PDA

View Full Version : Need some quick advice

Nakom
09-09-2010, 07:07 PM
Anyone know a good place to take a non pro to dinner outside on the beach in Cabarete? I have a 'date' on Friday night.

Normally I would RTFF and research but I am on the ground and have no time for that. Thanks.

Nakom

Apos
09-09-2010, 07:18 PM
If you really want to impress, and your "date" has the right clothes and knows how to dress AND you don't mind potentially overpaying, a lot, for drinks and dinner then it's a no brainer...

http://www.dr1.com/forums/north-coast/106261-nikki-beach-cabarete-grand-opening-wow.html?highlight=nikki

Nikki Beach Cabarete :D

Looks like it could be a lot of fun...like Miami on Playa Cabarete

Nakom
09-09-2010, 07:21 PM
Sorry I messed up - we are going for lunch. Are they open for lunch?

Thanks Apoman

Apos
09-09-2010, 07:26 PM
I'm "sure" they are.

Not been of course, it's brand new, and understand that it is about double what you might expect to pay in Sosua or even Cabarete BUT it's the most flashy and impressive place around.

Some good reviews and pix on DRivel!...I mean DR1 :rolleyes:

Thanks Apoman
de nada :D

Apos
09-09-2010, 07:27 PM
http://www.mynikkibeach.com/group/dominicanrepublic

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=3&ved=0CCIQFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nikkibeach.com%2F&ei=THCJTOnaOYL98Abq65XXCg&usg=AFQjCNG_B_-emchKxkcsvnGpf7btk22ZJA&sig2=C3hmCfW2eXRxoxeXHXrdDQ

Nakom
09-09-2010, 07:29 PM
I was thinking equal to atmosphere and price of Bailey's(ish) But I don't want to be inside - on the beach is perfect for an afternoon.

Bhutto,BhuttoGolly
09-09-2010, 07:30 PM

Thanks Apoman

What's wrong with Pedro McMurphy's? If you want to be on the beach... can't help you. Been to one: Barú, or something. Food was decent at best- romantic though (at night). It was the place that turns into the dance bar @ night- they pull in the tables.
Any of those places on the beach seem nice enough- the better question ia which has food worth the time! Anyone eat at the place with the lobster-tank out front?

steviewonder
09-09-2010, 07:39 PM
I was thinking equal to atmosphere and price of Bailey's(ish) But I don't want to be inside - on the beach is perfect for an afternoon.

Lax, has great food, and the palm tree seating on the beach. You will need the shade:wink: if your having lunch. Also, the brick oven pizzas there day or night is considered by most locals as the best on the beach. Especially the Hawaiian. Also check out their beach board on the happy hour specials for the day/night.

WickedWillie
09-09-2010, 07:43 PM
Just be aware that NO restaurant has dining tables outside on the beach for lunchtime. (Unless that has changed recently). Most places start putting their stuff out at around 4pm.

You will not get that feet in the sand experience but you will get a table right next to the beach (some have small wooden deck extensions)and they are all open for lunch.

What type of food do you want. They all do 'Bailey's' type fare.

Seville
09-09-2010, 07:45 PM
Anyone know a good place to take a non pro to dinner outside on the beach in Cabarete? I have a 'date' on Friday night.

Normally I would RTFF and research but I am on the ground and have no time for that. Thanks.

Nakom

Everyone on this board knows there are no such things as non-pros in the Dominican Republic:wink: Good luck.

Nakom
09-09-2010, 07:46 PM
Personally I dont think many dominicans are impressed with foolish spending - however I want it to be somewhere where she might not normally visit given her circumstances. I pay for quality and like the finer things, but I do them to enjoy my sucsess not impress anyone else. Hence going to a place that .
'charges' for status is not my thing. Any more recomendations........

Otherwise apomans place sounds ok. Dinner for 2 with drinks was 3000rd acording to DR1. (a little steep)

Nakom
09-09-2010, 07:50 PM
Just be aware that NO restaurant has dining tables outside on the beach for lunchtime. (Unless that has changed recently). Most places start putting their stuff out at around 4pm.

You will not get that feet in the sand experience but you will get a table right next to the beach (some have small wooden deck extensions)and they are all open for lunch.

What type of food do you want. They all do 'Bailey's' type fare.

Just a regular menu - willie you know this place inside out - what do you think? I want to be 'near' the beach outside.

Nakom
09-09-2010, 07:50 PM
Everyone on this board knows there are no such things as non-pros in the Dominican Republic:wink: Good luck.

My DR experience is not all about banging putas - in fact they are just an added bonus.

Apos
09-09-2010, 07:52 PM

My DR experience is not all about banging putas - in fact they are just an added bonus.
His either

Seville
09-09-2010, 07:54 PM

As you know I have the same outlook and am even less interested in putas than most. Was just pulling your leg. When you guys leaving?

Apos
09-09-2010, 07:54 PM
I second this. Had forgotten about Lax.

Also, should it be open...Papi's has the best seafood I've ever had. Paella to die for! :D
Lax, has great food, and the palm tree seating on the beach. You will need the shade:wink: if your having lunch. Also, the brick oven pizzas there day or night is considered by most locals as the best on the beach. Especially the Hawaiian. Also check out their beach board on the happy hour specials for the day/night.

WickedWillie
09-09-2010, 08:04 PM
Just a regular menu - willie you know this place inside out - what do you think? I want to be 'near' the beach outside.

They are all open to the beach. My suggestion would be to park up at one end and walk along beachside until you find one that you like. Like a 5 minute walk.

Start at Eze bar (next to the Bic surf shop and easy parking) and continue until Lax. Thats them all.

A lot of Dominicanas like Jose O'Sheas (maybe it's the little plastic fish they put on the cocktail glasses) and the american type menu.

WickedWillie
09-09-2010, 08:05 PM
I second this. Had forgotten about Lax.

Also, should it be open...Papi's has the best seafood I've ever had. Paella to die for! :D

Agreed, but Alfredo sold out a couple of months back. I hear the new owners are changing the menu.:mad:

Apos
09-09-2010, 08:20 PM
Well fuck me! :(
Agreed, but Alfredo sold out a couple of months back. I hear the new owners are changing the menu.:mad:
Figures...he's hardly been there regularly, for years...a shame as the food was awesome!

Nakom
09-09-2010, 08:24 PM
Looks like lax it is. I will start at eze bar and head down.

Tanks guys

WickedWillie
09-09-2010, 08:31 PM
Have a great day and come back and tell us which one you chose.

By the way Eze bar/Bic surf shop is at the far end of Cabarete main street. Just past Scotiabank.

drdreamer
09-09-2010, 08:50 PM

Nakom

Hope your not taking "my" woman?? :lol:

Nakom
09-09-2010, 09:01 PM
Hope your not taking "my" woman?? :lol:

Si. Lo siento mi amigo. And SHE INVITED ME to go to the cable cars manyana as well. Ever since all the good looking guys left town I am doing a lot better with the angels. :)

P.S. Dont tell Louie! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Seville
09-09-2010, 09:03 PM
Si. Lo siento mi amigo. And SHE INVITED ME to go to the cable cars manyana as well.

When the cats away..........

hwyrider37
09-10-2010, 07:17 AM
If it's who I'm thinking of, you can't go wrong. Good luck and let us know how it went. I know we spent alot of time hanging there this last trip, I got a few good pic too. Sorry wasn't trying to tread jack, just wanted to put my .02 in. :)

jose1234
09-10-2010, 09:13 AM
Papi's did have the best seafood and lobster paella. If you could have gotten a seat on the second floor overlooking the beach, palm trees and ocean...your date was going to be "in the mood."

You will have a good time whatever restaurant you pick for lunch... She will like strolling around with you looking at the menu's if your not sure...

I can't wait to get back to Cabarete...maybe a few weeks to a month...depending upon biz...

pixall7887
09-10-2010, 11:44 AM
I only went there once but there are about 4 or five restaurants next to each other on the beach that are really nice. I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. You will see what i mean when you get there.

JD426
09-10-2010, 12:24 PM
Nakom has been there several times at least, I was with him and the crew one day in May . I think he was just looking for a really romantic place to eat with his new Non Pro chica, I hope its the one Im thinking of.. shes a little HOTTIE.....
Cabarete is beautiful, but some of the restaurants try to hustle you. Its good to have a plan before you go there.

Bhutto,BhuttoGolly
09-10-2010, 02:10 PM
They are all open to the beach. My suggestion would be to park up at one end and walk along beachside until you find one that you like. Like a 5 minute walk.

Start at Eze bar (next to the Bic surf shop and easy parking) and continue until Lax. Thats them all.

A lot of Dominicanas like Jose O'Sheas (maybe it's the little plastic fish they put on the cocktail glasses) and the american type menu.

Jose O'Shea's! That's the place I meant- not Pedro McMurphy's, sorry.
The latter, is in Sosua I believe.

Nakom
09-10-2010, 04:37 PM
For Hwy, JD and Drdreamer it is who you are thinking about. I guess dropping 9 pounds and learning a little spanish can really help! We went to the cable cars today with Davemaryland and his chica - it was a great time. And OMG!! she is just as fun and happy as you all know her to be - plus f'n hot when she gets 'done up' for going out. Got some kisses today - will report once I am back.

BTW - don't worry guys I have not gone 'wu' loco or anything. It is just such a different experience from normal down here......... Trying to get what you cant have makes it so much more exciting.

Seville
09-10-2010, 06:25 PM
There is always the possibility that a novia will not work out. Such is life and you move on. But i wouldn't trade mine for all the putas in Sosua. Yes, I know I am crazy. But if I wasn't how would the rest of you know you were normal:wink:

steviewonder
09-10-2010, 06:59 PM
There is always the possibility that a novia will not work out. Such is life and you move on. But i wouldn't trade mine for all the putas in Sosua. Yes, I know I am crazy. But if I wasn't how would the rest of you know you were normal:wink:

Enjoy what you have for however long it may last, to me that’s normal. :)

hwyrider37
09-11-2010, 07:38 AM
Good to hear you had a good time. I'm sure you both deserved it. Last time we went to do the cable cars they wasn't working, looked like a nice ride into the mountain though. Beside being smoking hot, I always like her bubbly personality. I always had to many whores around and my Spanish isn't that good. So I knew better to even think it.

pixall7887
09-11-2010, 08:11 AM
Guess i'm not the only one infatuated by her. I gave it a go and got a
"i have a boyfriend". I guess nakom just has more game than me. Cheers to you buddy.

Nakom
09-11-2010, 11:41 AM
What a night!!! Have pics and video when I get home.

Shithawk
09-11-2010, 02:48 PM
Well struck, my friend. The Hwyrider, Michel2175(or whatever the digits are) and I had a lot of fun partying there again.......it will always be my favorite place to slam the mamajuana! :) Glad to hear you're having a great time. It goes without saying that I wish I was still there! And they fixed those cablecars, finally! :) Did your greasy tourguide friend remember you? :)

Salud!

Shithawk

Nakom
09-11-2010, 07:20 PM
Too bad I just missed you. Yes spoke to Louie a few times. Madalyn (maylynn) is coming over with Kayla tonight to party in the pool and then hit the disco. Wish you were here - I will get you some pictures.

Well struck, my friend. The Hwyrider, Michel2175(or whatever the digits are) and I had a lot of fun partying there again.......it will always be my favorite place to slam the mamajuana! :) Glad to hear you're having a great time. It goes without saying that I wish I was still there! And they fixed those cablecars, finally! :) Did your greasy tourguide friend remember you? :)

Salud!

Shithawk

pixall7887
09-13-2010, 03:06 PM
So nakom how did your night turn out? Don't hold out on us. Did you get any action? You got my vote for player of the year if you did.

Seville
09-13-2010, 08:33 PM
I would like to thank Nakom for the invitation to lunch on Saturday. Fatima and I had a great time. The food was very good and the company was outstanding. Talk about a relaxing day. Perfect. Nakom is a good guy and we talked quite a bit about the non-pro thing. Kayla is a sweetheart..... you could do a lot worse Nakom. I was impressed with her personality and her attitude.

psriches
09-13-2010, 08:43 PM
Nakom, we want to know which Cabarete restaurant you chose and how was it??

Did you decide on Lax?

Seville
09-13-2010, 10:09 PM
Nakom, we want to know which Cabarete restaurant you chose and how was it??

Did you decide on Lax?

Yes we ate at Lax. Nakom had Hawiian pizza, awesome. I had the Dominican lunch special, Chicken, rice, beans and salad. The chicas had pasta. The food was good.

Nakom
09-14-2010, 12:25 AM
I will post a few pics and info in the picture section. Mods can you please close this thread.

gdogg
09-14-2010, 04:05 AM
http://www.iescotesbaixes.org/c/administracion/secretaria/cerrado.gif