PDA

View Full Version : Sun Block

Gutter Meat
09-13-2010, 11:19 PM
Just wondering since I got scortched at the beach today what sun block works best for those out there? I put on Banana boat SPF #80 all over my face before I went to the beach and still got burt on my face. It says it's water proof. I was on the beach for 4 hours. Should have I applied every hour?? Is banana Boat shit sun screen?

hugrad95a
09-14-2010, 12:28 AM
Wear a hat and take a break from the sun. 4 hours straight is alot. DR sun is stronger than US. Sun.

vewdew
09-14-2010, 12:54 AM
Its best that everytime you come out of the water to reaply again.
Or like hugrad said take a break.

FritoBandito
09-14-2010, 01:38 PM
You probably used the spray-on sunscreen. The lotion-type is thicker and better for blocking rays -- and lather it on until you look like a "mime lost on the beach...." :eek:

Bhutto,BhuttoGolly
09-14-2010, 03:20 PM
Just wondering since I got scortched at the beach today what sun block works best for those out there? I put on Banana boat SPF #80 all over my face before I went to the beach and still got burt on my face. It says it's water proof. I was on the beach for 4 hours. Should have I applied every hour?? Is banana Boat shit sun screen?

I use Neutrogena Helioplex 85 ???
Try a sombrero as well- I like the miliatary issue floppy "boonies" you can find at any Army/Navy surplus stores. What can I say- I love camo!

bigphill
09-14-2010, 04:03 PM
think thats some good advice keep appling the lotion and take some breaks cover up a little or get some shade but a good after sun to moisten your skin and take the heat and sting out of it should help ease any burns and if tender the next day keep out of the sun till your skins ok

Ter319
09-14-2010, 09:26 PM
I am a pale white irishman, my tans consist of different shades of red for the most part. Try to use a good quality sun screen, banana boat is crap, I use BULL FROG, or neutrogena of at least 30. I am avid motorcycle rider too, I put the bull frog on and I am usually good for the day, with no burn what so ever. At the beach I will start of with 30 lotion and then the rest of the day I will use the quick gel sprays.

Gutter Meat
09-14-2010, 09:31 PM
You probably used the spray-on sunscreen. The lotion-type is thicker and better for blocking rays -- and lather it on until you look like a "mime lost on the beach...." :eek:

Actually it was the Bana boat lotion I used #80spf, not the spray. The problem is I always do carry on for the plane so I need 3.2 oz or less to pass through TSA. I always thought the higher the SPF # the longer it lasts.

vewdew
09-15-2010, 01:18 AM
naw the higher the spf # = more protection.