PDA

View Full Version : REGGAETON

psriches
04-06-2005, 02:48 PM
It's amazing how this music blew up. A combination of r&b, reggae, hip hop and latin flavor. I remember first getting into it about 10 years ago. It was during a trip to Puerto Rico. I was in San Juan hanging out in condado(spelling). There was a main strip with nothing but cars blasting reggaeton. I remember thinking to myself that this was some powerful shit i'm listening too. And look how it is exploding across the world today. Daddy Yankee just went Gold..........That's Hot!!

knotty
04-06-2005, 02:54 PM
I remember the 1st reggaeton song i ever heard. The spanish version of Punani song by El General. Back then, it was just known as Spanish Reggae.

Pana
04-06-2005, 04:56 PM
I remember the 1st reggaeton song i ever heard. The spanish version of Punani song by El General. Back then, it was just known as Spanish Reggae.
El General was the one that started reggaeton. It originated in Panama I remember hearing it in the early 1990's when I visited Panama as a youngster and he was very big in the Latin world. In the mid-1990's ViccoC
form PR came out but he was not as big as El General if you ask any body thats speaks spanish and ask who El General is they know him he is the God Father of reggaeton. Tego was the one who blew it up to what it is now today and his last album Tego Calderon is a classic only if he spoke good english I think alot of people that like hip-hop would feel him.

psriches
04-06-2005, 05:24 PM
El General was the one that started reggaeton. It originated in Panama I remember hearing it in the early 1990's when I visited Panama as a youngster and he was very big in the Latin world. In the mid-1990's ViccoC
form PR came out but he was not as big as El General if you ask any body thats speaks spanish and ask who El General is they know him he is the God Father of reggaeton. Tego was the one who blew it up to what it is now today and his last album Tego Calderon is a classic only if he spoke good english I think alot of people that like hip-hop would feel him.I do remember El... I thought he was PR. I stand corrected.... thank you

knotty
04-06-2005, 05:27 PM
form PR came out but he was not as big as El General if you ask any body thats speaks spanish and ask who El General is they know him he is the God Father of reggaeton. Tego was the one who blew it up to what it is now today and his last album Tego Calderon is a classic only if he spoke good english I think alot of people that like hip-hop would feel him.

I would always expecting a spanish version of a hot reggae song back in the day. You automatically knew it was him because he was all over the place. Use to get regular spins on Video Music Box (flashback for the NY heads).

Pana
04-06-2005, 05:37 PM

I would always expecting a spanish version of a hot reggae song back in the day. You automatically knew it was him because he was all over the place. Use to get regular spins on Video Music Box (flashback for the NY heads).
He was the man back in the day, but El General is retired now. El was the 1st one that started talking profanity in Spanish one his best hits was "Caramelo" and also "Rica Y Apretadita" (all the latin mommies love this one) where classics to the Latin World.

Tonto4
04-08-2005, 05:57 AM
Thanks for all this background info. Can anyone suggest maybe three CDs to have now to play on my rental car CD player this trip. You know, current stuff that chicas will like.

continentalmike
04-08-2005, 07:31 AM
Thanks for all this background info. Can anyone suggest maybe three CDs to have now to play on my rental car CD player this trip. You know, current stuff that chicas will like.

Tonto,

Look for CD's that have different artists on them.. usually called 'Lo mejor' 'Grandes exitos' or "Reggeaton 2005' with something added to it..

Songs to look for now:

'Me duele la popala'
'Gasolina' is still good

Artist to look for:

'Tego Calderon'
'Don Omar'
'Daddy Yankee'
'Poison Ivy'

There are others too..

knotty
04-08-2005, 07:45 AM

Tonto,

Look for CD's that have different artists on them.. usually called 'Lo mejor' 'Grandes exitos' or "Reggeaton 2005' with something added to it..

Songs to look for now:

'Me duele la popala'
'Gasolina' is still good

Artist to look for:

'Tego Calderon'
'Don Omar'
'Daddy Yankee'
'Poison Ivy'

There are others too..

Since you're in NY Tonto, buy a mix CD from your nearest bootlegger. I copped a hot one by DJ Felino

04-12-2005, 09:33 PM
RADIO @ AOL now has a Reggarton station. I just found it last night, I don't know how long it's been there but it must have been added recently because I listen to their Latin Jazz station from time to time and never saw it before. I think it's pretty good (for the short time I been listening),they played Tego, Daddy Yankee, Don Ormar (the popular artists) and well as soon I have never heard of. I think it's worth checking out.

Tonto4
04-12-2005, 09:36 PM
93.7 out of hartford ct plays all reggeaton on sunday nites

BrooklynBeas
04-12-2005, 09:46 PM

Tonto,

Songs to look for now:

'Me duele la popala'
'Gasolina' is still good

Artist to look for:

'Tego Calderon'
'Don Omar'
'Daddy Yankee'
'Poison Ivy'

There are others too..

Dont you mean Ivy Queen>????

By the way Popola is another word for Pussy if you guys didnt know...

Bug Boy
04-12-2005, 10:56 PM

Tonto4,

If you're in Boca Chica long enough and you see my girls, please be sure to tell them that "Helpmann" says "hello."

-Helpmann :)

BTW: Much of this can be downloaded for free with P2P software.

The Helpmann Mix:

Reggaeton/Dance-Hip-Hop
*01 Daddy Yankee - Gasolina
02 Mr Vegas - Pull Up (El Culo)
*03 Wisin y Yandel - Saoco
04 Black Eyed Peas - Hey Mama
05 Daddy Yankee, Nina Skye, Gemstar, & Big Mato - Oye Mi Canto
06 Nelly - Hot In Here
07 Daddy Yankee - Tempted To Touch Remix
08 Daddy Yankee - Donde Hubo Fuego
*09 Daddy Yankee (Wisin y Yandel) - No Me Dejes Solo
10 Fat Joe - Remy Martin - Lean Back
11 Ludacris - Move Bitch
12 Wisin y Yandel - Chocolate Booty
13 Nicky Jam - Vida Escante - Hambonea
14 Zion y Lennox Daddy Yankee - Yo Voy
15 Daddy Yankee - Like You
16 Daddy Yankee Zion y Lennox - Tu Principe
17 Usher - Yeah
18 Daddy Yankee - Aqui Esta Tu Caldo
19 Daddy Yankee- Latigazo
20 Daddy Yankee - Mas Flow (Luny Tunes)
21 Wisin y Yandel - Dembou {reggaeton}
22 Daddy Yankee - Machete

Bachata
01 Quien Eres Tu
02 Monchy Y Alexandra - Perdidos
*03 Aventura - Lloras
04 Monchy y Alexandra - Dos Locos
05 Aventura - No Es Amor
06 Hay Hombre
07 No Que Tengo
08 Amiga Venero
09 Esperando Que
10 Perdonme
11 Mas Que Yo
12 Perdido
13 Yo Mama Mia
14 La More
15 No Siempre Nada
16 Te Llamo te llamo
17 Esperante
18 Ahora Te Vas

BrooklynBeas
04-13-2005, 08:52 AM

Tonto4,

If you're in Boca Chica long enough and you see my girls, please be sure to tell them that "Helpmann" says "hello."

The Helpmann Mix:

Reggaeton/Dance-Hip-Hop
06 Nelly - Hot In Here
11 Ludacris - Move Bitch
17 Usher - Yeah

Bachata
01 Quien Eres Tu
*03 Aventura - Lloras
05 Aventura - No Es Amor
06 Hay Hombre
07 No Que Tengo
08 Amiga Venero
09 Esperando Que
10 Perdonme
11 Mas Que Yo
12 Perdido
13 Yo Mama Mia
14 La More
15 No Siempre Nada
16 Te Llamo te llamo
17 Esperante
18 Ahora Te Vas

One of my favorite songs ever.... Amiga Veneno ... Poison Friend in translation... By Zacarias Ferriera

Update on my new Favorite Song... (after seeing them at Copa on Saturday)... Los Toros Band- Hoy Que No Estas

knotty
04-13-2005, 12:57 PM

can you get this station in nyc?

BrooklynBeas
04-13-2005, 01:12 PM

can you get this station in nyc?

I cant even check here at work... Every "fun" site is blocked now!

CaseOne
04-13-2005, 05:54 PM
man there was 1 song that they were playing the heck out of in the clubs when i was there last week...i listened to it so much you'd think i know what the name was..it was by Hector y Tito i think

damnit..i have the worst short term memory

Dick Dawson
04-13-2005, 06:53 PM
I check out some of the online stations through Winamp 5. You can do a search from there.

Tonto4
04-20-2005, 05:47 PM

Tonto4,

The Helpmann Mix:

Reggaeton/Dance-Hip-Hop
06 Nelly - Hot In Here
11 Ludacris - Move Bitch
17 Usher - Yeah

Bachata
01 Quien Eres Tu
*03 Aventura - Lloras
05 Aventura - No Es Amor
06 Hay Hombre
07 No Que Tengo
08 Amiga Venero
09 Esperando Que
10 Perdonme
11 Mas Que Yo
12 Perdido
13 Yo Mama Mia
14 La More
15 No Siempre Nada
16 Te Llamo te llamo
17 Esperante
18 Ahora Te Vas

One of my favorite songs ever.... Amiga Veneno ... Poison Friend in translation... By Zacarias Ferriera

Update on my new Favorite Song... (after seeing them at Copa on Saturday)... Los Toros Band- Hoy Que No Estas

Thanks for all the great suggestions. We ended up with 2CD's "Bachata Dominicana" y "Reggaeton Caliente" from a Boca Chica peddler. They got played often and LOUD during the drive to Puerto Plata, the 3 days there, and the trip back to BC. We had a tricky CD player in the car and only I was able to figure out how to turn up the volume :lol: I figure this skill gave me right to feel up the friend Allessandra while La Numero Uno drove.

I like the Reggaeton, but I really connected with Bachata for the first time. (Except when Naomi sung me "Estoy Perdido" while I worked my hand down the front of her pants.) That is probably still my favorite song on the CD, which is terrific. Aventura, Anthony Santos and Frank Reyes all have a couple good songs on it. "Asi Mismo es", by Joe Veras is incredible, his voice is so distinctive. Why don't women sing bachata? I don't get the words usually but it was a great discovery this trip.

Tonto4
04-24-2005, 06:44 PM

It is actually 104.1 FM out of Hartford, CT. I get it here in LI. Sorry about the wrong info. :oops: Just heard "Chocolate Booty". :lol:

DEPUTY DAWG
04-24-2005, 06:59 PM

It is actually 104.1 FM out of Hartford, CT. I get it here in LI. Sorry about the wrong info. :oops: Just heard "Chocolate Booty". :lol:

Ya gotta hook a brotha up with a copy of those CD's I'll be out in your neck of the woods next weekend and I will be putting some booties in the klink :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:Like a f*#king moe-ron :banghead: :banghead: I only bought 1 cd before I left on tuesday and I'm dying over here :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Tonto4
04-24-2005, 07:11 PM

Ya gotta hook a brotha up with a copy of those CD's I'll be out in your neck of the woods next weekend and I will be putting some booties in the klink :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:Like a f*#king moe-ron :banghead: :banghead: I only bought 1 cd before I left on tuesday and I'm dying over here :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Yeah Dawg playing the CD's keeps the vibe flowing a little longer :) I'm back to my usual listening now though.

sjaak
05-17-2005, 03:32 PM
Just downloaded this reggaeton CD: http://s20.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1XPIWGMA02G622F2ZQ5S9ASNKM
Lunytunes & noriega, Mas Flow. Pretty good. I'm especially digging Guanabanas right now. It's a good way to prolong that post-DR-trip feeling. (or prepare for the next one..).

DEPUTY DAWG
05-17-2005, 03:54 PM
thanks will check it out

Dick Dawson
05-17-2005, 06:13 PM
Just downloaded this reggaeton CD: http://s20.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1XPIWGMA02G622F2ZQ5S9ASNKM
Lunytunes & noriega, Mas Flow. Pretty good. I'm especially digging Guanabanas right now. It's a good way to prolong that post-DR-trip feeling. (or prepare for the next one..).

File Transfer: Unavailable

Unfortunately, the link you have clicked is not available.

Kevy
05-17-2005, 06:14 PM
try it again, maybe it can only take one at a time, I just finisshed my download, took about 10 min.

gdogg
05-17-2005, 06:20 PM
Kevyboy, you must have hogged all the bandwidth!! I can't get it either. I'll try later tonight.

File Transfer: Unavailable

Unfortunately, the link you have clicked is not available.
Your transfer cannot be completed. Most likely the file has exceeded its allotted bandwidth or has been removed by the original sender or a recipient.

:cry:

Kevy
05-17-2005, 06:22 PM
I only did one download, it is a 84 meg rar file, I will post it somewhere else if you have any ideas.

DEPUTY DAWG
05-17-2005, 07:36 PM
I have it.....Now how do I open the damn thing??????????

Kevy
05-17-2005, 07:48 PM
go to download.com and get a program called winRAR. THis will open the file and you will have to extract the songs to a directory on your harddrive.

Here is a 40 day trial version

http://www.download.com/WinRAR/3000-2250_4-10350955.html?tag=lst-0-1

BrooklynBeas
05-17-2005, 07:52 PM
i didnt try the DL cause i have it already... Buy it on CD if you really like reggaeton... They sell it in regular stores now... Its not the usually ghetto street mixed CD... Luny TUnes are the hottest DJ's in reggaeton music... The new one is Mas Flo part 2....

DEPUTY DAWG
05-17-2005, 07:56 PM
muchos gracias senior :D :D :D :D

sjaak
05-18-2005, 02:35 AM
or try this, i don't think it is a trial version
http://www.rarlab.com/rar/wrar35b4.exe

ajax718
06-29-2005, 10:37 AM
In New York City, a new station that plays mostly Reggaeton: 105.9 La Calle

psriches
06-29-2005, 08:32 PM
In New York City, a new station that plays mostly Reggaeton: 105.9 La Calle24/7

Apos
04-22-2006, 09:27 PM
how about a current list of music that "makes the chicas wet"...or atleast inspires them to dance and get crazy?

i'm trying to put together some music but am having trouble with the proper names of the artists and songs....help please:)

psriches
04-22-2006, 09:39 PM
Coming right up!! Give me a minute to type.

psriches
04-22-2006, 09:40 PM
How many? Top 5, 10, 15??

WSJ3
04-22-2006, 09:41 PM

Damn thats service...

Don't forget about me when you are making these compilation cds...

LOL...

Apos
04-22-2006, 09:42 PM

no limits here...i got gigs to spare....thanks...

i need HELP:rolleyes:

psriches
04-22-2006, 09:44 PM
Frank Reyes:

1. lo que la vida
2. princessa
3. el alcohol
4. se fue de mi
5. presumida

psriches
04-22-2006, 09:46 PM
Kiko Rodriguez:

1. bandido
2. vuelve

psriches
04-22-2006, 09:47 PM
Antony Santos:

1. lloro
2. gotas de lluvia

psriches
04-22-2006, 09:48 PM
Aventura:

1. la boda
2. angelito

psriches
04-22-2006, 09:49 PM
Zacarias Ferreia:

1. el amor
2. manana te olivido

psriches
04-22-2006, 09:51 PM
Raulin Rodriguez:

1. te pierdo
2. es mejor
3. solo quiereme

WSJ3_Sith_Lord
Aventura:

1. la boda
2. angelito

I love Adventura...

Apos
this is great!

thanks psriches:D:notworthy:

psriches
04-22-2006, 09:53 PM
El Chaval:

1. estoy perdido
2. que pasa

psriches
04-22-2006, 09:54 PM
Monchy & Alexandra:

1. hasta el fin

psriches
04-22-2006, 09:55 PM
Los Toros Band:

1. perdoname

psriches
04-22-2006, 09:57 PM
This should get you started. These are all club bangers guaranteed to get the chicas WET!!!!

Apos
04-22-2006, 10:00 PM
This should get you started. These are all club bangers guaranteed to get the chicas WET!!!!
every little bit helps!

muchas gracias!!!!!:clap:

and another rep point for you!

Phoenix
04-22-2006, 10:06 PM
Monchy & Alexandra:

1. hasta el fin

As a suggestion I might add "Perdidos" to this :)

psriches
04-22-2006, 10:07 PM
Outstanding!!

psriches
04-22-2006, 10:08 PM
every little bit helps!

muchas gracias!!!!!:clap:

and another rep point for you!thanks................

Phoenix
04-22-2006, 10:10 PM
Outstanding!!

I got a DVD with a bunch of videos called " Super Bachataos 2005 ". If you are interested I can probably burn you a copy. The chicas in the video are outstanding, even a little cameltoe is visble on Alexandra lol

JuanElGriego
04-22-2006, 10:15 PM
Calle 13 is a HOT boy right now.

Julio Voltio is another personal fave.

Wisin y Yandel just keep the hits coming.

I can't stand Daddy Yankee, but that's just my opinion.

Apos
04-22-2006, 10:15 PM
i'm also interesten in other stuff like sean paul...temperature and the like

why can't the chicas like Psychedelic rock?
http://www.koolpages.com/tiedyeman/psychedelic%20ghost%20canyon.jpg

psriches
04-22-2006, 10:19 PM
i'm also interesten in other stuff like sean paul...temperature and the like

why can't the chicas like Psychedelic rock?
http://www.koolpages.com/tiedyeman/psychedelic%20ghost%20canyon.jpgI think they like all types of music but i just gave you Bachata that the putas love.

Apos
04-22-2006, 10:20 PM
I think they like all types of music but i just gave you Bachata that the putas love.

and many, many thanks....i'm downloading right now!:clap2:

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

mirage6
04-22-2006, 11:01 PM
damn i remember that also back in the days freestyle music was also big back then as well -

knotty
04-23-2006, 12:43 PM
Apos, why don't you check some mix CD sites. where you find current list of what's being pumped. keeps you up to date on everything.

Apos
04-23-2006, 02:57 PM
Apos, why don't you check some mix CD sites. where you find current list of what's being pumped. keeps you up to date on everything.

thanks knotty, i remember now you suggesting that before....i'll have to dig thru my bookmarks.

...a perverts work is never done:rolleyes:

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Apos
05-01-2006, 07:11 PM
for the latest from NYC i've been listening to 105.9 la kalle http://eonstreams.univision.com/FastAim/Player/Player.php?PlayerID=286
since my trip to NYC...pretty cool station.
http://www.univision.com/content/channel.jhtml?chid=9486&schid=9497

what are you guys listening to?

TG37
05-01-2006, 07:59 PM
for the latest from NYC i've been listening to 105.9 la kalle http://eonstreams.univision.com/FastAim/Player/Player.php?PlayerID=286
since my trip to NYC...pretty cool station.
http://www.univision.com/content/channel.jhtml?chid=9486&schid=9497

what are you guys listening to?
APOS this is great its on my fav. list now thanks:notworthy:

knotty
05-02-2006, 08:07 AM
only problem with La Kalle is it set up like other stations. you end up hearing the same 10 songs all day. It really pops on certain days and nights. the nights, you'll hear everything.

continentalmike
05-02-2006, 08:38 AM
My advice would be to get the mix-cd's at DR$125-150 at the beach and buy 10 or so, some bachata, some merenge, some reggeaton and some romantico (mustn't forget those)..

Some good names to look out for are already mentioned but I think I missed a few, like Elvis Martines (El Mayimbe) Zacarias Ferreira and Monchy y Alexandra, whose smooth bachatas are very well loved..

Personally, I love to buy the concierto DVD's and pop them into the notebook.. Phoenix and LM might remember a certain reggaeton DVD that got the party started..

Phoenix
05-08-2006, 11:20 PM
My advice would be to get the mix-cd's at DR$125-150 at the beach and buy 10 or so, some bachata, some merenge, some reggeaton and some romantico (mustn't forget those)..

Some good names to look out for are already mentioned but I think I missed a few, like Elvis Martines (El Mayimbe) Zacarias Ferreira and Monchy y Alexandra, whose smooth bachatas are very well loved..

Personally, I love to buy the concierto DVD's and pop them into the notebook.. Phoenix and LM might remember a certain reggaeton DVD that got the party started..

That was a great party and some great vids CMike, we could of had some good ones with you on this last trip