PDA

View Full Version : Governing : Dominican style

ROVER
09-02-2010, 06:47 PM
From Dominican Central

Sosua's finances, a 'disaster'

posted on: Sep 2 2010 12:2 by Royston.

The new mayor of Sosua has declared that the town's financial position is a "disaster" and blamed the previous administration for the "precarious" situation.http://www.dominicancentral.com/displayImage.php?phud=royston/llana-neumann.jpg
Llana Neumann made the statements in a news conference on Tuesday, where she presented a detailed report on the economic and financial situation she found on taking over control on August 17th.

She explained that there were outstanding utility bills of RD$4,357,426 and RD$7,525,011 as well as bank overdrafts of RD$437,432. and RD$349,479.
The report read by Llana Neumann was prepared by the new finance controller Roque Rafael Zapata.
The full contents of the report detail the names of individuals and firms with claims for non-payment of goods and services.

The largest debts left by the previous Sosua authorities are with Corporation Asphalt (COA) for RD$1,967,023.51; Bosquesa SA, amounting to RD$ ,289,552.07 and the Dominican Telephone Company (CODETEL) for RD$915,964.59.
At the present time the council of Sosua is without a telephone service.

Neumann also found that the previous authorities had "left us in debt to the treasury of the Social Security (TSS) for the amount of RD$2,188,675.24, which demonstrates that our employees were not covered. even though their payments had been deducted monthly."
Despite what she described as the financial turmoil, mayor Neumann undertook to "go forward and fulfill the objectives that we have promised. our fellow citizens."

I know there are allot of guys that fantasize about one day retiring and spending uninterrupted years down in the D.R. just living that life

..... and I'll be the first to admit I'm one of them.

That being said if it wasn't for the plethora of PUSSY clouding/coloring our perception ............... one may not want to touch the place with a 100 foot pole :confused2:

I believe the chicas between 20 and 30 years old carry the whole fucking island whether they or the rest of the inhabitants there know it or not. :bj1:

The power of PUSSY :woohoo: Not to be underestimated. :sperm:

Jimmydr
09-02-2010, 06:50 PM
I know there are allot of guys that fantasize about one day retiring and spending uninterrupted years down in the D.R. just living that life

That being said if it wasn't for the plethora of PUSSY clouding/coloring our perception ............... one may not want to touch the place with a 100 foot pole :confused2:

I believe the chicas between 20 and 30 years old carry the whole fucking island whether they or the rest of the inhabitants there know it or not. :bj1:

The power of PUSSY :woohoo:

Sorry but the Billions of dollars sent from abroad by Dominicans, in the US, Cnaada and Europe carry the island, not the 500 hookers working in Sosua.

papi_sosua
09-02-2010, 07:01 PM
So, how is this any different from governing US style?????

WAIT, there is no difference!! Both are third-world countries!

From Dominican Central

Sosua's finances, a 'disaster'

posted on: Sep 2 2010 12:2 by Royston.

The new mayor of Sosua has declared that the town's financial position is a "disaster" and blamed the previous administration for the "precarious" situation.Click to see pic (http://www.dominicancentral.com/displayImage.php?phud=royston/llana-neumann.jpg)
Llana Neumann made the statements in a news conference on Tuesday, where she presented a detailed report on the economic and financial situation she found on taking over control on August 17th.

She explained that there were outstanding utility bills of RD$4,357,426 and RD$7,525,011 as well as bank overdrafts of RD$437,432. and RD$349,479.
The report read by Llana Neumann was prepared by the new finance controller Roque Rafael Zapata.
The full contents of the report detail the names of individuals and firms with claims for non-payment of goods and services.

The largest debts left by the previous Sosua authorities are with Corporation Asphalt (COA) for RD$1,967,023.51; Bosquesa SA, amounting to RD$ ,289,552.07 and the Dominican Telephone Company (CODETEL) for RD$915,964.59.
At the present time the council of Sosua is without a telephone service.

Neumann also found that the previous authorities had "left us in debt to the treasury of the Social Security (TSS) for the amount of RD$2,188,675.24, which demonstrates that our employees were not covered. even though their payments had been deducted monthly."
Despite what she described as the financial turmoil, mayor Neumann undertook to "go forward and fulfill the objectives that we have promised. our fellow citizens."

The power of PUSSY :woohoo: Not to be underestimated. :sperm:

Mr Hillbilly
09-02-2010, 07:06 PM
There is a local Factory here Wolverine Worldwide put a new factory down there ,

they make boots don't know what city though??

Jimmydr
09-02-2010, 07:06 PM
Oh really ............. O.K. from the C.I.A. world fact book.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/dr.html

"The Dominican Republic has long been viewed primarily as an exporter of sugar, coffee, and tobacco, but in recent years the service sector has overtaken agriculture as the economy's largest employer, due to growth in tourism and free trade zones. The economy is highly dependent upon the US, the destination for nearly 60% of exports. Remittances from the US amount to about a tenth of GDP, equivalent to almost half of exports and three-quarters of tourism receipts."

I guarantee you at least 1/3 of those remittances are from mongers. :(

There are over 2 million Dominicans living outside the country, many of which are sending back funds.

There may be a few 1,000 mongers sending money via WU.

deezl
09-02-2010, 07:09 PM
think it's bad now, imagine how fucked the d.r. would be if the u.s. ever opened up cuba for trade & travel.

papi_sosua
09-02-2010, 07:51 PM
Realistically though, the whole world can and does travel to Cuba.
Just not the citizens of the self-proclaimed, free-est country in the universe.

think it's bad now, imagine how fucked the d.r. would be if the u.s. ever opened up cuba for trade & travel.

Jimmydr
09-02-2010, 07:52 PM
Realistically though, the whole world can and does travel to Cuba.
Just not the citizens of the self-proclaimed, free-est country in the universe.

But when it opens, 1,000's of us will go there. (And ruin it):rofl:

DMV
09-02-2010, 10:05 PM
So, how is this any different from governing US style?????

WAIT, there is no difference!! Both are third-world countries!

In that case I'll pick the one with the beaches and cheap pussy.

papi_sosua
09-02-2010, 10:31 PM
It only takes one (1!) to ruin it for all of us.

vewdew
09-02-2010, 11:47 PM
I believe the chicas between 20 and 30 years old carry the whole fucking island whether they or the rest of the inhabitants there know it or not.

Wait A sec, them chicas get paid mostly in cash, do they tell theyr governament that they made lets say $100.000 for the year?

Naw they will be claiming that they made $25.000 prolly :)

And thats even if they have a Income tax in the DR.

vewdew
09-02-2010, 11:50 PM
It only takes one (1!) to ruin it for all of us.

You can bet your money on that.

princepointe
09-03-2010, 01:28 AM

WHEN? Not gonna happen anytime soon with a Castro in office.

Chad Cool
09-03-2010, 02:35 AM
I've been there I think 7 or 8 times 2005-2008 never going back until Castro is out 80% of the people are great 20% are communist scum you think the police are bad in the DR get used to regular stop checks racism but at least not much crime other than corrupt cops and government officials. As one chica said to me in tears after her brother got thrown in jail for nothing other than being young and black "Cuba is shit!" A lot of Cubans live in fear.