the menu a pleasant change, good food at reasonable prices.

And the drinks on the Malecon are always a bargain.

Love to see some of my old clients from the Sand Trap Inn and the Field of Dreams Inn drop by and say hello if nothing else.
William (DominicanBilly) Lane.

MrHappy
08-23-2010, 07:22 AM
If you start offering Biscuits and gravy for breakfast like Denny's, I'll have to drive up from SD just to try it!

All day breakfast is going to do well, I predict...

getrhythm
08-23-2010, 10:51 AM
Just dropped by two nights ago and met Billy. The "plato del dia" was excellent and a great bargain. Highly recommended.

hugrad95a
08-23-2010, 04:24 PM
Thanks for the info

mikelodge
08-24-2010, 08:14 PM
Thanks Billy I will stop by and try that before Cristals for energy.

MrHappy
08-25-2010, 09:20 AM
Hey Billy, are you going to have "Checo" bacon? We can't get that here in SD.

That stuff is great. Big thick slabs!

weyland
08-25-2010, 09:29 AM
Hey Billy, are you going to have "Checo" bacon? We can't get that here in SD. That stuff is great. Big thick slabs!
These casita bars are tiny (just one quarter of the whole building which is in itself not bigger than a small hut) so there is a limit to what Billy can store and offer, as keeping the food fresh with steady turnover must be the priority. But for light meals there is a good variety at very competitive prices. The plato del día is a steal at 70 pesos.

And Rottweiler Wanda greets each and every customer with a song and dance routine comprising hits from Broadway musicals.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/65684c75192693a5f.jpg

MrHappy
08-25-2010, 10:14 AM
These casita bars are tiny (just one quarter of the whole building which is in itself not bigger than a small hut) so there is a limit to what Billy can store and offer, as keeping the food fresh with steady turnover must be the priority. But for light meals there is a good variety at very competitive prices. The plato del día is a steal at 70 pesos.

And Rottweiler Wanda greets each and every customer with a song and dance routine comprising hits from Broadway musicals.

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/65684c75192693a5f.jpg)

I'm sure his breakfast is going to include bacon. Checo brand bacon is very common in PP. The only problem with it is that because the slices are thick, he'd probably have to charge more.

It also takes a little longer to cook. But man, is it good!!!

gdogg
08-25-2010, 10:16 AM

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/65684c75192693a5f.jpg)

Looks like something straight out of "West Side Story". A meal AND a show for 70 pesos? Can't beat that!!
:)

DCIronman
08-25-2010, 04:20 PM
I'll be there on my very next trip. :)

JD426
08-25-2010, 05:48 PM
Will definitely take a ride up just to check this out and to say hello. Thats a promise.