PDA

View Full Version : You will need a passport next year!

Don Tomas
04-06-2005, 12:56 AM
The rule's first phase will go into effect December 31, 2005, requiring all U.S. citizens traveling by air or sea to or from the Caribbean, as well as Central and South America, to have passports. The next phase, which will apply these rules to all air and sea travel to or from Mexico and Canada, will begin a year later.

The last phase, which will affect the most people by far, will take effect on Dec. 31, 2007, and will apply the requirement to all air, sea and land border crossings with Mexico and Canada.

domfan
04-06-2005, 08:52 AM
well, finally you guys joined the rest of the world :twisted:

BrooklynBeas
04-06-2005, 09:26 AM
well i finally got mine and got 2 stamps on it from Semana Santa weekend.... But they have been telling me at the airport for two years now that i will need a passport soon

will_blueprint
04-06-2005, 09:49 AM
I used a passport this last trip but the one for memorial day I will prolly use the birth certificate. The last trip they had to call back to the US before they would let me board the plane. That was a scary 2 mins.

BrooklynBeas
04-06-2005, 10:11 AM
I used a passport this last trip but the one for memorial day I will prolly use the birth certificate. The last trip they had to call back to the US before they would let me board the plane. That was a scary 2 mins.

that was probably a bullshit call... they were tryin to get some cash

will_blueprint
04-06-2005, 10:27 AM
well of course i didnt give em any. I think i know what happened. The guy that you turn my tourist card into spoke to me. Since i was trying to make up for my lack i sleep on the plane I was still groggy and gave a half ass hi. Well when he asked for my pass he typed something in the comp. I noticed mine was the only one he did this to. I think it has something todo with that. This time I am callin american to get my tourist card first and give him the finger as aI pass by.