PDA

View Full Version : vip in classico

thedistinguishgentlemen
08-23-2010, 08:11 PM
whats good board, i finally planned my long awaited trip to Sousa,wanted to know if you fellows can help me out with the vip prices at classico what is the price and what comes with the purchase. also im looking for a hotel or a 1 bedroom apartment close to everything,,, i was told i cant go wrong with new garden, but are there any better options,also what are the high price chicas going rates ( im trying to bang the best sosua have to offer) i well be making my trip in October 23-27

Jonew1
08-23-2010, 08:16 PM
i dont mean to be rude and sound like im trying to knock your thread, but seriously bro.. i cant see any reason what soever to need to be vip in classicos.... unless you just want the status. the hoes are going to be just as abundant if you found a spot in the corner to stand up... im not kidding. i hear alot about new garden as well. but every time i walked by that place there wasent shit going on around the pool and bar like i always see in the videos and read about. i even went in to have a few beers, wasent shit going on. there are lots of places to stay in sosua. if you have any questions you cant get answerd feel free to message me and i will do my best.

givengo440
08-23-2010, 08:19 PM
i dont mean to be rude and sound like im trying to knock your thread, but seriously bro.. i cant see any reason what soever to need to be vip in classicos.... unless you just want the status. the hoes are going to be just as abundant if you found a spot in the corner to stand up... im not kidding.If you are going with a group of people VIP is cool just get there kinda early and tell the security what you want slide him something light and your in check the stewfest pics

Jonew1
08-23-2010, 08:22 PM
If you are going with a group of people VIP is cool just get there kinda early and tell the security what you want slide him something light and your in check the stewfest pics

if im not mistaken vip is the two of the booths that are in front of the bar up in the disco. and there are two other booths in the same area that arent vip. and you sit right next to them. unless there is some other hidden agenda that goes along with paying for vip i cant see why anyone would want it.

hugrad95a
08-23-2010, 08:52 PM
As someone with a little DR experience I would say you are good with New Garden or Terra Linda as your best walking distance stays close to the strip. There are other great options that might be a little of a walk or a quick motoconcho.

Man if you want to do a VIP in club its your vacation have fun. My homies came back from the DR a few weeks ago had a couple of chicas and hungout in VIP. They bought two bottles which was like two hours in VIP. I dont remember to price but it might have been about a hundred or two hundred in total. They had that chick Big Mama set it up.

TNT72
08-23-2010, 09:04 PM
if im not mistaken vip is the two of the booths that are in front of the bar up in the disco. and there are two other booths in the same area that arent vip. and you sit right next to them. unless there is some other hidden agenda that goes along with paying for vip i cant see why anyone would want it.

Your mistaken.

Naptime and I had an awesome time in VIP at Latino's. It doesn't cost anything, just have to buy drinks. And all kinds of crazy shit happened when we were in there!!

Jonew1
08-23-2010, 09:11 PM
Your mistaken.

Naptime and I had an awesome time in VIP at Latino's. It doesn't cost anything, just have to buy drinks. And all kinds of crazy shit happened when we were in there!!

i stand corrected

TNT72
08-23-2010, 09:17 PM
When your looking at that bar from the entrance, the VIP is to the left, in the corner. If nobody is in there, they leave the curtain closed. You wouldn't know it was there.

BigLongBeach
08-23-2010, 09:17 PM
If you are going to do VIP buy local booze and nothing import. Bottle of brugal 1000pesos with soda and ice. Grey goose 4000pesos.

I like getting booths and bottles. I dont get bumped by everyone walking around, I dont have to wait to get a drink, and i got a place to sit and try to cool off after some dancing to Aventura, and Omega all night.

In Classicos i recommend it if you plan on drinking. Buy a bottle for 1k dop and you get a booth. No matter if you are just 2 guys i recommend it.

i like doing it with a big group at merengue because you get that whole section and your bringing in girls left and right.

If you are gonna pop bottles and do VIP do it with local booze dont waste your money on grey goose.

GrandePadre
08-23-2010, 09:18 PM
Your mistaken.

Is there a trip report. I would be interested in hearing about it!

I was also looking into doing this one night. how much for the whole night? Me and a buddy wanted to get VIP for one night. I wanted to get a bottle of patron and see what happens!

TNT72
08-23-2010, 09:20 PM
We're both working on it. We haven't gotten that far in our report yet. It was fucking insane!!!!! There wasn't that many people in Latino's. Not like Classico's, but I think we had even more fun!

If you wanna do a night in VIP, I'd say do it! You get treated awesome. And it doesn't cost nearly as much as it does here in the State's.

voltage69
08-23-2010, 09:25 PM
dont go crazy with what you pay the girls no matter what they look like. start low and work up.. dont start high.

TONYTNT40
08-23-2010, 09:30 PM
Man if you want to do a VIP in club its your vacation have fun. My homies came back from the DR a few weeks ago had a couple of chicas and hungout in VIP. They bought two bottles which was like two hours in VIP. I dont remember to price but it might have been about a hundred or two hundred in total. They had that chick Big Mama set it up.

I know Big Momma, she usually set up Vip for us also. We normally use vip ,to throw a birthday party. Its 150us, and that includes a bottle,and we normaly order Grey Goose.

bklyndrguy
08-23-2010, 09:59 PM
just my point of view back in the days i use to take out the VIP alot till i decide its a wate of money all the girls come in and before u know it its nothing to drink the last time i had the VIP i think it was jimbo with us and we didnt let no girls in so long the bottle wasnt empty b ut if u are a big group of ppl than i would of do it p.s the VIP is in the corner of the club and if u like to check out all the girls in the club thats not the place
about where to stay if u ask me NG is the spot u can meet alot of cool ppl and if not u can allways hop over to the bar

TONYTNT40
08-23-2010, 10:25 PM
just my point of view back in the days i use to take out the VIP alot till i decide its a wate of money all the girls come in and before u know it its nothing to drink the last time i had the VIP i think it was jimbo with us and we didnt let no girls in so long the bottle wasnt empty b ut if u are a big group of ppl than i would of do it p.s the VIP is in the corner of the club and if u like to check out all the girls in the club thats not the place
about where to stay if u ask me NG is the spot u can meet alot of cool ppl and if not u can allways hop over to the bar

thats funny Brooklyn, you dont want to share the drinks with the chicas. I usually try to order a lot of presdentes on ice, so the we can have beer also and most chicas will drink that, but those waiters in the DR havent figured out how to get a big bucket, load it with ice and put beer in it.

TNT72
08-23-2010, 10:26 PM

HOLY FUCK!!!!! Where you been???????????

bklyndrguy
08-23-2010, 10:50 PM
HOLY FUCK!!!!! Where you been???????????
got busy with life lol but ill be back in DR sept 8-11 than sept 21-oct 9 :)

bklyndrguy
08-23-2010, 10:51 PM
thats funny Brooklyn, you dont want to share the drinks with the chicas. I usually try to order a lot of presdentes on ice, so the we can have beer also and most chicas will drink that, but those waiters in the DR havent figured out how to get a big bucket, load it with ice and put beer in it.
i drink vodka so iam not paying 4000 for a bottle and have only 2 drinks out of it

naptime
08-23-2010, 11:07 PM
i dont mean to be rude and sound like im trying to knock your thread, but seriously bro.. i cant see any reason what soever to need to be vip in classicos.... unless you just want the status. the hoes are going to be just as abundant if you found a spot in the corner to stand up... im not kidding. i hear alot about new garden as well. but every time i walked by that place there wasent shit going on around the pool and bar like i always see in the videos and read about. i even went in to have a few beers, wasent shit going on. there are lots of places to stay in sosua. if you have any questions you cant get answerd feel free to message me and i will do my best.

you've obviously never hung out in the vip at classico , or even at latinos.. or you would completely understand why people do it. it has nothing to do with the availability of hoes or not.

and the garden.... eh... it depends who happens to be there at the time or what the groove is like.obviously there usually IS shit going on, which is why you always hear about it, and see it in the pics and videos :)

naptime
08-23-2010, 11:10 PM
Is there a trip report. I would be interested in hearing about it!

I was also looking into doing this one night. how much for the whole night? Me and a buddy wanted to get VIP for one night. I wanted to get a bottle of patron and see what happens!

we had a bit of an insande time in vip on our april trip as well.

check our trip number 5 reports... they both feature episodes at latinos vip...

and the number 6 reports that we are both working on now.... pshhhh fugedaboudit

Jonew1
08-23-2010, 11:13 PM
you've obviously never hung out in the vip at classico , or even at latinos.. or you would completely understand why people do it. it has nothing to do with the availability of hoes or not.

and the garden.... eh... it depends who happens to be there at the time or what the groove is like.obviously there usually IS shit going on, which is why you always hear about it, and see it in the pics and videos :)

nope never hung out in the VIP at either place. but like everyone is saying unless you got some kind of event going on i really dont see the benifit of it, even so not having been there. there would be lots of chicas you would miss passing your eyes on by being cooped up in there. and your right i probably just went to new garden at the wrong time because i have seen videos where there is lots of women there. but like i said.. there wasent SHIT going on when i was there or every other time i passed by the place.

TNT72
08-23-2010, 11:45 PM
nope never hung out in the VIP at either place. but like everyone is saying unless you got some kind of event going on i really dont see the benifit of it, even so not having been there. there would be lots of chicas you would miss passing your eyes on by being cooped up in there. and your right i probably just went to new garden at the wrong time because i have seen videos where there is lots of women there. but like i said.. there wasent SHIT going on when i was there or every other time i passed by the place.

WOW....amazing!!!! You've never done a VIP at either place....but you speak as a man who has paid for it and decided it wasn't worth the money!! You were the first response in the OP's question about VIP. And then your response completely lets everyone who actually knows about Sosua, lets them know........ you don't know shit about VIP!!!!!

One trip doesn't make you a pro!

princepointe
08-24-2010, 01:28 AM
WOW....amazing!!!! You've never done a VIP at either place....but you speak as a man who has paid for it and decided it wasn't worth the money!! You were the first response in the OP's question about VIP. And then your response completely lets everyone who actually knows about Sosua, lets them know........ you don't know shit about VIP!!!!!

OHHHH BOOOOOOOOM. TNT Bitch.lol

continentalmike
08-24-2010, 01:40 AM
There is something one should know about the participation in VIP and other high-profile activities..

1. It shows your ass to everyone there
2. It shows you're sensitive to the upsell (since the oussy will eb the same at the end of te day)
3. It shows you have too much money and not enough sense in Dominican culture

But if it works for you why not?

princepointe
08-24-2010, 03:39 AM
Look man. Opinions are like assholes. And this board is no different. Alot of guys will say "Don't draw attention" blah blah blah. Others will say "Have fun and live " blah blah blah. The fact is your a grown man and you can do exactly what you want with your money. As a matter of fact if you want to go VIP and i'm there then i'll go with you. As long as your paying.lol. If your looking for FACTS then ask for facts. Prices, location, etc. If your looking for opinions then know that were all biased and objective as hell so take it with a grain of salt and keep it moving.

Apos
08-24-2010, 07:02 AM
Fair enough, if you accept that there is inherent risk in not keeping as low a profile as possible.

Some members live there or have lived there, others have 20+ trips there and speak the language, or have long term, well connected Spanish speaking friends/family and some actual experience to base their posts on.

Others have been one, two or just a few times, or not for many years and things change rapidly, don't really speak the language or have any real friends or contacts and feel the need to blow their own horns and make themselves out to be bigshots.

Go ahead an take their advice but who are you going to call and rely on when you get in the shit? Your consulate and Government can't, don't and won't do shit! Neither will the guys giving out bad advice.

Not going to point fingers or name names but you've got to look at who's giving solid advice and who's not and remember...It's YOUR ass (spooning naked in a Dominican jail...no, NOT just a joke!) when you get fucked up. :eek:
Look man. Opinions are like assholes. And this board is no different. Alot of guys will say "Don't draw attention" blah blah blah. Others will say "Have fun and live " blah blah blah. The fact is your a grown man and you can do exactly what you want with your money. As a matter of fact if you want to go VIP and i'm there then i'll go with you. As long as your paying.lol. If your looking for FACTS then ask for facts. Prices, location, etc. If your looking for opinions then know that were all biased and objective as hell so take it with a grain of salt and keep it moving.

Jonew1
08-24-2010, 07:16 AM

first of i dont claim to be totally hip to the game in sosua. all i have said is that it does not seem to make very much damn sence to pay for vip unless you have some special event going on. i know i wouldent pay for it period.

Jonew1
08-24-2010, 07:17 AM
There is something one should know about the participation in VIP and other high-profile activities..

2. It shows you're sensitive to the upsell (since the oussy will eb the same at the end of te day)

But if it works for you why not?

see this guys got his shit together.

lobonegro
08-24-2010, 07:35 AM
I did VIP in Classico's maybe twice...its totally pointless, you're not going to be noticed any less if you were walking around...prolly even more if ur troopin aroun da club...u might miss a few bad bitches while u jus parlayin in VIP....it seems cool, but it aint worth it...the price u gon spend on that bottle is da price of two bitches...well thas jus da way i think

naptime
08-24-2010, 07:40 AM
and everyone who doesnt share HIS opinion must be fuckin stupid right?

there are going to be varying opinions on why someone should or should not go to vip. or passions. or the beach. or a specific hotel. etc....

but, if you haven't actually done the whats being discussed, then you dont have a valid unbiased opinion on it. only conjecture on your part.

i cant go around telling people that santo domingo sucks, and there is no reason to take a side trip down there. because i havent been there.

i cant go around telling people that there is no point in staying at the terra linda because its stupid to spend that much money when you can get the same quality room else where for 50 a night. because i havent stayed there.

what i can say is that i would not stay there because they change thier prices based on whos standing at the counter. fact. therefor they have lost any potential business from me.

i have partied a few times at latinos vip. tnt and i are treated like rockstars at latinos, wether we are in vip or not. management likes us. and its NOT just about the pesos we spend. its about attitude and respect, and yes.. the pesos we spend.. i dont tell people that they should party in vip any more than i tell them they should not party in vip.

i simply relay what MY experience was. that does not mean it will be your experience, or anyone elses.

same with the guys that have partied in classico vip.

but you cant say there is no reason or need for it, unless you have done it . because yo do not have a valid view point on why people do it.

same with the garden. you didnt stay there. you stopped over a few times when nothing happened to be goin on at that particular moment, and then you say you dont know what the hype is. well, you dont know what the hype is because you werent there for the hype! you dont know what the big deal is in vip, because you werent in there!

but, to imply that mike has his shit together because he doesnt go in vip, for the reasons that he posted, and imply that everyone who does the opposit, doesnt have thier shit together... wow. now thats just plain fuckin ignorance.

i'm on my way down for my 7th trip ... the 4th for this year. i've never had a problem, aside from a stolen camera last year that was a simple newbie mistake. i obviously have my shit together enough to keep booking trips, and apparantly have my shit together enough that i havent had anyone try to rob me, kill me, or fight me.

i think its safe to say i have my shit together.

and there are several that can vouch that tnt and i drink way too much down there, and should be a statistic. but we arent. i attribute that to attitude, personality, and common sense.

hugrad95a
08-24-2010, 11:59 AM
How about we hear from someone's that's actually done VIP in Classico's instead of opinions on why its not a good idea.

Nakom
08-24-2010, 12:15 PM

What a load of bullshit!! Some people roll different than others, plain and simple. Did you ever stop to consider that maybe he does that for his own enjoyment and not to impress anyone. He will be on vacation for fuck's sake! Enjoy yourself and do what makes you happy.

I have spent time in the VIP in Classicos and have never been 'sensitive to the upsell'. Those chicas take 1000 ST and 2000 TLN just like the ones walking around the club. What does too much money mean? Compared to a Dominican or compared to you? And how does sitting in the VIP make a person have no sense? I have been up there and I have plenty of 'sense'.

The OP did not ask for anyone’s opinion if he should go to the VIP at Classicos. He wanted some information on price and services. Give him the info if you have it and let him make his own choice.

At a baseball game you can sit in a box on the 1st base line for $300 or in the right field bleachers for $15. Do you think anyone that does not sit in the bleachers is doing so to impress everyone in the ball park? Maybe it is just because some people have more money than others and enjoy the view. Does the hot dog guy charge him more because he is a 'sucker'?

A 26oz bottle of Brugal is 1000rd. That 39rd per ounce - it's 150rd at the bar. Must be full of suckers in there.

I guess that's why GM re-structured and eliminated many different models - but for some reason they still kept on making Cadillac’s.

Naps got it right on. If someone asks for info, help out or move along.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/images/buttons/post_thanks.gif (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/post_thanks.php?do=post_thanks_add&p=789358&securitytoken=1282665296-7ef63ca7c9cb669ad55d64cf48590f3f605823ce)

Apos
08-24-2010, 12:59 PM
This reminds me a lot of the discussions here about what to wear...and why. :rolleyes:

Most guys can understand it, some guys do it naturally, others don't care "cause they're on vacation" and yet others have no idea and cannot be schooled.

In the short term and while on vacation it really is unlikely to make much difference but in conjunction with other actions, risks taken, impressions presented the cumulative affect can be extremely negative.

That happens rarely but it does happen and everything we do leads us towards this end result.

So, if you choose; wear shorts all the time, hang out with the wrong people, give the impression that you are wasteful with money, careless, etc...and take the very real risk that you will be targeted or be proactive and minimize the risks. Your choice.

You can still have a great time on vacation without looking a fool and placing yourself in the cross-hairs. :corky:

TONYTNT40
08-24-2010, 01:01 PM
Great post Nakom and naptime. A lot of guys think VIP in Classico is expensive. It cost $300us every else in the World for a bottle, (places I've been). I dont want to think about the money spent in Help throwing parties for friends. $150us, are you kidding? You get VIP, the bottle, set ups and cake. Big Momma also add birthday decoration to the room. Some guys dont get out much.

hugrad95a
08-24-2010, 01:11 PM
Side question why don't Dominican men wear shorts. Why is it that american's stand out by wearing shorts. It's 90 degrees and I'm supposed to wear jeans during the day to blend in?

givengo440
08-24-2010, 01:14 PM
Your mistaken and like I said check the pics from VIP...

Nakom
08-24-2010, 01:17 PM
This reminds me a lot of the discussions here about what to wear...and why. :rolleyes:

Most guys can understand it, some guys do it naturally, others don't care "cause they're on vacation" and yet others have no idea and cannot be schooled.

In the short term and while on vacation it really is unlikely to make much difference but in conjunction with other actions, risks taken, impressions presented the cumulative affect can be extremely negative.

That happens rarely but it does happen and everything we do leads us towards this end result.

So, if you choose; wear shorts all the time, hang out with the wrong people, give the impression that you are wasteful with money, careless, etc...and take the very real risk that you will be targeted or be proactive and minimize the risks. Your choice.

You can still have a great time on vacation without looking a fool and placing yourself in the cross-hairs. :corky:

Looking the fool and acting the fool are two totally different things. Different even further is allowing yourself to be taken for a fool.

"Stupid is as stupid does Mrs Blue."

JD426
08-24-2010, 01:38 PM
Side question why don't Dominican men wear shorts. Why is it that american's stand out by wearing shorts. It's 90 degrees and I'm supposed to wear jeans during the day to blend in?
Its not such a big deal in Sosua from what Ive seen so far, I only bring one pair of slacks and one pair of jeans .But in Santo Domingo, forget it, if youre wearing shorts like on a Sat Night especially you will really look the tourist. And chicas(nice College chicas not putas) probably wont even dance with you.
A van full of gringos ,wearing nice slacks and shirts u will make an impression & be treated proper. A van full of Gringos in shorts and hawaiian shirts, they will definitely laugh at you. U will notice it immediately, in any of the clubs.

continentalmike
08-24-2010, 01:54 PM
What a load of bullshit!! Some people roll different than others, plain and simple. Did you ever stop to consider that maybe he does that for his own enjoyment and not to impress anyone. He will be on vacation for fuck's sake! Enjoy yourself and do what makes you happy.

I have spent time in the VIP in Classicos and have never been 'sensitive to the upsell'. Those chicas take 1000 ST and 2000 TLN just like the ones walking around the club. What does too much money mean? Compared to a Dominican or compared to you? And how does sitting in the VIP make a person have no sense? I have been up there and I have plenty of 'sense'.

The OP did not ask for anyone’s opinion if he should go to the VIP at Classicos. He wanted some information on price and services. Give him the info if you have it and let him make his own choice.

At a baseball game you can sit in a box on the 1st base line for $300 or in the right field bleachers for $15. Do you think anyone that does not sit in the bleachers is doing so to impress everyone in the ball park? Maybe it is just because some people have more money than others and enjoy the view. Does the hot dog guy charge him more because he is a 'sucker'?

A 26oz bottle of Brugal is 1000rd. That 39rd per ounce - it's 150rd at the bar. Must be full of suckers in there.

I guess that's why GM re-structured and eliminated many different models - but for some reason they still kept on making Cadillac’s.

Naps got it right on. If someone asks for info, help out or move along.

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/post_thanks.php?do=post_thanks_add&p=789358&securitytoken=1282665296-7ef63ca7c9cb669ad55d64cf48590f3f605823ce)

and everyone who doesnt share HIS opinion must be fuckin stupid right?

there are going to be varying opinions on why someone should or should not go to vip. or passions. or the beach. or a specific hotel. etc....

but, if you haven't actually done the whats being discussed, then you dont have a valid unbiased opinion on it. only conjecture on your part.

i cant go around telling people that santo domingo sucks, and there is no reason to take a side trip down there. because i havent been there.

i cant go around telling people that there is no point in staying at the terra linda because its stupid to spend that much money when you can get the same quality room else where for 50 a night. because i havent stayed there.

what i can say is that i would not stay there because they change thier prices based on whos standing at the counter. fact. therefor they have lost any potential business from me.

i have partied a few times at latinos vip. tnt and i are treated like rockstars at latinos, wether we are in vip or not. management likes us. and its NOT just about the pesos we spend. its about attitude and respect, and yes.. the pesos we spend.. i dont tell people that they should party in vip any more than i tell them they should not party in vip.

i simply relay what MY experience was. that does not mean it will be your experience, or anyone elses.

same with the guys that have partied in classico vip.

but you cant say there is no reason or need for it, unless you have done it . because yo do not have a valid view point on why people do it.

same with the garden. you didnt stay there. you stopped over a few times when nothing happened to be goin on at that particular moment, and then you say you dont know what the hype is. well, you dont know what the hype is because you werent there for the hype! you dont know what the big deal is in vip, because you werent in there!

but, to imply that mike has his shit together because he doesnt go in vip, for the reasons that he posted, and imply that everyone who does the opposit, doesnt have thier shit together... wow. now thats just plain fuckin ignorance.

i'm on my way down for my 7th trip ... the 4th for this year. i've never had a problem, aside from a stolen camera last year that was a simple newbie mistake. i obviously have my shit together enough to keep booking trips, and apparantly have my shit together enough that i havent had anyone try to rob me, kill me, or fight me.

i think its safe to say i have my shit together.

and there are several that can vouch that tnt and i drink way too much down there, and should be a statistic. but we arent. i attribute that to attitude, personality, and common sense.

Looking the fool and acting the fool are two totally different things. Different even further is allowing yourself to be taken for a fool.

Sorry to use a lot of quotes but I believe you had something to say about me having an opinion...

Just a few things here:

1. Just to get that out of the way; the day I stop having an opinion and voicing it will be the day I die, and I hope both will be a long way off yet.

2. I believe my post included a last line that read 'if it works for you then fine'.. and I meant it, if you derive pleasure from being in the VIP then do so... just know it is not necessary to get good punani (which the prime objective).

3. Regarding my opinion per se, it is valid in the points I made, you will stand out (but you might have a hard time spotting it), hustlers will watch who goes in the VIP (or participate in other high profile activities), because they want to know who might be a mark... and it will show your willingness to buy similar luxury goods the next time around..

4. Is this bad? By how much and how quickly is debatable, but all historic economic research does show that inflationary tendencies occur in local markets that get flushed with outside cash... so the price of everything (including punani, but also the motoconcho, the price of street vendors, the price of chicken stands) goes up.. the reason is that there is just more money but not a bigger supply of goods, simple as that..

5. Some remarks were made regarding my personal wealth or some such and about having shit together versus not having shit together... I don't divulge any financial info on public boards and I hardly ever have an opinion on a person in that way... I would appreciate that in future exchanges we leave this out of it and debate the issue at hand... for more info on what is meant read a book by Fisher and Ury (http://www.colorado.edu/conflict/peace/treatment/pricneg.htm)... which was very helpful to me in my college years..

6. I also don't subscribe to the view that if you haven't experienced something firsthand then you can't have an opinion about it. I have never been murdered but do feel strongly that I wouldn't like it..

macula
08-24-2010, 01:58 PM
Its not such a big deal in Sosua from what Ive seen so far, I only bring one pair of slacks and one pair of jeans .But in Santo Domingo, forget it, if youre wearing shorts like on a Sat Night especially you will really look the tourist. And chicas(nice College chicas not putas) probably wont even dance with you.
A van full of gringos ,wearing nice slacks and shirts u will make an impression & be treated proper. A van full of Gringos in shorts and hawaiian shirts, they will definitely laugh at you. U will notice it immediately, in any of the clubs.

That sucks (shorts and t-shirt guy) but it's useful information nonetheless. I'm not trying to hijack the thread. Does anyone know if shorts and t-shirts are frowned upon heavily in Thailand or Japan? Please send me a private message so as not to derail the thread.

Apos
08-24-2010, 02:06 PM
True but "perception IS reality"

If you are thought to be a target you will get much more potential grief than if it is obvious that you are not.

Apos
08-24-2010, 02:10 PM
I've seen Nakom and jd426 in action and I think I can understand their positions...reasonably well anyway. They handle themselves correctly and the hustlers don't bother with them.

I've spent a lot of time in the company of C-Mike and know with absolute certainty that he truly understands the DR, far better in and much more minute detail than the vast majority of us.

continentalmike
08-24-2010, 02:18 PM
I've seen Nakom and jd426 in action and I think I can understand their positions...reasonably well anyway. They handle themselves correctly and the hustlers don't bother with them.

I've spent a lot of time in the company of C-Mike and know with absolute certainty that he truly understands the DR, far better in and much more minute detail than the vast majority of us.

Thank you for posting this...

Please know that it is never my intention to deliberately offend, it's just that sometimes people get away with behaviour on the ground that has consequenses they might not be fully aware of..

Gringo's will always stand out, will never really fly under the radar and there is no shortage of 'tigeres' looking to benefit in some way or form of the back of anybody (Gringo or Dominican)... so esp for regulars or residents, it pays to be careful in your dealings.. otherwise the chances are that the opportunity and the tigere will meet eventually

Apos
08-24-2010, 02:19 PM
That sucks (shorts and t-shirt guy) but it's useful information nonetheless. I'm not trying to hijack the thread. Does anyone know if shorts and t-shirts are frowned upon heavily in Thailand or Japan? Please send me a private message so as not to derail the thread.

In a tourist town, at your hotel/condo/villa, the gym and the beach you won't even get a second look during the day. In proper society, outside of tourist areas, etc...no one leaves their home without being correctly dressed and groomed. Clothes ironed, shoes shined, etc...

Even in tourist areas once the mosquitoes start to come out in the evening it's just prudent to wear long pants. I wore jeans/pants almost every day for 7 months in the DR and never felt to warm because of them. If my buddies were in shorts I would wear shorts in the day but come about 4:00pm I was looking for socks and long pants!

It's a pride and self respect thing, to Dominicans.Their values more than ours but "when in Rome..."

I understand that it is similar in Asia. In the tourist areas like Angeles City and Pattaya anything goes for tourists in the day but many tend towards long pants and "cleaning up a bit" in the evening and night.

It's not important to everyone but I notice that I get treated better, with more respect, when I am dressed and groomed appropriately. Far less hassle and better prices.

Nakom
08-24-2010, 02:42 PM
1. Just to get that out of the way; the day I stop having an opinion and voicing it will be the day I die, and I hope both will be a long way off yet.

You are not voicing an opinion, you are taking your opinion and stating it as fact. If you go to the VIP at Classicos......you will be a mark, you will be upsold, you have no sense. Maybe that will happen to you, and not to others.

2. I believe my post included a last line that read 'if it works for you then fine'.. and I meant it, if you derive pleasure from being in the VIP then do so... just know it is not necessary to get good punani (which the prime objective).

The prime objective of who's trip? Your's, or the OP's, or mine??? Again you are making assumptions that everyone on this board thinks like you - it is a big world out there with many different people and personalities. Some people like to go to the bar with their friends and drink as a prime objective. Do you really think that members on here actually think they need to impress a Sosua puta to get laid? Some go to the VIP for their own enjoyment.

3. Regarding my opinion per se, it is valid in the points I made, you will stand out (but you might have a hard time spotting it), hustlers will watch who goes in the VIP (or participate in other high profile activities), because they want to know who might be a mark... and it will show your willingness to buy similar luxury goods the next time around..

I believe that everyone is being watched everywhere they go, regardless if you wear shorts, drink grey goose, or stay at a $20 a night hotel. It is the willingness of a mark to be taken that counts, not if others think he can or can not be taken.

4. Is this bad? By how much and how quickly is debatable, but all historic economic research does show that inflationary tendencies occur in local markets that get flushed with outside cash... so the price of everything (including punani, but also the motoconcho, the price of street vendors, the price of chicken stands) goes up.. the reason is that there is just more money but not a bigger supply of goods, simple as that..

All historic economic research - wow thats a lot. The research I have read is based on an influx in foriegn industry and capital investment, not on tourists over paying for rum. In a non industrial town like Sosua the price of good and services will rise and fall with what the market will bear - supply and demand. How much was a ST 1.5 years ago? The price is lower now - not higher. As more tourists come to town and have more disposable income, price will rise. Has tourist money raised the P4P price for local Dominican men? Not unless his wages have increased as well - it's called inflatiion.

5. Some remarks were made regarding my personal wealth or some such and about having shit together versus not having shit together... I don't divulge any financial info on public boards and I hardly ever have an opinion on a person in that way... I would appreciate that in future exchanges we leave this out of it and debate the issue at hand... for more info on what is meant read a book by Fisher and Ury (http://www.colorado.edu/conflict/peace/treatment/pricneg.htm)... which was very helpful to me in my college years..

My intention was not to question or remark about your personal wealth (I don't care one way or another). I just wanted to know who you are making your comparason with - a monger in Classicos VIP vs your wealth or a Dominicans wealth. My appologies if you took that in mannor other than it was intended.

My rant is over for today. Nakom out.

Nakom
08-24-2010, 02:49 PM
It's not important to everyone but I notice that I get treated better, with more respect, when I am dressed and groomed appropriately. Far less hassle and better prices.

I agree 100%. I wear clean jeans and a nice dress shirt out in the evenings. Some would say I am just trying to impress everyone and have made myself a mark to get hustled for doing that. I don't have 'years' of experience like many of the members on here but I know how to conduct myself in public, and protect myself from being huslted.

By the way, by 'some would say' I don't specifically mean you or CM.

GrandePadre
08-24-2010, 04:13 PM
I am just curious....who wears shorts to a club, period? I have always worn nice jeans or slacks (sometimes even a suit) when I am out at night.

princepointe
08-24-2010, 04:21 PM
Fair enough, if you accept that there is inherent risk in not keeping as low a profile as possible.

Some members live there or have lived there, others have 20+ trips there and speak the language, or have long term, well connected Spanish speaking friends/family and some actual experience to base their posts on.

Others have been one, two or just a few times, or not for many years and things change rapidly, don't really speak the language or have any real friends or contacts and feel the need to blow their own horns and make themselves out to be bigshots.

Go ahead an take their advice but who are you going to call and rely on when you get in the shit? Your consulate and Government can't, don't and won't do shit! Neither will the guys giving out bad advice.

Not going to point fingers or name names but you've got to look at who's giving solid advice and who's not and remember...It's YOUR ass (spooning naked in a Dominican jail...no, NOT just a joke!) when you get fucked up. :eek:

In a weird way I think me and you agree on pretty much everything but we just say it I a little different way (maybe because of our different backgrounds). I TOTALLY get the risk of standing out in a foreign country. After serving as long as I have their is no shortage of briefing after briefing after briefing. It's to the point where I pretty much have a dossier on Sosua. From gangs to the economy. It's been drilled in me. Now with that said, I personally am a fucking neon sign. I scream AMERICAN. I dressed flashy, talk loud, and have a great time. If someone wants to take a shoot at me then they (and I ) have to pay the consequences of the way we choose to live. Sosua is no worse than Thailand, Eastern Europe, Mexico, or any other place i've mongered. Part of the fun of mongering for me is the risk. I personally can get women here for free. It's the vacation aspect of going to a tropical (or tropicalish.lol) island and living it up. Some guys here clearly wouldn't like the way I roll but thats on them. Others will love it. I understand that this is a small community and my actions may affect others in the future and I can say that I won't do anything I feel will harm the community. I treat people (especially service workers in all forms) with respect and understand the economic disparity. I'm cautious to the people I hang around and am very observant to my environment. I don't drink so i'm always at 100% awarness. I hope we can sit down and talk. But in the mean time i'm going to hit the gym and tighten these abs for the chicas as my plane takes off in 2 days.

Count
08-24-2010, 04:24 PM
I wear nothing but shorts when I'm in DR and, I have to say, I make out rather well. I can't recall when a chica has turned me down when I wore shorts. And I think I pay the posted prices for drinks, too.

hugrad95a
08-24-2010, 04:35 PM
I am just curious....who wears shorts to a club, period? I have always worn nice jeans or slacks (sometimes even a suit) when I am out at night.

Well I do when I'm in the DR. Cargo shorts, a Polo or T shirt and a pair of white kicks/sneakers.

papi_sosua
08-24-2010, 04:57 PM
In Latin-American culture it is considered slightly improper, and even immature, for men to wear shorts (exceptions are the beach, pool, etc.): Girls wear shorts, men don't!

Just attempting to offer some perspective.

I wear nothing but shorts when I'm in DR and, I have to say, I make out rather well. I can't recall when a chica has turned me down when I wore shorts. And I think I pay the posted prices for drinks, too.

hugrad95a
08-24-2010, 05:07 PM
Gotcha, I know Latin American culture is more formal. Thanks for the heads up about the club. Will be useful when I go to areas outside of Sosua.

JuanElGriego
08-24-2010, 05:32 PM
If you're the type of guy who likes sitting in VIP in Classico cuz you like being in a semi-private, well-lit setting with your buddies where you can drink and have a nice time without the madness and clausterphobic feeling that one can get up in that place, do your thing, and don't forget to invite me. :wink:

If you're the type of guy who likes sitting in VIP in Classico cuz you want to be seen by hoes and other dudes cuz you think people are impressed that you have a whole $100 to spend on a bottle, and you plan on standing on the couches and what not and drawing lots of attention to yourself, do your thing, but i don't know you. :wink:

GrandePadre
08-24-2010, 05:57 PM
If you're the type of guy who likes sitting in VIP in Classico cuz you like being in a semi-private, well-lit setting with your buddies where you can drink and have a nice time without the madness and clausterphobic feeling that one can get up in that place, do your thing, and don't forget to invite me. :wink:

Your invited if we are ever down there at the same time. :mrgreen:

Apos
08-24-2010, 06:08 PM
Of course a chica won't turn you down for wearing shorts...have you seen some of the guys they go with?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::rolleyes:

Posted prices are one thing and then there's the rest of life but I'm sure you know all of this and are just busting my chops...carry on.

I'm posting my observations and opinion and not saying I'm any better than anyone else. If anyone is reading anything into my posts more than my trying to be positive and helpful you're probably looking for something that is not there.

DCIronman
08-24-2010, 07:14 PM

If you're the type of guy who likes sitting in VIP in Classico cuz you want to be seen by hoes and other dudes cuz you think people are impressed that you have a whole $100 to spend on a bottle, and you plan on standing on the couches and what not and drawing lots of attention to yourself, do your thing, but i don't know you. :wink:

Best answer thus far. If I drank a significant amount when in Classicos, I'd definitely consider doing VIP. Especially on Friday or Saturday nights when you can rest assured that it's going to get so crowded in the place that there's no room to move. However, neither I, nor my wingmen drink that much when on vacay. So VIP would be a waste of money for ME.

As far as VIP being considered as wasteful according to Dominican culture, I gotta call BS on that. Some of you need to go clubbing in Santiago or SD. Trust me, Dominicanos are no strangers to "popping bottles".

Apos
08-24-2010, 07:25 PM
...but we're talking about Sosua

Apos
08-24-2010, 07:32 PM
As far as VIP being considered as wasteful according to Dominican culture, I gotta call BS on that. Some of you need to go clubbing in Santiago or SD. Trust me, Dominicanos are no strangers to "popping bottles".I've never seen a Local/Dominican ordering bottle service in the VIP in Clasico :confused: Rumba or El flow, all night long but that's totally different. Clasico is for tourists and those that try to live off of them and Sosua is totally different that D and Santiago but I know you're hip to that. Not sure why we're still discussing this so I'll bow out now and leave you guys to it. :D

BigLongBeach
08-24-2010, 07:41 PM
In Latin-American culture it is considered slightly improper, and even immature, for men to wear shorts (exceptions are the beach, pool, etc.): Girls wear shorts, men don't!

I had this happen to me on my last trip to Santo Domingo. We were at a social club(fuck house) w/a family member. He wanted to go home so he attempted to use us as a excuse. He said i have to go cause my nephews have a dinner to go to, they called him a liar because we were wearing shorts, he said but they are tourists they dont know any better.

Also when we were picking up girls in the university everyone was wearing long pants so it was obvious we werent from there.

Sosua i say wear shorts and insect repellent. If you go outside it will be more appropriate to wear pants so pack a pair of light jeans.

DMV
08-24-2010, 07:44 PM
As far as VIP being considered as wasteful according to Dominican culture, I gotta call BS on that. Some of you need to go clubbing in Santiago or SD. Trust me, Dominicanos are no strangers to "popping bottles".

Yes Sirrrrrr, I saw many bottles of Johnnie Walker Black Label being popped. One more reason to love this place. Even though it's a blend I can drink it all night.

DCIronman
08-24-2010, 07:58 PM
...but we're talking about Sosua

They don't cease being Dominican just because they're in Sosua aka Gringolandia.

Look. My point is that the "dominican culture" argument against utilizing the VIP just doesn't stand up.

It's not really how much you spend. It's your attitude while you're spending. Now I agree that the loud flashy individuals may bring unnecessary, and potentially detrimental attention to themselves. What I'm saying is that VIP/bottle service is not uncommon (or expensive) enough in the DR to be considered flashy. As long as guys don't go out of their way to call attention to themselves while in VIP (obnoxious behavior, making it rain, etc.), they really won't turn many heads.

It's entirely possible to spend money without calling attention to yourself. Play it cool, and you won't get hit with the "idiot tax" by the chicas, chulos, and touts.

macula
08-24-2010, 08:02 PM

Let's be honest with ourselves. Classicos is a club full of prostitutes. Forgive my attitude but I'm not going to dress up to impress them. Now that doesn't mean I'm going to show up with holes in my shirt and smelling like bum, but I don't think wearing shorts and a t-shirt in that particular environment is inappropriate. For what it's worth I only went in there on one occasion for 15 minutes. I mostly just walked about and frequented the restaurants and bars. I really don't do the club scene any more but when I went to clubs in the states of course I dressed the part.

macula
08-24-2010, 08:18 PM

Yes, I heard the exact same thing about Tokyo as well. Supposedly, even during the hot days of summer it is deemed inappropriate for people to wear shorts outside of pool/beach areas.

lobonegro
08-24-2010, 09:18 PM
I can't believe this turned into a debate....Honestly, Threadstarter....you have various opinions in here...Just go down there and enjoy yourself and do what works for you because I'm sure everyone else will do what works for them...
Either way your gonna get some ass!!

gdogg
08-25-2010, 02:58 AM
I can't believe this turned into a debate....Honestly, Threadstarter....you have various opinions in here...Just go down there and enjoy yourself and do what works for you because I'm sure everyone else will do what works for them...
Either way your gonna get some ass!!

A great post to end this on!
:wink:

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/34444c4ea46f6e6ee.jpg