PDA

View Full Version : 09/2010 - Tropical Depression Sosua

Pages : [1] 2

Gutter Meat
09-11-2010, 08:01 PM
I made landfall yesterday here in Sosua. Talk about low season. this is the slowest I've ever seen the strip in Sosua. there is no real obvious crack down going on, just the occasional chica to jail. however the strip ( El Flow, Rumba, Latinos, Bar Central ) were all pretty dead. Did not go upstairs to Clasicos so don't know what it was like up there. Few girls on the beatin path and the ones that were there mostly the hard core run down types. I would say the guys out numbered the girls due to the influx of local male macheesmos that are now hanging out on the strip. I know those $99 fares on Jet Blue are looking nice right now as long as you dont mind the state of sosua right now.

`` On a side not,the New Garden is full and there are anywhere from 5 to 10 chicas hanging out at any givin time.

Gonna give the bars/ clubs another try tonight and will report back. untill then happy trails and never forget 9/11.

adios
09-11-2010, 08:26 PM
yeah, the strip is dead, also is the beach. but classicos was so full last night, that i felt lucky to find my girl and leave 20 mins later. nobody could move, fuck this!!

The Sage
09-11-2010, 08:28 PM
Very slow when I was there. Very depressing also. Town had a completely run down feel. Beach though was pretty lively on Sunday. Monday night in Classicos girls far outnumbered guys. This was made worse because the few guys that were there weren't aggressively hunting. I'm sure prices were as depressed as the atmosphere. My problem was I brought sand to the beach. It's definitely a buyers market right now if you can get pass the feeling of desperation that prevails the place.

gdogg
09-11-2010, 08:29 PM
yeah, the strip is dead, also is the beach. but classicos was so full last night, that i felt lucky to find my girl and leave 20 mins later. nobody could move, fuck this!!

What was the chica/guy ratio?

JD426
09-11-2010, 08:31 PM
I made landfall yesterday here in Sosua. Talk about low season. this is the slowest I've ever seen the strip in Sosua. there is no real obvious crack down going on, just the occasional chica to jail. however the strip ( El Flow, Rumba, Latinos, Bar Central ) were all pretty dead. Did not go upstairs to Clasicos so don't know what it was like up there. Few girls on the beatin path and the ones that were there mostly the hard core run down types. I would say the guys out numbered the girls due to the influx of local male macheesmos that are now hanging out on the strip. I know those $99 fares on Jet Blue are looking nice right now as long as you dont mind the state of sosua right now.
`` On a side not,the New Garden is full and there are anywhere from 5 to 10 chicas hanging out at any givin time.

Gonna give the bars/ clubs another try tonight and will report back. untill then happy trails and never forget 9/11.

What dates are you seeing for $99 one way on Jet Blue ?
All I see are $200- $300 one way fares til end of Sept . The 30 day pass thing is in full swing but I dont see any $99 fares.

adios
09-11-2010, 08:32 PM
What was the chica/guy ratio?

60-40. i liked monday night. the ratio was like 80-20... lol

hughgrection
09-11-2010, 09:47 PM
60-40. i liked monday night. the ratio was like 80-20... lol

When is best time to hit Classicos?

princepointe
09-11-2010, 10:18 PM
When is best time to hit Classicos?

When we were there it was after midnight after the chicas had gotten those novia and ST's out of the way. If you go about 130 or 2 thats when the prices get to the 1000-1500 tln price range easily

Gutter Meat
09-11-2010, 10:30 PM
What dates are you seeing for $99 one way on Jet Blue ?
All I see are $200- $300 one way fares til end of Sept . The 30 day pass thing is in full swing but I dont see any $99 fares.

Up to two days ago they had $99 jfk -pop 3rd and fourth week of sept. looks like they r gone.

hughgrection
09-11-2010, 10:30 PM
When we were there it was after midnight after the chicas had gotten those novia and ST's out of the way. If you go about 130 or 2 thats when the prices get to the 1000-1500 tln price range easily
ok book a room at rockies then go back to ai leave midnight wake up call:)

Gutter Meat
09-11-2010, 10:55 PM
closing times Friday night for the clubs & bars was 4am and 5am for Club X Pedro McMurpys and Shark bar are closed.

Bhutto,BhuttoGolly
09-11-2010, 11:17 PM
closing times Friday night for the clubs & bars was 4am and 5am for Club X Pedro McMurpys and Shark bar are closed.

Pedro McMurphy's and Shark Bar are closed??? As in, for good?

Gutter Meat
09-11-2010, 11:23 PM
Pedro McMurphy's and Shark Bar are closed??? As in, for good?

Pedros looks like closed long term, Shark bar till Lou gets back from NY.

vewdew
09-11-2010, 11:55 PM
Wow I guess Sosua is really changing with this new Mayor.

voltage69
09-12-2010, 06:22 AM
Sorry to hear this.. I'm coming down friday and bringing 2 1st timers during the course of the week. hope Sosua doesn't disappoint.

Gutter Meat
09-12-2010, 06:39 AM
Well folks Saturday night in Sosua and I've reconsidered ever comin back again. Yes more people than last night but it was heavy Dominican local night. Male tourist few and far between. At 4am headed to Club X and while inside got a bad vibe as I was the only gringo in there and it was getto central!!!! I headed out and while accross the street all hell broke loose. tons of Dominicans runing out of the place, glass breaking all over the place, bloody faces coming out, sreaming, police came and shots were fired in the air. Fuckin pure kaos!!! Trust me ive been here many times and seen the usual cat fight , but this was 100% savages !!!!! Fuckin shots by police way too close for comfort. it was down right scary.

I'll tell you what, if Clasicos is charging 150 pesos to keep the bad element from comin in , then I'm sold ...I'll head back up to Clasicos.; what I saw tonight was fuckin bull shit!!!! The police need to crack down on the real problem that has arised in Sosua and it aint the broads.

gmalet
09-12-2010, 07:40 AM
I am too down here as well. The prices I'm getting from Chicas has been at an all time low. I was at Classicos till about midnight and had many chicas to choose from.

I didn't stay out till 4am and never heard about shots being fired but then again I get me a girl way before 4am and head back to my room and party.

Anytime after 3am you are always looking for trouble.

LJDMV
09-12-2010, 07:54 AM
I am too down here as well. The prices I'm getting from Chicas has been at an all time low. I was at Classicos till about midnight and had many chicas to choose from.

I didn't stay out till 4am and never heard about shots being fired but then again I get me a girl way before 4am and head back to my room and party.

what prices did u get and what type of chica was it?

oohsixman
09-12-2010, 08:17 AM
Thanks for the info. I will visit this friday from 17-23 sep. Let me know the best nights to hit classicos to get the best female to male ratio. Thanks

getrhythm
09-12-2010, 09:46 AM

This is spot on. Classicos was jam-packed again, ratios not particularly favorable, but remains a big-time buyers market. I've easily pulled TLNs for 1500 with dominicanas the last two nights without really having to negotiate.

Yeah, things may not be quite what they were, but there are still good times to be had. But I would agree that it's probably better to wrap things up by 3am and get off the strip in the current climate.

slipheed
09-12-2010, 09:48 AM
Passions is looking more and more better by the minute. Glad to here Classicos is still going though.

sosuaman
09-12-2010, 09:53 AM
Thanks for the reports
will be down in October for the month.

Sosua is what you make of it.
Chillin at the beach during the day
looking for girls on the beach - to meet up with later
meeting girls at Classicos, getting their numbers and arranging for daytime beach fun is a great way to get to know them

Classicos is NOT for me as far as pulling ST out of there - been there done that - it is all WAY too much business only for me - get it in get it out and off they go back to Classicos - no thanks

Heading to ElFlow after the beach
Hanging with all my Dominican friends
Heading back to the condo to have a chica make me dinner -
Have some friends over for dinner
Head out for a few more drinks - then back to the condo 10,11 or 12 area
If you are out on the strip AFTER midnite - and into the 3,4 AM area - the trouble WILL find you

As we all know this is a third world country with heavy drug trafficking and usage - at 1, 2, or 3 AM these are hard core people and it is the rare evening you will find me mixed in with the after midnite crowd - it is a different bunch that takes over after most tourists are in bed.

You are asking for trouble hanging within this element
We are on THEIR turf - no matter how tough you are back home - we all know people can quickly vanish down there - if they want you gone - you will be gone.

It is like this in most major cities throughout the world - hang at the bars into the wee morning - alchohol/drugs, the bad element - and guns/fights will always happen.

As depressing as it may be down there right now - your vacation is what you make it - it is still paradise for me down there - everyday I am a chica King and I love every minute of it.

See you there!

givengo440
09-12-2010, 10:21 AM

Gutter classicos is pretty much full everynight Fri/Sat nights are your best night but the party is still pretty good I enjoyed it but then again I enjoy it all the time. try Big D's wings at La Passions hell if someone is coming back to NY and can bring me some I'll gladly pay!

slim26
09-12-2010, 11:21 AM
I'm going to go about things different this time around... NE NEGOTIATIONS.. I look, if I think you worth 1,000 thats my offer.. If I think you are worth 1500 thats my offer.. If you try to put up a fight for more pesos.. I walk.. Someone needs the pesos.. If you are a 1,000 pesos chica but you give me 1500 pesos performance.. U get that 500 propina.. I max out at 1500 for ST..

vewdew
09-12-2010, 11:23 AM
Gutter classicos is pretty much full everynight Fri/Sat nights are your best night but the party is still pretty good I enjoyed it but then again I enjoy it all the time. try Big D's wings at La Passions hell if someone is coming back to NY and can bring me some I'll gladly pay!

Missing all the fun already?

:) :)

vewdew
09-12-2010, 11:25 AM
Yeah thats a good strategie Dirk, they sure do look desperate.

adios
09-12-2010, 11:25 AM
it is raining right now, very depressing domingo!

getrhythm
09-12-2010, 11:45 AM
it is raining right now, very depressing domingo!

Yeah, but I'll take this over the phreaking heat of the past several weeks any time. Good day to stay in and watch football and Nadal/Djokovic with a favorita...

shredder
09-12-2010, 12:25 PM
Who's this girl?

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/144244c8cfe6d2fd0e.jpg

princepointe
09-12-2010, 12:56 PM
I'm going to go about things different this time around... NE NEGOTIATIONS.. I look, if I think you worth 1,000 thats my offer.. If I think you are worth 1500 thats my offer.. If you try to put up a fight for more pesos.. I walk.. Someone needs the pesos.. If you are a 1,000 pesos chica but you give me 1500 pesos performance.. U get that 500 propina.. I max out at 1500 for ST..

For the most part thats what I did. Didn't crack 2k. Actually only hit 2k once I believe. Buyers market as they say.

WickedWillie
09-12-2010, 12:56 PM
I headed out and while accross the street all hell broke loose. tons of Dominicans runing out of the place, glass breaking all over the place, bloody faces coming out, sreaming, police came and shots were fired in the air. Fuckin pure kaos!!! Trust me ive been here many times and seen the usual cat fight , but this was 100% savages !!!!! Fuckin shots by police way too close for comfort. it was down right scary.

The police need to crack down on the real problem that has arised in Sosua and it aint the broads.

Sorry to hear about this, I'm sure it wasn't pleasant.

Perhaps a few more will now understand that bars like El Flow have attracted more of the local tiguere element and all their vendettas into central Sosua.

As long as that place continues so will the problems. And it ain't changing anytime soon. Be aware at all times.

el toro
09-12-2010, 01:04 PM
I agree with SosuaMan. It's all what you make it. I don't see there being a shortage of a variety of prime chicas for decent prices coming.

It may not be what some of us are used to. However, sometimes you gotta mix it up and get it in different ways. If you don't see them one night on the strip, you find them in the bar the next day or the beach to meet up later. Looking back I wished I would have met more chicas during the day to meet up with a night while I was sober because I made some trashy choices by waiting until late to meet and hookup at the same time after I was drunk.

If the ratio in Classicos is bad so what, you'll still find what you're looking for. It's like a slight challenge, but unlike going out in the US, you're still guaranteed some action. Some guys are just spoiled and lazy and don't want to put any effort into it. I understand that we go on vacation to relax and go to DR to avoid having to work at it, but to me it's a little interesting to have to hunt a little more and get a small amount of practice. My first trip my dude told me stop kicking game to chicas it's not required. This is true, but it's fun to practice on them and if a little is required I'm cool with that because it's still guaranteed action.

I'll be there in 2 weeks-6th trip--I won't be tired like I usually am when I hit Sosua after days at BB's first--I'm coming straight to Sosua for all 5 days. One thing I plan to do differently is work my Spanish during the day and make some high quality picks while sober so I make less bad picks at night when I'm drinking.

I've never been out past 2am and think that's the common sense time to call it a night. I can tell leaving Classicos at that time that things are about to get stupid in the streets so I'm not surprised about anything that happens later.

TONYTNT40
09-12-2010, 01:55 PM

Last month, in Classico a chica started the negotiation off at 1500 pesos. I never had a chica start that low before.

Gutter Meat
09-12-2010, 01:59 PM
Who's this girl?

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/144244c8cfe6d2fd0e.jpg)

She s an afternoon stroller in Sosua...wont see her at night.

hughgrection
09-12-2010, 02:01 PM
I agree with SosuaMan. It's all what you make it. I don't see there being a shortage of a variety of prime chicas for decent prices coming.

It may not be what some of us are used to. However, sometimes you gotta mix it up and get it in different ways. If you don't see them one night on the strip, you find them in the bar the next day or the beach to meet up later. Looking back I wished I would have met more chicas during the day to meet up with a night while I was sober because I made some trashy choices by waiting until late to meet and hookup at the same time after I was drunk.

If the ratio in Classicos is bad so what, you'll still find what you're looking for. It's like a slight challenge, but unlike going out in the US, you're still guaranteed some action. Some guys are just spoiled and lazy and don't want to put any effort into it. I understand that we go on vacation to relax and go to DR to avoid having to work at it, but to me it's a little interesting to have to hunt a little more and get a small amount of practice. My first trip my dude told me stop kicking game to chicas it's not required. This is true, but it's fun to practice on them and if a little is required I'm cool with that because it's still guaranteed action.

I'll be there in 2 weeks-6th trip--I won't be tired like I usually am when I hit Sosua after days at BB's first--I'm coming straight to Sosua for all 5 days. One thing I plan to do differently is work my Spanish during the day and make some high quality picks while sober so I make less bad picks at night when I'm drinking.

I've never been out past 2am and think that's the common sense time to call it a night. I can tell leaving Classicos at that time that things are about to get stupid in the streets so I'm not surprised about anything that happens later.

I'm planning to go in march for a week staying at CM with a weekly room @ rockys no ac would it be best to take 2 wallets leave my main wallet in CM and take 2000 pesos with me each night? I also dont drink

hughgrection
09-12-2010, 02:02 PM
Last month, in Classico a chica started the negotiation off at 1500 pesos. I never had a chica start that low before.

ST or TLN? and around what time?

papi
09-12-2010, 02:10 PM
Well folks Saturday night in Sosua and I've reconsidered ever comin back again. Yes more people than last night but it was heavy Dominican local night. Male tourist few and far between. At 4am headed to Club X and while inside got a bad vibe as I was the only gringo in there and it was getto central!!!! I headed out and while accross the street all hell broke loose. tons of Dominicans runing out of the place, glass breaking all over the place, bloody faces coming out, sreaming, police came and shots were fired in the air. Fuckin pure kaos!!! Trust me ive been here many times and seen the usual cat fight , but this was 100% savages !!!!! Fuckin shots by police way too close for comfort. it was down right scary.

I'll tell you what, if Clasicos is charging 150 pesos to keep the bad element from comin in , then I'm sold ...I'll head back up to Clasicos.; what I saw tonight was fuckin bull shit!!!! The police need to crack down on the real problem that has arised in Sosua and it aint the broads.

WoW..been down here since Thursday and I agree with you. It has changed a lot and will most likely be my last trip for a long time. Talent is def not what it used to be. The one night I chose to stay in with my girl was a good choice on my part. Shots fired in the air is not a place I want to be. Classicos is the spot to be in. It's packed and chicas everywhere. talent is not great but have not paid over rd2000 for all night and rd1000 for short stay

ralphie1
09-12-2010, 02:27 PM
I'm planning to go in march for a week staying at CM with a weekly room @ rockys no ac would it be best to take 2 wallets leave my main wallet in CM and take 2000 pesos with me each night? I also dont drink

i have an old wallet i carry when going to the DR. i leave my regular wallet stateside.

i put my cash in the old wallet, 2 credit cards only, i leave the rest home ( i notify my cc companies i will be out of the states and in the DR) a copy of my passport and that is it. i also put a thick rubber band around it and carry it in my front pocket. this makes it harder to lift out of your pocket.

when i get to my room, i typ will toss all in the safe except for the copy of my passport and carry my pesos (always less than 2000) in my front pocket on a money clip

i also dont use the atm's, so i carry my cash down in a money belt

TONYTNT40
09-12-2010, 02:28 PM
ST or TLN? and around what time?

for TLN, it was still early because, I talked to 3 more chicas. I didnt take her.She was fine, but she bored me and I know she was going to be boring in bed. It was a thurs. night, and toto is always cheaper during the week.

Gutter Meat
09-12-2010, 02:32 PM
The problem is El Flow and Rumba bar which have cheap prices and cater to young Male Dominicans have brought a bad element to Sosua. I remeber a time when the only male domincans hanging out were the Motoconchos. Fuckin place is in the sewer after what I saw take place last night.

weyland
09-12-2010, 03:04 PM
Totally agree. That's how I do it.

Oops! Just noticed you wrote "ST" so that's not how I do it. For me substitute TLN but then I am more than prepared to go home alone. I realise that guys on short trips (less than two weeks) wouldn't be happy to do that so I endorse Dirk Diggler's system.

adios
09-12-2010, 03:09 PM
Yeah, but I'll take this over the phreaking heat of the past several weeks any time. Good day to stay in and watch football and Nadal/Djokovic with a favorita...

yeah, but my #1 favorita is in santiago right now and for the other ones i'm not in the mood for. so i had to do a sunday afternoon st... let's see what/who is next...

btw, i was at the rumba bar twice last week and i liked it actually. both times i was there with company though. i'd never go to el flow. it is so hot in there.. buaaah

overall i'm really disappointed regarding STs this trip. very few real good looking on the strip. it isn't that easy anymore to just walk around and take one with you who you DO NOT know!

next summer i'll be somewhere else i think ( but never say never... haha)

shredder
09-12-2010, 03:10 PM
She s an afternoon stroller in Sosua...wont see her at night.

How was her service and how much did you pay?

DCIronman
09-12-2010, 04:21 PM
Thanks for the reports
will be down in October for the month.

Sosua is what you make of it.
Chillin at the beach during the day
looking for girls on the beach - to meet up with later
meeting girls at Classicos, getting their numbers and arranging for daytime beach fun is a great way to get to know them

Classicos is NOT for me as far as pulling ST out of there - been there done that - it is all WAY too much business only for me - get it in get it out and off they go back to Classicos - no thanks

Heading to ElFlow after the beach
Hanging with all my Dominican friends
Heading back to the condo to have a chica make me dinner -
Have some friends over for dinner
Head out for a few more drinks - then back to the condo 10,11 or 12 area
If you are out on the strip AFTER midnite - and into the 3,4 AM area - the trouble WILL find you

As we all know this is a third world country with heavy drug trafficking and usage - at 1, 2, or 3 AM these are hard core people and it is the rare evening you will find me mixed in with the after midnite crowd - it is a different bunch that takes over after most tourists are in bed.

You are asking for trouble hanging within this element
We are on THEIR turf - no matter how tough you are back home - we all know people can quickly vanish down there - if they want you gone - you will be gone.

It is like this in most major cities throughout the world - hang at the bars into the wee morning - alchohol/drugs, the bad element - and guns/fights will always happen.

As depressing as it may be down there right now - your vacation is what you make it - it is still paradise for me down there - everyday I am a chica King and I love every minute of it.

See you there!

Damn! I've always hung out in Classicos after midnight. Hell, most times I don't even leave the villa until around 11:00pm.

I tell you what, if the climate in Sosua has gotten so bad that I gotta be in the house by midnight, then I'll be spending all of my DR vacations in and around Santiago, or The Capital. Trust me, you can hang out in the bigger DR cities as late as you want and not have to worry about this type of shit. And you used to be able to do it in Sosua too.

I'm starting to agree with the mayor. Shit in Sosua needs to be cleaned up.:mad:

sopranostingray
09-12-2010, 04:42 PM
Holy shits guys, relax! It's low season and a very low one at that. The world is in a low season and it's not getting better worldwide. Take advantage of the lower prices here in Sosua...flights, rooms, food and chicas. High season is near and the great times will be back soon enough. Bashing the town and not visiting won't make it any better.

Sosuamna gets it and many of us do as well. Just come down and chill.

trini44
09-12-2010, 05:34 PM
Yeah i noticed as well that TOO many dominicanos are up and down PC late nites......i could stay here in BK for drama!!....am staying in NG Oct 15-19 and will probably just pick from chicas on site....i may have to reconsider my big trip next year

GrandePadre
09-12-2010, 06:15 PM
Yeah i noticed as well that TOO many dominicanos are up and down PC late nites......i could stay here in BK for drama!!....am staying in NG Oct 15-19 and will probably just pick from chicas on site....i may have to reconsider my big trip next year

I will be in NG from the 10-17 so I can hang with you a few nights

donquixote
09-12-2010, 06:25 PM
Holy shits guys, relax! It's low season and a very low one at that. The world is in a low season and it's not getting better worldwide. Take advantage of the lower prices here in Sosua...flights, rooms, food and chicas. High season is near and the great times will be back soon enough. Bashing the town and not visiting won't make it any better.

Sosuamna gets it and many of us do as well. Just come down and chill.

i agree with sopranostingray, it is low season and all you want and look for is there.
i have been going to sosua for 8 years and i go about 4 times a year as we own and rent condos there.
i just spent 4 weeks there, and i found it a bit slow but not that much.
as far as el flow goes, you have to pay the price,,,lots of you support it because you save some money but then you must realize the crowd it brings,,you cant have both ways...

so go to sosua, use your head,,,plan and you will still get the best anywhere for the money, regardless if you want sun, vacation, chicas or whatever

WickedWillie
09-12-2010, 06:33 PM
The problem is El Flow and Rumba bar which have cheap prices and cater to young Male Dominicans have brought a bad element to Sosua. I remeber a time when the only male domincans hanging out were the Motoconchos. Fuckin place is in the sewer after what I saw take place last night.

I agree that both bars have increased the number of locals in central Sosua and whilst Rumba may have the same cheap prices as El Flow look a bit closer at the type of customers in each place.

There is definately a sleazier element hanging at El Flow.

Man gone Nuts
09-12-2010, 06:36 PM
this information is making me so depressed. I have been looking forward to going to Sosua. with discoteca Help closed, and evrything so expensive now in Brasil. last winter I spent 5 months in Pattaya, but the thing is that I really dont like Thai girls that much... I like latin, mulattas and negritas...
what to do... what to do...

LJDMV
09-12-2010, 06:42 PM
this information is making me so depressed. I have been looking forward to going to Sosua. with discoteca Help closed, and evrything so expensive now in Brasil. last winter I spent 5 months in Pattaya, but the thing is that I really dont like Thai girls that much... I like latin, mulattas and negritas...

Find the lowest airfare u can and take a trip while the numbers are in your favor. There will be plenty of latin females for you there.. The females still need to make money there...

sopranostingray
09-12-2010, 06:42 PM

Seriously dude, how can visiting a tropical island get you depressed. You should be pump at the choice in chicas you will have here. If you are already negative about your trip, you bound to not have a good time. It's really too bad....you're gonna miss out.

steviewonder
09-12-2010, 06:43 PM

Hate to tell you the problem in Club X started in Classicos and made it's way over to X.. Several girls at Classicos cut up real bad after a fight just before X situation over a puta/gringo theft. Their Chulo's got into it w/ the chicas aswell as some bad ass deportes. Not sure WTF happened to the gringo in or out of Classicos.:confused: By the way, all day today on PC, looks like a Politur convention in Sosua, many of them in from POP:eek:

Man gone Nuts
09-12-2010, 06:59 PM
Seriously dude, how can visiting a tropical island get you depressed. You should be pump at the choice in chicas you will have here. If you are already negative about your trip, you bound to not have a good time. It's really too bad....you're gonna miss out.
your right... just did not realize I had to be on such high alert in
Sosua to...even thogh I loved Rio the crime really got to me after spending alot of time there.
but im going to Sosua for shure this winter. the thing is that I like to stay for months at a time... and for such a small town with the crime you guys are writing about is it possible to fly under the radar?(Im 35 years, white with a shaved head, blue eyes and 190 cm tall)... :confused:

steviewonder
09-12-2010, 07:13 PM
Sosua to...even thogh I loved Rio the crime really got to me after spending alot of time there.
but im going to Sosua for shure this winter. the thing is that I like to stay for months at a time... and for such a small town with the crime you guys are writing about is it possible to fly under the radar?(Im 35 years, white with a shaved head, blue eyes and 190 cm tall)... :confused:
It's very possible, and it's the key to living here for a month or yrs.:)

TONYTNT40
09-12-2010, 07:40 PM

Welcome, fellow "Amerioca", I havent been to Rio in 2 years, and I dont miss it. If you've been to Rio, you will find Sosua very safe. So what they had a fight in Club X, they had fights in Help every Friday and Saturday night. The only difference is, they dont have so called pimps, in Help, so the fights would be mostly girls. You dont have to be on high alert. I always have a safe feeling at night in Sosua. Just use your common sense and you will be fine.

weyland
09-12-2010, 07:49 PM
No need to be depressed. All this gloom and doom is wildly exaggerated. You can have a great, safe and economically priced holiday in Sosúa if you use common sense and do a little planning. Chica prices are the lowest I have known in five years.

But if you like to get drunk or act like a dick drawing attention to yourself in public then stay away. You will put yourself and perhaps others at risk.

DCIronman
09-12-2010, 08:03 PM
Whatever man.:rolleyes:

Listen, I've been traveling to the DR and Sosua for years now. I actually like to go there during the low season because prices are lower, and there are fewer tourists. Or perhaps I should say that there used to be fewer tourists during the low season (mongers tend to travel year round).

And in all of the years that I've been traveling to Sosua, I've never felt my safety to be in danger. And I've definitely never felt the need to impose a 12am curfew upon myself. The party doesn't get started until after midnight. Honestly, it's the only time I make it a point to be on the strip. I generally don't head back to the villa until 2-3am at the earliest. And I've never had any trouble.

So let's be clear, if longtime travelers to Sosua are saying that a negative element now makes it less safe to hang out on the strip after midnight, then that means that Sosua is definitely changing for the worse. Let's quit trying to sugarcoat that shit. I've seen many, MANY, low seasons in Sosua. And this doesn't appear to be a "low season" thing.

Guys are either exaggerating about the current atmosphere in Sosua, or it's changing for the worse. I wonder which is the case.:confused:

slim26
09-12-2010, 08:31 PM
Whatever man.:rolleyes:

Listen, I've been traveling to the DR and Sosua for years now. I actually like to go there during the low season because prices are lower, and there are fewer tourists. Or perhaps I should say that there used to be fewer tourists during the low season (mongers tend to travel year round).

And in all of the years that I've been traveling to Sosua, I've never felt my safety to be in danger. And I've definitely never felt the need to impose a 12am curfew upon myself. The party doesn't get started until after midnight. Honestly, it's the only time I make it a point to be on the strip. I generally don't head back to the villa until 2-3am at the earliest. And I've never had any trouble.

So let's be clear, if longtime travelers to Sosua are saying that a negative element now makes it less safe to hang out on the strip after midnight, then that means that Sosua is definitely changing for the worse. Let's quit trying to sugarcoat that shit. I've seen many, MANY, low seasons in Sosua. And this doesn't appear to be a "low season" thing.

Guys are either exaggerating about the current atmosphere in Sosua, or it's changing for the worse. I wonder which is the case.:confused:

Yeah, its not adding up.. I was there for a 8 days in July and I hit the strip every night-ALL NIGHT... I would literally walk in the condo at about 4-5 every morning.. I did this everyday.. Been in Club X twice... got clipped for 500 pesos from a desperate hoe. It was all my fault... Other than that... it was breezy...There are neighborhoods in New Orleans that are far more dangerous than Pedro Clisante....

LJDMV
09-12-2010, 08:36 PM
@Dcironman @Dirk R both correct. I was out till like 5:30 am when I left the after one club and walked back to the NG hotel solo. It would always be better if u have a wingman with you, but it can also be done solo. I Never felt unsafe and had no problems. I was not drunk or causing any attention to myself except for the few chicas that were passing by me (looking for dates).

DMV
09-12-2010, 08:39 PM

What to do?....
Get on the plane and get down to DR. If you've been to Rio you know there's a low season there also, but that never stopped the party.

When you bust that first nut, you're depression should disappear.
I suggest you check out Santo Domingo and Santiago also.

weyland
09-12-2010, 08:43 PM
Both are true. It is changing for the worse, but not so dramatically that you cannot avoid trouble by using common sense and still have a great holiday.

I cannot comment about conditions on the Strip after midnight. I am usually tucked up in bed with a hot malted milk and a cold chica by then. Staying out late may be the best part of your trip. It doesn't mean it is essential for others who are concerned about their safety as our friend Michael34 apparently is. I am not suggesting it is dangerous after that time (and certainly not for experienced mongers like yourself), just that it is safer earlier in the evening with less drunks about and less guys and putas getting twitchy because they haven't found a partner for the night yet.

Talis
09-12-2010, 09:44 PM
I just returned today from Sosua, spent 9 nights. I think the earliest we ever got in was around 3am and past 5am multiple times including staying in classicos until it closed several times. The only issues we had involved club X around 4 in the morning. We were only there 30 minutes and had 4 incidents with attempted pick-pockets - not a good scene at all in that place in my opinion.

Classicos was packed early most evenings - to a point it was difficult to dance anywhere and even stand in many places. The ratios seemed fine to me though if I was there strictly to pull someone I would say the 12am time frame had the best looking freed up girls. I only pulled three during the week and two of the three were to complete a three-some - friends from girls I already had with me... So more of a meeting place than a pull. The third was extremely cute but only so-so in bed and had everyone else worried that she would be stealing stuff... but looking around the disco there was always plenty of eye candy with no companions on the prowl..

The streets during the weeknights were absolutely dead. We walked parts of the strip where there was not a single sole until we approached X-flow.. I had two long lunches at the terra linda where I was the only customer and the two dinner meals at Bailies (sp?) included one where we were the only customers.

So.. Classicos was packed but pretty much everything else was dead or locals only.

questner
09-12-2010, 11:03 PM
Here is my recent September 2010 observations:

There are some subtle changes like Siempre Sol renovations.

There are regular things like fights on PC, thefts in Latinos or pepper spray used in Classicos.

There are trends, like growing percentage of haitianas as opposed to dominicanas.

There is a police shuffle with police preference of fear and not respect.

A curiosity: I was solicited near Bar Central by Emma, an hooker of doubtful age from Nottingham, England. A slightly obese platinum blond, wearing black. I was not interested and never asked her how much was a pleasure of knowing her better.

macula
09-12-2010, 11:10 PM

Right! At the very least, you can enjoy the sun on the beach and partake in a local chica or two. I'm still going as planned with my December trip. A week in Sosua beats staying stuck inside in the cold weather all week. I'm surprised how many people are shocked by the "new element" they feel is ruining Sosua. It's a poor town in a third world country. I rarely leave the house @ 4AM in my hometown and so I don't feel the need to do it in Sosua. I think some of you are being a little spoiled. Please don't take much offense.

adios
09-12-2010, 11:16 PM
i'm just saying: talent is going down. it's a buyers market, yeah, but not that much to buy... last year at the same time it was way better regarding the quality of the chicas.

gonna go to classicos right now, let's all hope... lol

The Sage
09-12-2010, 11:20 PM
About the Haitian contingent. Was in Classicos saturday night headed to the dance floor with my favorita. Looked around and the entire dance floor was filled from end to end with Haitians both men and women. Maybe 2 or 3 dominicans. No big deal, but I had never seen that before in Classicos. Either more Haitians are coming out to party or there's been a large influx onto the North Coast since the earthquake.

The Sage
09-12-2010, 11:29 PM
It seems quality in general dropped as more and more mongers showed up who drifted towards larger less attractive women. As a result chicas in this subset showed up in larger numbers and literally camped out. In example some chicks now hanging out at the NG even came out of retirement to milk this trend. Don't want to step on anyone's preferences, but there was a time when you couldn't find a fat woman on the strip or in the discos working. They knew it was a waste of time to come out because they weren't going to get any customers. Call it the americanization of Sousa.

vewdew
09-13-2010, 12:05 AM
cmon Guys lets admit it, you have been with some fugly ass gorditas before :)

Just messin with you guys.

Rear Admiral
09-13-2010, 12:11 AM
thanks for post information going down next month

DMV
09-13-2010, 12:12 AM
cmon Guys lets admit it, you have been with some fugly ass gorditas before :)

Just messin with you guys.

I will admit I have, but never, never ever got on a plane and searched for it and then paid for it. I pay for a fantasy not a nightmare.:smile:

vewdew
09-13-2010, 12:18 AM
thanks for post information going down next month

Just go and have lots of fun, dont let nothing here stop you from goin to Sosua.

steviewonder
09-13-2010, 12:49 AM
By the way, all day today on PC, looks like a Politur convention in Sosua, many of them in from POP:eek:

Pretty quiet, did see alot new politur officers tonight. Probably just a change of guards that couldn't get what they wanted in kick backs in POP!:rofl: Didn't head up stairs (classicos) as I was with my local ace in the hole. She was holding me just like the last play in Wash. vs Big D.:icontd: Pretty sure the town will be safe as usual!:wink:

pixall7887
09-13-2010, 04:22 AM
I don't think it's good when we are trying to find reasons to come back. I'm new at this but i see some of the most seasoned ones on the board stay away from sosua. They either go to other parts of the country or hit up colombia. I don't want to wait for someone to get shot or stabbed before i make a change. There is another long thread going on about attack dogs and guns. I really don't wanna think about that kinda stuff on vacation. If i don't start hearing some good stuff by my next trip. Adios sosua:( Hola colombia:D

gdogg
09-13-2010, 05:56 AM
I don't think it's good when we are trying to find reasons to come back. I'm new at this but i see some of the most seasoned ones on the board stay away from sosua. They either go to other parts of the country or hit up colombia. I don't want to wait for someone to get shot or stabbed before i make a change. There is another long thread going on about attack dogs and guns. I really don't wanna think about that kinda stuff on vacation. If i don't start hearing some good stuff by my next trip. Adios sosua:( Hola colombia:D

Go to Sosua and have a good time, especially if you've never been. Don't let that unnecessary thread scare you off. You'll be in the tourist area and won't have to worry about packing heat.

Man gone Nuts
09-13-2010, 08:18 AM
It's very possible, and it's the key to living here for a month or yrs.:)
thats the thing. im fixing up my apartment and after that im heading for sosua... and I was thinking about staying for maybee 5-6 months... is it duable or will I loose my mind there, allwsays looking over my shoulder in that small town? where should I live close to the action. classico will probably be my hunting ground so I need someplace safe and affordable close to classicos (with security). during the day I will hit the gym, sit in front of the laptop and at night I will hit classicos.

princepointe
09-13-2010, 10:07 AM

Whoaaaaaa. Wasn't gonna comment until I saw this. If this is the lifestyle you want to live then you need to go atleast ONCE to Sosua. Remember that some of these "vets" have been there 6,7,8 times in a year sometimes. These guys have been there and done that so you have to realize some level of boredom comes into play. As far as the violence goes I was there 12 days and I was IN THE SHIT. Very rarely was I in before 2am. None of this pre midnight bedtime crap. lol. I was at Classico's, on the strip, and everyplace in between. The worse I saw was two Haitian chicas fighting in the middle of the day. Like 5pm. lol. The night I decided not to hit Classico's someone shot pepper spray. It amazes me how paranoid some cats are about crime there. Where do you cats live? Have any of you ever been to Jamaica? Holy shit. They'd cut your head off just as soon look at you. I'm not saying don't be cautious and smart. ANYWHERE in the world where tourist go and people are hungry (including New York) there will be people trying to rob and hustle. It's human nature. I find that the info on this board is invaluable but definately airs on the side of EXTREME caution. I'm talking bubbleboy cautious. Just be smart and pretend your in any REAL inner city in America and you'll be fine. Sosua is the little leagues when it comes to crime and corruption.

princepointe
09-13-2010, 10:08 AM
thats the thing. im fixing up my apartment and after that im heading for sosua... and I was thinking about staying for maybee 5-6 months... is it duable or will I loose my mind there, allwsays looking over my shoulder in that small town? where should I live close to the action. classico will probably be my hunting ground so I need someplace safe and affordable close to classicos (with security). during the day I will hit the gym, sit in front of the laptop and at night I will hit classicos.

Sounds EXACTLY like getrhythm. Send him a PM and he can give you the entire lowdown. You'll be fine. That "paranoia" will wear off soon enough.

Jimmydr
09-13-2010, 10:09 AM
Whoaaaaaa. Wasn't gonna comment until I saw this. If this is the lifestyle you want to live then you need to go atleast ONCE to Sosua. Remember that some of these "vets" have been there 6,7,8 times in a year sometimes. These guys have been there and done that so you have to realize some level of boredom comes into play. As far as the violence goes I was there 12 days and I was IN THE SHIT. Very rarely was I in before 2am. None of this pre midnight bedtime crap. lol. I was at Classico's, on the strip, and everyplace in between. The worse I saw was two Haitian chicas fighting in the middle of the day. Like 5pm. lol. The night I decided not to hit Classico's someone shot pepper spray. It amazes me how paranoid some cats are about crime there. Where do you cats live? Have any of you ever been to Jamaica? Holy shit. They'd cut your head off just as soon look at you. I'm not saying don't be cautious and smart. ANYWHERE in the world where tourist go and people are hungry (including New York) there will be people trying to rob and hustle. It's human nature. I find that the info on this board is invaluable but definately airs on the side of EXTREME caution. I'm talking bubbleboy cautious. Just be smart and pretend your in any REAL inner city in America and you'll be fine. Sosua is the little leagues when it comes to crime and corruption.

I did 43 trips there from 1997 - 2007. My Sosua is way different from today's Sosua, so they tell me.

See it once, I do agree with that 100%.

vewdew
09-13-2010, 10:57 AM

Ok So you are worried about safety and want to Go to Colombia vs Sosua if you dont hear good news.

Well guy you should look up crime in colombia vs DR, granted that the DR was less population, and crime is greater in colombia, and lets not talk about Militias and the bigger drug trade.

The chances are getting into trouble in Colombia are 90% greater versus Sosua.

vewdew
09-13-2010, 10:58 AM
And like JimmyDR said, see it once and draw your conclusions.

Jimmydr
09-13-2010, 11:02 AM
And like JimmyDR said, see it once and draw your conclusions.

If its the only place that you been, you may love it. After you visited 4 or 6 other places, such as

San Jose Costa Rica
Negril, Jamaca
Pattaya, Thailand
Havana, cuba
Medellin, Colombia
Rio, Brazil

to name a few other places, you may only feel the need to go once in a while. You won't know until you see more.

steviewonder
09-13-2010, 11:38 AM

Yes man, it's very doable! Not sure where you will end up w/ an apt., but as long as you feel that the security measures are in place there, then the rest will be easier to experience especially during the days. There are a lot of differences and advantages being here for a long time as compared to a visitor for a short time. During the daytime, you'll have more time to explore the north coast, Santiago, SD. Even if you just do it for 1/2 day trips, spend some time at the pool/beach, and then end up at home deciding what’s on tap for the night. You have many local bars/rest. here and in POP (Rumba,Rocky’s,Jollys,Brittania,etc) where the chicas are not into your face. This is important to socialize these areas as you will meet other gringo’s that live here. Also there are many of us here (ISOC,) that are on the ground full time and I’m sure we would help in anyway with (shopping,food,gym, transportation,etc.) just PM us. Also, I would get out of using Classicos as your sole hunting ground at night. You'll be very happy to know that your whole north coast will be your best hunting ground. The longer you’re here, the easier it will be to make contacts, especially when these chicas see you’re not in for only a few days. Not sure what’s happening on your computer (work, ISOC reports), but if you’re here for a while, you do need a plan of what you want to do, and what you want to see. This will keep you energized and be able to experience more while you’re here. The key here is no different then back at home in having a balanced life ( food,social,rest,experiences,gym,etc.) especially when you may want to head out every night. Some of best experiences I have had is to simply sit at a place like Rumba, have some drinks, dance or chat up some locals that I've met in other places and then head home. Or as you said, spending several hours in the gym is a great place to meet people here while getting a good work out. The way I see it no way the guys that live here for a period of time (unless you have a big S on your chest) can go out every night and chase every chica we want, party, and head home at 4am. We leave that to the guys to enjoy in for a long weekend or a week. Also, there’s been many great post here as to how to stay under the radar, and most of them can be done whether you’re here for 6 months or one day. Don’t flash is my #1 rule, others I live by, limit what you say about yourself to others here, especially when you’ve just met and don't know them. Never entertain trouble w/ a local even when you’re in the right. You’ll never win, and you’ll bring way to much attention to yourself.:eek: Above all don’t worry, life here is different but at the same time really good.:wink: And always remember anything that will happen, will happen mamana!

Jimbo44
09-13-2010, 01:18 PM
So i ve read this thread by Gutter and I have friends who have never been there b4 who want to go with me sometime in the next 2 or so months. I am another who does not even begin my journey to the strip b4 11 pm and back with chica sometime around 3 or 4 am. Do I have to pull the trigger faster now, and get down there and staighten all this shit out!!!!??????

Maretti
09-13-2010, 01:43 PM
Ok So you are worried about safety and want to Go to Colombia vs Sosua if you dont hear good news.

Well guy you should look up crime in colombia vs DR, granted that the DR was less population, and crime is greater in colombia, and lets not talk about Militias and the bigger drug trade.

The chances are getting into trouble in Colombia are 90% greater versus Sosua.Did you ever hear of the militia killing a tourists? If you're talking about the Paras, they could be (as long as you don't interfere with their business) your best friends.

adios
09-13-2010, 01:43 PM
dont worry about safety issues too much... it will be fine if you just use your common sense. :)

sosuaman
09-13-2010, 01:45 PM
I have enjoyed reading this thread - lots of good info..

I will be in Sosua area for month of October and report on what I see..

As far as staying up until 3 or 4AM and partying at Classicos, Club X etc.. - like weyland says - everyone has different ways to roll down there - if you stay up late that's you - if not then you don't - one way is not better than the other - all personal preference.

However at these late nite/early morning times there is clearly more chance of problems - let's just say there is a different bunch up at that time - and that is the case no matter where you go - RIO, Thailand, New York or Sosua.

However - IF you are there for a month or so vs. just going for 5-10 days - the intensity of partying has to be spread out a bit - at least for me. I can't go full blown for 4 weeks - after two weeks my body just shuts down - been there done that - now I intelligently spread out my partying to allow me to enjoy each day to the fullest rather than being bed ridden recouperating from intense partying.

Sosua is still safe - just use your brain, don't walk around plastered, be respectful of the locals and do NOT trust anyone...

Happy travels!

hughgrection
09-13-2010, 02:00 PM
How do you say in spanish "1000 pesos ST or 1500 Pesos TLN"?

princepointe
09-13-2010, 02:04 PM
How do you say in spanish "1000 pesos ST or 1500 Pesos TLN"?

You dont even need to say it in Spanish. That english they all know.lol.

uno mille peso

quince cien peso toda la noche (spelling?)

Bhutto,BhuttoGolly
09-13-2010, 02:12 PM

The chances are getting into trouble in Colombia are 90% greater versus Sosua.

Really now? Drug trade? Militias?
We go to places like Medellín and stay in the upscale neighborhoods like Poblado and Laureles. And the tourist destinations like Cartagena, Santa Marta and San Andres. What monger here has ever felt threatened like you're alluding to?
Just saying. My 2 pesos.

vewdew
09-13-2010, 02:20 PM
Did you ever hear of the militia killing a tourists? If you're talking about the Paras, they could be (as long as you don't interfere with their business) your best friends.

Aint Colombia the famous country for tourist kidnapping?
FARC still active and Some locals still do Kidnap tourists and sell them to the FARC.

I am not saying that everyone that goes there will be in trouble, but Dr its alot safer according to statistics.

vewdew
09-13-2010, 02:23 PM
Really now? Drug trade? Militias?
We go to places like Medellín and stay in the upscale neighborhoods like Poblado and Laureles. And the tourist destinations like Cartagena, Santa Marta and San Andres. What monger here has ever felt threatened like you're alluding to?
Just saying. My 2 pesos.

I am only stating a know fact, not stating that Mongers get or have gotten kidnapped or nothing like that.

Bhutto,BhuttoGolly
09-13-2010, 02:26 PM
You dont even need to say it in Spanish. That english they all know.lol.

uno mille peso

quince cien peso toda la noche (spelling?)

I don't doubt you get by in Sosua- generally speaking, the DR is home to the poorest level of Spanish in the Hispanic world. No offense to any Dominican-American mongers here; but it's the truth. I grew up in NYC and know people from all backgrounds (yes, many Dominicans).
As far as saying 1000 pesos- it's un mil, not uno mil; but you'd be fine simply leaving it at "mil pesos". And as for "ST"- the chicas are fond of saying "fickee-fickee" to refer to that. Hope that helps.
And 1,500- is "mil quiniento". You're trying to literally speak "English in Spanish"; if you get my meaning.

Mr Hillbilly
09-13-2010, 02:28 PM
Vewdew your a little off on your statistics I read them also murder rates for DR and Colombia are really close.

Unless you have been to DR and Colombia more than me which is 20 times in 24 months you don't understand the differences.

In Colombia you will rarely encounter a gun fight at a disco or a fight.

Sosua shit; fight every night about something.

Colombia is not going to hold you for ransom after shooting an intruder either.

Drug lords in Colombia don't need added attention of hurting a tourist.
Colombia gets aid from USA doesn't need trouble.

Bhutto,BhuttoGolly
09-13-2010, 02:29 PM
Aint Colombia the famous country for tourist kidnapping?
FARC still active and Some locals still do Kidnap tourists and sell them to the FARC.

I am not saying that everyone that goes there will be in trouble, but Dr its alot safer according to statistics.

Wow- maybe I should cancel my upcoming trip #6?

vewdew
09-13-2010, 02:34 PM
8orBetter You have been to both places more than me thats for sure, I been to Venezuela and Peru, but never to Colombia.

Now the Dr it will be my first time next year, So my facts come mostly by what Members on this board talk about or web searches.

Experience in those countrys I have noone.

papi_sosua
09-13-2010, 03:06 PM
Not to belabor this point, but it is actually "quinientoS."

Other than that I agree w/ your assessment of the level of Spanish spoken in the DR. I very seldom encounter the use of compound tenses or subjunctif; instead it is all preterito, futuro parafrastico, imperfecto/ preterito.

I don't doubt you get by in Sosua- generally speaking, the DR is home to the poorest level of Spanish in the Hispanic world. No offense to any Dominican-American mongers here; but it's the truth. I grew up in NYC and know people from all backgrounds (yes, many Dominicans).
As far as saying 1000 pesos- it's un mil, not uno mil; but you'd be fine simply leaving it at "mil pesos". And as for "ST"- the chicas are fond of saying "fickee-fickee" to refer to that. Hope that helps.
And 1,500- is "mil quiniento". You're trying to literally speak "English in Spanish"; if you get my meaning.

Jimmydr
09-13-2010, 03:07 PM
8orBetter You have been to both places more than me thats for sure, I been to Venezuela and Peru, but never to Colombia.

Now the Dr it will be my first time next year, So my facts come mostly by what Members on this board talk about or web searches.

Experience in those countrys I have noone.

So give us some trip reports.:biggrin:

Maretti
09-13-2010, 03:12 PM

Experience in those countries I have none.
Man, I don't know what member you're listening to. I know of two guys, Johnny who lives there and Vic who visit for long stretches and those two go anywhere in Medellin, even to the bad barrios and they've never been bothered.

You might be reading old news, like when Escobar was alive.

I've been in Medellin twice and felt very safe there. Don't listen to crap or you'll end up having a bad vacation. It's said that you attract into your life what you think about it, and that's why I don't even watch news on TV; and that's why I'm very positive about life.

Jimmydr
09-13-2010, 03:14 PM
Man, I don't know what member you're listening to. I know of two guys, Johnny who lives there and Vic who visit for long stretches and those two go anywhere in Medellin, even to the bad barrios and they've never been bothered.

I've been in Medellin twice and felt very safe there. Don't listen to crap or you'll end up having a bad vacation. It's said that you attract into your life what you think about it, and that's why I don't even watch news on TV; and that's why I'm very positive about life.

200 people get murdered monthly in the barrios. You can go to the bad barrios with people that live there but I myself have no reason to go to any of them.

Maretti
09-13-2010, 03:37 PM
200 people get murdered monthly in the barrios. You can go to the bad barrios with people that live there but I myself have no reason to go to any of them.
Same here, but you know that Parcero goes everywhere!

Jimmydr
09-13-2010, 03:39 PM
Same here, but you know that Parcero goes everywhere!

You can only get murdered once. Work place at the work time and game over.

Nakom
09-13-2010, 03:43 PM
I was with Tallis for our 10 day trip and I have to say that Sosua was as safe for me as either of my other 2 trips. The only trouble we had was Club X one night (two chicas tried to pick-pocket me) and we never went back. We normally ate dinner around 11:00 or later and hit the bars from after that anywhere until 2:00 - 5:00 am.

I thought there was plenty of quality chicas around all the time (and I am very picky). If you travel with wingmen and mind your own buisness there is is no reason to feel unsafe. Party with chicas and avoid local men and nobody will bother you. The Saturday in question we left Classicos at 3:00 and went back to the villa, so we missed the 'fireworks'. That may have changed my mind......

BorisDaBulletDodger
09-13-2010, 04:00 PM
Did you ever hear of the militia killing a tourists? If you're talking about the Paras, they could be (as long as you don't interfere with their business) your best friends.

Actually 2 years ago when I went, a private driver was arranged for us by the great people of the Mansion for a tour of Medellin strip clubs. I was with 2 other mongerers I met at the Mansion.

I have been told that I am look intimidating, mostly because I am big into bodybuilding, but I guess the military found me suspicous that week. I was searched at gunpoint once at Mayrista, and questioned at Mango's. Both times I thought I was going to be shaken down by the military, but they were just checking my passport, and for weapons. I did not pay a single peso, which I of course would have payed if they asked.

In Mayorista, I have been told that even the criminals that control Mayorista do not want violence and it is in their best interest to not have any violence down there since it would mess with their income.

I was amazed with the amount of Military that was down there, and some of the people from down there told me it was a sensitive week I was down there because a war was brewing since that weekend a big boss was arrested and there was a fight for power. However I was very careful and never felt unsafe, nervous yes, but not unsafe. I would certainly return for more soon.

Jimmydr
09-13-2010, 04:05 PM
Actually 2 years ago when I went, a private driver was arranged for us by the great people of the Mansion for a tour of Medellin strip clubs. I was with 2 other mongerers I met at the Mansion.

I have been told that I am look intimidating, mostly because I am big into bodybuilding, but I guess the military found me suspicous that week. I was searched at gunpoint once at Mayrista, and questioned at Mango's. Both times I thought I was going to be shaken down by the military, but they were just checking my passport, and for weapons. I did not pay a single peso, which I of course would have payed if they asked.

In Mayorista, I have been told that even the criminals that control Mayorista do not want violence and it is in their best interest to not have any violence down there since it would mess with their income.

I was amazed with the amount of Military that was down there, and some of the people from down there told me it was a sensitive week I was down there because a war was brewing since that weekend a big boss was arrested and there was a fight for power. However I was very careful and never felt unsafe, nervous yes, but not unsafe. I would certainly return for more soon.

How about a trip report?

Apos
09-13-2010, 04:07 PM
:confused::confused::confused:
You can only get murdered once. Work place at the work time and game over.
Are you trying to subliminally say that work is wrong? :rolleyes::lol:

Jimmydr
09-13-2010, 04:08 PM
:confused::confused::confused:
Are you trying to subliminally say that work is wrong? :rolleyes::lol:

Wrong place at the wrong time, but work is wrong.

Tiger
09-13-2010, 04:14 PM
It seems quality in general dropped as more and more mongers showed up who drifted towards larger less attractive women. As a result chicas in this subset showed up in larger numbers and literally camped out. In example some chicks now hanging out at the NG even came out of retirement to milk this trend. Don't want to step on anyone's preferences, but there was a time when you couldn't find a fat woman on the strip or in the discos working. They knew it was a waste of time to come out because they weren't going to get any customers. Call it the americanization of Sousa.

I'm glad somebody like the thick chicas. They are not for me but guys that favor them leave the flacca chicas alone. Works for me.

Tiger
09-13-2010, 04:19 PM
I have been to Sosua many times and never felt threatened. It is actually just the opposite. I always feel very safe on the streets. I usually don't head back to room until 2 AM or so and many times stay at classicos for the closing parade.

BorisDaBulletDodger
09-13-2010, 04:24 PM

I agree with you, I think Medellin has changed a lot thanks to Uribe the president over there, but you should still be cautious. The same rules of dressing down, being cautious, no flashy jewlery applies over there.

When I first arrived to the Mansion, which was in Poblado, one of the nicer parts of Colombia, I was amazed of how much it looked like Miami, except with much more crappier cars. I was expecting tanks, fatigues, dirt roads and chickens and parrots clucking everywhere and amigos listening to techno music dancing and jumping on coca leaves. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of shitty parts, but Poblado was very nice, and the Envio Mall was like an american style mall with a beautiful supermarket, like the ones we find in the states. Also in the mall, I don't think you could go 50 yards without seeing security.

I think as long as you stay in the nicer parts of Medellin you will be fine, and the girls there are the best I have ever seen for my taste. I like slim fit, spinners and all different shades. The hills and mountians these girls have to walk up and down, combined with the thin air, is a recipe for one fine Chica .......and apparently coffee and cocaine.

The big difference i found is that in Sosua, CR and other famous mongering cities, you can get by without spanish, in Medellin, you are screwed if you do not know basic spanish.

However the private driver that was arranged for me was $12/hr, which split 3 ways was $4/hr which was basically our tour guide, and translator.

vewdew
09-13-2010, 05:10 PM
So give us some trip reports.:biggrin:

Jimmy I just started mongering last year, And my first country was Mexico and it sucked pricewise, Escorts mainly $250.00 to $300.00 an hour, but did go to zona 21, very aggressive chicas and was $100.00 but way to many chulos outside and drug dealers, I felt out of place there at zona 21.

psriches
09-13-2010, 05:12 PM
It seems quality in general dropped as more and more mongers showed up who drifted towards larger less attractive women. As a result chicas in this subset showed up in larger numbers and literally camped out. In example some chicks now hanging out at the NG even came out of retirement to milk this trend. Don't want to step on anyone's preferences, but there was a time when you couldn't find a fat woman on the strip or in the discos working. They knew it was a waste of time to come out because they weren't going to get any customers. Call it the americanization of Sousa.It's funny, alot of guys tend to stick with what they're used to or what there preferences are. I've seen friends who are used to 4's and 5's at home travel with me to Sosua and end up with the same 4's and 5's. I even scolded a friend one time, asking him why would he choose a 4 with all these 9's walking around? But that's what he wanted.

I traveled all the way to Brazil with the bootylicious good good all around me, but yet i still searched out the flacas. Go figure!!:eek:

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/42094c8e94d4e77e8.jpg

BorisDaBulletDodger
09-13-2010, 05:20 PM
How about a trip report?

Funny as you mentioned that, I plan on making a well detailed trip report on my next DR trip next in 9 days. I have made several major mistakes in my recent mongering trips that I plan to fix and feel guilty everytime of not returning to ISG or ISOC everytime I came back.

I would like to do a very nice report, one worthy of earning a sticky, but always seem to not get all the info or facts correctly.

I plan on taking detailed notes this time and possibly doing a daily diary since they will have a computer at BB's where I plan to set up shop.

I also have been making a list of goals that I would like to accomplish on this trip, and record the journey of accomplishing that goal list.

Although I am at BB's, I plan on spending time at Sosua, and Cabarete and POP. I am renting a car, and figured I could find other wingmen once I land at BB's. I don't consider this my last trip to BB's but plan on spliting up the nights next times. Like I am spending 4 days at BB's this time, but next time 2 days BB and 2 days NG. Like I say sometimes, I love Mcdonalds, but every once in a while I gotta go to Burger King.

I plan to bring my droid with me, even though I don't plan on using it, I can type quick notes into the phone, for reports in addition to pictures and videos. Also it is wifi capable so I can check reports on the go.

It seemed like my biggest problem on my trips is not remembering or writing down chicas names and or locations I was at. I guess once the leche is gone, it is like restarting the computer, and everything I worked on was not properly saved.

I am hoping to not disappoint you and other brothers on this next trip, since I think I prepare myself more on every trip.

I figured after paying the 20year membership, it is the least I can do which was a big mistake not paying earlier, I didn't realize how much I was missing out on in the premium section.

Any pointers or hints on building a great trip report would be appreciated.

Jimmydr
09-13-2010, 05:47 PM
Funny as you mentioned that, I plan on making a well detailed trip report on my next DR trip next in 9 days. I have made several major mistakes in my recent mongering trips that I plan to fix and feel guilty everytime of not returning to ISG or ISOC everytime I came back.

I would like to do a very nice report, one worthy of earning a sticky, but always seem to not get all the info or facts correctly.

I plan on taking detailed notes this time and possibly doing a daily diary since they will have a computer at BB's where I plan to set up shop.

I also have been making a list of goals that I would like to accomplish on this trip, and record the journey of accomplishing that goal list.

Although I am at BB's, I plan on spending time at Sosua, and Cabarete and POP. I am renting a car, and figured I could find other wingmen once I land at BB's. I don't consider this my last trip to BB's but plan on spliting up the nights next times. Like I am spending 4 days at BB's this time, but next time 2 days BB and 2 days NG. Like I say sometimes, I love Mcdonalds, but every once in a while I gotta go to Burger King.

I plan to bring my droid with me, even though I don't plan on using it, I can type quick notes into the phone, for reports in addition to pictures and videos. Also it is wifi capable so I can check reports on the go.

It seemed like my biggest problem on my trips is not remembering or writing down chicas names and or locations I was at. I guess once the leche is gone, it is like restarting the computer, and everything I worked on was not properly saved.

I am hoping to not disappoint you and other brothers on this next trip, since I think I prepare myself more on every trip.

I figured after paying the 20year membership, it is the least I can do which was a big mistake not paying earlier, I didn't realize how much I was missing out on in the premium section.

This is the beginning of a great trip report. Names are not that important, make them up as you go.

princepointe
09-13-2010, 06:17 PM

Use memory joggers. I used my iPhone. whenever something like a name, event, or price came up i'd type it into the iPhone notepad and transfer it to my computer as soon as I could. Helped me keep a almost daily report going.

WickedWillie
09-13-2010, 06:25 PM
This is the beginning of a great trip report. Names are not that important, make them up as you go.

Oh no another embellished trip report:lol::lol::lol:

Jimmydr
09-13-2010, 06:26 PM
Oh no another embellished trip report:lol::lol::lol:

If you read my reports, most of the names I use are not the chicas' real names.

questner
09-13-2010, 06:31 PM
Is it a tropical depression, or a new hobbying level, but to my total embarassment I found out today that I unknowingly repeated recently with Elena, 22 years old tall flaca from Puerto Plata. :surprised: I have been looking at my December photo prints when I saw her image, one in my bedroom and the second on a motoconcho. I have totally forgotten her since December trip and did not recognized her this September. There was something vaguely familiar but not more than that. Am I a professional fucker?:rofl:

One night I was really depressed with a lack of good choice only to be seduced by 40 DD chested Monica near Seacrets. She was rather from the hall of shame in looks, but absolutely clean and did a good job. I was not interested in her jugs so I pounded her culito suave then mercilessly and shooted a double load into her ass filling half a condom. Still there was no satisfaction. She offered then a tag team but appeared two days later with even more monstrous chica. I passed.

hughgrection
09-13-2010, 06:35 PM
If you read my reports, most of the names I use are not the chicas' real names.

DUM DE DUM "THE NAMES HAVE BEEN CHANGED TO PROTECT THE GUILTY":)

bklyndrguy
09-13-2010, 08:24 PM
just came back i was in sosua 4 night sorry i have no report cuz i didnt do shit all day and just clubing all night but whoever saids that its a danger to be out late come on i was out every single night till 5 and 6 in the morning i didi the lil bars than clasico till closing and than after one i didnt have any problam with noone friday night i left after one at 7 in the morning why should anyone bother me ? i allways feel safe at any hour if the night ill be back next week for 2 weeks and plan to do the same

getrhythm
09-13-2010, 08:28 PM
You want a 'tropical depression' - try a Monday night here. Absolutely phucking dead everywhere - the strip, New Garden, you name it. The cool thing is Nadal/Djokovic got delayed, so at least there's a hell of a tennis match to watch.

Curious to go out to the strip later to see if it picks up, but it may not be worth the effort...

Gutter Meat
09-13-2010, 08:47 PM
Last night the strip was dead as a door nail, police takin chicas to jail. Since the strip was dead made my way to to Clasicos. Place was full but not packed. The ratio was 50/50 no better.
Theres a new place in town trying to compete with Passions , don't know if its been discused yet on this board. Its called Caribeans Men's Paradise. Its located right across the street from Club Residential hotel.This place is basicly a watered down version of Passions. The girls arent dressed in any uniform and they look like the typical ones you see on the strip.

slim26
09-13-2010, 08:52 PM
How was "Winner's Circle"? The joint right across the street from Classicos.. Thats my hang out spot...

Gutter Meat
09-13-2010, 09:03 PM
There was a few hanging out at the Winners Circle last night including myself. I like that place...Good music , very Cold Presidentes and they are only 70 Pesos.

LJDMV
09-13-2010, 09:07 PM
Last night the strip was dead as a door nail, police takin chicas to jail. Since the strip was dead made my way to to Clasicos. Place was full but not packed. The ratio was 50/50 no better.
Theres a new place in town trying to compete with Passions , don't know if its been discused yet on this board. Its called Caribeans Men's Paradise. Its located right across the street from Club Residential hotel.This place is basicly a watered down version of Passions. The girls arent dressed in any uniform and they look like the typical ones you see on the strip.

Any info on specific prices at the new place?

Gutter Meat
09-13-2010, 09:53 PM
Any info on specific prices at the new place?

They have a menu like passions but don't remember preices off hand but they were cheaper than passions. I remember seeing 30 minutes in pool for 500 pesos.

SeaWeed
09-13-2010, 09:54 PM
Last night the strip was dead as a door nail, police takin chicas to jail. doesn't sound like the Sosua that I know - or did know

bklyndrguy
09-13-2010, 10:04 PM
i went to this new place and to be honest i love it more than passions had way more fun

bklyndrguy
09-13-2010, 10:07 PM
How was "Winner's Circle"? The joint right across the street from Classicos.. Thats my hang out spot...
i did spend one night for a bit in winner circle and its not like it used to be back in the days i used to have way to much fun in that place but its all dead ya the music is great

CaseOne
09-13-2010, 10:09 PM
yeah, but my #1 favorita is in santiago right now and for the other ones i'm not in the mood for. so i had to do a sunday afternoon st... let's see what/who is next...

btw, i was at the rumba bar twice last week and i liked it actually. both times i was there with company though. i'd never go to el flow. it is so hot in there.. buaaah

overall i'm really disappointed regarding STs this trip. very few real good looking on the strip. it isn't that easy anymore to just walk around and take one with you who you DO NOT know!

next summer i'll be somewhere else i think ( but never say never... haha)

You'll be back at Classicos lol

CaseOne
09-13-2010, 10:12 PM
just came back i was in sosua 4 night sorry i have no report cuz i didnt do shit all day and just clubing all night but whoever saids that its a danger to be out late come on i was out every single night till 5 and 6 in the morning i didi the lil bars than clasico till closing and than after one i didnt have any problam with noone friday night i left after one at 7 in the morning why should anyone bother me ? i allways feel safe at any hour if the night ill be back next week for 2 weeks and plan to do the same

my experience was the same..went to classicos around 1 am..partied till it closed..went to the club in the casino afterwards..usually with a chica i picked up at classicos..tln 1500 - 2k..slept the hangover away all day..and did it again the next day

adios
09-13-2010, 10:46 PM
You'll be back at Classicos lol

tonight for sure!!! hehehe

CaseOne
09-13-2010, 11:11 PM
tonight for sure!!! hehehe

have fun my friend..have a couple of brugal con cranberries for me

Gutter Meat
09-13-2010, 11:25 PM
I'm en route to the Sosua strip at this time, expecting a slow night.

TONYTNT40
09-14-2010, 12:03 AM
They have a menu like passions but don't remember preices off hand but they were cheaper than passions. I remember seeing 30 minutes in pool fot 500 pesos.

WTF? Do you know, what that includes? I hope you get to do more than swim.

Gutter Meat
09-14-2010, 02:50 AM
3am and back from Sosua strip. There's Definitely a crack down going on now that I observed what was going on. Besides the strip already being dead, the police were hauling in any girl that walked between Clasicos and Latinos. The quality of any chica that was out was the regular hard core, bad breath smoking, tatoo scared fuglies. Its that bad folks!!!! I guess the new mayor is trying to prove herself. Actually I can't wait to go home because I'm that bored here. I will monitor things from back home till things hopefully recover.

princepointe
09-14-2010, 02:52 AM
So the question is "Is it illegal to be out at those open air bars after a certain time"?

Gutter Meat
09-14-2010, 03:10 AM
So the question is "Is it illegal to be out at those open air bars after a certain time"?

If you are Dominican and have a vagina the answer is yes ...other than that the answer is no.

hugrad95a
09-14-2010, 03:17 AM
Dude its Monday night. Its always dead on Monday. You should have found something to wife up for the day.

gdogg
09-14-2010, 04:09 AM
WTF? Do you know, what that includes? I hope you get to do more than swim.

You also get to converse!!
:rofl:

pixall7887
09-14-2010, 05:35 AM
I've read some posts from past years and i never heard of things this bad. Even in slow season which has been brought up a few times. I don't know about r.i.p yet but she sure is bleeding profusely. She might lose a leg and an arm and look an awful lot like boca chica. Not attractive at all.

greydread
09-14-2010, 06:27 AM
I've read some posts from past years and i never heard of things this bad. Even in slow season which has been brought up a few times. I don't know about r.i.p yet but she sure is bleeding profusely. She might lose a leg and an arm and look an awful lot like boca chica. Not attractive at all.

Maybe they're just trying to push the "action" into the shadows. Boca Chica is way live if you know where to go and way dead if you don't. Tourism is a third of the GDP of the DR and the cash cow of the Republic. Guys running up and down the streets after hootchis in hot pants and tube tops thraten the family / couples tourist trade and everyone there knows that the majority of tourist $$ don't come from mongers.

Sex trade isn't going away. It's just getting reigned in a bit and I wouldn't panic just yet. Maybe it's time to hit a few alternate locations while Sosua sorts itself out.

bklyndrguy
09-14-2010, 06:42 AM
yes it is low season but i never ever saw it lie that ive been many times in low season and what i saw last week was wow i didnt see much of the police but the street was really empty ill be back next week hopefully things will be batter

getrhythm
09-14-2010, 07:33 AM
Yes, things are a touch bleak during the weekdays at the moment, but it doesn't seem to have affected things too much on the weekends as of yet, as Classicos turnout has remained high. But as others here have said, you just have to adapt. Anyone who's been here very much should have a backlog of tel #'s they can call and maybe line something up during the day for later. After all, these chicas still need to get their dinero somehow.

LJDMV
09-14-2010, 09:09 AM
I am sure that even with things slow there it is still better to visit there for a few days if u know how to work it. Get in during the weekend and get s many numbers of the hot girls as possible then on the slow days during the week. U call the numbers and hook up dates with the chicas at a slow season rate. Also there is always passion and the new place that opened that will have girls during the weekdays. Hell, u r still getting a good deal on the prices there rather than being here in the usa and paying any of the prices they r charging here. Unless it is your first visit to sosua u should know how and where to find the nice chicas even when the strip is slow.

hugrad95a
09-14-2010, 09:59 AM
Maybe they're just trying to push the "action" into the shadows. Boca Chica is way live if you know where to go and way dead if you don't. Tourism is a third of the GDP of the DR and the cash cow of the Republic.

Guys running up and down the streets after hootchis in hot pants and tube tops thraten the family / couples tourist trade and everyone there knows that the majority of tourist $$ don't come from mongers.

Sex trade isn't going away. It's just getting reigned in a bit and I wouldn't panic just yet. Maybe it's time to hit a few alternate locations while Sosua sorts itself out.

I disagree with your point about who funds the town, I do think the majority of the dollars there do come from mongers/single male nightlife. Case in point look at the strip. The strip is built for drinking some eating and chasing chicks. There are nothing but bars, and a few restaurants on the strip. AI families are not gonna go to the bars or restaurants because they have already paid for the drinks in the package.

If we boycotted Sosua we would end the businesses of New Garden,Jhad's hotel, Classico's, Big D's, motoconchos' Rocky's and other hotels in the area. We would leave town thus the girls would leave and who is going to patronize the town's businesses.

These are businesses that can charge more money than non tourist establishments with no problem. Case in point I went to a bar in Puerto Plata which was a dominican hangout and the beers there were about 40 pesos, which is less than then bars in Sosua.

When families travel to the DR, some like to do AI because its cost effective. So are they trying to attract more non-pros to the bars to hang out. I'm all for that with no problems. Do they want more couples to hangout, I dont know about that one. I am really interested how this will playout.

The smart businessman will take advantage of this situation buy offering the girls half price drinks for them to stay at his bar,thus letting the girls hang out at his bar, thus attracting the guys.

Honestly, the government of Sosua needs to get its own house in order before remaking the town. They are what like 13 milliion pesos in the hole through their own mismanagement. Bills still havent been paid, where's the money gonna come from to pay the debts?

How about start with the homeless kid situation. Get the little Dominican and Haitian kids off the streets. Then clean up the trash, then make panhandling illegal on the strip and the beach. Then have the police remove anyone with after midnight without a cedula.

Someone mentioned before how Dominicans are Catholics and are more conservative. Latino's are mostly catholic but, I always seem to see them selling sexuality on TV more than us Americans look at their tv shows, dancing and clothes. So I dont buy that Sosua is an afront to their religion.

I could see that they would want to push the current establishment out and sell the property to AI's.

Jimmydr
09-14-2010, 10:06 AM
Honestly, the government of Sosua needs to get its own house in order before remaking the town. They are what like 13 milliion pesos in the hole through their own mismanagement. Bills still havent been paid, where's the money gonna come from to pay the debts?

The Cities that matter are Santo Domingo, Santiago and Puerto Plata. There are 10,000 voting districts and Sosua is just one of them. It really doesn't matter much. There is only 1 "AI" there while POP has maybe 15, PC has many more than that and Caberete has a few.

JD426
09-14-2010, 10:28 AM
Ironically, I think in the short term this crackdown will make people even LESS safe. Kick the putas off the strip, the only hustlers left will be thieves , pickpockets , and the few desperate chulos, not to mention the businesses which will be CLOSED DOWN. Without the large #s of grinos doing the stroll, walking the streets will not be safe at all esp at 3-4 am, anywhere . Once that happens perhaps noone will come for a short time til they get it all set up indoors in casas, as the comparison was made with Boca chica. and where is BC today ?? they can keep it. And we all know how efficient the dominicans are. Whats the timeframe for all this change ?
This mayor has her head up her ASS, as most dominicans do ,because they are too stupid to attack the real problems so she is using a show of force which will perpetuate even more violence.
A DOMINICAN WOMAN doing what she thinks is best for us, yeagh thats a great formula for a whore town.

vewdew
09-14-2010, 11:02 AM
Man you guys dont get it, The Mayor is eleminating the competition, so she can be the only puta on the strip.

Just think how much money she will make :)

papi_sosua
09-14-2010, 11:19 AM
Just talked to a friend of mine who lives permanently in Sosua. He said that single chicas are no longer welcome on the beach with police being posted at the beach entrances.

Anybody can corroborate or refute that observation?

hugrad95a
09-14-2010, 11:22 AM
Just talked to a friend of mine who lives permanently in Sosua. He said that single chicas are no longer welcome on the beach with police being posted at the beach entrances.

That makes no sense at all. It's not a communist country the last time I checked.

Tiger
09-14-2010, 11:38 AM
I have been to Sosua many times and I just don't buy all this stuff. Maybe some of the guys are just expecting too much. Although I must say that I have never been there during the summertime when it is probably much slower. My trips are usually Dec and Jan. I will be interested in hearing Jimbos, NTs OMs and TNTs take on all this. There go more often than I do and I think we all party simular. I will be there again this Dec and I don't expect any difference.

Maybe I will be supprised.............

Jimmydr
09-14-2010, 11:41 AM
I have been to Sosua many times and I just don't buy all this stuff. Maybe some of the guys are just expecting too much. Although I must say that I have never been there during the summertime when it is probably much slower. My trips are usually Dec and Jan. I will be interested in hearing Jimbos, NTs OMs and TNTs take on all this. There go more often than I do and I think we all party simular. I will be there again this Dec and I don't expect any difference.

Maybe I will be supprised.............

So we have to wait 4 more months for more awesome reports?

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?t=245400

voltage69
09-14-2010, 11:45 AM
Yeah i dont see how they could ban chicas from the beach .. or even the streets considering that prostitution is legal in the DR. It'll be a sad day financially for sosua if they get rid of the chicas. Who is going to vacation in a 2x nothing town. El batey and charamicos will starve to death.

ralphie1
09-14-2010, 11:45 AM
That makes no sense at all. It's not a communist country the last time I checked.

it may not be a communist country, but it is a third world country. we americans think our rights follow us where ever we go. not the way it works.

we leave our shores, we become a guest in their country. their house, their rules, no matter how stupid and counter productive they may seem

vewdew
09-14-2010, 11:46 AM

I agree.

Unless they are targeting same hardcore putas that been arrested several times, like in other words telling them "You are not welcome in Sosua? "

But banning single females from the beach that does not make sense, and neither do I sometimes.
:question::yelquestion::question::yelquestion::question::yelquestion::question::yelquestion::question::yelquestion::question::yelquestion::question::yelquestion::question::yelquestion::question::yelquestion::question::yelquestion::question::yelquestion::question::yelquestion::question::yelquestion::question::yelquestion::yelquestion::question::yelquestion::question::yelquestion:

Jimmydr
09-14-2010, 11:48 AM
I agree.

Unless they are targeting same hardcore putas that been arrested several times, like in other words telling them "You are not welcome in Sosua? "

But banning single females from the beach that does not make sense, and neither do I sometimes.
:question::yelquestion::question::yelquestion::question::yelquestion::question::yelquestion::question::yelquestion::question::yelquestion::question::yelquestion::question::yelquestion::question::yelquestion::question::yelquestion::question::yelquestion::question::yelquestion::question::yelquestion::question::yelquestion::yelquestion::question::yelquestion::question::yelquestion:

They do that in NY and LA all the time. They stop hookers and question them and even arrest them if they are in certain areas.

princepointe
09-14-2010, 11:48 AM
This "paranoia" is crazy. Like my homie said "Sosua isn't a communist country". Cops aren't going to be grabbing random chicks in the middle of the day locking them up. First off if this mayor wants to get reelected (and clearly she does) she won't have her cops just randomly throwing single women in jail. There is a standard the cops are using to ID the "hookers". There isn't a marshal law that says single women have to be in by 10pm. This mayor is trying to make an impact. I mean how new is she? A month. Of course shes all anti-prostitution. Most educated women are. Soon she will realize that the prostitutes are smarter and more organized than her administration (or lack there of). Sex tourism sustains Sosua. No question. They know that and we should know that. This type of "crackdown" on prostitution has been happening for thousands of years. From Rome to New York. Peaks and valleys my friends. Nothing worth it's weight stays the same. Times change and so should we.

Jimmydr
09-14-2010, 11:49 AM
This "paranoia" is crazy. Like my homie said "Sosua isn't a communist country". Cops aren't going to be grabbing random chicks in the middle of the day locking them up. First off if this mayor wants to get reelected (and clearly she does) she won't have her cops just randomly throwing single women in jail.

Most of the chicas are not from Sosua, therefore they can't vote for the Mayor.

Si_Poppi
09-14-2010, 11:50 AM
I have been to Sosua many times and I just don't buy all this stuff. Maybe some of the guys are just expecting too much. Although I must say that I have never been there during the summertime when it is probably much slower.I have never been to Sosua during one of these crack downs but I don't doubt the accuracy of these reports at all.
These guys are seasoned veterans who know what they are talking about.

Numerous chicas go to Sosua and end up making fuck all and now throw in the prospect of getting arrested, obviously many will stay the fuck away. :(

Jimmydr
09-14-2010, 11:50 AM
There isn't a marshal law that says single women have to be in by 10pm.

This occured in 2004 as well. My amiga was arrested because she was out after 10PM. They can do what ever they want.

TONYTNT40
09-14-2010, 11:53 AM
You also get to converse!!
:rofl:

Let me quote PT Barnum,"theres a sucker born every day, especially in Sosua."

princepointe
09-14-2010, 11:54 AM
Most of the chicas are not from Sosua, therefore they can't vote for the Mayor.

That's true however she is aware that if HER police force are harassing the locals (who are friends with the out of towners) that do vote, then she could have a problem come reelection. Politics is a big popularity contest. If you piss off the workers of your district (NG type hotels and prostitutes) then what do you think will happen next election? As so many cats on here have claimed, most women in Sosua are pros or semi pros. I'm willing to bet this dies down in a few months at the worse.

princepointe
09-14-2010, 11:57 AM
This occured in 2004 as well. My amiga was arrested because she was out after 10PM. They can do what ever they want.

Oh I know the CAN do whatever they want but there are consequences. I'm not arguing the fact that it's happening necessarily. I just don't think it's the END or death of Sosua as some claim. Like you said, this happened in 2004. I heard a few years after also but it stopped. Economically and politically "stopping" prostitution is ill advised.

Si_Poppi
09-14-2010, 11:58 AM
I'm willing to bet this dies down in a few months at the worse.I think you are right.
I hope you are right.
But I do think that things are as bad as we are hearing right now.
This bad news is coming from very credible sources.

papi_sosua
09-14-2010, 11:58 AM
I have been told that it is not so much the new mayor that is the driving force but the new police chief. And he gets his orders from Santo Domingo, not from the ayuntamiento of Sosua.

That's true however she is aware that if HER police force are harassing the locals (who are friends with the out of towners) that do vote, then she could have a problem come reelection. Politics is a big popularity contest. If you piss off the workers of your district (NG type hotels and prostitutes) then what do you think will happen next election? As so many cats on here have claimed, most women in Sosua are pros or semi pros. I'm willing to bet this dies down in a few months at the worse.

Jimmydr
09-14-2010, 11:59 AM

You really have no idea how things work there. The actual people that do vote, you never pass because they never really come to Sosua Centro. The Hotel Owners, most are residents and they don't vote either.

princepointe
09-14-2010, 12:01 PM
I have been told that it is not so much the new mayor that is the driving force but the new police chief. And he gets his orders from Santo Domingo, not from the ayuntamiento of Sosua.

Interesting. I'm personally glad my trip was off the chain. I'll tell you what. If they try some bullshit like this the next time i'm there i'm gonna have some off the chain villa parties. lol.

Jimmydr
09-14-2010, 12:02 PM
Interesting. I'm personally glad my trip was off the chain. I'll tell you what. If they try some bullshit like this the next time i'm there i'm gonna have some off the chain villa parties. lol.

Chances are you won't notice any differences for a long while. Each trip will be better than the last trip.

princepointe
09-14-2010, 12:10 PM
You really have no idea how things work there. The actual people that do vote, you never pass because they never really come to Sosua Centro. The Hotel Owners, most are residents and they don't vote either.

I get what your saying man but I do know politics. Hell it's kinda what I do. Sosua is no where near Mexican politics. Regardless of who votes and who doesn't vote I think we can agree that there is no sustainable source of income in Sosua other than prostitution. Correct? Now who funds campaigns of democratic politicians? Business owners. Now if you "ban" prostitution in Sosua who hurts the most? Not prostitutes. They can just go elsewhere. Not us, we can just go elsewhere. It's the brick and mortar businesses like NG, Baileys, Classico's, and other spots that are going to feel it. Regardless of what either one of us thinks Sosua will balance out soon enough. It's supply and demand.

Jimmydr
09-14-2010, 12:13 PM
It's the brick and mortar businesses like NG, Baileys, Classico's, and other spots that are going to feel it. Regardless of what either one of us thinks Sosua will balance out soon enough. It's supply and demand.

Dominicans don't own those business's so they couldn't care less if they folded.

I think Sosua has a population of about 10,000, maybe someone else has the actual number, but Sosua by itself, really is nothing to most Dominican people.

hugrad95a
09-14-2010, 12:15 PM
You just gotta adapt, get numbers from chicks at Classico's, go out to the Puerto Plata bars at night and set up day time action, get your spanish up and holla at these chicks like regular girls and not like number a 3 happy meal.

Sosua in its current form might be ending. But hell there is the internet. Dominican Cupid might be the next new frontier. How hard can it be to stay ahead of a local government that can't even run the budget correctly.

At the worst we all head to Blackbeards or New Gardens for quarterly or yearly ISOC conventions. lol What this means is there may be more girls hanging around NG.

Its not like they can just go out and a get a job. What I hope doesn't happen is an increase in crime which is probably likely.

If Sosua, were to outlaw pro's I would just go back to Blackbeards, hit up Crystal's and try to get the girls on the sly. But I would still go to Big D's, Mofongo King, Baileys and Rocky's for food.

voltage69
09-14-2010, 12:20 PM
when they arrest the single girls.. they arrest them for loitering not prostitution since its legal.. seems more like they shoud be doing that more with the dominican men than the women. the women are working.. the men are loitering.

Jimmydr
09-14-2010, 12:20 PM
You just gotta adapt, get numbers from chicks at Classico's, go out to the Puerto Plata bars at night and set up day time action, get your spanish up and holla at these chicks like regular girls and not like number a 3 happy meal.

There is a core group that will never learn Spanish, those will be the guys that will be lost.

Jimmydr
09-14-2010, 12:21 PM
when they arrest the single girls.. they arrest them for loitering not prostitution since its legal.. seems more like they shoud be doing that more with the dominican men than the women. the women are working.. the men are loitering.

The men can't pay the fines. They are not all pimps.

hugrad95a
09-14-2010, 12:24 PM
Sosua reminds me of Hamsterdam from the wire.

YouTube - The Wire: Hamsterdam

Gutter Meat
09-14-2010, 12:25 PM
For those who know me know I've been comin down here for a long time and often. The crack down is huge ...They had police posted at both ends of the strip last night ..some at Fat hermans and then by Clasicos and a few in between clasicos and Latinos. Tonight I will take pictures of the strip and post them when I get home. The only way girls are geting into Clasicos is if they are moto conchod in and then go right upstairs. There no hanging out on the sidewalks!!!! I love hanging out in Bar Central watching the parade go back and forth but that is non existant now.

hugrad95a
09-14-2010, 12:28 PM
There is a core group that will never learn Spanish, those will be the guys that will be lost.

They will just be confined to Blackbeards while the rest of us will be all over the country.

Its survival of fittest. My spanish will be on point when this all ends, but I will still be running around in the DR unless chicks stop liking American Men.

To me the worst case scenario is few Blackbeards type of resorts, confine the chica's to a few hotels.

princepointe
09-14-2010, 12:29 PM
Sosua reminds me of Hamsterdam from the wire.

YouTube - The Wire: Hamsterdam (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoiJRKwiC1Y)

I couldnt put it better myself. Great show btw

slim26
09-14-2010, 12:31 PM
cats paying 500 pesos to sit in a pool and talk to a chica(possibly grope her as well?)... lol

hugrad95a
09-14-2010, 12:31 PM
For those who know me know I've been comin down here for a long time and often. The crack down is huge ...They had police posted at both ends of the strip last night ..some at Fat hermans and then by Clasicos and a few in between clasicos and Latinos. Tonight I will take pictures of the strip and post them when I get home. The only way girls are geting into Clasicos is if they are moto conchod in and then go right upstairs. There no hanging out on the sidewalks!!!! I love hanging out in Bar Central watching the parade go back and forth but that is non existant now.

So here are the questions that I have for you.

Can the chicks sit at the bar's if they are ordering drinks. Can they hangout at the tables at El Flow or Rumba if they are buying drinks.

hugrad95a
09-14-2010, 12:35 PM
Like every thing in the world we just have to adjust and adapt. I'm still gonna chase the chica's

Jimmydr
09-14-2010, 12:39 PM
Like every thing in the world we just have to adjust and adapt. I'm still gonna chase the chica's

There will always be chicas looking for money, all over the world.

Navyblue25
09-14-2010, 12:42 PM
As Jimmy stated this did happen back in 2004. They would pick the girls up walking on the streets if they did not have an escort (Tourist/dominican). Some women would ask you to walk with them from Latinos to Classico to not be bothered with. This has happened before in Sosua. Once business dollars start to drop and tourists are no longer coming, they will have a change of heart. If you cut the heart out of a city it will die.

hugrad95a
09-14-2010, 12:45 PM
Actually at Blackbeards you get head in the pool and a chance to see if the chick is worth pulling back to the room. So for those chicks you may be on the fence about that is not a bad option.

DMV
09-14-2010, 12:45 PM

Hasn't this been a rule/law for a while. I had a regular chica tell me she had to catch a moto home because where she lived she couldn't walk on the street because she might get arrested. This was two yrs ago.

JD426
09-14-2010, 12:56 PM
I want to be the first on record to state that this Mayor will have a VERY short Career. (not saying anything bad should befall her) She is tipping over way too many apple carts & no positive change will come out of it.
Her actions are PURE EMOTION (ie balming the bad dirty putas for all of Sosuas problems ) , & there is not an ounce of rational thinking in her plan if she even has one. And the bottom line is HOW the F** is any of this going to pay off all the defaulted Bills ? She has taken a job she is clearly not qualified for.
I can smell the burning tires already.

sosuaman
09-14-2010, 12:58 PM
Doesn't sound great - but time will tell

My friends visiting there now and other friends that live there tell me the "vibe" on the street is a bit different.
There is a sense of desperation in the air - more so than in previous years

There are way too many Haitians living on the street in Sosua - pestering people, begging for money and in some cases following people home - I was told of a few scary incidents recently. Plus when you hit Classicos there are way too many Haitian chicas hanging out looking for your money - anyway they can get it

I have friend in the Neptuno and there have been numerous break ins lately - not good
And these people live on the 3rd floor!

I still believe you can make your own world down there..

Go to La Passions - beautiful chicas there - as you all know
Go to Classicos at nite to pull phone numbers of chicas and arrange to meet them during the day and keep them until nite etc.
Go to the carwashes during the day in PP - usually lots of chicas
Go to Cabarete for the day/nite - beautiful beach with bars and restaurants
Go to Crystals or El Bohem in PP and pull some phone numbers out of there for beach/disco action - save a ton of money this way - I have done it many times
Hit the beach during the day - look for chicas there
Work the chicas that work in the bars and restaurants
Everyone there is hurting for money - so ANY chica is a potential "date"
This creates another reason to keep and accumulate chica's phone numbers - when you get there call them and make arrangements - have your own little black book of contacts - "F" the crackdown
And remember, it doesn't have to be about chicas 24/7 - hang with the locals - drink with the locals - play basketball in Charamicos, go to the gym or play golf
Take day trips - many beautiful beaches on the North coast
Rent a scooter - take a drive - THIS I love and do on most of my trips

There are so many ways to make your own world down there
It is a beaustiful tropical island - enjoy yourself, bask in the sun, enjoy the food, the discos, the sights and the people - the Dominican has alot to offer - NOT just chicas for cheap.

GLTA!

hugrad95a
09-14-2010, 01:01 PM

My friends visiting there now and other friends that live there tell me the "vibe" on the street is a bit different.

There are way too many Haitians living on the street in Sosua - pestering people, begging for money and in some cases following people home - I was told of a few scary incidents recently. Plus when you hit Classicos there are way too many Haitian chicas hanging out looking for your money - anyway they can get it

I have friend in the Neptuno and there have been numerous break ins lately - not good

Go to Classicos at nite to pull phone numbers of chicas and arrange to meet them during the day and keep them until nite etc.
Go to Crystals or El Bohem in PP and pull some phone numbers out of there for beach/disco action - save a ton of money this way - I have done it many times
This creates another reason to keep and accumulate chica's phone numbers - when you get there call them and make arrangements - have your own little black book of contacts - "F" the crackdown
And remember, it doesn't have to be about chicas 24/7 - hang with the locals - drink with the locals - play basketball in Charamicos, go to the gym or play golf

It is a beaustiful tropical island - enjoy yourself, bask in the sun, enjoy the food, the discos, the sights and the people - the Dominican has alot to offer - NOT just chicas for cheap.

GLTA!

You can say it no better than this.

steviewonder
09-14-2010, 01:02 PM
Man you guys dont get it, The Mayor is eleminating the competition, so she can be the only puta on the strip.

Just think how much money she will make :)

You’re so right. She doesn’t give a shit, in 3 yrs. she’ll retire. Then we get the big Chulo Willie and his gang bang casas. Come to think of it, maybe Willie is really the one now in charge? :eek:

knotty
09-14-2010, 01:03 PM
if the powers that be want to really crack down on Sosua, they will do it. Someone mentioned about Boca Chica, but I remember when I started traveling to DR. Boca Chica was the hot spot prior, then literally died down to never recover again. There may be spots you can hit, but it's no where near the popularity with hookers as it was back in the days.

I have travelled to DR when they had the crackdown in 04/05, and the police were definitely manning the streets. Eventually, the police released their grip and things went back to normal, but the number of girls who were coming to Sosua decreased. It was never as packed as it was prior to the crackdown.

So if they really want to shut shit down in Sosua, believe me, it will happen. Alot of guys here have to stop comparing what is normal to them or would make absolute sense, and leave that wherever they're coming from. DR is DR, and will be run the way they want it, and doesn't really matter what may be written law because even that doesn't matter there as much.

WickedWillie
09-14-2010, 01:12 PM

Thats an affirmative.

LJDMV
09-14-2010, 01:16 PM
Blackbeards was the spot I used to go to until I went to sosua. They had too many rules for me at BB as far as what the girls could do, rates, no video taping. I liked the choice sosua game me and there were no rules. I will see how things go for my next visit to sosua in October. I can adapt well if the need arises. Either way I will make sure I enjoy myself in sosua or if I need to hit SD if necessary.

WickedWillie
09-14-2010, 01:23 PM
So here are the questions that I have for you.

Can the chicks sit at the bar's if they are ordering drinks. Can they hangout at the tables at El Flow or Rumba if they are buying drinks.

Yes. Just can't walk the streets.

steviewonder
09-14-2010, 01:23 PM
Thats an affirmative.

I was told that the law here is that you must be wearing a bathing suit in order to enter :walk: the beach premises.Maybe this is the reason some are not permitted to enter? :rofl:

Ram
09-14-2010, 01:26 PM
I was told that the law here is that you must be wearing a bathing suit in order to enter :walk: the beach premises.Maybe this is the reason some are not permitted to enter? :rofl:

I guess I better dig out my speedo.

The Sage
09-14-2010, 01:26 PM
Now this is getting serious. According to my sources a meeting was scheduled for last Sunday to discuss a proposal that only escorted ladies be allowed on the beach. No one I spoke with knows if the meeting took place or if it did what was decided. I doubt the local authorities could pull this off. Who would make the call as to who was a worker and who was not. The weekends with the large influx of visitors would present quite a vexing problem for this type of ordinance. The scary thing is that this sort of thing is even being discussed.

Count
09-14-2010, 01:30 PM
I thought it was virtually in the Constitution that all beaches were for the enjoyment of all Dominicans which is the reason it is very difficult for hotels to actually own beaches.

The Sage
09-14-2010, 01:33 PM
The mayor's term is for 6 years.

papi_sosua
09-14-2010, 01:38 PM
See also the RIP Sosua thread in which I posted that a friend of mine, who permanently resides in Sosua, told me today that single chicas are no longer welcome at the beach. Supposedly police is guarding the beach entrances.

Your information would corroborate his statement.

Now this is getting serious. According to my sources a meeting was scheduled for last Sunday to discuss a proposal that only escorted ladies be allowed on the beach. No one I spoke with knows if the meeting took place or if it did what was decided. I doubt the local authorities could pull this off. Who would make the call as to who was a worker and who was not. The weekends with the large influx of visitors would present quite a vexing problem for this type of ordinance. The scary thing is that this sort of thing is even being discussed.

givengo440
09-14-2010, 01:39 PM
Rosetta Stone anyone???

The Sage
09-14-2010, 01:40 PM
You see I leave and the whole scene falls apart. In 5 years when I'm ready to retire this shit should have worked it's way out. Any changes to Sosua ain't worth a hill of beans when it comes to solving the country's problems. For the foreseeable future there will still be thousands of lovely young broke ass dominicanas looking for a way to feed the kids and/or find a way out of their dead end existence.

papi_sosua
09-14-2010, 01:41 PM
I am not aware of any constitution in the world that protects public mongering on beaches. Keep in mind that the open sex trade might actually prevent Dominican families from fully enjoying their beaches.

Just something to think about...

I thought it was virtually in the Constitution that all beaches were for the enjoyment of all Dominicans which is the reason it is very difficult for hotels to actually own beaches.

Jimmydr
09-14-2010, 01:46 PM
You see I leave and the whole scene falls apart. In 5 years when I'm ready to retire this shit should have worked it's way out. Any changes to Sosua ain't worth a hill of beans when it comes to solving the country's problems. For the foreseeable future there will still be thousands of lovely young broke ass dominicanas looking for a way to feed the kids and/or find a way out of their dead end existence.

10's of 1,000's:eek:

Gutter Meat
09-14-2010, 01:47 PM
See also the RIP Sosua thread in which I posted that a friend of mine, who permanently resides in Sosua, told me today that single chicas are no longer welcome at the beach. Supposedly police is guarding the beach entrances.

Your information would corroborate his statement.

Was at the beach all day yesterday and didnt know if this was taking place since the beach was dead.

The Sage
09-14-2010, 01:52 PM
There are way too many Haitians living on the street in Sosua - pestering people, begging for money and in some cases following people home - I was told of a few scary incidents recently. Plus when you hit Classicos there are way too many Haitian chicas
!

I figured this had something to do with this "cleanup". The previous pogroms started when the local Haitian population started to overwhelm the tourist hangouts.

Ram
09-14-2010, 01:54 PM
Wander over to Charamicos and find a beach buddy.

The Sage
09-14-2010, 01:56 PM
10's of 1,000's:eek:

The truth is 100s of thousands

Jimmydr
09-14-2010, 01:57 PM
The truth is 100s of thousands

There is only 10,000,000 on the Island, half of them male.

deezl
09-14-2010, 02:05 PM
how's the weather in negril this time of year?

steviewonder
09-14-2010, 02:10 PM
The mayor's term is for 6 years.

3 for her, and then 3 for her male deputy.:corky:

JD426
09-14-2010, 02:13 PM
I guess I better dig out my speedo.

It gonna get ugly If I have to dig out my banana Hammock, from circa 1984.

steviewonder
09-14-2010, 02:22 PM

Cum one, cum all to the exclusive Willie World, only in Sosua to serve you’re every need. Only here you will enjoy our brand new casas now located on the strip, The Latinos Casa of Pleasures as well as Classicos Casa Secrets. In addition, enjoy the best of the local flavors of Sosua only in Willie World’s Entertainment Bars and Discos. There you will hear the finest music available, dancing the night away with your special chica, while drinking our local favorites at El We All Go Flow, Rumba Your Bumpy Some More, and Club X With A Shot.
Admission:
Willie World Entertainment Locations: Free
Casas: Menu Selected Pricing for your Convenience
Hours: 3 pm -5am Weekly, 2pm-6am Weekends

gdogg
09-14-2010, 02:31 PM
For those who know me know I've been comin down here for a long time and often. The crack down is huge ...They had police posted at both ends of the strip last night ..some at Fat hermans and then by Clasicos and a few in between clasicos and Latinos. Tonight I will take pictures of the strip and post them when I get home.

Be careful of what you take pictures of. I've been told by certain ex-pats that that can sometimes be a bad idea. If you start getting "mean mugged" by the authorities, move on.
:eek:

The Sage
09-14-2010, 02:45 PM
There are 3 million women on that island between 15 and 65. My guess is maybe a million between 18 and 35. If only 20% of them are in play that's 200k.

weyland
09-14-2010, 02:46 PM
Who would make the call as to who was a worker and who was not.
They could make a start with all chicas with tattoos, piercings, dyed hair or smoking. That would clear a lot of garbage off the beach without too much agonizing over who to ban. I would add "with false tits" but you don't see many of those in the DR and certainly not on street hookers.

JD426
09-14-2010, 02:54 PM
Wander over to Charamicos and find a beach buddy.
Brilliant !!!
There are so many ways to outsmart this Mayor, it's retarded....
I can see "bikini shops " popping up all over Charamicos where chicas can gather and gringos come pick out a chica and a bikini for the day .
I'm going to call mine "Beach Blanket Bingo".

The Sage
09-14-2010, 03:00 PM
There are 3 million women on that island between 15 and 65. My guess is maybe a million between 18 and 35. If only 20% of them are in play that's 200k.

My bad those are Dominican only numbers that do not include undocumented or documented Haitians so you can easily add 30k or more to that number. Bottom line is based on one man's capacity the supply is limitless.

papi_sosua
09-14-2010, 03:07 PM
This predates me by many moons but wasn't Charamicos also an epicenter of action the 90ies? It then also got cleaned up, and it is what it is today...

Brilliant !!!
There are soooo many ways to outsmart this Mayor, its retarded....
I can see "bikini shops " popping up all over charamicas where chicas can gather and gringos come pick out a chica and a bikini for the day .
Im going to call mine "Beach Blanket Bingo"

Jimbo44
09-14-2010, 03:17 PM
So, I am about to pull the motherfucking trigger on a mid October trip, and now I got to read more bullshit!!! What the fuck is going on down there!!!

husl2001
09-14-2010, 03:19 PM
They could make a start with all chicas with tattoos, piercings, dyed hair or smoking. That would clear a lot of garbage off the beach without too much agonizing over who to ban. I would add "with false tits" but you don't see many of those in the DR and certainly not on street hookers.

Totally agree.

JD, I don't think it's about "outsmarting" anyone, but the truth is Sosua (and the dozens of other towns and cities in DR) doesn't need the homeless kids, underage girls, drug addicts, lunatic deportees and hard-core putas in that scene.

It's not good for the town, the tourists, for anyone.

Robert received mad props in another thread b/c of his beautiful girlfriend. No disrespect to Robert, but fellas, she's a much better representation of what Dominicanas look like than 95% of the putas in Sosua. Attractive, decent women are everywhere

DCI's Mocana literally stops traffic wherever he takes her. Mi favorita is a very attractive woman, but pales when compared to her otherworldly cousins. Santiago and Santo Domingo are overrun by amazing women, and they hardly EVER go to Sosua.

Why? Because of the super-seedy reputation of the place. When they go, it's for a weekend to hook up with an Italian prepared to grossly overpay them, and then they spend the other 27 days in the month living normally.

Again, there are a gazillion places other than Pedro Clisante in the Dominican Republic where guys can have a great time. Expand your horizons a bit.

Gutter Meat
09-14-2010, 03:28 PM
So, I am about to pull the motherfucking trigger on a mid October trip, and now I got to read more bullshit!!! What the fuck is going on down there!!!

HEY JIMBO,
yea I'm down here now and its gotten that bad. Hopefully things will change. I went back to the room empty handed last night at 2am as the few girls that were out there so hidious.

Gutter Meat
09-14-2010, 03:32 PM
Be careful of what you take pictures of. I've been told by certain ex-pats that that can sometimes be a bad idea. If you start getting "mean mugged" by the authorities, move on.
:eek:

It will be simply with my cell camera ...won't be obvious.

Jimbo44
09-14-2010, 03:38 PM
Well it was Monday night , so I can dig it, but I know come WED on the tally gets much better. I could care less about the bar fights, I see one or two every trip. The chulos and hustlers just know to stay away from me anyway. But I have to have the nightlife to enjoy my trip. So keep us informed. You are doing a great job, and we all thank u for this Thread buddy!!!!

gdogg
09-14-2010, 03:38 PM
Totally agree.
Again, there are a gazillion places other than Pedro Clisante in the Dominican Republic where guys can have a great time. Expand your horizons a bit.

You can even take baby steps in your expansion. Go to Monte Llano, or "all the way" to Puerto Plata!
:wink:

JD426
09-14-2010, 03:46 PM
I think you should hold off til Halloween, more of us will be there & we can all fuck with the Mayor disguised as Putas.
Davemaryland and Naptime will lead the Parade as master of ceremomies down Pedro C.

husl2001
09-14-2010, 04:09 PM
I think you should hold off til Halloween, more of us will be there & we can all fuck with the Mayor disguised as Putas.
Davemaryland and Naptime will lead the Parade as master of ceremomies down Pedro C.

If you dress as a puta, you may find yourself on the wrong end of one of Jimbo's "bow wow" shots. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

hugrad95a
09-14-2010, 04:34 PM
Maybe an ISOC protest halloween weekend would be in order.

macula
09-14-2010, 04:42 PM
LOL. I'm supposed to buy my ticket tomorrow.

macula
09-14-2010, 04:46 PM
Great thinking! :cheesygrin:

GLTA!

FritoBandito
09-14-2010, 04:54 PM
Great thinking! :cheesygrin:

Couple of questions: How long did the crackdown in 2004 last, and where can I find the carwashes in Puerto Plata???

My prediction is that you'll see more putas in Cabarete, with Sosua being "too hot" for them at the momernt.....

voltage69
09-14-2010, 04:56 PM
yeah what are these carwashes?

Tiger
09-14-2010, 04:56 PM

We need you go there and straighten things out! lol

eastcoastallstar
09-14-2010, 05:08 PM
I heard Boca Chica was poppin back in the day, so when they cracked down on Boca, where did the trade move to?

I mean the hoes are hoeing casue they need the money, it's not like they just evaporate....where do they go?

macula
09-14-2010, 05:09 PM
Couple of questions: How long did the crackdown in 2004 last, and where can I find the carwashes in Puerto Plata???

My prediction is that you'll see more putas in Cabarete, with Sosua being "too hot" for them at the momernt.....

I wish I could tell you. I only went to the DR (Sosua) once. I already had plans to stay in Caberete but I am also curious about the carwashes and Crystals in PP. I plan on spending my first 3 nights in Sosua in any event. If the vibe is totally shot to shit, I can just leave earlier. But I definitely want to spend time in Cabarete regardless because Sosua gets boring to me for the rest of the day/night once I've bust a nut or two.

The Sage
09-14-2010, 05:18 PM
There are no STI type car washes in POP. Ojivies is the main car wash there, but there's little to no action. My understanding is for the most part, other than the casas, POP is slow during the week. On the weekend there are several rancho tipico type places, but most of you gringos don't have a hope of fitting in. I can see it now and it is quite funny. LOL

Jimmydr
09-14-2010, 05:18 PM
I heard Boca Chica was poppin back in the day, so when they cracked down on Boca, where did the trade move to?

I mean the hoes are hoeing casue they need the money, it's not like they just evaporate....where do they go?

I landed in the Capital in 1997 because the POP airport's runways were long enough for the big planes. Shortly there after you could fly from NY to POP.

1997 was the end of BC. Most of the chicas from the Capital go to the clubs there or end up in Sosua. In the 1980's and 1990's 1,000's came to the fast houses in NY and Boston. That ended around 1995, with Mayor G and tougher Visa laws.

papi_sosua
09-14-2010, 05:41 PM
My favorita told me today that Cabarete is also swarming w/ police.
Also, historically Cabarate has been less tolerant of the trade.

Seems as they are cleaning up PC, they also understand to close off all secondary venues (beach, Cabarete). The people in charge are not as dumb as some like to think...

Nakom
09-14-2010, 05:42 PM
Why are reports coming in so different from members over the last week? Because your vacation is what you make of it. Me, Tallis, Drdreamer, Davemaryland, Prince, ect, ect, all had a great time in the Su last week.

Sure things were a little slower and a few putas were being picked up, but we all had a blast. There was plenty of quality chicas around and my phone is always full of numbers. If you let the chicas pick you, you get what you get. Pick the ones you want and go get em'. If you go with a positive attitude, take the safety advice from this board, and hang with some quality wingmen, Sosua is still a great vacation.

As others have stated - Get out and see other places - take a run at some non pros. This trip we went to Santiago (2 days), Puerto Plata, Costambar, and Caberete. These are not huge excursions by any means, but it breaks up your trip and you get to have new experiences. My take - people are way over exagerating on the climate in the Su.

Check out the awesome report

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?t=278656

papi_sosua
09-14-2010, 06:36 PM
You mean you can't get your car washed at the carwash ?:)

If Sosua goes away in its present form, and if the pressure keeps up for just another two - four weeks it might be history, one of the great training grounds of Latinamerican mongering will be lost.

Even those w/ no to limited Spanish could get their feet wet here; Nicaragua, Columbia, and other locales might not be so accommodating to the newbie gringo.

There are no STI type car washes in POP. Ojivies is the main car wash there, but there's little to no action. My understanding is for the most part, other than the casas, POP is slow during the week. On the weekend there are several rancho tipico type places, but most of you gringos don't have a hope of fitting in. I can see it now and it is quite funny. LOL

Jimmydr
09-14-2010, 06:40 PM
You mean you can't get your car washed at the carwash ?:)

If Sosua goes away in its present form, and if the pressure keeps up for just another two - four weeks it might be history, one of the great training grounds of Latinamerican mongering will be lost.

Even those w/ no to limited Spanish could get their feet wet here; Nicaragua, Columbia, and other locales might not be so accommodating to the newbie gringo.

They can go to San Jose Costa Rica to get trained.:eek:

bobdobbs
09-14-2010, 06:44 PM
It gonna get ugly If I have to dig out my banana Hammock, from circa 1984.
You mean I wont get arrested if I wear this to the beach?
http://bruneirugby.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/borat.jpg
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

WickedWillie
09-14-2010, 07:34 PM

Don't bank on that. Politur in Cabarete have been pretty hot with chicas on the street for some time now.

Yesterday, around midday, I saw Politur chase the 2 or 3 Haitianas that work the road daytime near Costa Azul. To the best of my knowledge they have never been hassled before.

MisterPink
09-14-2010, 07:56 PM
i have been spending alot of time in LAS TERRENAS there are few gringo"s around and putas,novice pro and semi pro everywere, its like being a kid in a candy store, its no sosua, its a different animal, i have read a few threads here and i know a few of you know what i am talking about, FUCK SOSUA STOP CRYING get on yur bike and get to the samana penninsula get out of your comfort zone come and see the real dr, no lack of beuties here my friends.

GrandePadre
09-14-2010, 08:09 PM
My favorita told me today that Cabarete is also swarming w/ police.
Also, historically Cabarate has been less tolerant of the trade.

Seems as they are cleaning up PC, they also understand to close off all secondary venues (beach, Cabarete). The people in charge are not as dumb as some like to think...

No they are probably dumber. Its like closing down Disneyland in Orange county and still expecting to see tourists to show up in the same or greater numbers.

Hey its their country, they can do what they want to do with it, but when you are already in a the red, cutting off your largest tax base isn't exactly a smart move, especially in a bad economy. Like I said before, cutting off your nose to spite your face.

MisterPink
09-14-2010, 08:13 PM
well said i cant agree more with you,o think some guys are too one dimensional when they hit the dr, I LOVE THE CHASE OF THE NON PRO ALTHOUGH IT DOES NOT TAKE LONG TO TAME THEM, a working pro is like shooting fish in a barrel, wow i pulled a hooker arn"t i the shit......

GrandePadre
09-14-2010, 08:15 PM
Why are reports coming in so different from members over the last week? Because your vacation is what you make of it. Me, Tallis, Drdreamer, Davemaryland, Prince, ect, ect, all had a great time in the Su last week.

Sure things were a little slower and a few putas were being picked up, but we all had a blast. There was plenty of quality chicas around and my phone is always full of numbers. If you let the chicas pick you, you get what you get. Pick the ones you want and go get em'. If you go with a positive attitude, take the safety advice from this board, and hang with some quality wingmen, Sosua is still a great vacation.

As others have stated - Get out and see other places - take a run at some non pros. This trip we went to Santiago (2 days), Puerto Plata, Costambar, and Caberete. These are not huge excursions by any means, but it breaks up your trip and you get to have new experiences. My take - people are way over exagerating on the climate in the Su.

Check out the awesome report

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?t=278656

This was really striking to me. I would see some people talk about how SU was dead, and other talk about having a blast. I was getting nervous at first about my upcoming trip, but then I was like fuck it, I got game, I talk to a few chicas on Dominican Cupid, other mongers are gonna be there, I don't think I will have problems finding things to get into.

papi_sosua
09-14-2010, 08:22 PM
Well, that's exactly the typical Northamerican monger attitude that kills the place: "I got the dollars, and because of that I am smarter than you, and you do as I say..."

RIDICULOUS! Enough said. Let's be thankful that the Domincans put up with that shit as long as they have...

No they are probably dumber. Its like closing down Disneyland in Orange county and still expecting to see tourists to show up in the same or greater numbers.

Hey its their country, they can do what they want to do with it, but when you are already in a the red, cutting off your largest tax base isn't exactly a smart move, especially in a bad economy. Like I said before, cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Jimbo44
09-14-2010, 08:31 PM
I am sure that even with things slow there it is still better to visit there for a few days if u know how to work it. Get in during the weekend and get s many numbers of the hot girls as possible then on the slow days during the week. U call the numbers and hook up dates with the chicas at a slow season rate. Also there is always passion and the new place that opened that will have girls during the weekdays. Hell, u r still getting a good deal on the prices there rather than being here in the usa and paying any of the prices they r charging here. Unless it is your first visit to sosua u should know how and where to find the nice chicas even when the strip is slow.

I am sure Peter is loving this shit!!!!

The Sage
09-14-2010, 08:33 PM
Some of these comments remind me of when the police cleaned up Sunset Blvd here in LA. Guys were complaining like someone stole their teddy bear. No one thought to think how they'd feel if their kids had to walk to school with hookers on the street, or having people having sex in cars in front of their house at all hours of the night, or finding discarded condoms and condom wrappers on and in the street when you took your morning stroll. Yes, it's all well and good when its not your neighborhood that's being desecrated.