PDA

View Full Version : Cuba Libre being sold?

Count
08-26-2010, 05:02 PM
There's a new video on youtube (I would post it but I don't know how) of several minutes duration that shows Cuba Libre for sale at $45K US.

I found it by searching "Sosua."

Jimmydr
08-26-2010, 05:03 PM
There's a new video on youtube (I would post it but I don't know how) of several minutes duration that shows Cuba Libre for sale at $45K US.

What do you get for 45K?

joeysterr
08-26-2010, 05:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxPP3JExYBg

Jimmydr
08-26-2010, 05:07 PM
Final reduction? From what price?

joeysterr
08-26-2010, 05:12 PM
Final reduction? From what price?

from the video
LAST PRICE REDUCTION - $49,000

What do you get for 45K?

8 YEAR LEASE REMAINING

papi_sosua
08-26-2010, 05:13 PM
In the final seconds of the clip, it says "8 year lease remaining."
I'd venture $45k gets you the right to take over the lease, and the bar/ restaurant equipment only.

What do you get for 45K?

Jimmydr
08-26-2010, 05:14 PM
Then if you are successful, the lease goes up tenfold.

hugrad95a
08-26-2010, 05:19 PM
If you don't live there can you really truly run it. For the life of me I don't know why these guys don't have a website or advertise on here. Word of mouth can make your business.

The internet can be your friend. I have spent a few G's in the DR over the last few months because of word of mouth. Money that I would have spent in Jamaica has gone to the DR just on the strength of this website and word of mouth.

JD426
08-26-2010, 05:56 PM
Fred had a website , its limited though, could use more pics, IMO.

http://www.cubalibre-dr.com/index.html

hugrad95a
08-26-2010, 06:08 PM
I didnt even know about his website never heard about it until recent reports.

hugrad95a
08-26-2010, 06:13 PM
He has some nice pictures on that sight.

http://www.cubalibre-dr.com/images/gallery/12.jpg

jacknback
08-26-2010, 07:03 PM
Who's the blonde on the pole in the yellow in the gallery/wall of shame on Freds web site??

Count
08-26-2010, 07:09 PM
I didnt even know about his website never heard about it until recent reports.

It could use more pix because the pix there are great!! Fred certainly has an eye for talent!

Jimmydr
08-26-2010, 07:10 PM
It could use more pix because the pix there are great!! Fred certainly has an eye for talent!

People go there for Fred, the next guy may not get a following.

SeaWeed
08-26-2010, 07:13 PM
it's on sale on CraigsList for 59K US as of a couple days ago

Kevy
08-26-2010, 07:42 PM
You would have to be out of your mind to pay 45K and not even get the property included. Even if you got the land too I think 45K is too much.
Plus the place failed under FlamingoBernie first and I think someone else after that, so not exactly a winning location.

Count
08-26-2010, 08:04 PM
If it was bought by a group of us, the risk would be shared....but you're probably right it makes no sense. It all depends on how you see the future of Sosua.

GrandePadre
08-26-2010, 08:13 PM
If it was bought by a group of us, the risk would be shared....but you're probably right it makes no sense. It all depends on how you see the future of Sosua.

The only bad thing is your best customer would be yourself. But I won't lie, it could be an interesting challenge to take on.

JuanElGriego
08-26-2010, 08:19 PM
You would have to be out of your mind to pay 45K and not even get the property included. Even if you got the land too I think 45K is too much.

When all you're buying is a business' lease, what you're really buying is it's clientele so the place had better be able to show you it's profitable enough for you to bother spending the money. Can Fred prove to you he's making any sort of profit, never mind a good amount? Doubt it. If he can't, save yourself the 45k and open up a spot already shuttered (plenty in Sosua) if you really want to do business there.

getrhythm
08-26-2010, 08:20 PM
That facility has potential if someone were to really go in there with some energy and a strong vision. Maybe a low-cost alternative to Passions now that Peter is targeting the high-end crowd?

husl2001
08-26-2010, 08:27 PM
That facility has potential if someone were to really go in there with some energy and a strong vision. Maybe a low-cost alternative to Passions now that Peter is targeting the high-end crowd?

Peter isn't targeting the high-end crowd if he's offering full service at 65 bux a pop. Not even close, so anything cheaper would be heading significantly downmarket.

That said, I agree with Jimmy's comment below. The only way to leave the DR a millionaire is to arrive a multimillionaire.

Jimmydr
08-26-2010, 08:29 PM

The bars that are there barely make any money as it is.

There is no potential in Sosua to make money except for maybe a dozen established places.

JuanElGriego
08-26-2010, 08:43 PM
The bars that are there barely make any money as it is.

There is no potential in Sosua to make money except for maybe a dozen established places.

And even if as an ex-pat you managed to open a business that became semi-successful, how fast would it be before you were ...

1) shaken down consistently

2) copied by another gringo or Dominican

Nothing is impossible, but at least for me, it'd never be worth the trouble.

hugrad95a
08-26-2010, 08:44 PM
The location is not a strong selling point unless he could partner with El colibri. He change it to the Monger's bar through weekly pool parties. Have specials like on Monday's chica's eat one meal free when they bring a gringo who spend's over 500 peso's. Happy hour drinks for Gringo's. Raffles for Liquor.

Jimmydr
08-26-2010, 08:44 PM
This topic comes up every 18 months or so.

hugrad95a
08-26-2010, 08:53 PM
Like any service based business you have to change to meet the customers needs. If the business was great for 5 years there is no guarantee the business will survive the next 5 without adapting. A perfect example would be Europea which I was told used to be the spot for this thing of ours.

getrhythm
08-26-2010, 09:07 PM
Peter isn't targeting the high-end crowd if he's offering full service at 65 bux a pop. Not even close, so anything cheaper would be heading significantly downmarket.

Maybe so, but there's definitely a niche here for something with a casual vibe like Passions used to have at around the $40 price point. Nothing like that here at present.

BTW - this is shaping up as a really great night here. Perfect cooler temps and lots of chicas out already.

hugrad95a
08-26-2010, 09:09 PM
Maybe so, but there's definitely a nitch here for something with a casual vibe like Passions used to have at around the $40 price point. Nothing like that here at present.

BTW - this is shaping up as a really great night here. Perfect cooler temps and lots of chicas out already.

Yessir... Thursday night is the start of the weekend.

carolinajack
08-26-2010, 09:12 PM
Hope Fred gets out at a profit....

...I really enjoyed this place as a quiet place to drink before hitting the strip.

Fred has made alot of great improvements to the property in the last two years but the location sucks - just too far off the beaten path for most guys who hit town for a weekend and walk to most of the action...

...that same place (new pool & BBQ pit) closer to the NG and Sea Breeze with Fred hosting would be a gold mine...

...but IFs and MAYBEs dont sell shit...someone will try to make a go of it though.

mikelodge
08-26-2010, 10:21 PM

Fred has been trying to sell it for over a year with it listed with a local realtor.

45k must be a lease just for the business and a per month fee.

mikelodge
08-26-2010, 10:25 PM
YouTube- FINAL REDUCTION - $45K!! - SOSUA (IN TOWN) 3BARS IN 1 - UNLIMITED REV - $45K!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxPP3JExYBg)

Ok he doesn't own it 49k for blue sky and take over a lease. :lol:

Si_Poppi
08-27-2010, 01:21 AM
Plus the place failed under FlamingoBernie first and I think someone else after that, so not exactly a winning location.I think $45k would be a great deal to take ownership of the property.

$45k just take over the lease payments and all the other bills seems ridiculous.
I don't think I would want to be committed to making all of those payments for the next 8 years even if the price was 45k pesos.

If you owned the place and lived there and any money generated by the business was simply gravy, that would be fine.

But do you think that you will make so much profits to pay the lease and bills and salaries and show a return on your $45k?
I would need to see the books but my gut feeling is that I would not want it for free.:icontd:

MrHappy
08-27-2010, 06:42 AM
When all you're buying is a business' lease, what you're really buying is it's clientele so the place had better be able to show you it's profitable enough for you to bother spending the money. Can Fred prove to you he's making any sort of profit, never mind a good amount? Doubt it. If he can't, save yourself the 45k and open up a spot already shuttered (plenty in Sosua) if you really want to do business there.

So simple, isn't it?

When I had my disco nightclub, the previous owner was trying to sell for months, without a bite.

The dumbfuck told me that if I didn't buy it, he was going to close the place.

I said "sure", walked away, and rented the empty building 2 weeks later.

gdogg
08-27-2010, 06:55 AM
Bigger news would be that the Cuba Libre is NOT for sale! Way more places that you hang out in Sosua are for sale than not. Nothing to be shocked about.

eldorob
08-27-2010, 12:18 PM
This would be nice for two friends (good friends) who want to move to Sosua and run a bar.

That way if one of you wanted to take a day or two off you could leave. Otherwise you are attachted at the hip to that bar. I think thats why Fred wants out.

continentalmike
08-27-2010, 12:21 PM
Fred's been trying to sell to anyone he thinks might have the money.. since about a year or so..

Does the 45 K also buy the girls ass for the next 8 years?

Mr. Smooth
08-27-2010, 04:19 PM
It's always tempting from the customer side of the bar. With the economy the way it is, fewer tourists coming down, if it is just for the lease, it probably isn't a good move unless someone has that entreprenurial spirit and is on sight.

If Pedro's can't make a buck (or peso) and it is right in the middle of the action, what are the chances of the Cuba Libre being profitable for a new boss? With the location, you have to go there to get there. I like Fred and the bar. I don't mind the walk and the toned down atmosphere is a nice change from the neon and music of the main drag. But the challenge is to have enough customers to make it worthwhile.

Having stopped in to the Shark Bar in recent trips, aside from a few times, it mostly has been devoid of customers if not closed. If Lou has had trouble having people consistantly come by at his location, I can only imagine Fred's troubles where he is at.

Hope it works out for him though.

papi_sosua
08-27-2010, 09:36 PM
Earlier this year, a third (!!) of an interest in ownership of BAR/HOTEL CENTRAL was on the market for around $100-125k. (Keep in mind, that's for a third(!).) Didn't see the books personally, but have been told, that that would potentially equate to an annual ROI of 20%.

Of course, Bar Central is so CENTRAL to everything...

It's always tempting from the customer side of the bar. With the economy the way it is, fewer tourists coming down, if it is just for the lease, it probably isn't a good move unless someone has that entreprenurial spirit and is on sight.

If Pedro's can't make a buck (or peso) and it is right in the middle of the action, what are the chances of the Cuba Libre being profitable for a new boss? With the location, you have to go there to get there. I like Fred and the bar. I don't mind the walk and the toned down atmosphere is a nice change from the neon and music of the main drag. But the challenge is to have enough customers to make it worthwhile.

Having stopped in to the Shark Bar in recent trips, aside from a few times, it mostly has been devoid of customers if not closed. If Lou has had trouble having people consistantly come by at his location, I can only imagine Fred's troubles where he is at.

Hope it works out for him though.

JuanElGriego
08-27-2010, 10:08 PM
Earlier this year, a third (!!) of an interest in ownership of BAR/HOTEL CENTRAL was on the market for around $100-125k. (Keep in mind, that's for a third(!).) Didn't see the books personally, but have been told, that that would potentially equate to an annual ROI of 20%.

Any business that deals mostly in cash sales, their "books" aren't worth the paper they're written on. They can make that lil' pen dance however they want.

Think about it this way ... there's a third of an interest for sale. Is the place owned by one person and he's putting up a third for sale? If the place is that profitable, why is he so desperate for money. He can probably get a loan without having to give up a third of his business.

Or, perhaps, is the place owned by 3 people and one is selling? Why sell if you got money coming in? Even if that person gave you an answer that sounded reasonable, the next question should be "why aren't your partners buying your share?" No one knows better than the partners if that third is really worth that money and if they're not buying him out, then guess what, neither should you or anyone else.

papi_sosua
08-27-2010, 10:13 PM
Good point!
But the simple and most intuitive answer is that neither of the remaining partners had the cash laying around.

Plus, even if they did: would YOU put all of your money on one horse? Portfolio diversification anyone...?

[...]
Or, perhaps, is the place owned by 3 people and one is selling? Why sell if you got money coming in? Even if that person gave you an answer that sounded reasonable, the next question should be "why aren't your partners buying your share?" No one knows better than the partners if that third is really worth that money and if they're not buying him out, then guess what, neither should you or anyone else.

Bstokley
08-29-2010, 03:23 AM
The location is not a strong selling point unless he could partner with El colibri. He change it to the Monger's bar through weekly pool parties. Have specials like on Monday's chica's eat one meal free when they bring a gringo who spend's over 500 peso's. Happy hour drinks for Gringo's. Raffles for Liquor.
http://rude.com/v/Mw4Tpx1SdEx/view/sexy-dominicana-with-dsls-by-fockfestnight/

Forgive me if i'm wrong but...
Doesn't this chica work at CUBA LIBRE??

Mr. Smooth
08-29-2010, 05:21 AM
http://rude.com/v/Mw4Tpx1SdEx/view/sexy-dominicana-with-dsls-by-fockfestnight/

Forgive me if i'm wrong but...
Doesn't this chica work at CUBA LIBRE??

She was certainly working in that video!!

psriches
10-08-2010, 01:53 PM
Is that Hazel eyed chica still around??? What are the bedroom skills like?

officemgr
10-08-2010, 02:04 PM
From what I hear, if you have to wear a magnum you should pass.

JuanElGriego
10-08-2010, 02:06 PM
Is that Hazel eyed chica still around??? What are the bedroom skills like?

You mean Fior?

Can't vouch for her skills as i've never been up in that, but i can get you the digits if u want.

I do believe she's still working the early shift at Fred's though.

psriches
10-08-2010, 02:23 PM
You mean Fior?

Can't vouch for her skills as i've never been up in that, but i can get you the digits if u want.

I do believe she's still working the early shift at Fred's though.No but thanks. I was looking at some old pics from fredīs and i was just curious.

JuanElGriego
10-08-2010, 02:37 PM
No but thanks. I was looking at some old pics from fredīs and i was just curious.

Honestly, she seems to have a lil' "bitch" in her.

Nothing like her sister who works at La Passion.

I think passing on her is a good idea.

Corrado
10-09-2010, 12:37 PM
Honestly, she seems to have a lil' "bitch" in her.

Nothing like her sister who works at La Passion.

I think passing on her is a good idea.

There always has to be one bitch in a group.....both of her sisters are very sweet and friendly girls. She can be ok depending on the day....the further away from payday the sweeter she gets.

wreckless
11-23-2010, 09:16 PM
I return to sousa in 3 weeks so i'll tell you all how it was.

mikelodge
11-23-2010, 09:59 PM
I return to sousa in 3 weeks so i'll tell you all how it was.

How what was, Freddie selling the bar?

Perhaps better to post general things like this in the Sosua Roll Call thread. Just put Roll Call in the search box and it will show you a thread like Sosua Roll Call Nov.Dec.Jan where there is who will be in town and when. Have fun

Hoseman
11-24-2010, 08:14 PM
There always has to be one bitch in a group.....both of her sisters are very sweet and friendly girls. She can be ok depending on the day....the further away from payday the sweeter she gets.Which one is the bitch?

hwyrider37
11-25-2010, 05:17 AM
Which one is the bitch?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe JuanElGriego was referring to this one ( Fior ). She can come off with a little altitude.
she is still there and takes care of the books for Fred, to answer the other post.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/picture.php?albumid=272&pictureid=5415

givengo440
11-25-2010, 08:17 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe JuanElGriego was referring to this one ( Fior ). She can come off with a little altitude.
she is still there and takes care of the books for Fred, to answer the other post.

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/picture.php?albumid=272&pictureid=5415)
Fior looking hurt smh

psriches
11-26-2010, 01:33 AM

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/picture.php?albumid=272&pictureid=5415)yes, that's her

hwyrider37
11-26-2010, 06:16 AM
Fior looking hurt smh

I agree, you think Fred ( and others ) have been wearing her ass out.

gdogg
11-26-2010, 09:05 AM
Fior looking hurt smh

I agree, you think Fred ( and others ) have been wearing her ass out.

The shelf life isn't that great for a chica who's in Sosua 24/7. They depreciate QUICK!!

mikelodge
12-03-2010, 03:14 PM
The shelf life isn't that great for a chica who's in Sosua 24/7. They depreciate QUICK!!

They do experience a elevated rate of high mileage but some still run ok unlike the Used Car that doesn't get driven and gets Lot Rot. :lol:

Perhaps the new business being pushed out of town that way will freshen up Freddies Stable :lol:

afroski
12-03-2010, 05:57 PM
Here are a few pics of Cuba Libre i took at Fred's b'day party over the Thanksgiving weekend:

mikelodge
12-03-2010, 07:00 PM
Here are a few pics of Cuba Libre i took at Fred's b'day party over the Thanksgiving weekend:

Thanks for the Pics, 5 people a kid and a dog damn I hope it picked up later :lol::wink:

Did Fior buy that Rack or did she put on enough weight for them to grow that big or door number 3 would be is a baby involved????????

GrandePadre
12-03-2010, 07:27 PM
Fior might have to get it. She's hot dressed up.

psriches
12-03-2010, 07:39 PM
Did Fior buy that Rack or did she put on enough weight for them to grow that big or door number 3 would be is a baby involved????????The pictures are a little distorted from the re-sizing. Flaca y flaca!!

Snowman
12-03-2010, 08:40 PM
Fior is getting better with age and by far one of the better Chicas to grab in Sosua.
Tiger knows her pretty well too as do a lot other guys on here.
Her amiga Jennifer and her had a fallen out but wonder if they ever kissed and made up.
She wasn't around when I was there last and don't see me going back anytime soon so someone hit that for me please.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/207744cf99ae303424.jpg

The Sage
12-03-2010, 09:15 PM
Somethings going on with her. I've been seing her since she started working at Fred's and she never did anything for me. This trip was different. Every time I went down to Fred's I tried to hit that. She did not oblige. So I had to hit her sis. All I can say is thanks to Fior.

The Sage
12-03-2010, 09:18 PM
The tits are all hers.

GrandePadre
12-03-2010, 09:25 PM
Somethings going on with her. I've been seing her since she started working at Fred's and she never did anything for me. This trip was different. Every time I went down to Fred's I tried to hit that. She did not oblige. So I had to hit her sis. All I can say is thanks to Fior.

Why she turn you down?

MrHappy
12-04-2010, 08:10 AM
The tits are all hers.

What little there is........

The Sage
12-04-2010, 02:10 PM
Mr Happy, she's a little person.

The Sage
12-04-2010, 02:36 PM
Why she turn you down?

Here's the story as I related it to OM in as pm.

Yes the turnout was low for Fred's set, but I had a goodtime. I had been trying to fuck Fior all week. Little hoe kept saying no. So on the night of the party I took her sister in the back. No tits yet that skinny thing put in an excellent performance and she enjoys her work. After I finished Fior was not happy. I come back a couple of days later and the sister was ignoring me. When I asked her why all she said was mi hermana. Yes, Fior didn't want her to talk to me. She now decided (Fior) she wanted to give me some play. Took me in the back to prove she was on her period. Women are funny creatures.

Sacase, I still don't know why she played so hard to get at first. It may have been she was concerned about our size difference and when I didn't injure or maim her sister she became interested.

GrandePadre
12-04-2010, 02:40 PM

Yes the turnout was low for Fred's set, but I had a goodtime. I had been trying to fuck Fior all week. Little hoe kept saying no. So on the night of the party I took her sister in the back. No tits yet that skinny thing can take some dick and she enjoys fucking. After I finished Fior was not happy. I come back a couple of days later and the sister was ignoring me. When I asked her why all she said was mi hermana. Yes, Fior didn't want her to talk to me. She now decided (Fior) she wanted to give me some play. Took me in the back to show me her fucking spoiled kotex to prove she was on her period. Women are funny creatures.

LOL ok that is a little to far, she could have said something like mother nature....lol I don't think I would want to see all that. LOL

The Sage
12-04-2010, 02:44 PM
LOL ok that is a little to far, she could have said something like mother nature....lol I don't think I would want to see all that. LOL

Your too fast for me. I wanted to post the sanitized version above. Yea, it was a little bit too much. That streak of red in the bottom of that pad still haunts me. ROTFL

The Sage
12-04-2010, 02:50 PM
LOL ok that is a little to far, she could have said something like mother nature

"Esta con la luna" is the term. This is what she did say. When I told her she was lying she took me in the back to present me with evidence of her truthfulness.

GrandePadre
12-04-2010, 04:41 PM
"Esta con la luna" is the term. This is what she did say. When I told her she was lying she took me in the back to present me with evidence of her truthfulness.

LOL Ok I would have let it go if she would have said that. I got an aversion to feminine hygiene products.

psriches
12-04-2010, 08:42 PM

Yes the turnout was low for Fred's set, but I had a goodtime. I had been trying to fuck Fior all week. Little hoe kept saying no. So on the night of the party I took her sister in the back. No tits yet that skinny thing put in an excellent performance and she enjoys her work. After I finished Fior was not happy. I come back a couple of days later and the sister was ignoring me. When I asked her why all she said was mi hermana. Yes, Fior didn't want her to talk to me. She now decided (Fior) she wanted to give me some play. Took me in the back to prove she was on her period. Women are funny creatures.

Sacase, I still don't know why she played so hard to get at first. It may have been she was concerned about our size difference and when I didn't injure or maim her sister she became interested.?????????

mikelodge
12-04-2010, 08:49 PM
?????????

Fior's sister is much skinnier than she is. Like a twig

psriches
12-04-2010, 08:56 PM

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/picture.php?albumid=272&pictureid=5415)Isn't this the sister on the right??

Apos
12-04-2010, 10:05 PM
Isn't this the sister on the right??
Yes it is...and she works well with other chicas too! :)

The Sage
12-04-2010, 11:22 PM
Isn't this the sister on the right??

She's like a shorter Luz with smaller breasts (yes that's possible) and a better attitude. She is thin and tight. Skinny she is not. She has a great ass.

mikelodge
12-05-2010, 12:44 AM
She's like a shorter Luz with smaller breasts (yes that's possible) and a better attitude. She is thin and tight. Skinny she is not. She has a great ass.

I like them skinny and she is skinny to me but to me thin and skinny are pretty similar. Tomato-Tomoto

Now that Guy in the middle I don't know who he is.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/160414bb96b8d14eef.jpg

psriches
12-05-2010, 07:03 PM
Yes it is...and she works well with other chicas too! :)Does she actually LIKE chicas or does she just work well with chicas? Or both?

Corrado
12-05-2010, 07:27 PM
Does she actually LIKE chicas or does she just work well with chicas? Or both?

.........Both........

LJDMV
01-24-2011, 05:33 PM
YouTube - Video 34.mp4

The Sisters are still looking good as of Last week. See video...

husl2001
01-24-2011, 09:13 PM
YouTube - Video 34.mp4 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u14pCzUih0o)

The Sisters are still looking good as of Last week. See video...

Nice video :)

wreckless
01-24-2011, 09:40 PM
Cheapie Cheapie, i did not see you put any money in the basket.
No wonder they did not eat each other out or did that come later? :D

Where was Karen or the other girls?

Changing subject, i know a lot of us have done 2 of the sisters but has anyone done all 3?:deviltail:

Only in Sousa...

LJDMV
01-24-2011, 09:48 PM
We all did put money in the basket and I even gave some singles personally to the sisters up close and personal. I just had to make sure I got my video done first... Karen was sitting down across from us watching the show. There are more videos in my trip report with Sacase so you can see a lot more of the girls and action.